Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Original Desert Wind Archive Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:08 pm
***Daisuke and Asura***

As you continue to make conversation, a servant will come in and refill the food trays and refresh your drinks.As good servants, they would move in a way that would not interrupt either of you in any way. If you paid attention to any of them, you would notice one leave outside the compound and another meekly announce that Dinner will be held shortly.

***Mune***

This looks like a typical frontier town. The merchant houses are built up due to the position along the trade routes to the coast, but other than that, things are small and underdeveloped. It has a small floating world though, due to the richness of the residents and a regular tavern for those of lesser means. As long as it's not TOO exotic, you can probably find anything you want to see here.

****Jinyu-Zhe and Aneksi*****

"Is that so?" states the Daidoji skeptically as you tried to determine the grade of the oats you've eaten. They weren't anything special from a stable that's probably used to housing Utaku battle steeds. As you finish swallowing down the second handful of oats, the Crane would bow to you. "Forgive me for not introducing myself. I am Daidoji Shuji."

It is at this point when Aneksi walks into the room and sees Jinyu-Zhe talking to the Crane she passed on the way to Ide James'.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:48 pm
"You're a long way from home, Daidoji-san." Aneksi interjected as she walked in on the conversation. Possibly a rude gesture to others, but if he'd made it this far she was confident he knew that it was not poor etiquette for a Battle Maiden to speak over an Utaku male, much less her own husband. Ultimately, whether he knew or not, she was in a hurry regardless. "I am Utaku Aneksi, and this is my husband, Utaku Jinyu-Zhe. I hope you can pardon the interruption, but there is a private matter I must speak with him about that simply cannot wait."

"I trust everything is well, Jinyu? Or at least adequate enough to postpone?"
she continued, addressing her husband as she crossed her arms and gave him that look.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:34 am
On the verge of making a decision on the matter, his wife entered. She gave him a certain look, as well as a verbal request, which means he didn't have the luxury of time to spend on getting things perfect. It was a temporary stop anyways, so maybe it wouldn't be that big of a deal. His duty was first and foremost to his beloved.

"Mm, they are, they are." Turning back to the stablehand, he would nod. "This will do. However, do not give Chishiyo here any from the sample you brought me, or from where you procured it from if you return it. She won't eat it if now it has my scent. Feed it to my own horse, if you would."
Jinyu-Zhe would walk over to Aneksi, and openly give her a peck on the cheek, despite being in company of another. Unicorns FTW! "You know me, dearest. Ask, and I shall serve," he would say, gesturing with his body language that he was ready to leave with her at that moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:43 pm
The servant would hustle off to heed Jinyu-Zhe's instructions while Daidoji Shuji backs off. "And I've yet farther to go. I'm sure we'll meet again. Good luck to you, Sir and Lady Utaku." With that, the Crane would head into the inn proper.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:31 pm
Aneksi went to return the kiss when... sniff sniff... ..."Jinyu have you been eating the horse feed again? You know what that does to your breath."

Despite their parting words, they would be going in the same direction as the Daidoji. At least at first. Until she came up to a servant and demanded to be shown to her room. Then they likely parted ways. Upon arriving she gestured for Jinyu to help her remove her armor, as per usual. They were done riding, and still had other things to do, so it was really more of a hindrance than a help at this point.

"I am troubled, my love. Never before have I been faced with a choice upon which the honorable path was not immediately apparent. The Shiotome know where I am best utilized. I follow orders and life is good. But this Ide, with his trickery, threats, and... politics..." the tone and subtle shudder alone was enough to tell that that word was quite vulgar in her mind, "...is a beast I am not equipped to face."

She took Jinyu's hand - heedless of where he was in the process of removing her armor - and looked into his eyes in search of emotional support. "We have been given an ultimatum, husband. Either help investigate rumors of maho in the Paragon Ryoko's court, or be forced to remain here as garrison. If we go and find the rumors true, such a discovery will further stain our family's honor, and if we find them false we may be at risk for questioning our superiors' honor. If we stay here... well... I don't know. It would be peaceful, if unfulfilling. We may also be able to call his bluff. He would have to pull some high favors to keep a shugenja and Shiotome out in a colonial garrison. What do you think?"

She knew well enough not to ask the man that question, but extraordinary circumstances seemed to make it more appropriate than it normally was.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:02 pm
Assuming a recap would be given...

"What do I think?" he would ask her, though with a hint of rhetoric in his voice. He reflected inward for a few moments, and continued where he left off with the removal of his wife's armor.

Without looking her in the eye, but instead, focusing at the task at hand, he would begin to answer. "Did Shinjo-no-kami herself not see to the uprooting and elimination of the Kolat, when they heavily infiltrated our clan centuries ago? It was a dark spot in our history, sure, but wasn't it necessary? Didn't it make us stronger afterwards for it?" A pause. "The matter with Utaku Shinmei sounds like it is likely an unrelated matter. It sounds like the task given to you is to avenge your fellow shiotome, and then to simply keep your eyes and ears open for anything suspicious. It sounds like a straightforward matter with a clear, albeit slightly rocky, path along the journey to our overall greater mission."

He finished removing the final piece of her guard, kneeling with her final suneate in his hands. "Though I think it would only be right for you to inform Ide Jamesu that your oat-eating priestly husband has been so thoroughly bothered by the fact that his most honorable shiotome wife being blackmailed with the lowly task of chasing rumors, that he is no longer able to concentrate to perform the blessings on his stables, as your husband had originally intended." Standing, he would hand the pair of shinguards to Aneksi. "It's only right that he knows."

Though he did not smile, his brow was raised with a hint of suggested playfulness and humor.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:49 am
The young battle maiden stared off contemplatively into the void as her husband worked and spoke, absently adding a helping hand here and there as it was needed and neatly setting the armor on the room's dresser.

"Hm. I've never aspired to the feats of a Kami. Disquiet among the Shinjo is one thing, but to even imagine a Shiotome engaging in maho is... an uncomfortable thought." she let out a heavy sigh and put up the last of her armor. "You're right. Our destiny isn't here. We've only just gotten a household of our own."

To his last comment, however, it took her a moment to react, but she did smile. She stopped mid-untying to take a firm grasp of Jinyu's kimono, pull him up and close almost aggressively, and claim a firm, impassioned kiss.

"How is it that I can hate it when other people talk like that, but love it when you do?" she chuckled, letting him go and finishing her untying work to pull off the sturdy haori and hakama that had seen the underside of her armor in the hot desert sun, and dirt and grime of their travels, setting them beside her armor and contemplating whether she should have a servant clean them while they were out to this dinner. In the meantime she retrieved her spare kimono and pulled it on.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:34 am
Returning the impromptu kiss, but ending it quickly (she did comment on his breath not long ago), he would give Aneksi a concerned look.

"When other people talk like that? Have the other Unicorn that arrived, been referring to themselves as your oat-eating husbands? That's kind of my shtick. Do I need to have words with them, show them what for? I'll show them what for, just watch me."

He makes as if to leave in a huff, waiting for his wife's reaction. This time, a sliver of a smirk could be seen upon his lips.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:21 pm
"Hahaha, oh you poor thing, you couldn't hurt a fly on Chishiyo's rump if her tail forced you right to it. Though I suppose you could give the other Utaku what-for. The look in his eyes was even softer than your's, despite his disrespectful tongue." she responded, wiping a small tear from her eye before going back to wrapping the obi to fasten her kimono into place. The look never suited her, but it was better than stinking up a fancy man's dinner table. Not to mention the... after dinner plans... she decided she wanted a few moments ago.

Upon completing her task, she gave another sigh and went to join him. "Right. Let's get this over with."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:29 pm
Moto Mune had no real objective, just wandering the town mainly to distract himself til the later meeting.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:36 pm
As various servants guide you all back to Ide James' manor and direct you to the dining hall, wonderous aromas reach back to you, filled with pungent spices and you can hear the sizzling of meat in the background. The weather is cooperating as well, resulting in a comfortable, starry evening with an occasional breeze helping to moderate the temperature. You will all be seated and cups of brandy placed before you. When you are seated, Ide James would rise with a glass of brandy in his hand and lift it high. "A toast! To Lady Otaku! May her descendants match her honor and valor in the face of dark forces!"

If you all match his toast, he would follow on. "I understand you all may have questions about the task that is requested of you. Please, speak freely."

OOC: quick note because of wonkiness in the L5R fiction and things. Otaku is the founder of the Utaku house and the wife of Ide, the founder of the Ide house.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:48 pm
"Only one from me. You were a bit on the vague side when it came to what, exactly, you wanted us to do. I mean, there was talk of bad stuff going on, but not exactly more than that. I thought we were here to scout some enemies out, then you say that and so..." He just shrugs. "What's the plan?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:40 pm
"All that is ultimately required from you is that you be able to give testimony, when the time comes.Despite her upbringing, the Empress has not had much influence in the way law is handled. Once you have seen what needs to be witnessed, send a message to your Daimyo. All you need to do is include the line, 'I have seen a foal born from a fine mare. Unfortunately, it was weak and died within the day.' You will then be reassigned back to this village. Are there any other questions?"  
Rain Yupa rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 7 Total: 22 (3-30)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:17 pm
Jinyu-Zhe would look to Aneksi beside him, before turning to James. "Well... yes, I suppose I have one. Like the honorable Mune-san states, we were on our way to Samsan's pass on our assorted lords' orders, to assist in potential reconnaissance for potential war efforts. For example, I present you: Four warriors. Warriors of war, even." He would gesture to each side, to Mune, to Asura, to Daisuke, and to Aneksi.

"I wasn't present for the introductions earlier so I might be missing some details, but why are a bunch of warriors being recruited by a magistrate to do magistrates' work? I think we deserve to know why, since, clout or no clout, we may be asked to perform the three cuts for violating our rather clear and specific orders."

Jinyu-Zhe would fold his hands before him. "Don't get me wrong, I was raised among the Ide, I appreciate a good harmony, and I'm all for doing what's necessary to benefit the Unicorn. This just seems... I don't know." He would look once more to Aneksi, and shrug, before looking back to James. "Like a gross misuse of our talents?"

Quote:
Spending my last void point for the day for +1k1 on an untrained courtier roll. The roll is to try and coax him to be more forthcoming with his reasons. Result = 22

No, I'm not bothering with any Etiquette. I don't care if his feelings are hurt. He's blackmailing us! I want to know why!

"And why would we want to be reassigned here if we assist you? Wasn't the proposition earlier that we'd only... remain here if we refused? Are you that bereft of guards, Ide-san?"

He would lean to his right and whisper lowly to Aneksi, "... sorry," cupping his hand over his mouth to hide his lips as he did so.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:47 am
"Your Daimyo recommended you to my service based on your talents. I believe you are underestimating yourselves." The emissary started as he steepled his fingers together and directed his attention at the priest."If you wish, I could furnish the letters recommending you to this mission. As for why a group of samurai and not magistrates? Utaku-dono knows most of the magistrates that can handle this task. The few she doesn't know are indisposed at this moment. Thus, I asked Moto-no-kimi to ask for individuals of ability from her daimyo. Such individuals were provided, If you feel you are incapable of attending to this assignment, you may remain here, in garrison, until your daimyo requests you. As for the final phase of this mission, all I can say is that after this investigation wraps up, what you do is between you and your daimyo's orders."  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff