Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] It's Always Tea Time: Tea Clutch Feast [Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:43 am
With a playful bow despite the clingy blue and gold dress that she was wearing, Pavari grinned and winked a bright green eye at Ezyzu playfully. "You don't have to thank us for bringing the two of you here, it was our honor." She stated warmly and the trill from her golden dragon with her deep purple eyes backed up the words wholeheartedly. For precious cargo was just that, extremely precious to them and there wasn't even a need for them to give thanks or be so gentle, even if they enjoyed it. Susurinth could feel how slow and gentle her daughter was being as she climbed off and over towards her father, her eyes lighting up brightly in the process as she took that moment to selfishly indulge herself with her bronze gentleman. It hadn't been so very long, yet it seemed an eternity since she had seen him all the same and any touch felt important.

There was far too much happening though, a great too many things were happening around her with her children and though she sent a deep wave of love to Cordrath she turned to give her focus to the children that were running around her. Baihath was one of the first to approach her in such a flurry of wiggling claws and small white body that it had Susurinth laughing deeply as she tried to brush her nose along his back and she sent a twisting psychic carress down his back as he darted off to play. Her rider laughed aloud once more when she watched the little white and his hyper actions, it reminded her that she wanted to go out and dance and go over and eat and possibly do both at the same time if she could! With a twist of her own she twirled out across the open area where others were dancing and headed towards the tables that she could see heavily laden.

Glowing eyes turned easily over towards one of her beautiful blue sons next and Susurinth inclined her head to Harneth's chosen. Dear child, you've chosen a wonderful bonded. You two will do very well together I'm certain. her words were for both of them intentionally, for she wanted the surgeon to know that she was not just expecting great things from her own son, but from him as well. Healers of all kinds were needed on Pern, she had seen things first hand while traveling for nearly five turns and to the small gold her son had chosen impeccably. Not that he could have done any differently.

Turning her attention to her beautiful green daughter, the one that she had waited patiently for so long and had come out just perfectly. Hello my beautiful Saith, anything you wish to know of Western I will gladly share but I'd rather hear of your own time up here dear. Slowly she leaned down and nuzzled both Saith and Harneth affectionatly, clearly thrilled to see them even as she kept an eye out to watch the interactions the rest of her children were having with one another. It was wonderful to have them all together once more!

----------------------------------------

Unable to remember a time when he'd last come up to High Reaches, Yudueth tilted his wings carefully and looked with yellow eyes for a place to land comfortably that wasn't completely filled with dragons or humans that were dancing and having a good time. It was much more chill up here in the mountains to be sure, but that only meant that he would enjoy returning to Western all the more for the sands that he could stretch out on the next day in comfort. Tonight was not about himself or about his rider, rather it was for the small cargo that sat before his rider, strapped in as tightly as he was himself so that she didn't shift. Soui, as far as he could remember, hadn't been to a feast ever and Yudueth was bound and determined for his twin to have an absolutely wonderful time running around with the weyrlings that she knew and making new friends of candidates and dragons.

The thoughts were in both his and his rider's minds as they settled in for a landing that was smooth enough to bring no shame to their wingsecond status at least. Carefully the small bronze leaned down so that the two could dismount, Tsuyat already releasing the straps that held Soui in as he laughed and cast glances out across the crowd.

"Don't you go getting all worry-warty about things Yudueth, it'll be just fine tonight. Quite a few people and dragons from western are here outside of the weyrlings, so this should be quite the mixer!" Tsuyat offered, releasing his own straps and sliding off the bronze relaxedly.

I only worry for the crowds, but it will be wonderful all the same. the bronze responded tartly as he shifted to lay down over near the edge in the shadows, eyes ever watchful.

demon_pachabel

Prism Shine

Tsunake
HI BABY BYE BABY

BastetAmun
Dear Harneth and Dr'cul

medigel
Sweet Saith

houllow
Soui has arrived. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:08 pm
Ielin, High Reaches Candidate

It was.. only one party. Ielin had been so very tempted to just.. not go. It was a hatching feast, something that he wasn't entirely privy to. He had been at the hatching, had not been chosen, had been knocked around a bit. What was the harm in staying on his cot and working on his newest project and enjoying a free evening? But he’d been heavily pressured to go, and it near made him feel guilty for not going at this rate. It wasn't like he was meant to meet anyone. He was just.. rather content being an island for the evening, even if he was wanted to change that. Dressed in his gather best that the Weyr had provided for him, he had skirted into the lower cavern with everyone else. His scruff of blonde and brown hair is still a rather wild mess, his grown beard still fluffy and out of sorts. Almost like someone tried to put a suit on a wher.

It was.. impressive. It never failed to make his eyes widen, the lengths of the parties that had happened. Yet he shuffles to the side, taking the sight in. Riders and nonriders, the rise of a vaguely familiar baby dragon’s head that wandered with their rider while they were still small enough to fit in the lower caverns. He shuffles awkwardly, fidgeting. Make an appearance, check. His fingers scruff over a carving in his pocket, smooth from his fidgety fingers fussing with it. He could get a plate of food easy enough. The temptation to load food on and eat until he was stuffed was so tempting, but eyes for more “normal” portions that he sees other people taking. Okay, check. Ielin shuffles more towards the back, finding an empty table that he sits at by himself. All he had to do was make appearances, eat food. Look social. He could do that. Check, check, and check.

.___.-----.___.-----.___.-----.___.-----.___.

Ezyzu of Gold Khamaith, Western Weyrling

Her cheeks warmed, and the bright smile lit up Ezyzu’s face. “Still!” She laughed, Khamaith’s internal excitement starting to bubble over. She swept into a bow, her purple and gold dress swirling around her knees. She was enjoying the immense happiness of getting to know her dragon’s mother and her rider, and the weyrling turned to bow to both Susurinth and Cordrath. The pure happiness at having not only all her siblings but also her parents in one place had Khamaith practically atwitter, and Ezyzu was enjoying the unbridled excitement that was washing through their bond.

But a wave catches her attention, and the girl nearly bounces on her toes at the sight of her friend. Weyrlinghood had left her so busy that she hadn’t seen Dhawsn since before the hatching! But before she can make her way over, there’s a familiar warmth against her legs that makes her giggle, reaching down to stroke Baihath’s side as he pressed against her legs and flitted off. She makes a point to turn where he had come from, waving down Alya with the promise to track the girl down later as she turned to see the little white bound away from her friend. Her turn! With long strides from her long legs, she crosses the distance gleefully to throw her arms around Dhawsn’s neck, hugging him tight with a laugh. “Dhawsn! I’ve missed you!”

---

A deep, contented rumble near vibrated from Khamaith, pressing more fully into her brozen papa. She nuzzled against Cordrath’s cheek, near peeping. I am very well. I’m so excited so see everyone today. Yet she cant help the yawn that squeaks out of her as she’s tucked closer into Cordrath’s wings. She buried her nose against her little sister’s neck, crooning sweetly to Saith. Western is so lovely. There is a beach not far. It reminds me so much of you all here. How is High Reaches? She watched Harneth’s presentation, giving a warble of encouragement. It is so very good to see you, brother. You picked so well, I like him. Khamaith’s eyes cast around, spying Aspalath and Sahrawith and crooning for her siblings to come join them. As she felt the waves of love and affection from Baihath, she sends her own his way with her own twisting playfulness she had picked up from her lovely little brother.

She positively glowed, however, hearing such lovely words back from her friend back home. Khamaith was quite happy she had gotten such warmth in return, and only made her resolve to keep a gentle reminder to send warm thoughts his way. Barring that, most definitely to seek the blue out once they arrived home to tell him all about the party. If there was another, hopefully Strigonth would be able to come with her and Baihath.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

BastetAmun

medigel

ShinosBee
<3

Sinders Path

Hattaki

.___.-----.___.-----.___.-----.___.-----.___.

Sam’kel of Blue Kinitarth, High Reaches Wingrider

Sam’kel and I are in much better shape, thank you for asking. He slowly stands on his ledge, moving to curl back around and lay in a more comfortable position. I am lightened to hear you are improving. Rest well. His own head lays back down, now able to peer over the side of his ledge to keep watching more pour in and the antics of the weyrlings.

The man straightens a bit under Z’tir’s eye, nodding in affirmation. The only thing that lingered was a cough at this point. “Not yet, sir. I hope to meet some tonight.” He smiles and nods in amicable greeting to Dr’stan. Yet anything he might have thought to say to his Wingsecond was interrupted by the small white dragonet working his way through like greased lightning. There was the briefest sense of amusement and appreciation, for as big as the little baby was, he hadn’t felt even the slightest of brush against his legs.

The amusement that was cut short as Z’tir toppled over. His eyes flit to Dr’stan, nodding-- “Yes, of course,” But the words aren't even fully out of his mouth before he’s half flitted away to fetch a chair and place it in waiting, worry etched on his face.

BastetAmun

Mx Cherie

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:24 pm
User Image

He snapped his fingers. "That's right!!" His cheeks were a light shade of pink now for forgetting in the first place. He took C'ryn's hand and shook it. "Um, I-I'm Orri, son of Herg'r! If you know him, I mean. He's a bronze rider too. I only got here about a month ago, so that's okay."

Both might explain why he was happy to sidle up to a bronze rider of all people.

"I'm not bothering you, am I?" he asked, suddenly a little anxious. "I-I just really wanted a chance to meet some of the upcoming riders, and I know you guys have been flying around, and I bet bronze riders get like a ton've work..."

xBastetAmun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

L’iand and Aryath were lounging at one of the tables. L’iand had a tea cup in his hand and was eyeing it thoughtfully and distrustfully. Tea made the water taste weird. Was this even safe? Don’t drink it then. That isn’t why were are here.

“We are here,” he said out loud, “because we aren’t allowed to not be.” Not very loudly though.

We are here to be admired. L’iand gave the dragon an exasperated and fond look. That was a given.

For now the pair was content to watch and wait for the perfect moment engage.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:26 am
Ashlyn had her faithful blue land near where the feast was taking place, knowing she was needed to keep an eye on their junior Weyrlings. The feast had been a little delayed, but it was going to be nice to see the whole clutch together again after two months. Once Gyafrith had touched down, he lowered himself enough for his rider to slide off gently. She was wearing a lovely blue and pink dress, her chestnut hair loose for the night.

"How do I look?"she asked, looking to her blue. Gyafrith gave her an affectionate nuzzle, his eyes a gentle lavender as he did so.

Mine, you really should know how I feel. You shine like the star you are. We are one, you knew the answer before you asked,the blue reminded with all the love he could muster going through their bond.

"Alright, you got me there. I wonder if T'ye will come tonight, so we can have a night to ourselves. I mean, yes, I know I have a job to do, but..."she began.

It doesn't mean you can't have some fun yourself tonight, AshlynMine. You can do both,he assured. He got to his feet, before bending his head down to nudge his rider in the direction of the feast. She laughed as she headed inside, sensing as he went to find a place near the other adult dragons.

Just a few moments after her sister headed in, Demanthra and her bright green came descending from the sky. Monath landed with such grace, allowing her rider to climb down. The young woman was wearing a lovely light green dress, that matched the glow of her dragon perfectly. It probably helped that said dragon had helped her pick it out, saying she deserved to shine just as much.

You are going to have to show me everything, Mine, what all of them look like. We couldn't go when they hatched and Gyafrith could only tell us so much. Through your eyes, I will be able to get a much better picture. And if a certain guy decides to show up, I will be sure to swat him in your direction. After all, it is only fair, since I have been holding my flight up for him,the green huffed, though her rider would notice the amusement in her voice.

"I will make sure you get all the images I can possibly get you, my Moon. You just enjoy yourself with your siblings and other adult dragons. Who knows, maybe your favorite sister will be here too,"she smiled, kissing her dragon's snout when she bent down her head. Monath nuzzled her gently, before the young woman headed into the feast.

((Any of the four are open for interactions))  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:05 am
Valineaux's mind was awhirl with a mess of new changes. She'd heard plenty of stories about impressing a dragon — anyone had — but she often figured the tales about the life restructure as exaggerated. Sure, they were cute and smart and powerful, but really, their entire lives weren't flipped around more than if they'd had a child.

But as she stared unseeingly at the feast itself, simply feeling and thinking, she realized the unmitigated depth of underestimation. First she thought she had gotten a stubborn high out of bonding with a dragon, and that Zhuchath was speaking with telepathy and that was that. But the first moment she felt a surge of annoyance right as her dragonet's eyes shifted color, and as she dreamed bizarre fantasies she never had before, and as she starved far more than usual for her, she slowly accepted that the dragon became a part of her. No one heard her dragon but her and Zhuchath held interest in no one but her. And for how they never parted in the days after Impressing, they were effectively the same person.

And now they were granted their feast. She could still pick out her own feelings on the matter — excitement, interpersonally interested, ready to barge in on someone's meal and get to know them whether they wanted to talk or not. But more dominant were her dragonet's feelings — hunger enough to eat her weight in food, curiosity, explosive excitement. And while Valineaux was exhausted from spending basically no damn time sleeping, Zhuchath was constantly wired. So while dark circles carved into the new rider's face indelibly, she was constantly wired and jittery with a need to move and explore and see and do and say.

Fnally we get to eat! The green stretched her wings and shook herself out with a grunt. Feels like it's been a million turns since I tasted wherry! Get me some, will you?

Vali rolled her eyes, her brows climbing up to her hairline. "Seriously? You're a living trash heap, Dragon. Grinning, she eyed her new dragon and felt the now-familiar rise of pride. A hand found her hip as she gave a nod. "Sure, I'll grab some.

"Hey!" She shouted for the nearest attendant, her body language as loud as her voice. "Need some wherry over here!" Once she got Zhuchath's bottomless hole stuffed, then Vali could meet some of her clutchmates.

Quote:
omg this hit 3 pages o_o i don't want to intrude but she's open for interaction!

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 am
User ImageUser Image

Harneth seemed to beam with pride after his introduction of his bonded. Dr'cul, for his part, didn't really know what to do when you were introduced to the family of your dragon. He felt that the way Harneth and his siblings acted was quite different from others out there, but he found it enduring to say the least. Even if Harneth could be a bit exasperating with how he worked to force him to be polite and sociable to others. That was not really his forte...

It is wonderful, is it not Saith? He had not greeted his green sister like his mother, father or golden sister simply because he saw her during lessons already. How are you and yours doing Saith? If the two of you need any help, please do not hesitate to come to me or mine. Dr'cul would be happy to help. Please do not just...volunteer me for things... Then to Saith he replied. Hello Saith Harneth did not respond to this because his attention had gone back to his beautiful golden mother.

He preened under her words and attention. Of course Mother. We shall be heroes and gentlemen of Pern. Khaimaith's words just helped the blue feel even prouder. Everyone liked his Dr'cul. Though of course he knew that was bound to happen. Although his Dr'cul did not care for socializing with anyone much, he was a very smart man, very practical and resourceful. Thank you Khaimaith. How are things over at Western? He wanted to ask her if she had seen Moseleth, but he decided to hold off on that instead.

Since Harneth's presentation was over and done with, Dr'cul moved back from the little group, not too far from them but well enough to give the family some space.

The white flurry of hide caught Harneth's attention as Baihath went tearing around the room. Harneth watched this, slightly amused and shaking his head some. He was glad his white brother was happy and excited but, well, that was not the way for one of Cordrath's bearing to behave themselves. He shook his head some, reaching out to the white with a soft, but loving, reproach. Baihath, I am so very glad to see you brother, though please keep in mind that your speed and size could cause someone, or yourself, to get hurt if you continue to tear around here in those speeds.

Prism Shine

medigel

Hattaki

Tsunake

Quote:
Dr'cul is open to being poked and prodded. >>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:32 am
User Image

"I haven't met your father yet Orri, though I may have seen him around." He smiled at the boy before him. "It's nice to meet you. Are you settling in alright?" He couldn't help but wonder if the rumors of what Gr'del had done in the last candidate lesson was true, but he didn't know if it would be polite to ask such a thing. He did try and see if he could see the boys knots, without looking like he was actively looking for them.

Orri's question had C'ryn shaking his head. "Not at all." The young man leaned a bit closer to him to whisper. "In all honesty, if I'm talking to you it means I don't have to worry about getting anxious myself about having a conversation with Zheria." C'ryn liked the weyrwoman and admired her strength, but he still couldn't help but feel a bit anxious when he thought about trying to talk to her.

The smile stayed on his face, though it lost some of its luster some, as when Orri brought up flying around, C'ryn couldn't help but think of their blooding. Their very first Threadfall, they had lost one of their siblings, while that had been better then what could have happen...it still wasn't ideal. "I don't really know about the ton of work, though I'll be finding out soon. I doubt normal rank and file bronze riders get as much as the Wingleaders and Wingseconds."

As the conversation paused for a moment, C'ryn had his eyes moving over the dinning hall again. He caught sight of L'iand and then turned his attention back to Orri. "How would you like to meet one of the newest Weyrlings?" He didn't really wait for a response, figuring the boy would follow, especially to meet a baby dragonet.

"L'iand, Aryath." C'ryn called out the the pair as he came near to them, smiling at them. "Enjoying your party?"

------

Listening to the conversation C'ryn was having, Aresoth couldn't help but begin to feel restless. While he would have enjoyed laying out by the lake on any normal occasion, the bronze did want to try and get a better look at the newest weyrlings. To see who would help raise High Reaches to even bigger heights.

Taking wing, it wasn't that long of a flight for him to land near the dinning hall, his eyes moving around to see if any of the hatchlings had wandered outside. He did not see any, but did catch sight of Cynosuth, as radiant as ever, and Aurinkoth beside her.

Aresoth began to move towards them, but paused before he was too close. Wrestling with his own thoughts, his own feelings, he wondered if he should go and join them. He did not want to intrude if she and Aurinkoth were having a private moment together, even if he truly wanted to be so close to her. He would not pull color and ever dare to push Aurinkoth out of the way, not his sweet and loving blue brother. Instead, he opted for something else.

Cynosuth, Aurinkoth. He greeted them as he closed the distance some, though he did not get too close. He sent them feelings of warmth. I do not wish to intrude, but would it be alright if I sat with you to watch and greet the new hatchlings?

medigel

faesinger

Mx Cherie

demon_pachabel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:00 am
User Image

Sadly it seemed as though her conversation with her brother was going nowhere, but that was hardly a surprise. The poor blue had quite a case of fright if anything else, and the fact that Sahrawith was not even letting him have a chance to calm down wasn't doing him any favors. The added thoughts and well wishes from the rest of the family only piled on to his stress, and for a moment or two the little green thought about giving him a soft nuzzle before shoving off into parts unknown (the food table). (She wanted the food table. R'osemine, feed meet her at the food table).

Moving through the gathering crowds like a lithe tunnelsnake, minus the whole grossness of being an actual tunnelsnake, Sahrawith was about to reach her intended destination when a voice called into her mind and tugged at one of her hearts. She knew that voice, she loved that voice, and the blue in her eyes swirled to a loving purple as she turned to try and pinpoint the source. Cynosuth! I'm coming now, wait for me! The green all but did a complete 180 and a sharp turn as she headed towards where she felt the green was, though she took the time to send R'ose a mental note of where she was going. Her rider seemed to trust her quite a bit, even more when she mentioned who was going to see, and that made her swell up with even more love and pride.

Finally reaching the area where the larger dragons had gathered, Sahrawith attempted to skid to a stop when her destination came into view. Cynosuth!! I'm here, and I see you too Arun- She wanted to properly greet the duo before her (and the bronze on the fringes, it seemed) but her body worked against her and prevented such a feat. Instead of gracefully approaching, her legs were too awkward from growth and her wings a bit too gangling, and she toppled tail over head into the ground with an unceremonious thud.

From where he stood eating a finger sandwich, R'ose sighed at the sudden embarrassment that flooded their connection. She was fine, he was eating.

Mx Cherie
here she comes!!!

demon_pachabel
sawi likes you too!

BastetAmun
EEEH you get a free pass, she's in a good mood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:26 am
User Image

Soui had never been to High Reaches before and so she'd jumped at the chance to attend the so called 'Tea Party' that was meant to replace the traditional hatching feast. She'd never attending a hatching feast either, or a proper tea party, and so all the experiences were going to happen all at once. It was downright thrilling, and it took no small measure of strength for her to remain calm as she flew to the Weyr on the back of Yudueth. Being able to travel with her cousin and her twin was just as exciting as what was to come; she hadn't been able to see either of them much due to becoming a proper candidate.

As Yudueth landed she made sure to give her twin a parting kiss, promising to see him again as soon as everything was over. Or even sooner if she found everything to be a bit too overwhelming. Soui had heard stories about High Reaches that left her somewhat nervous, and she thought about reaching for Tsuyat's hand in order to stay with him. She ultimately decided against it, however, as she was a candidate now and needed to be more independent and less needy of her family. "Tsuyat, Yudu - I'm going on in ahead. I'll meet you both later?"

Slowly, and wearing clothing she wasn't used to moving in, Soui started in to the hall where the party was being held. She was doing okay so far, but a few awkward steps found her leaning against a wall in an effort to not trip over clothing she assumed she'd need to return eventually.

Hattaki
soui just wants to hold tsuyat's hand, she's so nervous lol

Quote:
Soui is free to interact with!

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

R'nar could practically feel the excitement in the air as he and big bronze Aveth reached the Dining Hall entrance, the location of the Feast. A new clutch was always welcome, even moreso in these trying times! And this was one of the more unique clutches he'd ever known. It would be interesting indeed to see how these dragonets and their chosen riders grew, especially the ones who had ended up at Western.

They will grow up just fine, commented Aveth with a whuffling snort, reading his rider's thoughts as always. I doubt the Western ethos will ruin them. They will be influenced, I'm sure, by their clutchmates here at High Reaches, and the correct way of doing things will have an effect on them even at Western Weyr. There was a hint of pride bordering on smugness in the dragon's thoughts.

"Right you are, beloved," R'nar chuckled as he slid off the back of the bronze and leapt to the ground. "They can't help but learn the High Reaches way!" He smoothed his tunic and adjusted the vest he wore over it. Zheria had requested everyone wear their Gather best; who was he to deny his Weyrwoman? He'd even trimmed his beard and retied his braids for this, and Aveth's rich warm bronze hide was oiled and buffed to gleaming. They would represent their Weyr well in front of the Westerners!

The big man strode into the Dining Hall, a happy grin on his face. This was what life at High Reaches Weyr was like! Waylaying a server, he clapped the poor soul on the back so hard he nearly knocked them off their feet. "Ale, and only the best!" he bellowed merrily. Then he looked around the room, surveying the scene as if the party could get started now that he was there. He had his eyes open, however, for Zheria; not to pester her, just to keep a protective eye on her. Not immediately spotting her, R'nar proceeded to where the food was laid out -- a magnificent spread indeed! What would you like, my love? he asked silently.

Aveth made a deep rumbling noise, audible in the exterior section of the Dining Hall. Herdbeast. I'm hungry for herdbeast!

R'nar nodded and grabbed another server. "I want you to fetch the biggest hunk of herdbeast you can and take it outside to Aveth! And don't worry, he won't eat you!" He laughed uproariously, watching the server scurry off. The first server brought him a mug of ale, and he downed half of it in one draught. This was going to be a grand party!

Quote:
R'nar and Aveth are here and willing to party with anyone! XD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:30 pm
User Image
Eveleth had settled herself on her weyrledge, watching the coming and goings of the weyrfolk and dragons prepare themselves for the party. The queen had absolutely no concerns about Western Weyr visiting her home, or the little dragons who had not Impressed to their Candidates. As far as the senior queen felt, why shouldn't Western come and see one of the oldest Weyrs on Pern? Though not the oldest -- Fort held that honor -- they were well established, and a very proud Weyr at that.

The queen practically glowed from her ledge, having been thoroughly scrubbed and oiled by her rider early that morning. Her usual entourage settled here and there around her, but Thistreth was not by her side this day. No, the bronze was higher up in the heights, likely with Worenth -- not that she minded. The Feast would allow her a day to indulge in the company of others, and to keep watch over her people. As far as she was concerned, though the newest weyrlings were not of her lineage, they were still babies of her Weyr.

That meant they were to be protected by all High Reaches. Just because their golden mother had been allowed to come and see them did not change the fact that Eveleth concerned the clutch their. Cordrath was now a High Reaches bronze -- clever of him to follow his children -- and yet she wondered about his loyalty. What would happen when his clutch grew? What would happen when Susurinth glowed over at Western? Would Cordrath leave them to fill up numbers at Western? Ha. Well. That was drama for another day.

When Susurinth did arrive, the senior queen felt the others greeting. Eveleth sent back a greeting to the other, though it wasn't nearly as effusive or warm -- the slightest of nods to the young, foreign gold, and a touch of welcome. She was utterly confident in her Weyr, but he did not always trust those who grew up outside of the Weyr. She had no need to worry about the thoughts or care of others -- she took care of her own, and that was all that was needed. Welcome to High Reaches, Susurinth. I trust you'll enjoy your visit.

Still, Eveleth would watch, and ensure the little ones were not distressed by their clutchsib or mother's parting.

Fianth, who was perched on her ledge, offered the queen her own gentle greeting. Unlike her mother, Fianth's was far more warm and generous. Though she watched the babies -- perhaps with a touch of envy -- she would not encroach on the other queen's space. Cordrath and Susurinth seemed to have things settled -- she would stay back and watch.

Your little ones have been nothing but a joy. It is good to see them all reunite. If you need anything, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Eveleth gave a snort, but Fianth ignored her mother, and instead sent her a gentle wave of fondness. Her mother was not always the warmest of golds -- but she was every ounce a Queen. Where Eveleth might rule, it was Fianth's duty to keep everyone happy.

- - -

Olliah had no choice but to attend the party. While Zheria was certain to be there -- it had been her idea after all -- the Weyrwoman Second had no choice but to attend. Fianth was healing up from her wounds nicely, and though the healers insisted Olliah was following suit, she wasn't so sure. Her arm, neck, chest, side, and back were now sporting new, ugly scars; she was down an entire set of riding gear, and her natural movements often stretched or ripped open the wounds.

Where some women were wearing dresses, Olliah had to find something that wasn't as form-fitting; something loose and airy, so the cloth wouldn't irritate her bandages or put pressure on tender wounds. There was little hiding the injuries -- her right arm and hand was wrapped up, peeking out from under the sleeves of her outfit -- and her stiff movements kept her slower than usual.

She wore her hair down this day; she hoped it might hide any ugly scoring on her neck, but her limited arm motions meant it was all but impossible to fix her hair up. Though she was not feeling great, she wasn't going to let down her Weyr by staying holed up. She'd spent too much time in her weyr with the flu as it was -- Threadscore wasn't going to keep her there longer.

Don't push yourself, Mine. Fianth warned, worriedly.

The woman sent a tender touch back. All is well, love. We can't disappoint our treasured guests. It was a party, and appearances had to be kept. Besides which, the woman did want to socialize. Rune and Rhys might be out and about; and she did want to ensure their Western guests were in good spirits. She might not be the prettiest dressed woman, but she doubted anyone would notice, or even really care.

- - -

Zheria, of course, was not here to miss such a grand gathering. The party had been set up at her request and insistence. Some might think it was simply a reason for her to show off High Reaches, while others simply thought her fulfilling a celebration to honor their newest (if unplanned) clutch! No matter the real reason behind the setup, the woman spared no expense.

This day, the woman chose to wear gold and green. She kept her hair up, with an ostentatious hat upon her head, and opulence dripping from her every finger. She had once been a Courtesan of Nabol -- she had learned how to work a room, and such a skill was useful. This was her Weyr, her territory, her people -- let them see her, and let it be known that they, too, were being watched.

Every one of them.

Stepping out from her weyr, the woman traced her fingers down Eveleth's side, before stepping down the ledge and into the Bowl. It was, after all, a grand day for a party.

[Eveleth & Fianth are both open to derg or rider attention. < < As are their riders. ]

Hattaki
So Susurinth doesn't think she was spurned. xD

- - -
User Image
Liat hadn't been sure about this get together. Taking baby dragons Between sounded like an awful high risk to her, but she had ensured the entire fair was handled smoothly. Though she didn't like bringing the babies in from Western, she could not deny that they were older, their bonds stronger, and that getting at least one opportunity to truly enjoy a day with their clutchsiblings was appropriate. Still, the woman intended to watch the weyrlings like a hawk -- High Reaches was very different than Western -- and she didn't want any trouble.

Not, of course, from her lot -- but from High Reaches. Weyrlingmaster V'mel ran a tight ship, but Liat didn't trust some offhand remark might not upset or distress one of theirs. Where others were dressed in their Gather Best, Liat took a more practical approach -- she wore a black vest, a dark blue tunic that matched Orioth's base color, some leather gloves, khaki pants, and black knee-high boots. She had some silver accessories -- also to match her beloved blue and his paler markings -- but for the most part she was here on business.

This wasn't a social visit for the woman. She knew few from High Reaches, and instead, played the helicopter parent. Where Orioth remained outside to watch over any babies running around the Weyrbowl, she headed into the Hall, to keep an eye on anyone there. Back and forth she would go, circling less like a guest, and more like a wherry waiting to swoop in on prey.

It is a party, mine. Eat. Relax. The young ones are quite all right now that they are settled. Orioth encouraged His, hoping the woman might heed his advice.

Not today. As soon as I take my eyes off them, that's when something is liable to go wrong. She knew her weyrlings well, and though they would know to keep theirs on their best behavior -- but that didn't mean things wouldn't get out of hand. Baihath was always a handful, and Lishanth known to be quite opinionated. Though the two Weyrs got along fairly well, she knew that High Reaches would be judging them, and expecting problems to arise.

Orioth did not think that it would be as bad as all that... but he would not argue or push. Instead, sending out gentle waves of encouragement and fondness to all the Western Weyrlings, he did seek one out in particular. Gently, tenderly, the blue dragon sent a small touch to Aspalath. Hello, friend. If the party gets to be too much for you, you have a safe escape under my wing. The same goes to Yours. If you grow weary of the party, let us know. They would not pack them up quite yet -- but she also knew this might be a challenge for both rider and dragon. Riders often had to attend events they might otherwise go to -- this was simply par for the course for Aspalath and Erastan -- but she would not force them to stay social the entire time.

Sinders Path
A little blip for Aspalath!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:58 pm
Oh! Saith! Oblivious to the slight mayhem behind him, the white sent tidal waves of warmth and love to his sister, delighted to hear from her after so many (two) months! I will be careful! Don't worry!

He continued to wiggle his way through the crowd, trying to hop up on hishing legs to try and snatch a bite of meat! Fortunately, he was distracted before he could try too hard, twisting his head in an attempt to find Harneth. Not here... maybe outside, with the bigger dragons? Whaaaat? It's jsut a game! No one will get hurt! I promise, I'm very good at this one! Mirth and merriment was pushed back at his blue brother, accompanied with the dragon equivalent of a chuckle.

Oh! Someone was very loud over here! Baihath trundled back towards the the tables of food, his bright, whirling eyes fixed upon the big, blond man. His hair was done up strangely! He liked it! The hatching eagerly (but gently) pawed at one of R'nar's boots, wriggling his hindquarters in the air in a clear gesture of 'play!'.
--

Baihath! Meanwhile, Alya was trying not to mentally die once she realized that one of the wingleaders of High Reaches had fallen trying not to trod on her dragonet. For a moment, she debated darting out of the hall and pretending she knew nothing... but there was only one white hatchling out there, and everyone would absolutely know who he belonged to.

Baihath! She thought more sharply when she failed to receive a response, her tone more despairing than anything. There are too many people to be moving that quickly! You go slow, or--or I'll have Orioth take us both home, right now!

Noooooo! Came the immediate response... and Baihath was likely throwing himself at R'lar's feet as though to show just how nice and slow he could be.

Right. Time to fall back on the old, faithful routine. At least she'd dressed well, in a dress of deep, rich red and made sure her hair properly arranged!

Quickly approaching Z'tir and the two men nearby, the young woman offered a sharp salute before giving a deep bow. "I'm so sorry! Baihath was just so excited to see his siblings and everyone... Please forgive us!" Her dark eyes eyes were wide, and she seemed torn between a nervous grin and a more horrified expression. Shards, but she surely didn't expect having to play damage control for a baby dragon!

--

medigel

BastetAmun

mx cherie"

Prism Shine

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:06 pm

As his Wingsecond assisted him, Z'tir struggled to regain his feet. "Nonsense. It was I who erred. I saw the young White, and I did not wish to harm him. Unfortunately, I currently do not possess the grace to move swiftly without consequence." Never in all of his life, although his pride was rather wounded, would Z'tir punish a young weyrling at her own Hatching Feast! Especially when she was not at fault. "I am Z'tir of Bronze Siloth. It is a pleasure to meet you, rider of Baihath." He would have bowed, but that was obviously impossible.

Kinitarth, your welfare is of utmost importance to me, Siloth replied, observing the goings on through his rider's eyes. It was most curious to him, watching the little White dragon frolic and play among the crowd.

"Thank you, Dr'stan, Sam'kel." The pain of his injury was intense, particularly when exacerbated by a fall. But Z'tir maintained a stiff upper lip, and apart from the white of his face, there was no indication that he might be suffering. "There is nothing to forgive. Please be welcome to High Reaches Weyr." For he had not seen this girl since the Hatching - she was certainly of Western.

Tsunake
BastetAmun
Prism Shine

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:18 pm
"Well well, what have we here?" R'nar boomed, looking down at the little dragonet that was pawing at his boot. A little white baby! There weren't that many of those at High Reaches, so he surmised this little one was one of the clutch that had ended up at Western. Leaning down and resting his hand on his knee, he set the mug of ale down and gently, very gently for such a big man, rubbed the dragonet's eyeridge with his thumb. "You want to play? HO HO HO. I'm a bit old and slow to play with a lively little thing like you!"

Still, he crouched and wiggled his backside in imitation of the white dragonet. "You had better go back to your rider, little one, before you both get in trouble with the Weyrlingmaster!" Looking around, he attempted to locate both said rider and Weyrlingmaster, even as he continued to pet the baby. It was so cute! Even if it was white!

Tsunake
XDDDD

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas