Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Care of Magical Creatures I Open~ Intro/Bowtruckle Lecture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:53 am
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom
We're the beginning of the end
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image
нαℓғвℓσσ∂ | sιиɢℓє | иαтυяαℓιsт | ɢячғғιδσя αℓυмиι

[Class List]
Ahnna Atterberry
Aleah Toller
Sebastian Blythe
Balder Borson
Fianna Grey
Aria Solarin
Monika Evans

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." she concluded not waiting to see if there even were any. She hoped these students weren't that stupid. While she didn't like it, the verbal introductions were the better way to memorize names with faces. She'd never know how that Mythology professor did it.

"Since it's the first lesson, I'll first have you introduce yourselves then I'll give a short lecture on one of the creatures you'll be seeing next week. I would like to keep it short and brief so we can go about our day if you will, just your name and your house." Tesni stated waiting for the brave soul. She had detested introductions back when she was in school and she was sure she'd hate them more if she had to actually force them from students and listen to them herself.

Wearing▱Where: Outside the forest ▱With: Students ▱Feeling: Slightly bored ▱Thoughts: Here I go again on my own...▱OOC
Tonight
The foxes hunt the hounds
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Graydon Ironshield

Essy ze Ninja

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Third Year Thirteen Years OldSingle

Being from a family whom raised animals for a livelihood, the idea of studying magical creatures really appealed to Fianna, and she'd heard from Linny and Hannah how much they liked the class and their teacher, Professor Yates. There was also the chance to get out of the castle and explore the Forbidden Forest, even if she was doing so under supervision.

Getting threatened with being turned to fertilizer was not the way to endear oneself to one's students, but Fianna figured the professor needed to impress certain students that she was to be taken seriously. "Fianna Grey, Gryffindor," she said simply, choosing to keep it short and sweet. Hopefully, the class would loosen up as things went on.

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:35 pm
When Rome's in ruins
We are the lions
Free of the coliseums
In poisoned places
We are anti-venom
We're the beginning of the end
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image

[Class List]
Ahnna Atterberry
Aleah Toller
Sebastian Blythe
Balder Borson
Fianna Grey
Aria Solarin
Monika Evans

Tesni nodded at each student as they made their introductions and made sure to memorize names with faces for the ongoing school year. She hated it when her professors had been so bored or just lazy that they couldn't bother to remember their student's names. When everyone was done she looked at them all expectantly since she had just told them they would be taking notes but she decided to be nice and flicked her wand towards her students and their books fluttered open to the chapter on bowtruckles.

"Lovely to make your acquaintances but on to the main reason you're all here: to learn. Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.

Wearing▱Where: Outside the forest ▱With: Students ▱Feeling: Slightly bored ▱Thoughts: Here I go again on my own...▱OOC
Tonight
The foxes hunt the hounds
It's all over now
Before it has begun
And we've already won

Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Graydon Ironshield

Essy ze Ninja

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:25 pm
You've been acting awful tough lately
Smoking a lot of cigarettes lately
But inside, you're just a little baby, oh.
It's okay to say you've got a weak spot
You don't always have to be on top
Better to be hated than loved, loved, loved for what you're not
User Image
User Image

[Class List:]
Reyna Whyte
Melody Blythe
Ivar Eriksson
Saio Ukida
Colton Overton
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Darian Yaxley
Aiobheal McHalen

»Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. She made sure her new makeshift introduction slips were on her usual stump for them to pick up as they came over. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. If you haven't yet grabbed a slip of paper from the stump please do so. That will be your introduction to me as well as attendance for the day. I'm sure you would all appreciate it if we could get a jump start on the lesson rather myself and your classmates listening to your introductions." Plus Tesni detested listening to them herself and found them a complete waste of time but it wasn't like she was going to tell them this. "Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." She bit her tongue to prevent herself from telling them that the man would be even more unsufferable since he's spawned but they would figure it out on their own if they hadn't yet.

"Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed, please leave your introduction slips on the stump you found them." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.«

oyehh

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

You're vulnerable, you're vulnerable
You are not a robot
You're lovable, so lovable
But you're just troubled
Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot

The Stump

[b]Name:[/b] (Character's name)
[b]House:[/b] (Character's house)
[b]Pets/Familiar(s):[/b] (Any pet or familiar your character has)
[b]Why are you interested in taking this class?:[/b] (Well why are they?)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saio Mio Ukida
Third Year Hufflepuff
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Location : Care of Magical Creatures - Wednesday @ 1:00pm

Saio knew her schedule was busy but it wasn’t until school actually started that she realized how busy. Monday was a nightmare what with five classes back to back. The only saving grace was that lunch fit in between them all. Today was very much the same as Monday though just with a lot more spacing. Saio had just come off lunch, and before then was history and music. After magical creatures she had healing and then she had astronomy later that evening. Honestly, she couldn’t wait to get to the latter half of the week.

Heading outside and over to the location where magical creatures was to be held, Saio noted a form. Eyeing it she took one before class began. Listening to Professor Yates, the Hufflepuff wouldn’t dare break the rules. She had plenty of time to get to class and she’d never injury the animals. That was animal cruelty! Taking her stuff out, Saio was quick to jot down anything that was importance before they jumped into the lesson. ‘Bowtruckles… they’re the ones that look like tiny twigs.’ Saio thought as she called looking over some of the creatures during lunch.

As she took notes, Saio found that she was indeed right. They were the twig like creatures she remembered seeing in her book. To her they reminded her of the temperament of her house. Creatures that were peaceful and shy unless threatened or provoked. She found it even more interesting that they protected trees used in wandlore. That was one of her many classes on Monday morning. Apparently all one needed to do to interact with the creatures was offer them treats. That seemed like an easy thing to do.

Saio finished up any notes before making a note on the bottom of the homework. A seven inch essay on what they looked like, what they eat, and whether they were good or bad for the trees they inhabited. That wasn’t an overly bad first homework assignment, which she’d take care of after healing… maybe. Filling out the introduction slip, Saio packed up her things before placing it on the stump. Heading back up to the castle, the Hufflepuff wondered how fast she could get up to the castle and to her healing class.

- - - - - - - - -
                                                  Name: Saio Ukida
                                                  House: Hufflepuff
                                                  Pets/Familiar(s): A cat named Naown
                                                  Why are you interested in taking this class?: I've always loved animals. I work with animals on my aunt and uncles farm. So I thought why not learn about creatures of the magical variety.
                                                  - - - - - - - - -

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:15 pm
User Image
User Image

Reyna Whyte
Melody Blythe
Ivar Eriksson
Saio Ukida
Colton Overton
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Darian Yaxley
Aiobheal McHalen

»Tesni made sure to get out to the Forbidden Forest extra early so that she not only had enough bowtruckles for the students to see and interact with, but also enough wood lice to keep their interest. She also had fairy eggs but they were ones she had found a while ago and had been kept fresh with preserving charms so she hoped to only use them in case of emergency. Fresh fairy eggs were getting harder to find this time of year. Once everything was set up the way she liked it she looked at the time and noticed that she only had a few more minutes of peace before the students descended upon her. She decided against going back into the forest for a quick smoke so she settled on climbing into a nearby tree and relaxing for a bit. Sooner rather than later she saw the telltale signs of students arriving and let out a huff before swinging down from her branch and dropping down in front of them. "Afternoon kiddies. Today we will be doing the bowtruckle interaction so I hope you've brushed up on what you've learned. And before you forget, any who haven't already turned in the essay please do so on that stump." Tesni told them pointing to a nearby stump. "In or around each nearby tree is one bowtruckle. Your task for today is to locate it, sketch it, and interact with it. There are sketching tools for those who don't have any also by the stump and I will be walking around making sure no harm comes to the bowtruckle or to you. Which I doubt since I'm sure you've read the chapter and done the homework." she told her students smiling her toothy grin. "You have 'til the end of class. Begin."«

oyehh

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:58 am
User Image
User Image

Reyna Whyte
Melody Blythe
Ivar Eriksson
Saio Ukida
Colton Overton
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Darian Yaxley
Aiobheal McHalen

