Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Art of the Sword ~ [[Open 2061-2062]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:11 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SECONDxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxxxxxxRESERVExBEATER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rey smiled as walked into the classroom they used for the Fencing Club. She'd enjoyed her time there much more than she'd expected to and she knew she'd sign up again as soon as the notice appeared on the bulletin board. "Hello!" she waved at Eira and Savannah, filling in her form and returning it. She dropped her things on the ground and leaned against the wall she waited for the rest of the members to enter; so far it was only Savannah and Eira.

Reyna Whyte
                                                      Reyna Whyte - Slytherin

Why are you interested in joining? I had fun last year and I'd like to learn more.

Do you have experience in fencing? Just last year.

Any other information you would like to add? No.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxFencing Clubxxxxxw i t hxxother club members
                                                          f e e l i n gxxrelaxedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxpractice clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:17 am
Raymond Ara Yuko
Fourth Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Chaser

User Image User Image

Like the previous years before him Raymond headed to the Fencing Club. Honestly he liked fencing. It was fun and different. It gave himself something to do and think about besides everyday life stuff. If he stuck to reading and Quidditch he swore boredom would set in. Seeing Eira, Savannah and Reyna there he smiled. "Hello everyone," He greeted before taking to filling out the forum. 'I wonder who will be taking over for Eira?' Raymond couldn't help but wonder. It was her last year, so she certainly wouldn't be around anymore to continue the club. He'd have to wait and see.

Raymond Yuko - Slytherin

Why are you interested in joining? Something to do and I like the club.
                                    Do you have experience in fencing? Two years in the club

With: Club members... Savannah & Eira

Wearing: Casual shirt and jeans

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                    Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                    I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                    Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:08 am
Human, behave yourself, you have burst at the seams-
Let it all fall out; open your mouth.
Often I lie wide awake, think of things I can make...
But I don't seem to have the parts to build them.
Human, I wonder why you're a better make,
Than I could ever build or create,
You know not love or hate!

User Image
𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

SECOND YEAR │ PUREBLOOD │ RAVENCLAW

Now that it was her second year it seemed like the time to join some clubs. And the only club Tiernan had any real interest in joining was Fencing, so down to the dungeons she went. Having never been as 'tomboyish' as Darian or even Rowan, she found herself quite at a loss as to what to wear, and ended up borrowing a pair of athletic shorts to wear under one of her skirts, as well as making sure the thigh highs she were wearing wouldn't tear easily. Her blouse was neatly tucked into her skirt, and these were a pair of her most comfortable flats to be moving around in. The only jewelry she wore were earrings, and she made sure they weren't dangling. All in all, the brunette felt about as prepared as she could be. She might have owled Ashley for some advice, but she was a bit wary of some extensive response that no matter how hard she tried to read it neutrally, would inevitably come off as condescending to her. It was a matter of pride. Upon entering the room she immediately spotted Reyna, and made her way over to the redhaired girl with a small smile. "I didn't know you had joined," she commented.

Tiernan Yaxley - Ravenclaw

Why are you interested in joining? I'm sorry, is this an interview? Your club only has six members, and a Yaxley started it. And here a Yaxley is again, joining it. Lucky you!

Do you have experience in fencing? Of course not; does anyone when they join this club? Be honest.

Any other information you would like to add? I do hope this isn't going to get too preachy; 'The Art of the Sword' is bad enough, frankly.

OOC:
oyehh

I am so scared of what will kill me in the end...
For I am not prepared, I hope I will get the chance-
To be someone, to be human, look what we've done-
Human, I'm trying to come clean, I will be a better me!
I will not drink until I'm dead, I'll make the most of it.
I don't know what it's like to be alive, to say goodbye...
To cry a thousand times because my ears won't listen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:39 pm
User Image__________________________________________

User Image User Image

'I'm not ready for this,' she chewed her nails and fought the nervous nausea building in the pit of her belly. She wasn't used to this feeling, whatever it was. Nonetheless, she blazed a trail pacing back and forth in the dungeon room. Suddenly, she missed Eirawen, and terribly so. Why did the blonde have to graduate? Oh well... It was nearly time for the members to arrive. She hoped they would. Then again, she hoped they didn't. Then she wouldn't have to worry about teaching. It shouldn't be too bad, so long as she doesn't start riddling nonsense again. But let's be honest here, that'd be best case scenario. Worst case? Somebody gets stabbed. (Probably by her.) Savannah fought the very thought away with a fierce shake of her head. No, she told herself. Just breathe. Just focus. That's all she had to do for now. The sign-in sheets were ready on an old, uneven desk with quill and ink provided. Practice foils were delicately laid out an old crumpled rug that she sneezed when unrolling, perhaps for the first time in months too.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
ATTIRE:: xxx 】 【STATS:: Sixteen, 5'6"

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[url=(Link to character profile)][color=red/goldenrod/blue/green][u]Character Name - House[/u][/color][/url]

[b]Why are you interested in joining?[/b]

[b]Do you have experience in fencing?[/b]

[b]Any other information you would like to add?[/b]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:26 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Fifth Year Slytherin Prefect
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond didn’t know why he was there. Fencing wasn’t that big of a deal and just like Quidditch he only joined to meet people. Though he supposed seeing Savannah was a highlight. Granted it wouldn’t surprise him if Rhys came which meant he easily became the third wheel. Course then there was Reyna, so it wasn’t as bad as he made it seem.

As he made his way over to join her, Raymond grabbed a sign-in sheet. “Hey Savannah,” He greeted her. Part of the fifth year wanted to ask her about her brother but he decided against it. It was better off that he didn’t know anything about Tristian’s issues. Whatever his problem was Raymond hoped it wouldn’t make Quidditch unbearable. Course there was no way to know that for sure until later on. Regardless he was there to have a fairly good time. “You’ll do fine you know.” He added suddenly. Raymond had a feeling she was a tad on the nervous side. The pacing when he arrived gave that much away. He had faith in the older Slytherin after all they were friends.

Raymond Yuko - Slytherin

Why are you interested in joining? Joined for the last two years.

Do you have experience in fencing? Two years in club.

Any other information you would like to add? No, that's everything.

With: Savannah

Wearing: Casual

Essy ze Ninja

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Essy ze Ninja

murruelecreuset

Put Name here

Put Name here

A bright mind and a brighter smile.
Better be...
Hufflepuff!

User Image
Thinking: Lets Try This/ Wearing: Touch of Retta/ With: New People

Lauretta heard about the fencing club and she was really interested in joining it as she knew Amelia was great at fencing as her sister took it when she was younger. Lauretta found the club and looked at the things that must of been the practise foils. Lauretta was a little bit shy and the older Slytherin's made her a bit scared. "Hi, I'm Lauretta, I would like to try out for fencing club please." She introduced herself and waited for the older girl to answer her.

Lauretta Reddington - Hufflepuff

Why are you interested in joining?
I have always had an interest in fencing since I saw my sister do it in her free time

Do you have experience in fencing?
Does watching count? If it doesn't then I have no experience

Any other information you would like to add?
I really want to learn to how to fence.  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:43 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

THIRDxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxxxxxxRESERVExBEATER

Rey smiled as she entered the room they were using for the fencing club. She honestly hadn't expected to like it as much as she did but practising was soothing and it greatly improved her focus, especially in Potions. She'd now graduated to knocking over potion ingredients occasionally rather than in each and every one. The serene atmosphere that permeated all of their sessions greatly helped calm her down and soothe her after last year's disaster as well. Rey saw that Savannah and Raymond had already arrived as well someone who looked to be a first year and approached them. "Hello," she greeted, as she joined them, "and congratulations Savannah!" She was a little sad that Eira had graduated, the older girl was a good and passionate instuctor but hopefully Savannah would do well. She didn't know the sixth well despite the fact that they were in Quidditch together and was only friends with Tiernan and Raymond in the club but all the club members were usually friendly with one another. She filled out one of the forms from the table at the side and handed it back.

Reyna Whyte
                                                      Reyna Whyte - Slytherin

Why are you interested in joining? I've been in the club for two years, I'd like to stay in it.

Do you have experience in fencing? A couple of years

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxthe Fencing clubxxxxxw i t hxxSavannah, Raymond and Lauretta
                                                          f e e l i n gxxrelaxedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxpractise clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

JasmineKiwiFire

murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:49 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Fourth Year Fourteen Years OldSingle

Fianna was in a good mood as she arrived for her Fencing Club's first meeting of the term. When Eira graduated last term, she was concerned the club wouldn't survive the transition, so she was glad to find out it would still be there. While she wasn't so keen on spell duels as her cousin was, she liked the athletic challenge the sword presented, and it was different from anything else her sister was doing.

Her parents had no clue she was doing this stuff, Linny had kept mum about it all, and even offered tacit aid, by helping her buy her own fencing doublet, mask and her own practice epee. It was their little secret, and something they did when the two of them took a trip to Dublin together over the summer. When she arrived for the club, she wore the crisp white doublet over jeans and a Tee-shirt, while her mask was in a sling bag, and her foil was in a case.

"Hi, Savannah," she said enthusiastically, as she arrived, and collected a form and a quill. "Congratulations on making Captain. I'm sure you'll be brilliant at it."

Fianna Grey - Gryffindor House

Why are you interested in joining? I've been here for the last two years, and it's been fun.

Do you have experience in fencing? Two years

Any other information you would like to add? Not really

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:27 pm
User Image______________

User Image

Even with a year of experience, Savannah didn't feel ready for this. And the rumbling pit in her belly wasn't from hunger, but anxiety. Her palms were sweaty while she gathered the practice foils and lined them up neatly on a quilt she had dragged up from the common room. The first few meetings would be entirely devoted to stances, just like in previous years. It gave everyone a chance to dust off the cobwebs and practice. Maybe in a few weeks time, they'd start dueling but for now... Savannah hummed thoughtfully as she reshuffled the sign-in sheets and straightened out the foils one last time.

[url=(Link to character profile)][color=red/goldenrod/blue/green][u]Character Name - House[/u][/color][/url]

[b]Why are you interested in joining?[/b]

[b]Do you have experience in fencing?[/b]

[b]Any other information you would like to add?[/b]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Thursday; First Meeting
WHERE:: Dungeon Chamber
WITH WHO:: Fencing Club

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:14 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Fifth Year Fifteen Years OldSingle

After taking History of Magic earlier in the day, and not having next class until midnight ('Why did Potions have to be so bleedin' late?' she lamented inwardly, and not for the first time), Fianna hoped to burn off a bit of excess energy before dinner, so she could get a nap in and maybe be functional for class. Already, Fianna was wearing her own doublet, over a pair of jeans and a white sweatshirt, while her mask was in a sling bag, and her foil safely ensconced in its case.

She found the club room upon venturing down into the dungeons, and saw Savannah getting things ready for the meeting. "Hi, Savannah," she said cheerfully. "Think we'll get many members this term?"

Fianna Grey - Gryffindor House

Why are you interested in joining? I've been here for the last three years, and it's been fun.

Do you have experience in fencing? Three years

Any other information you would like to add? Not really

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:52 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

FOURTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxxxxxxRESERVExBEATER

Just entering the classroom they used for fencing practise was enough to calm Rey's frazzled nerves. Other than Quidditch, fencing was her way to relax, even more than reading books now (especially after taking her electives).

She spotted Fianna and Savannah (who looked somewhat anxious) already there, standing next to the foils. Hello Savannah, Fianna, she greeted the two as she filled out her sheet.

Reyna Whyte - Slytherin

Why are you interested in joining? I've been a member for three years now, I don't want to quit

Do you have experience in fencing? Three years

Any other information you would like to add? No

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxthe Quidditch Pitchxxxxxw i t hxxother players
                                                          f e e l i n gxxenthusiasticxxxxxw e a r i n gxxpractise clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

username

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:52 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Sixth Year Slytherin Prefect
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond was running behind schedule. Not that he was late but he was definitely running later than normal. He’d been busy with other matters, matters involving his girlfriend. As he came down the hall to the place of meeting, he put his hands in his pockets. “Hey,” He greeted them as he walked over to them. Grabbing a form, Raymond filled it out and handed it in. The club never had a lot of members which was probably the only reason he stuck around. He’d tried to get Jasmine to come but she was doing a study session with some friends. Oh how he hoped none of those friends was Noah. Pushing his thoughts aside Raymond looked to the group. “How have you guys been?” He asked curiously. Anything to take his mind off the Ravenclaw associated with Jasmine.

Raymond Yuko - Slytherin

Why are you interested in joining? Joined for the last three years.

Do you have experience in fencing? Three years in club.

Any other information you would like to add? No, that's everything.

With: Club members...

Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:02 pm
It feels like I only go backwards, baby-
Every part of me says "go ahead".
I got my hopes up again, oh no, not again.
I know that you think, you sound,
Silly when you call my name...
But I hear it inside my head all day.
When I realize I'm just holding onto...
The hope that maybe your feelings don't show

User Image
𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

FOURTH YEAR │ PUREBLOOD │ RAVENCLAW

Tiernan groaned at the sight of the dreaded forms. Really, she'd been in the club for two years now, and it was hardly the most popular club to begin with. Did she really have to fill out the same bloody form every year? Still, fencing was important to her- she enjoyed the physicality of it, since she no longer did ballet- so she'd put up with it. Savannah looked as gloomy as ever, although that wasn't quite fair, since Tiernan wasn't always Miss Chipper herself, although she did believe in always being polite. Fianna, the redheaded Gryffindor, was as affable as always, and Reyna seemed a bit stressed, but no worse for the wear. Then there was Raymond, who'd always struck her as rather petulant, for a Slytherin.

Tiernan Yaxley - Ravenclaw

Why are you interested in joining? I'm already a member.

Do you have experience in fencing? Clearly, from this club. I'm also a Yaxley, so.

OOC:
Username

The seed of all this indecision isn't me, oh no,
'Cause I decided long ago.
But that's the way it seems to go when trying.
So hard to get to something real,
It feels like I only go backwards, darling,
Every part of me says "go ahead".
I got my hopes up again, oh no... not again.
Feels like we only go backwards, darlin'.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:42 am
User Image______________

User Image

Guess this is it, Savannah couldn't put off the start of the meeting any longer, not without coming up with some bollocky excuse, anyway. Wiping away the sweat from her hands she dropped down to pick up a foil and balanced the added weight to her right arm. ”Glad to have you all back, so let's... get to it, I guess.” Very confident, Savannah, so inspiring. Sighing, she motioned for the others to pick up their own foil and fall back into line. ”Give yourself plenty of room, I don't want anyone getting an eye poked out. Now... into your 'en garde' stance, if you don't remember what that is, copy me.

“Today, we'll be practicing footwork while keeping to this stance. When you advance, the front foot goes first. When you retreat, always start with your back foot. In that way, your balance won't be compromised and your opponent can't use it to their advantage. Remember to stay relaxed, keep your knees bent and your upper body loose. To lunge, thrust your hand straight out, jump forward with your front knee out and lock your back leg straight and your back hand should be dropped, then retreat back into an en garde stance before your opponent can strike you. It's tricky, because your foot wants to be the first thing to move but it's not, it starts with the arms and shifts into your feet. Like so,”
she took a few moments to demonstrate the proper stance and procedure, using slow but fluid motions so they could watch. ”I know most of you already have this memorized, but humor me here. Next meeting, we'll work on parrying, for now, let's just practice footwork. Fencing bouts take place on a strip or piste. Just like in dueling. The strip is one and a half to two meters wide and fourteen meters long. If one or both feet step off the strip, then your opponent gains a point. So, give it a go, practice moving up and down your imaginary strips and always remember to return to the en garde stance after lunging. If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to ask me or whoever's closest to you."

After that, she hung back and watched. Every once in a while she would make a motion for someone to raise their arm a little higher or straighten out a limb. Eventually though, she meandered to where Raymond was practicing and bounced back and forth from the ball of her heels to the tip of her toes. ”Sooooo. Ray..... I was wondering... Would you.. Maybe want to lead the club next year?” Besides herself, Ray and Fianna had been in the club since it began. And even though Fi would technically be a sixth year next year, Savannah couldn't stop seeing her as a plucky little girl. Ray, she figured, would be in his seventh year and have more of a say against the younger students. Even though, to be sure, Tiernan would make an excellent leader for the club, it just felt odd to ask something of someone she barely even knew.

[OOC: Images for en garde and lunge can be found here, sallelawrence.co.uk]

WHEN:: Thursday; First Meeting
WHERE:: Dungeon Chamber
WITH WHO:: Fencing Club

murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:40 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Sixth Year Slytherin Prefect
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond at the start of the club picked up a foil and waited for further instruction. He held it in his hand balancing the weight. It felt natural like apart of himself now since being a part of the club. In his mind he looked at it like his wand. An extension of himself rather than just something he was holding. Getting into his stance he began starting on his footwork. A little bit of warm up to him as he got used to moving that way along his imaginary stripe. Then Raymond got to work on his lunging motion. Going forward first with his arm before his feet and then going back into form again.

After a bit Raymond noticed Savannah heading over to him. He could only assume why, as he stopped what he was doing. As she asked him about taking over the club, he was honestly stunned. They were friends but he hardly thought he’d be the one she would consider. He wasn’t the biggest social person, definitely not a social success. Though, he supposed he possessed some leadership like qualities. “Would I like to lead the club?” He said almost making sure he heard her right. “I suppose I could take it on next year. I’ve been a part of the club long enough I’m sure I could handle it.” Raymond replied. “So, sure thing Savannah I’ll take over for you next year.” He added with a smile. Who he’d leave it to after his last year was up was beyond him but he had the current year till the end of next before he had to come to a decision on that one.

Status: Alright, Slightly Shocked & Willing
                                              With: Club members... Savannah

Essy ze Ninja

Slytherin!

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces