Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Hogwarts Language Club ~ Open 20610-2062 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:40 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

second year || Gryffindor || pureblood
Drama club || Music club || Quidditch reserve + announcer
Herbology and Language Clubs (fall) || Cooking Club (spring)

Sparrow leaped over the desk she had been on to greet the older girl in….just English. She drew herself up to 4 feet and 7 inches and mimicked Margaux’s elegant demeanor. ”Miss Margaux Lévesque! A pleasure to meet you in person. I’m Sparrow Winchester the Second, of the Winchester Foundation,” Sparrow didn’t usually introduce herself that way, but it was fun to feel fancy sometimes! Sparrow’s family was well-known in the magical community for funding research and donating generously to research and quite regularly hosted gatherings at their estate.

”Are your earrings your own design? I adored the collection in rose gold a few years back.” Sparrow complimented, very much regretting not having an outfit appropriate to show off her favorite anklet. Oh if only she had thought to ask Tanzizi who else frequented the club!

setting Jeweler Language club || with Tanzizi and Tanzizi's friends.
appearance 4'7", 105 lbs || hair color HAIR || wearing black top with sheer sleeves + dark jeans
status A representative of the Lévesque Dynasty!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Baby, I'm sorry
I'm not exactly what you had in mind
But please don't leave
If you stay I promise I will change your mind
And is it too much to ask to just be wanted
To feel the love I feel for you return
♡♥
~"I'm not her" by Julia Brennan. Nightcore Cover.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:42 pm

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

first year || Gryffindor || halfblood
Cooking Club appreciator || Fite Club ensign || Language Club cadet || Music Club fleeting flautist || Quidditch reserve

Growing up on a ship where every dock was a different language or accent, Duanaire had picked up a few phrases in random languages along the way. She hated the one year her dad had put her in a Scots Gaelic intensive camp for an entire two weeks, but she also had to admit it was effective.Just about everyone in her family--not to mention the crew--spoke some other language. At 11, Aire could curse someone out in French, pronounce a handful of Arabic words, ask for more dumplings with her tofu like a native Korean speaker and….yeah, that was about it. Her accents weren’t terrible. She wasn’t sure what she expected from a school club, but language lessons sounded swell, and would no doubt be useful the next time they were on shore leave.

Duanaire Aindrias-Evera - Gryffindor (Aire is fine though)
Year: 1
What languages do you speak?: English, Some Irish Gaelic, some Scots Gaelic, Some French, some Arabic, Some Korean. Like two phrases in Afrikaans or Xhosa, dunno which it actually is.
What languages are you interested in learning?: Anything’s good o3ob
Would you be interested in helping teach the club?: sure? Dunno if I know anything well enough for that though.

”Sabah al-khayer, Aire. Sabah al-khairel marhaba pekem fe nadi legha. Asmi August Li.” the club captain greeted, only somewhat brokenly after a quick glance at her form. Aire blinked blankly at him and then with an embarrassed face. She understood “Good morning” from that? Was the last part a name? Maybe she should have written “barely anything” instead of “some”. Aire gave August(?) a thumbs up, and found an empty desk by an older girl who seemed to just be watching the conversation. She gave a little wave, but otherwise settled into watching as well. Something jarred her about the two other girls’ introductions -- Had she’d heard of the Lévesque Foundation or Winchester Dynasty before? Was that what they said? Oh well. We're not even speaking in other languages yet!

setting Language Club, September 2049 || with Older people
appearance 4'1", 70 lbs || wearing comfy white dress and boots
status Hopefully thumbs up made sense there

Not tagging, but she's taken up the seat next to Mallaidh.

”QUOTING”

Take a look around
And see the world we think we know
Then look closer
There's more to life than meets the eye
A beauty to behold
It's all much bigger than we know
It's only just beginning to unfold
So let it all unfold
☁✶
"Wonderful Life" from Smallfoot.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:45 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
seventh year || Slytherin Head Boy || muggleborn
Daily Dragon Editor-in-Chief || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

August had looked over at the door to greet Margaux, Mallaidh and then even a new face. ”Guten Morgen, Supravat, Zao an,” he greeted. He had meant to catch Margaux immediately, but Sparrow had darted to greet her and he was again reminded that Sparrow lived in a world where she knew many of wizarding society’s wealthy.

He returned Mallaidh’s small smile, knowing they’d have time to chat with and study outside of the club. August greeted the new student in Arabic, but she just gave him a thumbs up. leaving him wondering if he’d butchered his pronunciation or misused a word. Aire gravitated towards Mallaidh and August brushed his momentary worry aside. Mallaidh would be a good role model for the little firstie at least.

Meanwhile, he had a club to run, and before that, it’s legacy to ensure. “Sorry for interrupting, but if I could talk to Margaux for a moment?” he spoke up. Sparrow nodded with a cheerful ”We’ll talk later! I’m sure there’s some great partnership we can do! ”

”Thank you; Bonjour, Margaux. Pourrais-je avoir un moment de votre temps avant que nous commencions?”

Once he had pulled her aside for a moment, he continued in English, if only because he was less likely to mess up that way. ”Margaux, I was wondering if you’d like to run the Language Club next year? You’ve taught admirably before and I believe the leadership would benefit your ambitions as a future buisnesswoman.” Certainly August had a few reservations-- after six years of interacting with her, he thought Margaux had a tendency to come across as haughty and vain, but he also saw potential in her self-confidence. She certainly didn’t lack ambition, but he still wasn’t sure if she wouldn’t step on others to achieve it. August tried to be a professional mentor and positive influence, but he wondered if he hadn’t just exacerbated Margaux’s pride with his own rigidness. He still wasn’t convinced he didn’t aggravate his own girlfriend’s anxieties with his obsessive pressure over studying. But perhaps Language club, and letting Margaux come into her own as a leader next year would be useful to her growth. A year could change a lot. ”I hope you will also take this leadership opportunity to expand and further inform your opinion on people from different walks of life. As I’ve expressed, learning languages is as much about learning about cultures and people and I hope you would be willing to carry this concept forward. ”For the club and for yourself. He added in his head. But there would be more time and opportunity to express this in the year going forward.

setting First Language Club meeting, September 2049 || with Just Sparrow for now
appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing All black, more casual though
status Oh a new face! + Continuing Ariels' legacy.

French translation: Excuse me ladies. Good morning, Margaux. Could I have a moment of your time before we get started?

mc2

Are we dancing
are we really here
Is this feeling something real
or will it disappear
Are we dancing
does the music soar
Was this lovely song I hear
ever heard before

"Are We Dancing" from The Happiest Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:10 am
User Image
⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxx
Time: 2048-2049
Dress: In Pink Tweed
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Margaux smiled at Sparrow's manners and of course her surname. Perhaps, her family was more selfish (and practical) than the charitable Winchester family. Hence why one family considered themselves a Dynasty and the other a Foundation. "Of course it is my own work," Margaux replied, "There is only two designers who I find inspiring enough to complement me, my own and of course my fathers."

She would have continued to chattering on as she was pleasantly amused by the second year, when August caught their attention. Sparrow seemed to skip off calling a proposal to work together. "Feel free to owl or find me anytime." She turned her full attention to August and was a bit surprised he asked to speak with her before the official start of her club. She was being amicable and kind even, she doubted it had anything to do with her understanding and application of class systems (such as a few chats had been to her embarrassment). No one wanted a cute boy of any sort to show any criticism of them. Maybe he wanted someone to stand in as a tutor? Margaux was fluent in French and she had a knack for learning grammar of most languages.

"Oui, bien sûr. Bonjour comment puis-je vous aider?" She answered effortlessly in her first language. Much to her annoyance despite speaking English most of the year more often than the French she spoke at home, she switched far easier back to French than she thought was best. To be honest despite August's accent not one of a native speaker, she had answered in French without a second thought.

Following August and folding her hands in front of her, she listened as August switched to English. Her eyes widened as she listened to August's question, her cheeks slightly blushing under the make up she wore. She had most certainly not thought that was going to be the subject of their discussion. Taking a deep breath, she folded her hands behind her back and said, "I... I would love to lead this club. Like you said it would be beneficial to my resume..." She paused and considered his bit of warning as well and added with a sigh in regards to his concerns, "At this point I rarely am concerned with what cultures not to learn, scientia est potentia. However, like anyone I do have favorites..." She smiled and waving a hand she said, "No, I assure you, if they come willing to learn, teach, or both, I'd be happy to welcome them. It would be silly to be a part of such an organization and not think such." She didn't acknowledge that "silly" person was her at one time. She still was going to hex any prankster and just because she was nice to a lesser individual it didn't mean she had to invite them home for dinner.

User Image
                                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                    Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
                                                    Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
                                                    It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                    {OoC: French: Yes, of course. Good morning, how can I help you? // Latin: Knowledge is power}
                                                    addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:56 pm
User Image
                                              ╔═════════════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Fourteen Years Old - Fourth Year - Slytherin - Muggleborn - Namaste Club Leader
                                              ╚═════════════════════════════════╝

Hailey made her way to the Language Club. Although she originally joined the club last year because it looked good, she actually had a lot of fun with it even though she and Margaux butted heads every now and then. And, they studied Japanese last year, which was Hailey’s suggestion, so that was an added bonus. By the time she arrived, five other students were already in the room, three of which she recognized from being in Slytherin. August and Margaux seemed to be discussing something important in the corner, so she let them be as she strutted towards the stack of forms and began filling one out, but not before waving at Mallaidh. Hailey hadn’t any idea who the other two girls in the room were, but once she handed her form in, she sat down in the empty seat next to Mallaidh. “Looks like we’ve got a bigger turn out this year,” she commented.

Hailey Scheer - Slytherin
                                              Year: Fourth
                                              What languages do you speak?: English (fluent), Japanese (Basic)
                                              What languages are you interested in learning?: Italian
                                              Would you be interested in helping teach the club?: Not particularly

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Flexing like a yogi, drop it down with your hands up
                                              Do a handstand, bend it back, put your legs up

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:03 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
seventh year || Slytherin Head Boy || muggleborn
Daily Dragon Editor-in-Chief || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

August listened carefully as Margaux responded. He was glad she was willing to lead. She caught on easily enough to his concerns and replied with an ameliorating sigh and assurance that she would be open and welcoming.

Margaux said something in... latin?, that took him a moment to guess at. Luckily, her conversation with Sparrow--however brief, had reminded him of the Winchester’s family motto, pro scientia atque sapientia and he understood enough to know that Margaux meant there was power and strength in leveraging knowledge-- of cultures and languages as with anything. August preferred the Winchester’s mentality that knowledge and wisdom were ends in their own rights. But he had to begrudgingly admit there was practicality in Margaux’s aspiration of knowledge for the sake of power.

”Of course,” he replied with a nod and his usual polite smile in place. ”You will have your favorites and preferences-- as long as you keep an open and fair mind to the members of the club, you will be a good leader.”

As he nodded and rejoined the group, August offered her the stack of forms. There was Portuguese and Italian that were brought up as recommendations, but he loved the idea of a review that was brought up. He made a silent note to carefully watch Margaux’s development over the year. Her words did much to convince him, but he knew she was a charismatic sort and wanted to see what Margaux meant in action.

setting First Language Club meeting, September 2049 || with Just Sparrow for now
appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing All black, more casual though
status Oh a new face! + Continuing Ariels' legacy.

OOC: Latin = “For knowledge and wisdom” -- Mc Idk if it was intentional but I was super blown away when first reading your post because the “knowledge is power” vs “for knowledge and wisdom” where was just such a concise and beautiful contrast between Margaux and Sparrow/ August’s viewpoints. Half my delay for this post was trying to weave it in just as naturally and well XDXDXD I tried anyways, and hope it’s at least entertaining.

mc2

Are we dancing
are we really here
Is this feeling something real
or will it disappear
Are we dancing
does the music soar
Was this lovely song I hear
ever heard before

"Are We Dancing" from The Happiest Millionaire

addaellis

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:17 pm
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxx
Time: 2048-2049
Dress: In Pink Tweed

Margaux nodded as August acknowledged her mentality and agreement that tolerating respectful individuals (regardless of blood or family). She smiled as he cautioned her on keeping an open and fair mind. "No one likes an open bigot, Monsieur Li," Margaux replied with an innocent smile, "And, if no one likes you, you lose a great deal of advantage. I wish to pursue fashion and art, talent alone will never make you successful."

She tilted her head and added with a genuine smile, "And, to ease your fears, I assure you I dearly enjoy teaching and learning with others when it comes to language and culture. Surprising to me as well." She ended with a half joke.

Turning, when August moved to join and lead, she followed him interested what this year's language would be. Perhaps Portuguese or Italian? Then she heard of a rumor of a requested review. Oh that would be lovely too. She listened carefully and took notes in her head reminding herself that this group next year were hers to lead and despite her many faults and August's blood type, she respected him and wanted to do him proud.

User Image

It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                    {OoC: Not lame at all. Sorry for my delay. Any poorness of the posts I will blame on the fact I only have 9 fingers ready for typing. sweatdrop }
                                                    addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:51 am
School Year 2050 - 2051

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:13 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxx⁂ Slytherin Seventh Year ⁂ Pureblood Jewelry Empire Heiress ⁂ Designer and Artist of All that Glitters ⁂ Language Club Leader ⁂
Wearing: with a touch of diamonds

Under no uncertain tones, August had stressed that Margaux was to continue the welcoming nature of the Language club. Margaux intended to do so out of her respect for August, but more importantly she did believe that everyone had a right to further their knowledge if they so chose. That did include the muggleborns and those from poor or not reputable families. She supposed she had a little bit of Ravenclaw in her too. Well jolly good for the members, she supposed.

As she reviewed the prepared forms (which she may have paid a random second year to draft), she set them down ready for the entering members to fill out and vote on the language of the year. She was itching to practice Portuguese but doubted her preference on this would win. Regardless she would ensure the populace win on this. No use for a revolt on something so little.

Brushing her long brunette hair over her shoulder to show off her diamond earrings and diamond choker from her own collection. She hoped she would make an impressive sight with her polished attire and diamonds (which only peasants should declare are for special events only), perfected make up and pretty looks. She would be welcoming, but she wasn't going to attempt to look slovenly to make members feel welcome. Their insecurities were not her problem, she had decided long ago.

Taking a seat, crossing her legs and bouncing her left foot, she waited for the club members to enter the classroom and collect one of the reviewed forms to cast their votes:

[url=(Link to character profile)][color=firebrick/goldenrod/darkblue/darkgreen][b]Character Name[/b] - [i]House[/i][/color][/url]
                                                    [b]Year:[/b]
                                                    [b]What languages do you speak?:[/b]
                                                    [b]What languages are you interested in learning?:[/b]
                                                    [b]Would you be interested in helping teach the club?:[/b]

User Image

It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                    {OoC: }
                                                    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:32 pm

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

second year || Gryffindor || halfblood
Art Club sketcher || Cooking Club snacker || Language Club appreciator || Quidditch reserve
irregular attendee of any club events

Aire arrived at Language club in record time, pleased she had remembered the shortcut (that may have involved jumping down a flight of stairs). She glanced around the room before realizing--or remembering--that the older girl she had sat next to had graduated and was onto wilder things. Aire had spent her time in Language Club last year mostly just enjoying the languages spoken and the review sessions. She occasionally doodled a word or made up a poem around a phrase with a pretty sound. And sometimes she’d slip it to the seventh year, and if she was really lucky, she’d get a smile or even a weirdly formal note back.

”Hi,” she murmured to the new captain-- she was the former captain’s friend too, if Aire’s memory could be trusted.

Aire didn’t honestly know what she was doing here without Mallaidh-- that had been her name! But she was already here, so she filled out a form and took her regular spot in the back of the room anyways.

Duanaire Aindrias-Evera - Gryffindor
Year: 2
What languages do you speak?: English. Some Irish and Scots Gaelic. And some words and phrases French, Korean and Arabic. Some Italian. Please don’t quiz me.
What languages are you interested in learning?: Mermish? Sign language? Whatever is fine.
Would you be interested in helping teach the club?: Pls no I’m not good enough at anything to teach it.

setting Language Club, September 2050 || with Older student. And no graduated student.
appearance 4'4", 85 lbs || wearing shirt and shorts with warm cardigan
status Oh yeah, Mallaidh graduated.

Hope when you take that jump
You don't fear the fall
Hope when the water rises
You built a wall
Hope that you spend your days
But they all add up
And when that sun goes down
Hope you raise your cup
☁✶
~"I Lived" by One Republic

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:38 pm
User Image
Neil Marcas Kemp
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
Fourteen Year Old Pureblood

User Image
                                                  Location : Language Club - Unused Classroom 3rd Floor

Neil was trying to be more involved in school. The only way he could do that was to join a club. The only one that interested him was languages. At least he could learn something while having some semblance of a social life. He wasn’t exactly a linguist but at last it was something. He liked to learn new things any way, so it wasn’t a big stretch. Besides how much of it would actually stick.

Heading to the third floor, Neil wandered to the unused classroom that was used for the clubs meeting spot. It was early in the morning, just after breakfast. It was something to do on a Sunday. Walking into classroom, the Ravenclaw scanned the room seeing two girls currently present. “Hello, hope you don’t mind if I join.” He said wondering over and grabbing a form. Filling it out, he didn’t think it would be much help. He really didn’t care what language they decided on. Anything was better then nothing.

Neil Kemp - Ravenclaw
                                                  Year: Fourth Year
                                                  What languages do you speak?: English, French & Irish
                                                  What languages are you interested in learning?: Anything Really.
                                                  Would you be interested in helping teach the club?: Sure.

Company : Club members...

OOC : - - -

Well now, let's see then
                                                  Quite the mind you have there, my boy
                                                  You'll do your parents proud in
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:24 pm
User Image
                                              ╔═══════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Slytherin - Prefect - Muggleborn
                                              Namaste Club Leader - Member of the Language Club

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Hailey walked into the Language Club, fully aware that August had graduated last year and had named Margaux as the new club captain. Although Hailey wasn’t particularly fond of her older housemate, she did respect her. However, she also held Margaux to high standards for running the club. It would really be a shame if the Language Club had fallen apart due to the Frenchwoman not taking her responsibility as a leader seriously. The fifth year noticed Margaux’s flashy jewelry, but didn’t comment on it. If the two girls had anything in common, it would be their fashion sense. The main difference with their styles, however, was that Margaux’s made it clear she had money. Unfortunately, Hailey wasn’t brought up in some sort of dynasty.

“Good morning,” Hailey greeted as she took a form and filled it out. Honestly, she didn’t really care which language they learned this year since her request for learning Italian was fulfilled the previous year. However, she did know that if she didn’t have input, they could get stuck learning a language that didn’t particularly interest her. Based on previous years, she knew Margaux wanted to learn Portuguese. Besides, it wouldn’t hurt to start the year off in agreement with the club captain. After handing the form in, Hailey took a seat in the front row like the keener she was.

Hailey Scheer - Slytherin
                                              Year: 5th
                                              What languages do you speak?: English (fluent), Japanese (basic), Italian (basic)
                                              What languages are you interested in learning?: Portuguese
                                              Would you be interested in helping teach the club?: Not particularly as I’m more interested in learning

mc2

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:07 am
xxx⁂ Slytherin Seventh Year ⁂ Pureblood Jewelry Empire Heiress ⁂ Designer and Artist of All that Glitters ⁂ Language Club Leader ⁂

The club seemed almost quiet especially without the draw of the ever-so handsome August. Margaux supposed that she would have to keep an eye out for another pretty face and hopefully one that was intelligent and could hold a conversation. Alas! The petty woes of her life. Brushing her long brown hair off her shoulder she took the lead and collected the forms from Aire (vote for mermish or sign language - besides sign language to cater to a disabled portion of humanity she had no clue where to find someone who spoke mermish, hard pass on the first option), Neil (vote for anything really), and finally Hailey (vote for... Portuguese!).

Margaux had already made her decision regarding a certain decision on future leadership before seeing the vote from the fellow Slytherin, but Margaux also doubted Hailey's ability on the pure possibility of kissing up. It was no secret Margaux fancied to focus on Portuguese. Marguax let out a sigh and accessed the younger girl, pretty in a simple way and ambitious but also another club leader too. Tapping the parchment Margaux asked her, "Are you trying to win my good graces? Groveling is unfashionable," Margaux said, "You are lucky I previously made my decision on this. As you know this is my last year at Hogwarts and thus next year will need a new leader. Are you up to and able to handle such a position for the Language Club? I will have you know that I have no intention to have you ruin my reputation with others gossiping about a poor choice I made."

She paused waiting for Hailey's response before musing aloud, "You have a very common face... easy to trust. Kind of funny, I was looking to make a line with more affordable materials, something for the more common sort and easy to access, you're type of ordinary prettiness would work quite nice in marketing."

Smiling she raised a brow, "So? The issue on hand, can you handle to lead starting next year?"

User Image

It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                    {OoC: being deaf or using sign language is not a disability, Margaux is ignorant}
                                                    kiska166

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:08 pm
User Image
                                              ╔═══════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Slytherin - Prefect - Muggleborn
                                              Namaste Club Leader - Member of the Language Club

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Hailey watched as Margaux read over the forms and could have sworn she saw the older girl light up in some sort of joy when she got to Hailey’s form. It looked like they might be learning Portuguese after all. Not a moment had gone by before Margaux asked if she was trying to win her over. Hailey couldn’t help but roll her eyes in response. “If you must know, I think learning Portuguese is a great idea, and it might be better than what anyone else may have suggested. I don’t want to get stuck learning something that really won’t be all that useful in the end.” Although Hailey tried not to yell this point out, she really didn’t care if the other students were offended. If they didn’t make any stupid suggestions, they wouldn’t have a reason to be offended.

What came next surprised Hailey. Margaux had offered her the opportunity to become the Club Captain next year. Her request had instantaneously put the fifth year in a better mood. “Yes, I am willing and able to take over next year,” she responded eagerly. And of course she wouldn’t let anyone down, least of all Margaux. This was going to be another opportunity for Hailey to show her Head of House that she was responsible and could take on the role of the Head Girl in two years. Margaux’s next trail of thought, however, confused Hailey. Uhh... thank you?” Was this the seventh year’s way of complimenting her or insulting her? She couldn’t decide, and not only that, but she didn’t quite understand why Margaux had even brought this up. “Are you, like, asking for me to work with you in your fashion line?” she asked, still unsure if that was the case.

mc2

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:12 pm

"Oh, it was more useful than some of the ideas that were given," Margaux answered with a smile, "I wonder if the anonymity is a blessing in that they don't have to announce to all certain ideas or a curse as individuals are more likely to suggest the less realistic without consequence. Alas, each idea must be considered none the less."

She waited as Hailey processed the offer of the Club after Margaux graduated. Margaux expected Hailey to leap for the opportunity to build on her already quite lengthy resume; however, she wanted to make sure the younger blonde girl was quite clear that Margaux respected the girl's ambition so long as it did not negatively effect Margaux's good name and what she cared about. And honestly she did care quite a bit for the club. It was a home to her and where she found her first crush and ability to respect that blood was not always thicker than water. Here, Margaux Héloïse Lévesque, the potential heiress of the Lévesque Jewelry Empire, with perhaps some of the purist documented blood in the school, recognizing the ability and talent of a muggleborn. Growth, she supposed.

Hailey answered in affirmative for the club to which she said without translating to English, "C'est merveilleux!" And, Hailey went on to answer her musing. First a very confused thanks and then a question. Margaux chuckled waving her hand, "Work with me? No. My advertising team. I was only pondering if you would be interested in being the face or a face of a line I have been inspired to work on. Think less diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds, and more opals, amber, gemstones. A less tacky option for a commoner's budget. Regardless, don't feel particularly pressured."

Smiling, Margaux walked away from Hailey with clicks of her heels and she said, "Hello, everyone! I wanted to thank you for joining us. This year, I'm happy to say that we will be studying Portuguese and it should also be noted based on experience and passion for this club Hailey Scheer will be taking over for me. I hope you honor and respect the decisions of all which has included the votes of all."

"I plan to send out for necessary materials this week. In the meantime any goals this year that you wish to discuss please do so."

User Image

It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                    {OoC: being deaf or using sign language is not a disability, Margaux is ignorant}
                                                    kiska166

murruelecreuset

addaellis

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out