»Tesni was sitting on her stump smoking and enjoying the crisp air when her students started arriving. This wasn't her favorite lesson by a long shot, but it was technically an important one so she just had to suck it up and teach. At least they weren't as big of airheads as she originally thought so it would hopefully go rather smooth for her. When everyone had arrived she snuffed her f** out on the bottom of her boot and stood to start her lecture. "Hello kiddies, I hope you all enjoyed your bowtruckle interaction because today we'll be doing a plain lecture. Turn in your books and if you're attentive we might get out early. A Pixie is a small, bright blue mischief-maker, and loves tricks and practical jokes. The average height of one is eight inches though the females tend to be either that size or slightly smaller. They are able to fly, and enjoys lifting people up by their ears and depositing them on the tops of trees and buildings, showing incredible strength for creatures of their size. Pixies can only communicate with other pixies because of their high pitched shrill voices. They primarily live in Cornwall, England though are known to migrate occasionally to follow not only a food supply but a supply of animals or people to annoy. They are classed as a Beast and have a Ministry classification of XXX. This means that despite their size and any fairy tales you might've heard about them, they are dangerous and next time we meet you will exercise caution or be in a world of trouble. Though not just with me. In their honor, I want an eight inch report on pixies either put in my dropbox or here with you for our interaction. If there are no questions you are free to leave." Though she had just snuffed it Tesni felt the itch for another clove cigarette and resisted the urge to fidget in front of her students.«

oyehh

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexander Avery
Alana Rivero
Minako Tanaka
Kimberly Leon
Candace Mackenzie
Ruaridh Murdoch
Mercy Sanderson
Garnet Mortemer
Skylar Macclellan
Phoebe Davenport

»Tesni had to say, she had really gotten a hang of this whole "teaching" thing. A lot more than she originally thought. She had been so sure she would've been ran from the castle her third day from the ineptitude of the students. Thankfully there were a few in each year to keep her from slaughtering the lot so she hoped that the trend continued. Just like last year, the professor had decided to get a head start the rest of the week and decided she would get to the Forest an hour before her class began. Barely glancing at her watch she headed into the forest to speed up her waiting time. When it was time for class to start she parted from the forest casting a scourgify here or there for any dirt that might have stuck to her clothing while using her fingers to comb out any spiders or leaves that might've gotten caught in the curly mane she called hair. As she was tying it up she spotted the tell-tale signs of students walking out to her and straightened up as to present a strong front. If she didn't these little prepubescent wankers would walk all over her. She made sure her new makeshift introduction slips were on her usual stump for them to pick up as they came over. After a while when she was sure everyone that was supposed to be there was present she gave an internal sigh and decided that the time had come, the Walrus said.

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. If you haven't yet grabbed a slip of paper from the stump please do so. That will be your introduction to me as well as attendance for the day. I'm sure you would all appreciate it if we could get a jump start on the lesson rather myself and your classmates listening to your introductions." Plus Tesni detested listening to them herself and found them a complete waste of time but it wasn't like she was going to tell them this. "Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." She bit her tongue to prevent herself from telling them that the man would be even more unsufferable since he's spawned but they would figure it out on their own if they hadn't yet.

"Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twiglike fingers on each hand and a barklike face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed, please leave your introduction slips on the stump you found them." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.«

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

The Stump

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚎-
                                                  𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝
                                                  𝙶𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎
                                                  𝙳𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚝
                                                  𝙶𝚎𝚝 𝚞𝚙, 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚞𝚙, 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎, 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎-
                                                  𝚁𝚞𝚗 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚘!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝔊𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔢𝔱 𝔉𝔢𝔩𝔡𝔰𝔭𝔞𝔯 𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯 x
                                                  Pureblood Third Year Slytherin xxxxx

< Year 2036 >
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

± : . : ± : : ± : . : ±

Garnet thought he was going to enjoy this class, but maybe a little bit of... not. He squinted his eyes as he had to listen to the professor's irritating personality. Eventually he could not help himself but mutter to himself in French, "Elle est si tendue. Ceci est juste ce qu'il me faut." He wasn't dense, nor was he being a spoiled brat (he never was anyway, his mum and grandmaman didn't spoil him growing up). But he was simply just irritated that she had zero trust as if they were a bunch of spoiled kids (unless, you're Peter Whyte). Nevertheless, Garnet was simply silent as he was taking his notes diigently and was under the assumption that Professor Yates probably didn't like teaching them. But oh well, c'est la vie.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Garnet Feldspar Mortemer
                                                  House: Slytherin
                                                  Pets/Familiar(s): I have a half-kneazle named Sterling
                                                  Why are you interested in taking this class?: I've always taken interest in anything that had something to do with outdoors. I excel in Herbology and I look forward in taking care of the magical creatures

± : . : ± : : ± : . : ±

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                  𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 [Class] 𝚊𝚝 [outside school]

User Image

𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔢 𝔄𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔢 𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤

< Out.Of.Character >
                                                  Translation:
                                                  "She is so tense. This is just what I need."

𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜-
                                                  𝙶𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜
                                                  𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎!
                                                  𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚗, 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜, 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑
                                                  𝙱𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎-
                                                  𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗, 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝!

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:11 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
Third Years

Location : Care of Magical Creatures Class - Wednesday @ 1:00pm
With : Each other & the class...

User ImageUser Image
The four girls walked down to the clearing for their magical creatures class. Alana and Candace leading the way, while Minako and Kimberly followed behind. “Wonder what we’ll learn. This is going to be the best class.” Candace said rushing along. “You can’t say it’s the best class if we haven’t had it yet.” Minako commented. “Minako is right. What if the professor sucks?” Kimberly agreed. An odd occurrence for Kimberly but Minako certainly would take it. “We can’t say that. We haven’t even met her.” Alana spoke as they arrived.

Their professor didn’t look overly scary, not to either of the girls as they stood there waiting for class to start. When Professor Yates began to speak, they all looked over. When told to get a slip off the stump, Candace looked to the group. “I’ll grab them.” She said going over grabbing four slips before walking back to the others. “Here you guys go.” She said handing one slip to each of her ‘sisters’. Alana was relieved that she wouldn’t have to do introductions. Even knowing her classmates for a year she didn’t like talking much.

Listening to the rules of the classroom, they seemed pretty simple. Kimberly wasn’t sure what to think of their Professor. Professor Yates was… she wasn’t going to say a female version of Professor Hill but it was pretty close. Minako immediately began taking notes along with Alana who seemed rather interested in these tiny tree creatures. “They sound kind of cute…” Candace whispered. Alana smiled but continued writing away. When the lesson was over, all four girls filled out their slips and handed them in.

Slips
Name: Alana Rivero
Pets/Familiar(s): No but I wish I did.
Why are you interested in taking this class?: I love animals. I want to learn about them and learn how to take care of them. Maybe I’ll even work with them some day.

Name: Minako Tanaka
House: Ravenclaw
Pets/Familiar(s): A grey cat named Neela
Why are you interested in taking this class?: I thought it would be good to learn about creatures of the magical variety and it sounded interesting.

Name: Kimberly
House: Slytherin
Pets/Familiar(s): No, I don’t.
Why are you interested in taking this class?: My ‘sisters’ were taking it. Plus I want to be a healer and thought maybe learning about magical creatures could be of use.

Name: Candace Mackenzie
Pets/Familiar(s): Peaches my pet rat.
Why are you interested in taking this class?: I sounded cool! I like animals and never seen most magical ones so why not learn about them right? Plus my ‘sisters’ are taking it and I didn’t want to be left out.

“You two have Healing right?” Minako looked to Alana and Kimberly. “Yep, on that note we should get going.” Kimberly said before looking to Alana. “Coming?” She asked her. “Um, yeah. See you later.” Alana said to the others before running off.

(Exit Alana & Kimberly)

“What are we going to do?” Candace asked Minako. “Well we could always get a head start on homework. On that note I have a question to ask, Professor Yates.” Minako replied. “Oh, really. What?” Candace asked. “Something about the classification in this book,” She answered before walking up Professor Yates. “Excuse me, I have a question. In the book it mentions a beast classification. What does that mean exactly?” Minako asked curiously. Candace followed standing next to her Ravenclaw friend equally curious about it.

Alana ~ Status : Excited Theme ~ Attire
Minako ~ Status : Interested Theme ~ Attire
Kimberly ~ Status : Unsure Theme ~ Attire
Candace ~ Status : Excited Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:07 am
User Image
User Image

Alexander Avery
Alana Rivero
Minako Tanaka
Kimberly Leon
Candace Mackenzie
Ruaridh Murdoch
Mercy Sanderson
Garnet Mortemer
Skylar Macclellan
Phoebe Davenport

»Tesni was sitting on her stump smoking and enjoying the crisp air when her students started arriving. This wasn't her favorite lesson by a long shot, but it was technically an important one so she just had to suck it up and teach. At least they weren't as big of airheads as she originally thought so it would hopefully go rather smooth for her. When everyone had arrived she snuffed her f** out on the bottom of her boot and stood to start her lecture. "Hello kiddies, I hope you all enjoyed your bowtruckle interaction because today we'll be doing a plain lecture. Turn in your books and if you're attentive we might get out early. A Pixie is a small, bright blue mischief-maker, and loves tricks and practical jokes. The average height of one is eight inches though the females tend to be either that size or slightly smaller. They are able to fly, and enjoys lifting people up by their ears and depositing them on the tops of trees and buildings, showing incredible strength for creatures of their size. Pixies can only communicate with other pixies because of their high pitched shrill voices. They primarily live in Cornwall, England though are known to migrate occasionally to follow not only a food supply but a supply of animals or people to annoy. They are classed as a Beast and have a Ministry classification of XXX. This means that despite their size and any fairy tales you might've heard about them, they are dangerous and next time we meet you will exercise caution or be in a world of trouble. Though not just with me. In their honor, I want an eight inch report on pixies either put in my dropbox or here with you for our interaction. If there are no questions you are free to leave." Though she had just snuffed it Tesni felt the itch for another clove cigarette and resisted the urge to fidget in front of her students.«

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:26 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikaru Nakano
Lydia Spencer
Driskol Abrams
Brianna Overton
Marcello Fioravanti
Clarice Steele
Ji-Yeong Cho

"Good afternoon all, I am your instructor for this course and my name is Professor Yates. Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures, a class in which you will learn how to properly identify, interact, and possibly care for the magical creatures that surround us all. If you haven't yet grabbed a slip of paper from the stump please do so. That will be your introduction to me as well as attendance for the day. I'm sure you would all appreciate it if we could get a jump start on the lesson rather than myself and your classmates listen to your introductions." Plus Tesni detested listening to them herself and found them a complete waste of time but it wasn't like she was going to tell them this. "Before we start all the fun I have to lay down some quick ground rules: don't be late, always bring your materials, absolutely no fighting of any kind, and the biggest most important rule in my book, don't disrespect or knowingly injure the animals. If I find that you have, I will send you out of here in a fertilizer bag for Professor Hill. Any objections? Good." She bit her tongue to prevent herself from telling them that the man would be even more insufferable since he's spawned but they would figure it out on their own if they hadn't yet.

"Each class will have two main parts; in the first class I will give you a lecture on the creature we are studying and how to interact with them and then the second class we will put what you've learned to the test. Today is the first part and our creatures of interest are Bowtruckles. The Bowtruckle can be found in western England, southern Germany, and certain Scandinavian forests. A Bowtruckle serves as a tree guardian for its home tree, which is usually a tree whose wood is of wand quality, such as the Wiggentree. They are pixie-like bark-coloured tree-guardians of about eight inches in height. They have knobbly arms and legs, two twig-like fingers on each hand and a bark-like face with small beetle-brown eyes; a camouflage that makes them difficult to spot in their natural habitat. Even though they seem harmless, they have got really sharp fingers, fingers they have no qualms about using on those they see as a threat. Bowtruckles are generally shy and peaceful, but they become aggressive when their tree or their being is in danger. Woodcutters and wandmakers usually distract them with an offering of woodlice and other treats. They feed on insects, especially woodlice, fairy eggs, and Doxy eggs. Are there any questions?" Tesni paused in her rather short lecture to look around at her class. "If there are none you are free to go back to the castle, if you do you may see me after class. Your homework, give me seven inches on Bowtruckles detailing who they are, what they eat, and whether it's a good or bad thing that they inhabit the trees they do. Deliver it either to my drop box in my office or to me at our next meeting. Class is officially dismissed, please leave your introduction slips on the stump you found them." she excused them and stood there watching to make sure they made it to the castles and didn't attempt any unusual detours. When she was sure the last student was gone she went to the caretaker's cottage for a quick smoke before her next class.«

Kungudemoness

The Shiny Furret

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Diamond Wales

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

The Stump

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:44 pm
User Image
                                                        Well I thought I knew you, thinkin' that you were true. Guess I couldn't trust, called your bluff.
                                                        Time is up 'cause I've had enough. You were there by my side, always down for the ride,
                                                        But your joy ride just came down in flames 'cause your greed sold me out in shame.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔠𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬 𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔞 𝔉𝔦𝔬𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦
                                                        Ravenclaw / Third Year / Halfblood

After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you,
                                                        But, oh no, you're wrong. 'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know,
                                                        Just how capable I am to pull through, so I wanna say thank you.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Marcello followed his classmates into the Forbidden Forest for Care of Magical Creatures class. It was probably going to be the coolest class ever, to be held in the Forbidden Forest, the place where students weren't even supposed to be by themselves. It all seemed so wild and interesting and real. The Italian boy had always loved animals, so he didn't even have to think twice about signing up for this class. Of course, he hadn't had any run-ins with a magical creature, only things like cats and dogs and owls, of course. And his sister had a hamster, so he could add that to his list. Gathering with the others around the clearing where their class was to be held, Marcel noted the stump in the center with stacks of papers on it. Their teacher, Professor Yates, instructed them all to take one and fill it out while she went over the rules of the class. Marcel did just that, filling his out and returning it to the stump where he got it before taking out a parchment and quill for his notes. Where was he going to put his inkwell though... Oh well, he would just put it on the ground between his feet so no one tripped over it. The professor started talking about a creature called a Bowtruckle, a sort of twig-looking thing that could poke people's eyes out, which sounded wicked in his opinion. He wondered, and doubted, if he could have one as a pet. Something to research while he completed his homework assignment for the week. After the lecture was complete, Marcello packed up his notes and hurried along with the other students out of the forest. He would have liked to stick around (not a Bowtruckle pun) and hang out in the forest with their professor, but he had to get to Healing. Hopefully he wasn't late, since he had to travel all the way there from the forest.

Name: Marcello Fioravanti
                                                        Pets/Familiar(s): Eurasian Owl (aka Flint)
                                                        Why are you interested in taking this class?: I have always been interested in animals, ever since I was young, and wanted to learn about the magical ones as well.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

'Cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder.
                                                        It makes me that much wiser, so thanks for making me a fighter.
                                                        Made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker.
                                                        Makes me that much smarter, so thanks for making me a fighter.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:10 am
User Image

I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru had arrived early. He was excited for this class. He motioned for Marcel to join him on the log he has chosen for a seat and desk. He even gave one of his self inking quills to him, letting him keep it too. Hikaru took notes and even noted the supplemental books the official book mentioned, in case he wanted to read up a bit more. He could hardly wait till they got to the practice part. Unfortunately he didn't spot one. He dropped of his slip and proceeded to the next class

Name: Hikaru Nakano
Pets/Familiar(s): Mixed bread cat named Chipper
Why are you interested in taking this class?: I love creatures and taking care of them. It fascinating that they can be so different from each other and even have different personalities.

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:
The Shiny Furret

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:42 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikaru Nakano
Lydia Spencer
Driskol Abrams
Brianna Overton
Marcello Fioravanti
Clarice Steele
Ji-Yeong Cho

»Tesni made sure to get out to the Forbidden Forest extra early so that she not only had enough bowtruckles for the students to see and interact with, but also enough wood lice to keep their interest. She also had fairy eggs but they were ones she had found a while ago and had been kept fresh with preserving charms so she hoped to only use them in case of emergency. Fresh fairy eggs were getting harder to find this time of year. Once everything was set up the way she liked it she looked at the time and noticed that she only had a few more minutes of peace before the students descended upon her. She decided against going back into the forest for a quick smoke so she settled on climbing into a nearby tree and relaxing for a bit. Sooner rather than later she saw the telltale signs of students arriving and let out a huff before swinging down from her branch and dropping down in front of them. "Afternoon kiddies. Today we will be doing the bowtruckle interaction so I hope you've brushed up on what you've learned. And before you forget, any who haven't already turned in the essay please do so on that stump." Tesni told them pointing to a nearby stump. "In or around each nearby tree is one bowtruckle. Your task for today is to locate it, sketch it, and interact with it. There are sketching tools for those who don't have any also by the stump and I will be walking around making sure no harm comes to the bowtruckle or to you. Which I doubt since I'm sure you've read the chapter and done the homework." she told her students smiling her tooth grin before it melted back into her neutral facade. "You have 'til the end of class. Begin." «

Kungudemoness

The Shiny Furret

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166

Diamond Wales

You are not a robot
But you're just troubled

The Stump

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff