Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Charms II ~ *Lesson 1/5* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:04 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Faina liked her Charms class, and she made a point of paying close attention during the class, and working hard to make sure she got her lessons down pat. A pity they weren't allowed to practice over the summer, but she supposed it saved the Ministry the trouble of cleaning up accidents over the summer. She sat down next to her friend, Rhett, and had her materials out and ready when class began. After Rhett spoke, Faina took her turn. "Faina Patrovna-Harcroft, from Slytherin House," she said formally before adding, "I have to agree with Rhett, Reparo is most useful, however, a close second would have to be the Levitation Charm, even if one cannot use it for human flight, it is nice to be able to lift objects at a distance."

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:42 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
Hold me close enough to breathe me in...
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-
Of the night in which we lay beside.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

BLOOD TRAITORFORMER HUFFLEPUFFCHARMS PROFESSOR

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown, and looking to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

I held every inch of you...
I wrote every line for you...
I made time when time was all but gone.
You’re the love I’ve always known-
The night’s so dark and grey;
But you’ve helped me find my way.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:03 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the soccer ball before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:54 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie began the lesson as she passed out candles to the class. "Once you receive a candle, please light it," she instructed, figuring she didn't have to spell it out for them- they should all know incendio by now. "Today we'll be learning the flame-freezing charm, or flammus friggus. Simply put, the charm takes away the heat and burning powers from flames, making them feel more like a gentle tickle instead. Wendelin the Weird famously used this charm every time she was burned at the stake, as she actually enjoyed pretending to shriek in pain, fooling the muggle witch hunters." Elsie moved to the front of the room to demonstrate the wand movement. "The incantation is flam-MUS frig-GUS, and the light from the spell should be pure white. Simply wave your wand above your head like so." She clapped her hands together after demonstrating. "Now, please try this on your lit candles."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:40 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt. "Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore." The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "I'm Professor Shoichet. Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:06 pm
Rebecca Joanne Richardson
Slytherin Second Year
Half Blood Magic Enthusiast

Location : Charms Class - Monday @ 8:00am

Rebecca loved Charms, so it was no surprise that she was happy about it being the first class of the week. Taking a seat, she waited for class to start. Her stuff lay out on her desk as she stretched a little. Her attention turned to Professor Shoichet’s as she spoke. Wanting to take attendance and to know what charm they found most useful last year.

Rebecca could think of many. Some probably not so much useful as just plain fun. Either way she was more prepared when her time came around. “Rebecca Richardson, Slytherin.” She said before sharing. “I found the repair charm most useful, but my favourite was definitely the fire making charm.” What could she say she liked fire. Though probably not as much as she liked the idea of helping people with her magic.

Company : Class... Professor Shoichet

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

Ah, child, it isn't you who are lacking, I promise
                                                  Your worth isn't measured by your house
                                                  And it isn't for your mother's sake that I tell you
                                                  Your cunning and determination will serve you quite well in
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

true bboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:21 pm
Maximillian Leonis,Second year,Ravenclaw

Max walked into the class charms was easily his favorite class after flying the other classes were interesting but the charms that he had learned last year were able to make day to day life easier. Max was skimming through his textbook but closed it when the professor asked them to introduce themselves. Max smiled and nodded slightly when Rebecca added that Incendio was her favorite "Maximillian Leonis, Ravenclaw. I also think the repair charm is the spell I would use the most." Ideally, Max would use the softening charm to keep things from being broken, but he realized how difficult that would be in most situations.

OOC:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie couldn't stop chuckling to herself about her plans for the second years' very first real lesson of the year. When the students entered, she was arranging a tarp over something in the back of the room before she straightened, waved at them, and made her way to the front of the classroom. "Good morning everyone!" After a minute or so devoted to taking attendance, she was prowling before the class once more, obviously quite excited about something. Written in neat cursive on the board was Scourgify.

"Scourgify, or the scouring charm, is one of the most basic cleaning spells out there. Its purpose is almost as basic: to clean dirty objects. It's often confused with Tergeo, but while that spell can siphon away liquids and dirt, and even be used in the art of Healing, scourgify is intended solely for non-living things. It creates a stream of soap and bubbles, and as you can imagine, makes many household tasks much easier." The blonde doubted the students really cared much about 'household tasks', but they would eventually. It's rumored to have been created by a witch or wizard serving the Crown, and looking to make their duties less arduous. This may not seem like a very powerful or important charm, but it does require effort, like all magic, and should prove useful to you at some point or another in the future. Unless we do have royalty among us in the room, in which case, take this as a chance to see how the other half lives."

Cracking a teasing grin, she turned to draw the wand movements for the charm on the board.

User Image

"As you can see, very simple indeed. The pronunciation is as follows: SKUR-ji-fy. Now, for your practice of it...," Elsie strode down the aisle between desks to the very back of the classroom, and pulled aside the tarp. Several tubs of dirty dishes and kitchen items sat on the ground. "It took me a very long while to talk the house elves into letting me take some of these, so please don't waste my hard work."

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:50 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie had a special appreciation for the spell she'd be teaching today, as a former chaser and quidditch team captain. She sat at her desk taking attendance as the students entered, hoping they'd appreciate the practical part of this lesson after what she'd put them through last class. When most of the desks had bodies at them, she stood up, brushing off her jumper, and clapped her hands together to stifle any chatter. "Good morning everyone! Today we will be learning arresto momentum, or more literally, the slowing charm." As much was written out on the board in blue chalk.

"If any of you play Quidditch, in particular chaser, than you've already encountered this charm. It was invented by a witch named Daisy Pennifold, in order to slow the movement of quaffles during Quidditch games, so that they do not drop instantaneously towards the ground, and instead fall as if through water. This makes it far easier for chasers to catch them in the air. Arresto momentum slows or stops velocity- the speed something moves in a given direction. For example, if someone threw something at you, and you cast this spell, you would see whatever it was keep coming towards you, but slow down greatly. This charm is not really effective on animals; it freezes them in place for a few moments, rather than slowing them down. If you cast it on a bird, for example, the bird would stop flapping its wings and fall from the sky."

The blonde witch had retrieved a black and white football from behind her desk, and held it tucked under one arm now. She'd never played the muggle game until she was an adult, but Dave was exceedingly fond of it, having played as a child. "Lucky for all of you, all you have to do to cast this charm is wave your wand at whatever you want to slow down. The pronunciation is ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum, which quite literally means 'stop the momentum'. Now. I'm going to put a lot of trust in all of you. I want one person up here by the board to play mock goalie, and one person at the back of the class to kick this ball at them- NOT aiming for their head, understood? Help me move these desks aside please, and we'll get two alternating lines going, one to practice the charm, stopping the soccer ball before it hits the front wall, and one to test their kicking skills. Once you've kicked, switch to the other line, and so on."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:35 pm
Maximillian Leonis,Second year,Ravenclaw

Max sat and waited for the teacher to address the class. When the professor spoke, he looked at the board and copied the symbol for the wand movement into his notebook a simple s shape. Max got up and walked over to the dishes when it was his turn to try the spell. The boy traced an s in the air "Scougeify." he said as a decent stream of water shot out of his wand.Max would have to work on the pressure, but he figured it was good enough as he walked back to his seat.

OOC:

true bboy

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:37 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

Elsie began the lesson as she passed out candles to the class. "Once you receive a candle, please light it," she instructed, figuring she didn't have to spell it out for them- they should all know incendio by now. "Today we'll be learning the flame-freezing charm, or flammus friggus. Simply put, the charm takes away the heat and burning powers from flames, making them feel more like a gentle tickle instead. Wendelin the Weird famously used this charm every time she was burned at the stake, as she actually enjoyed pretending to shriek in pain, fooling the muggle witch hunters." Elsie moved to the front of the room to demonstrate the wand movement. "The incantation is flam-MUS frig-GUS, and the light from the spell should be pure white. Simply wave your wand above your head like so." She clapped her hands together after demonstrating. "Now, please try this on your lit candles."

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

This was Elsie's first official class of the year, and she kept reminding herself to breathe. She wasn't really panicking; rather she was overcome with a sort of giddy excitement that made sitting serenely behind her desk waiting for the students to come in impossible. She got up and checked what she'd written on the board instead. In one corner the class rules were neatly outlined; in another the homework assignment, in yet another the supply list, and in the final corner, a doodle that looked like it had been scrawled by a student and smudged over. As students began to come in and take their seats, she turned to face the class, smoothing the front of her long skirt. "Good morning everyone," she said, far more calmly than she felt. "Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts- I know you all must be relieved to not be the youngest in the school anymore." The blonde woman smiled, wryly. "I'm Professor Shoichet. Name and house please while I take attendance to make sure everyone is back with us after this summer, no need to stand up when you've just sat down, so long as I can hear you. While you're at it, tell me what you thought was the most useful charm you learned last year. If you didn't think any of them were useful, please abstain." Elsie leaned against the desk, going down the list with her wand, occasionally glancing up at the class of young faces.

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:22 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

User Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:13 am
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:18 pm
Build me up from bones;
Wrap me up in skin.
The moon’s a fingernail,
Scratching on the back-

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
S H O I C H E T

OOC:
Username

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff