Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Bridgepuddle (4e) complete Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:45 pm
Kowsauni
Sorry I missed your question earlier. I liked the idea of your dragonborn fighter. We could tie our two characters backstories together since Seraphina was turned into a half dragon and might be looking for some guidance in her new dragon-like form.

"So this is how you fight foes that challenge your superiority. WITH HONOR!!! scream "

"If they have a problem with your methods, inform them that the ends justify the means. WITH HONOR!!! scream "

"If you find yourself in a dark room, the pungent stench of mildew emanating from the wet dungeon walls, attack the darkness. WITH HONOR!!! scream "  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:16 am
Lets see if I can type this without falling asleep, this time.

Reasons, we are using pathfinder, as suppose to 4e/5e content.

Point wise, pathfinder and 4e are close(overall cost for a stat changes only after 15.) Also, pathfinder caps at 18 with its costs, a needed thing with 5e.

But, the 2 biggest reasons, my head doesn't like to swap gears when doing the different math styles. And, I didn't think it would be an issue, it was used in another game with no problems.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:17 am
Ryssa Blackblood
I'm really not clear on the pathfinder pointbuy and how it works...could someone give me a quick rundown?

Here is a link to how pathfinder point buy is done.

Point buy  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:24 pm
Kowsauni
Ryssa Blackblood
I'm really not clear on the pathfinder pointbuy and how it works...could someone give me a quick rundown?

Point buy

Okay, I see now, thanks...So before racial mods, I'd be at 10, 16, 10, 14, 18, 10  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:56 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis

So is it okay to use the Hamadryad race from Heroes of the Feywild?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:49 pm
Kowsauni

What character maker do you use? I really want to be in the 4e party too ... and eventually level up Kuori.

I want to either be a shard mind psion or a Warden.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:20 pm
PupSage
Kowsauni

What character maker do you use? I really want to be in the 4e party too ... and eventually level up Kuori.

I know it wasn't directed at me, but personally I use the old offline version that stopped with PH3, though even the online one, if I'm correct shows the source for any selections so you could just avoid ones you can't use.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:50 pm
Ryssa Blackblood
PupSage
Kowsauni

I know it wasn't directed at me, but personally I use the old offline version that stopped with PH3, though even the online one, if I'm correct shows the source for any selections so you could just avoid ones you can't use.

Do you have a link?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:09 pm
PupSage
Kowsauni

I use the 4ed Character Builder that comes with the dungeon and dragons insider subscription, though I also have the one Ryssa is talking about. However, I don't know where you would get that one as the DnD website took down the download link when they switched to their online character builder.

On a side note. Once the day reaches its end in my current campaign and everyone gets an extended rest, everyone will be able to level up to 5 before the beginning of the next arc, if they choose to continue playing.

I'm going to be doing an update post later this evening so I did not know if you wanted to get a post in for Kuori before then.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:34 pm
PupSage

So far, the only DEFINITE one is Kowsauni (I think) with a ranger/monk Striker.

It sounds like Ryssa might be leaning... I'm guessing 'smashy controller'? But I think is also good for whatever.

I, likewise, am up for whatever. Ideally, my choice will be dependent on what fills out the 4 roles best (and in a 4-man group, if two people double up on one role, I usually let Controller fall to the wayside).

So I think once you make a decision, that'll influence how Ryssa and I turn out.

Also, I might pick something else than what I listed on p1, if I feel we're lacking in either range or melee support as well.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:44 pm
Yeah, the offline builder doesn't sexist anymore unless you know someone who still has the installer and update files or can find them online.

And I'm leaning towards that smashy controller, yes, though I'm waiting for approval from Cross  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:39 pm
Well, I have ddi, but windows 10 doean't like it. I tried 3 different browsers and none work.

Which means that I am going pen and paper. I have what I should need for the Shardmind Psion build.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:02 pm
Ooooh Psions are interesting...We've got a definite controller then, a striker, a semi-tankish striker (me), and a leader then if Rain goes Bard  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:22 pm
Quote:

Point buy

I'll be going 12, 15, 14, 10, 11, 18 before racial modifiers.

EDIT: Here's Acorn, Longtooth Shifter Bard. All the nitty gritty parts are complete, but not description or background or anything. I'll fill those in when I actually have a better understanding what the PCs roles* are in this game 4laugh

*I mean, in terms of the story. Are we exploring? Defending? Negotiating? There's a general background, but nothing concerning "us" yet.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage rolled 20 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 1, 3, 5, 5, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 5, 3, 1, 5, 1 Total: 59 (20-120)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:41 am
5e

17, 11, 13, 13, 9, 9 (Point buy)
5, 5, 1, 3, =13
5, 5, 2, 3, =13
3, 2, 3, 2, =8