Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Graveyard ]:
[10YR ANNI] The Bachelor [CONGRATS RAINBOWDASH & FLUTTERSHY] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:43 am
Kyrie leaned up when her wrestling partner started laughing. Um..that wasn't the reaction she'd been expecting? It was a little unnerving, to be honest. Mud castles? Kyrie's brow furrowed a little. That wasn't what they were supposed to be doing...

She was about to answer when someone backed into her unexpectedly, sending her face-first into the mud. Almost as a reflex, she popped back up and shoved the yellow intruder away...into someone else! A dark male with striking eyes, covered head-to-toe in mud. She winced a little; she hadn't meant for that to happen.

A shrill whistle pierced the air and everyone stopped. It looked like this part of the competition was over. Kyrie got to her hooves and helped others to theirs on her way out of the arena. It looked like Kyrie had gotten the least muddy and banged up out of all of them, and some of the girls especially looked positively unhappy.

The bathing fountains were a welcome sight! Not that Kyrie minded being so dirty, but the mud would dry in time and then it would chafe. Nobody needed that, especially when there was the heart of Chieftain Rais to win! She looked around at her competitors. A handful of women and one male, sticking out like a weed. Not that this particular male was in any way weedlike. Kyrie recognized a few of the others, especially now that they were getting cleaned off. Several of the Faunies appeared to be friends already, and was that the Pathfinder?

Before she found someone to talk to, though, it was her turn with the Mellon. She'd only gotten started on cleaning and now mud and water was dripping from her body. She listened attentively to the question, and though she thought there might be an answer the fairy was looking for, she couldn't help the answer that fell out of her mouth:

"That's what the community store is for, isn't it?" She bit her lip. "Er, I mean...I thought that the shared stock was for each Faun to take what they needed from, and that's it. It's sad that this Faun isn't giving back to the community, but a gift isn't really a gift if you expect something in return, right?" She caught a glimpse of Rais out of the corner of her eye and shifted her weight to one hip. Was that a good enough answer? "If it were me, as long as that Faun wasn't taking more than they needed from the community stores, and wasn't....outright selling the community goods? I don't see a problem with that." A small frown as she realized something, then she continued. "Actually what I'm more concerned about is why they aren't seen until the evening meal. What is keeping them from the community? No one should have to feel alone like that. I would try to sit with them at evening meals, and try to find out more about them. Be their friend. Offer to help them work their field. I think that helping them to feel more a part of the Faun community is more important than strawberries. And who knows? Maybe they'd start sharing their crop if they felt more included."

Kyrie smiled nervously. Had that answer been too long? She gave a small bow to the Mellon before going back to the fountains to finish cleaning up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:29 am
Her fingers were deep in the mud, preparing to throw more mud when Dash heard the whistle. She looked up, "Aw man, already?" She looked over at her "sparring partner" and shrugged. It felt like the fun in the mud had only just begun. Rainbow Dash stood up, hanging out in the mud for a few more moments to let some of the slop drip off of her.

Dash followed along to the bathing fountains carefully, not wanting to slip. "I wonder who's going to clean this all up..." she mused aloud as she turned to look at the trail of mud that their small army of females (and male) had created.

She bathed quickly, although she gave special attention to her wings, she wasn't going to have any mud slowing her down in the next challenge. Rainbow Dash was wide awake now and ready for some more action, but since they were all waiting around to be interviewed she kept busy with doing stretches. "You don't think he's really going to find his love this way, do ya?" she asked the group. As much as Rainbow Dash wanted to win this competition, for the sake of winning, it was different from any other competition she had ever participated in and couldn't really imagine this was the way to go about finding love.

When her turn came to be interviewed, she strutted towards the mellon. "'Sup" she addressed Rais with a head nod, followed by a small bow, because he was still a chief.

Rainbow Dash tilted her head as she weighed the question. "Well... taking without giving isn't cool." she started. It was a difficult question, it was hard to know what she would do without actually being in the moment. "I guess, I'd probably talk to them. See what's up. It's not cool that they're not sharing... but that doesn't mean its wrong." Rainbow Dash paused some more in thought, feeling stumped by the 'greyness' of the issue. "Who knows, maybe they plan on making up for what they've been taking with something else?" she said thoughtfully. Suddenly, she got real excited, continuing on that thought"Ooo! Maybe they're trading the strawberries for these really rad sunglasses, and they plan on sharing that with the tree!" Now that would be awesome, "But really, if you're not going to make a law saying they have to give back... not everyone lives by the same code of coolness." The fauny hoped what she said had made sense.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:37 pm
"I'm so so so so so sorry!" Fluttershy gasped as she tried to scoot her way over towards Mona and Applebloom, worried tears now dotting her cheeks. Oh she hadn't meant to throw any faunie! She wasn't even sure she had the strength to do that and yet it had happened! Worry and guilt filled her chest so much so it began to ache.... at least until she realized...

They were laughing?!

After standing still shocked a moment Fluttershy let out the breath she had been holding in and gave a soft smile. Silly Apple Bloom, she was always such a little tom filly. And at least Mona seamed to find the situation funny too. Neither were hurt either and that's all that mattered. "Few... so relieved." she said to herself softly, pressing her hands together and curling her fingers.

Sliding a few steps back in the mud the yellow pegasus suddenly felt another set of hands placed on her and they shoved her away rather roughly. Blinking and unsure what had happened she could only stand stone still as something firmly clasped around both rear end cheeks. Her face cheeks turned as bright pink as her hair as Fluttershy slowly began to realize what had happened.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Strawberry Stardust

Seruta

Doof

Glad to be out of the mud and able to have a moment to herself to bathe, Fluttershy hummed softly to herself as she ran her fingers through her mane like a comb. Boy was that first task something....and not necessarily a good something either. Just thinking about it made her tense up again and she couldn't help but shrug her shoulders in defeat and let out a heavy sigh. "Oh Celestia...what did I get myself into?" she whispered to herself, placing her hands softly over her heart.

Why her? Why had she been one summoned here with the rest?

She had no chance to linger on these thoughts when the mellon appeared to pull her aside, Rais accompanying her this time. A hypothetical situation was presented to her and Fluttershy blinked, eyes wide. "Oh goodness..." she said softly as she looked down at her hooves, tapping her fingers together softly. "I... I don't know if I'd do anything." she said shyly, wringing her hands together as she chanced to peek up at the mellon and the Cheiftan.

"I m-m-m-mean... well...." she paused again, taking a moment to catch her breath. Just having the Chief right there seemed to make her incredibly more nervous than before. Mostly because the question made her think about something in particular. Herself. What was she giving back? Loyalty to the tree? While a big deal it wasn't particularly helpful in certain situations.

"He may not even realize what he's doing is a bad thing..... I mean... well... its just...other's don't either." she paused again, seeming to get all bunched up, her hands twisting even tighter, her gaze shifting everywhere but at the Chief now. "I don't. Or I m-m-mean he doesn't... mmean too. Oh He's probably so soo grateful really, but I.... he... not very god with talking to others... he's probably super s-s-shy and m-m-m-maybe just... talk to him...and he'd realise andwouldsolovetohelpoutanywayhecanbutisjustsoscared Excuse me! I'm sorry!" she rambled. Her tone became progressively softer and softer until it was almost too soft to hear until the very last bit which she squeaked out unexpectedly and proceeded to excuse herself.

And apologize.

Repeatedly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:44 pm
Amity couldn't have exaggerated her eye-roll in response to Amadoraine's patronizing more if she'd intentionally tried to. No matter... that little irritation aside, she could finally get out and start having some fu--

Her ears folded down and her eyes turned to look up at the sound of the whistle.

Over already?

Leave it to that little miss higher-than-thou to have ruined a perfectly good opportunity for some fun. Pouting slightly, she steadied herself up again on her hooves and made it towards (more) solid ground. A nice washing would be good, maybe wash the haze from her eyes and the irritation from her mood. Yes, a restart to this event could be nice indeed.

As they walked towards and reached the fountains, her eyes looked at all the others about her - some familiar, many not. Scrubbing her arms clean, Amity looked back over at the light blue fauny talking to them. Now this was someone she could get along with! "Doubt it," she quipped in reply, dunking her head under the water and trying to scrub some of the dirt from her hair before shaking it and continuing. "Maybe for some entertainment, a date, or, at most, a night with him or something, but love? Nah. No way." Again she plunged her head underwater, but Rainbow Dash had gone elsewhere when Amity reemerged.

Then it was Amity's turn.

Brought to a (more-or-less) one-on-one with the mellon (and Rais), the fauness brushed a few strands of her still-dripping hair behind her ear as she gave them a courteous head bow. She hadn't had time for any further pleasantries before the mellon began to speak:

Krikit
"A hypothetical situation: You have casually observed a certain Faun, one who joins the community for the evening meal each day, taking their share of the community stores, what supplies they need from our shared stock. However, no one seems to know just what it is that this individual does each day. They are never seen until the evening meal. In time, you learn just what has been occupying their time. They have cultivated a private crop of delicious strawberries! However, they harvest the entire bounty solely for their own use, and yet continue taking from the community while giving nothing back in return. What do you do?"

Crossing her arms about midway through the scenario description, her eyes glanced upwards as she began to think. "I depends... How did I find out about their strawberries - did I see them, or was it by word of mouth?"

A pause.

"I'm just going to go with 'word of mouth,' given that strawberries in any substantial amount would need to be grown outside the tree, and smaller amounts might be able to grow just in their alcove and out of sight. You know how exaggerated gossiping can become in the tree. I don't like to jump to conclusions on something like that. Sure, I might bring it up if I happen to have another, unrelated conversation with them, but I'm not going to go out of my way to ask. If there's a rumor, more-or-less everyfaun and their mother's probably going to know about it. They're probably getting pestered already by others' opinions and demands for said strawberries to be shared without any consideration for whatever the situation may be."

"Why would one more faun's meddling improve the situation?"

"I don't think it would; it's an issue of two many cooks in the kitchen. For something like this, it wouldn't be my place as one of many average fauns to stick my nose where it doesn't belong. If there's actually a problem, someone of appropriate status will talk with the faun and fix it." She glanced at Rais "Probably not you personally, Cheiftain, but... someone with more authority than me."

Quieting, she waited a few moments to see if there would be anything else before excusing herself to return to the baths.

That had been a bit more intense than she was expecting.

Wolfs Heart

(I edited a few bits for consistency)  

Daisicle

Aged Genius

sailornorthstar

Generous Giver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:36 pm
Iris Topaz tried to block the mud that was being thrown her way with her hand but she was to slow and it hit her face. She could not help but to keep laughing this was the most fun she had in a while. As she got ready to throw some mud at Dash she heard a whistle and dropped the mud.

What the fun was over she sighed oh well maybe she and her sparring partner could play more another time. She got up and started wipe the mud off her body so that she would not be dripping mud on the way to the bathing fountains. Being careful not to slip she moved over to washing off the mud and redoing her hair and her tail. Once she was sure that she had gotten all the mud off she moved to talk to Dash some but before she could do that she pulled over by a mellon.

Iris Topaz was brought before Rais and her immediate reaction was her turning orange thanks to her yellow skin tone. “Hi.” She said shyly and looked down. She looked up when she heard the question she put her hand on her chin as she thought about it.

“That is a tricky question since I did not hear this from the Faun themselves so this is just might be someone who is jealous of the faun in question. But also the question is maybe they are on a special mission that might require them to not tell anyone what they are doing each day. For that reason no one would know what they do but they would have earned the food and supplies.” She stopped and thought about it some more.

“So what I would do is fallow the faun to find out what they are doing each day and if it is true it is a patch a strawberry’s I would have to wonder what the faun is doing with all the strawberries because you could not eat them all by them self and no one would notice. And if they are all by themselves I would confront them and ask them why and I would decide what to do next based on that. Thank you.” She said before walking off looking for Dash since she wanted to talk to her.
Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:03 pm
Ama froze when the sharp whistle cut through the air, signalling the end of the first trial. She immediately straightened up and turned to look at the Mellon, brushing muddied strands of hair from her face. She felt relieved when it was announced that there would be a chance to bathe before the next challenge. While she didn't mind the dirt and grime, this wasn't exactly something she wanted to be presented in.

She noticed that each of them were vanishing one at a time: first it was the black and yellow faunie with wings before she'd even made it to the fountains, then the speckled faun that reminded her a lot of Mo, and then a couple more.

She scrubbed herself clean, and then some, making sure that her fur was 100% mud free before she stepped back out of the fountain to start drying off a bit. She saw the next faunness come back, and then saw herself being summoned next. Making last minute fidgets to her fur and hair, Ama walked out to where the Mellon was waiting for her, and noticed Rais standing hearing distance away. She hesitated a moment, unsure of how she should react, then saluted to Rais. Her attention then turned back to the Mellon (Krikit, right?) as the little thing began to speak.

Krikit
"A hypothetical situation: You have casually observed a certain Faun, one who joins the community for the evening meal each day, taking their share of the community stores, what supplies they need from our shared stock. However, no one seems to know just what it is that this individual does each day. They are never seen until the evening meal. In time, you learn just what has been occupying their time. They have cultivated a private crop of delicious strawberries! However, they harvest the entire bounty solely for their own use, and yet continue taking from the community while giving nothing back in return. What do you do?"

Ama was silent for a bit as she considered the situation that was presented to her. "Well, I'd like to start off saying that, technically, he hasn't really broken a law, or at least a written law, to my knowledge. While many would consider it rude to take from the tree without giving anything back and his behavior may be frowned upon, technically he isn't breaking any laws.

"That being said, it still would be worth it to approach this individual about it, either at the meal time or a home visit. It sounds like this could be a standard ask and receive situation: ask for the Faun to contribute, even if it's just seeds or sprouts for the Tree to take in for others to grow. This also would give a chance to see if there's any help that this faun needs: perhaps he is unable to help at the tree because he has no free time from his home. If the faun refuses to share, either time or plants... well, that would be something to address at that time. I like to hope that he would not refuse."

Ama took in a deep breath, then slowly let it out as she waited to see if there was anything else to answer. After a few moments of silence, her eyes on Krikit, Ama tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear before excusing herself. She returned to the fountains with the rest of the chosen, and felt her muscles twitch a bit. This felt.... different from last time. She wasn't sure how. This only made her feel more anxious about what was happening.

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:55 pm
User Image

Applebloom accepted Mona's hand up out of the mud as a shrill whistle pierced the air. She glanced to the edge of the mud pit, a little impressed. It wasn't every pony who could whistle like that. "Sure! Let's see how Fluttershy's doing. She's not really the type to mud wrestle," she laughed a little and scowled at the guy who suddenly had his hands all over Fluttershy's rump! How dare he! She was just about to show him what for when Mona did the honors instead. Applebloom sent a glare in Kilot's direction before linking arms with Fluttershy and Mona to head toward the showers. Mud wrestling was fun, but she super needed a shower.
Fea Line
Seruta

When it was her turn for the 'interview,' Applebloom followed the little Mellon, still wringing her bow out. She listened as the question was posed, wondering why Rais didn't hold the interview himself. She supposed he didn't have to, since he was the Chieftain and all, but wasn't the point for them to win his heart? The mud wrestling made sense for that (sort of) but this question seemed more fit for a job interview. Then again, she could see how becoming the Chieftain's wife could be a kind of job interview.

So in a way, Chieftain Rais was interviewing for a wife. Kay, that just sounded weird. Whatever, she gave herself a little shake and gave her answer. "Easy as pickin' apples," she said with a wave of her hand. "It sure as zap apples ain't right for them to be hoardin' anything, especially if they're still takin' from the community stores. Still, maybe they have their own reasons for doin' it. But I would take it up with them first, see if they do have reasons, or a special surprise plan for it. If not, I'd suggest they share a little bit with the community. If that don't work, then I'd take it to someone in charge, ask them how I could handle it or let them handle it." She nodded, hands on her hips. Seemed simple enough to her.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:55 pm
There was wailing.

There was loud, high-pitched, adorable wailing, and it was adorable. It was enough to convince Kilot that perhaps this rather sheepish, shy pegasus was perhaps not the type to approach so directly. He (reluctantly) relented and let go of Fluttershy's soft, generous behind, shushing Mona as he did. "It's a completely legitimate wrestling move. I've practiced it many, many times. Want me to demonstrate?" Sadly before he could, the event was announced over and he trailed mud all the way to the tree.

Kilot had quite a bit more mud to wash off than the girls, and was very vigorously scrubbing and flinging water and mud everywhere in the process. The bathing fountains provided more than enough water for the task however, and before long Kilot was more or less clean. His wet fur clung to his burly body and his long hair flopped down over his goofy, smiling face.

It didn't take long before he got bored. Watching the girls take their turns, he spotted Mo's sister walking away to await the next challenge. It had been some time since he'd really talked to Mona, and filled time while he waited by trying to gross her out by relaying his thoughts about her brother's sordid encounters with the Fauny princess of the night. He was just about to discuss something he'd heard about a pole-dancing shenanigan when his turn came up. "Oh. Well damn, I suppose there could be a chance to talk about your brother's impressive skills another time." He flashed a toothy grin and went to take his turn answering the question.

The question. It certainly left a lot of details up to the imagination. No mention of the temperament of said individual, their actions, body language or speech mannerisms. No mention of how he might have come upon the information that this individual was harvesting strawberries, or how he would have learned that they shared none of their yield.

And yet, short of being ordered to do otherwise, the individual was violating nothing except the social norms and community spirit of the Faun.

Kilot supposed that answering the question with a question would be considered poor form. Despite the considerable shortage of pertinent information, the warrior's response was swift. "If we don't have a particular need of additional labour or armsmen, and we have an overabundance of supplies, then frankly I don't care." He folded his arms. "We have our share of recluses honing their own skills which may become useful someday. Unless we have a particular need of them at this moment- which we don't- let them practice. If we did need their help for the good of the Faun," Kilot glanced pointedly at Rais. "-We have the ability to give, and the obligation to follow orders. The most I would consider doing on my own is engaging them in conversation to try to understand the situation better."
At this, Kilot paused, thinking for a moment.
"Unless it turned out the strawberry thing was a front for something more sinister, like a sedition operation or if they were an infiltrator of some sort. In that case waterboarding might be appropriate." He flashed a smirk that suggested it was a joke. Maybe.

Once dismissed, the dark-furred faun nodded respectfully to the Chieftain as he walked away. Perhaps it wasn't enough deference, but he'd never been good at that part of service anyway.

Doof

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:58 pm
Thank the Great Tree! Rais' fairy friend instructed them to clean up before she got in involved any of the wrestling. Some of those faun looked strong and they were getting thrown around! Why is this even important? Kishi gripped at grass and roots pulling herself out of the pit and rushed to the fountains. Maybe in all the chaos she could slip away!

But Krikit stopped her. In front of Rais. Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh.

D8

What is the right answer? What do I say? What does Rais want to hear? Kishi was quiet and still for a moment while she considered what to say, and why this question meant anything. Did Rais have a situation he wanted resolved? But Krikit did say hypothetical. Well, maybe if she was honest in her methods of deduction and problem solving, as well as her storytelling skills, Rais would just tell her to go home, cuz the others were smarter.

"Well, first I'd get my sleuthing hat and pipe to solve the mystery. I'd interview my source, and maybe a few others just in case. I'd watch him closely at meals and follow him to where ever it is he goes. If he's got a secret stash, I imagine his nook is cramped." She stopped a moment and stroked her chin, getting a little lost in the fantasy of another mystery to solve. "I'd find a way to sneak into his nook because I'd need to see what he was doing with these berries. I'd discover that he's making jam! And secretly supplying Mojo with these berries because they're a special hybrid and it makes the strawberry ale so delicious. And the jam, that's the jam we eat on our toast! Everyone said they saw him taking supplies, but they didn't think to look during the night when he was sneaky in his deliveries. I mean, I think with as delicious as these berries are, I'd be sneaky too because I wouldn't want everyfaun knocking down my door to sate their addiction. And believe me, they're that delicious! He's got his secrets, but he's helping right under everyone's nose."

Kishi stopped. She was carried away with the story and blushed as she realized what she'd done. Whoops.

D8

Meekly, with her hands behind her back, her head held low and her hooves drawing circles in the dirt, she told Krikit the talk of delicious strawberries made her hungry and now she wanted toast with jam, and to peek in the kitchen.

The interview with Rais' mellon took so long she'd dried enough her fur frizzed. She'd not had time to groom and prevent it. She hated being one of the faun with frizzy fur. It was a secret only one or two faun actually knew, and now the whole tree would see!

Worst day ever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:57 pm
Day 3 Prompt

Rais listened calmly to each answer given to the question, never saying anything, but only returning any nods or gestures as the individuals in question came and went. So many answers...none of them necessarily 'right' or 'wrong'. It wasn't that simple. He was somewhat impressed by the variety of responses received and it was intriguing to see what details some focused on. It wasn't necessarily the answer itself, but the thought processes and how they arrived there that interested him.

He'd come to realize, he saw some of these faces nearly every day in the Tree...and yet he knew so little about the owners or how they thought. He'd been hearing it from all directions lately; perhaps they had a point. He needed to get out of his office and out among his people more often. So many knew him solely as the Chief...but few seemed to know much about Rais.

He shook his head with wry amusement at the burly hunter's response, then had to hide a chuckle from the embarrassed Kishi. She was already embarrassed and he didn't want her to think he was laughing at her, but...what an imagination! As the striped pink Faun slipped away, Rais turned his gaze on Krikit. "Well? I think that's all of them. Now what?"

Krikit finished whispering to a pair of other earth Mellons who fluttered off before moving back to address the now-clean gathered Fauns. She clapped her hands twice, adopting a wide smile and raising her voice. "Good show, everyone! Now, as we move on, we must discuss something very important to us all. For, you see, for all that we do in our lives, it is not enough to care simply for what we can do ourselves, but we must consider the wisdom and values that we pass on to the next generation."

The first sign of the approaching group was the short, piercing squeal of a toddler, one clearly not in a happy mood.

Krikit turned towards the nursery attendants heading their way, each carrying a small, fussy Faun tot or two in their arms. "Of course," she continued, "it can be some time before we really begin passing along that knowledge. In the meantime, those tiny little ones who will be our future? They need a lot of loving care."

"It seems the nursery staff have their hands full today. Some of these little ones are fussy...think you all could give them a hand for a bit?"

Combination dice roll/RP time! Roll 1-D10 die to determine your Faun's general success rating in tending to one of the fussing toddlers. Even the most skilled caretakers can have off days...and sometimes, even those who have no idea what they're doing can get lucky. Respond to this roll accordingly in your RP; you are free to control the Faun tot for your prompt as well as deciding just why your charge is so upset.  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Dragon Berri rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:03 am
User Image

Applebloom couldn't help the face she made when the babies were brought out. She enjoyed babysitting for her family, but still...kids weren't her favorite past time. She was still too much of a kid herself. Still, she was supposed to be 'competing' so she took the toddler that was handed to her and started to coo at it. "Aww, what's the matter, sugar cube?" she asked soothingly, lightly bouncing the little one in her arms.

Still the toddler wailed, her little fists waving in the air. "Sh, sh, sh," she soothed, holding onto the kid with one arm while she tossed her still damp bow over her other shoulder. It was close to lunchtime, she assumed, maybe they had just fed the kids and this one needed burped. Softly humming a lullaby Apple Jack used to use with her, she maneuvered the child onto her shoulder and started to pat her back. "It's alright, little one, Auntie Applebloom's here and she'll make everything aaaaalll better," she murmured. It took a couple minutes, but finally she heard the little girl burp, and her crying quieted. "There now, ain't that better, darlin'?" she said and smiled, cradling the tot in both arms. Once the tot started falling asleep, she looked around for Mona and Fluttershy to see how they were getting along.

Twitchapher the 3rd rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:12 am
After cleaning herself and retrieving her mask, Midnight returned to group to hear what they had to do night. She caught the first part of what the Mellon was saying, and they her attention was solely on the army of crying tots. She could already guess what they had to do, nobody liked screaming children after all. She hadn't even dried off fully yet seemed like her mask would have to wait. Maybe she should have left it at home this morning. Well there was no time to think in the past, the present was what mattered. The present was a bunch of screaming tots.

"Here, hold this." Midnight said as she exchanged her mask for a screaming child, and she was off. Really, she was off and away from the choir of screaming tots. She placed the child against her shoulder and patted the little one's back, shhing softly while rocking back and forth on her hooves. In her head she was mentally going over what made the twins cry. Food? Maybe. Lost toy? Also probably. Heck, just being in the same room with all those other crying children was enough to make a child cry. "What's upsetting you little one?" She spoke in a soft voice. It wasn't like the child could talk back to her after all.

She slowly paced as she thought. The child wasn't crying any louder at least. It was..A little quieter? "It's just too loud over there, isn't it? Yaaa all those other crying shhhhh. It's ok...Being with strangers probably doesn't help now does it?" Midnight cooed softly as she smiled softly. This day was probably as stressful to the child as it was for them. She started to hum softly, something the twins always seemed to like. It took a bit longer the twins but slowly and surely the child in her arms started to quiet, though still not happy. Midnight moved the child in her arms so she could see her unhappy face full of tears, quivering mouth and runny nose. "Hey, what's with that look?" She chuckled softly as she started to gently wipe the child's face. "I can't you back if you look like that now can I? What kind of mom would I be?" She finished cleaning her face before gently running her finger in circles on the child's belly. "Come on, just a little smile? I know I'm a stranger but just a little smile." She smiled brightly and began to tickle the child. The child kicked and fussed for a moment before a giggle escaped. "There we go!" Midnight lifted the child just above her head for a moment before cradling her in her arms once again to continue the tickle attack. The child squeed in laughter for a moment before Midnight stopped, which stopped the laughter. Midnight laughed softly as she handed the child back to the attendant, the child looked displeased at this action. "You be good now." Midnight had to stop herself from kissing the tot on the head as she took back her mask, thanking the nurse as she took back her mask. This contest was become more and more real by the moment.

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
Antidia rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 am
Head down in submission, Kishi shuffles off to have a sit and figure out what to do about her fur. She didn't stray far from the group, but high-tailing outside did cross her mind. Several times. When the parade of toddlers headed towards everyone, Kishi prayed so hard to the Earth that they were just passing through.

Dang it.

D8

Now, Kishi was fine with kids. As long as they didn't cry. But all of these were crying. What did they do to them for this challenge? Pull all of their tails before coming out of the nursery? When one of the cryballs was handed off to Kishi, she held it out and looked around as everyone else got their tiny bundle of anger. What do I do with this now? Hanging from a lace tied gently around the tot's neck is a binky. The plug!

After a minute or so of quiet at least from her test baby, she figures a walk would do them some good. Might be chance to meander a little too far, miss the next contest section, lose the game. Yes!

"C'mon lil' puppy, let's blow this strawberry stand." Kishi headed towards the kitchen with strawberries on the brain. Maybe the kid would like some toast and jam too. Kishi's tummy rumbled and her eyes darted towards the plug in the kid's mouth. Thankfully, it didn't phase him.

"So kid, what's it like being built so low to the ground? Yeah? You think so? I had fun when I was short, so maybe you just haven't found the right friend yet. Have you tried whistling at any rocks?" The pair arrived as the cooks were preparing for this days mid-afternoon meal. They were busy tending their own duties and didn't pay much mind to Kishi. Faun flitted in and out all day anyway because of their varied schedules.

She put the kid down on the floor before reaching for a jar of strawberry jam. She inspected it closely, trying to find any evidence that it might be made of delicious strawberries. She popped the top and dipped a finger tip in for a taste. "Hmm, it's good, but is it delicious?" Out of the corner of her eye, she caught site of a pale blue butt hobbling towards the fire pits. "Oh no!" She reached the wriggling little tot just in time to prevent injury, but because of the swift swoop away from the flashy colors and the sudden take off into the air, the plug came loose and the screaming commenced.

D8

Kishi wadded up some napkins to shove in her ears until she found the plug. With the kid on her hip, she looked around the floor and in the pots and on shelves. Even had to see if it might of landed in the soup that was simmering for supper. Mmmm soup -- She may have tasted a little bit of it.

The most wonderful invention known to faun-kind was found on the floor near the water cisterns. Luck! After rinsing it off and shoving it back into the cry-hole, it didn't work.

A flash of brilliance lit the lightbulb above her head. Kishi dipped the binky in the strawberry jam and tried again. Success! She also might have taken the jar with her. You know, for research reasons.

Done with this adventure and hoping against all hope this was not a 'surprise babies for you!' thing -- she'd heard of that happening -- she headed back to the group to unload this handful. She was completely unaware of what sugar did to small pae, so as soon as she put the boy down, he was off like a rocket!

Thankfully, the nursery carer caught him, so Kishi didn't bother chasing after him. Please let this round be over now.

Yeah no. There was no chance of escape with a toddler in tow.

Daisicle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:32 am
Having had time to finish drying off as the rest of the faun finished with their interviews, Amity was now officially awake and ready to continue with these shenanigans of sorts. Her eyes were fairly quick to divert and look to the mellon, an (almost) unusually high amount of enthusiasm flickering in her eyes at this incoming task.

Enthusiasm that quite quickly dissipated at the sound of incoming screeches.

Now... Did Amity have a particular dislike for children? No. Did that mean she particularly liked them? Well... also no. They could be fine once they were old enough to care for themselves, or when they were being nice and quiet and out of the way. Heck, they might even be a bit cute then. But when they cried...

Oh when they cried...

Amity just despised that crying.

Already all she wanted to do was just shut those things up. What good was crying anyways? What did it want: food? water? spirits forbid what was it that would make them stop with that incessant wailing?! Oh spirits, don't let them near her!

The spirits must be laughing today. As if on cue, irony would have it that a particularly loud little boy was more-or-less thrown at her. She could almost see the gratitude - or was that a sort of snickering? - as the caretaker relinquished him.

What the heck was she supposed to do with it...? Him...? The toddler?

Where was the fun in this anyways?

This was supposed to be fun dang'it!

"Uh..." crouching down, she awkwardly ruffled the little boy's hair. "There. There. It's... uh... okay...?" The discomfort was fairly obvious from her voice, and if that patting did any good, she couldn't notice a difference. "What's wrong...?" As if on cue, the kid, not quieting, reached his arms out to her, asking to be picked up.

Oh... She did not want to do that. Nope nope nope.

"How about we don't do --" she began to say, only to quiet as the screaming intensified.

Spirits help her; just make it stop.

"Fine, fine!" she huffed out as she caved to the toddler's demands, reaching her hands around his waste to pick him up and onto her hip. "There, now you've got what you wanted, how about we stop cryin and--" Okay... He seemed to be calm enough. Good. Hopefully this was good enough and she could get rid of it soo-- Yelping at the feeling of a sudden pain in her scalp, she pulled the kid away from her, wincing as decent chunk of hair went with him.

"No!" she said sternly. "No pulling hair!"

At that, the crying resumed, hands dropping their prize and his eyes fixated on the curly mount of hair about her head.

Oh spirits help her.

No way.

There was no way she was going to...

But that screaming...

Make it stop!

Not necessarily looking unhappy, but rather pained and defeated, she returned the child to her hip and dealt with the continuing pain of little fingers twisting around her hair and pulling. Again. And again. And again.

But at least the crying had stopped.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Seruta rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:53 am
Mona rolled her eyes at Kilot and chuckled internally. Truthfully, she was merely looking out for her new friends seeing as the noise she belted from her seemingly quiet vocal chords suggested that Kilot's attempts at 'wrestling' were not exactly expected... or welcomed...

Satisfied with her answer to Krikit and Rais and ducking out for the next person to answer before her face could get noticeably darker, she moved back tot he dais to await the next task.

There was a moment's hesitation as the next task was revealed. Taming children? Ugh... Mona rubbed her face into her palm a moment before moving up to a particularly quiet child. His lip quivered softly, clearly confused as to why they were all out here and not back in the nursery where all the toys were.

"Hey there, little guy." she started and his eyes turned to lock onto hers. "Why so glum, chum?" she asked, gently patting his arm.

"Toy!" he whimpered and sniffled.

"Toy?" she asked, then looked around. "Sorry, kiddo, but I don't see any to--"

She gasped audibly as the kid seemed to not quite like her answer. He began to cry. He started off quiet, but Mona could tell it was quickly progressing into loud wails. "Hey now!" she started, trying to remain calm. She scooped up the kid and tossed him up a bit before resting him on her hip. "Trust me, kid. If I was a mom and you were my kid, I'd have this handled. Just bare with me for a few minutes and I'm almost certain that these little guys will take you back to the toys, ok?"

The boy quieted down.... sorta... He still sniffled and seemed really unsure as to what the hell was going on.... Not to mention this lady didn't know how to bounce on the hip right. He wanted down. He wriggled and squirmed a bit, then made grabby hands for the floor. "Down!" he then demanded.

"Whoa!" She wrangled him well enough and she nodded. "Alright then! Down it is... Wait..... Where are you going?!"

After setting the young tot down, she was surprised to see the kid start to make a beeline for the nursery again. He was determined to get to those toys.

"Wait! Come back!"

D:  
:[ Graveyard ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas