Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Gold Flight] A Golden Afternoon: Fianth's Flight! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm
User Image

Irath & J'in

Irath: Chatty social group hug come in
J'in: Prickly mess of DO NOT WANT

J'in finished penning the last of the letters, lips muttering the last of the syllable and satisfied with the line, looked over the next. His concentration broke as his troupe of firelizards broke into chatter and a wave of emotion swamped him as Irath woke and stretched. Ooh...

Ooh dear. This... He breathed out, setting the pen aside and pinched the based of his nose, sending a wave of reassurance and a subtle push at Irath.
'Go on, just... be careful.' He started to clean up, the girls a reassuring babble of croons.

Warmth and love smothered him and Irath was pushing up and away and J'in... was going to find somewhere to hide for the next couple of hours or sooo....

Irath stretched, feeling the wind underneath his wing sails as he flew to greet Fianth. He replied, giving a burbling bugle of greeting.

Base points for brown: 40pts
Between 6-15 turns: +7 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
A High Reaches resident: +5pts
Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts

Irath 67

Strength: 15
Speed:10
Dexterity:10
Stamina:15
Wits:17

User Image
J'in reaction to anyone right now... NOPE  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 pm
User Image

Aly'on finished repairing a stitch in Ihiannsith tack. Thread fall had hit them both hard and the tack needed repair. He could feel Ihiannsith being a lazy blob of warmth in the sun.

Ihiannsith muttered sleeply waking up and shook himself, rising to his feet. He rumbled in pleasure, flapping his wings to test them before springing up.

Aly'on snorted, finishing the last stitch. Well he wasn't going to get this fixed... but certainly finding a partner for a good time wouldn't be to difficult.

He called cheerfully and joined the others.

Aly'on & Ihiannsith
- Between 16-45 turns: +10 points
- Rotund/Lazy: +0 points
-A High Reaches resident: +5pts
-Respectful, Polite, Loving, or Kind dragons: +5pts

Ihiannsith: 60

Strength: 15
Speed:10
Dexterity:10
Stamina:15
Wits:10  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 am

NPC Bronze Silmarath

His sister would fly today. Beautiful Fianth, who make the afternoon's light seem to shine all the bright. He had always admired her from afar. There was no question that her hearts belonged to their brother, Krahsujunth. Before Krahsujunth, there had been Yisketh. It seemed that a parade of suitors would whisk his darling sister away, and while Silmarath found her lovely beyond compare, he would not seek from her what she would not give.

However, in this he could serve. He could offer her a clutch to enjoy with her chosen mate. Even if that very mate sought to knock each male from the sky. My lovely sister, you glow to put Rukbat to shame. I would dance with you this day, if you will allow it. How fair was she, set off by Rukbat's light! To win her hearts was an impossibility, but perhaps... perhaps he might be of some use still.

If you are a dream, dear, I would choose to sleep forever than to leave your sight. Silmarath left the comfort of his ledge, his rider already moving to join the rest. It was time to blood his kill, so that he might have the energy to give Fianth the chase that she well deserved. Krahsujunth, the large Bronze said, feeling it rude to avoid greeting the other. Carefully, he selected a herdbeast, swiftly making his kill. To let it suffer would be an unkindness, and such was not in the dragon's nature.

----

Base points for bronze: 45pts
- Between 16-45 turns: +10 point
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points
-A High Reaches resident: +5pts

Silmarath's Stats: 75 points

Strength: 20
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 22
Wits: 15

Positive Traits: Clever, Gentle, Considerate
Negative Traits: Retiring, Standoffish, Unambitious

Note: No matter how well Silmarath does, he will not be selected as the winner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 am
User Image

NPC Blundarth of K'tor

A mighty bellow thundered over the assorted dragons as an unfamiliar bronze appeared soared into view. His bellow however was not one of challenge, and he radiated no fury or aggression. The bronze emitted only waves of joy and excitement, as well as plenty of adoration for Fianth. The lopsided dragon bobbed in the air, rocking back and forth as his body constantly adjusted to his uneven body weight. His harness was still on, the extra straps wrapped around his scarred right side to prevent the leathers from slipping off the empty space.

Blundarth! What do you think you are doing?! A rider in the infirmary practically screeched. Five minutes! He had left him alone for five minutes! All they had to do was drop off the report to High Reaches' infirmary and then they would be going home.

She calls, K'tor! I cannot deny her when she calls! Blundarth crowed back happily, forcing images of the beautiful, spectacular, Fianth into his riders' mind. His adoration and amazement threatened to drown out anything else the man could think. Why was his dragon such an easily infatuated idiot?

You don't even know her!

I do not need to know her to love her!

Yes you do! That is literally how love works! Blundarth, you get back here before you hurt yourself! True, this flight wasn't half as bad as the last one that the bronze had decided to throw himself into in terms of weather, but that was besides the point. Blundarth didn't know these mountains or these dragons. He was bound to go slamming face first into a cliff. Not that he didn't do that last time. K'tor saw the many suitors through Blundarth's eye and groaned to himself. I mean it, Blundarth, come back. There's too many of them. How could a half-blind dragon expect to be able to navigate a crowd like that?

Blundarth was quiet a moment, then K'tor felt it. The dragon managed to turn his mind away from Fianth, to wrap his rider up in love. He engulfed the rider in how much he cared for him. How no matter how much he loved Fianth, he would always love K'tor more. Blundarth would be safe. K'tor would keep him safe. They would be together. If things became dangerous, he would stop, but please, K'tor, let him try. If nothing else, let him try. Still in the infirmary, K'tor clenched his hands into fists, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He let out a sigh of resignation and Blundarth once more surged with joy. The bronze trumpeting again as his rider sought out someone who could point him in the direction of where to hide until all this was over.

--------------------------------------

- Between 16-45 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
-A Western resident: +3

Total points: 68

Strength: 18
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 11
Wits: 5  

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:11 pm
NPC Bronze Picassath

Another flies,Picassath. A familiar blue told him from the weyr. The bronze stopped what he was doing and went to his rider. J'mny climbed up his side quickly and the pair were off. They stopped by their weyr where a soft blue hide had been waiting for them. The man jumped off and quickly removed the riding straps from the bronze who was all but tense and ready to fly. I'll return He told the blue, his eyes already on the prize. A soft I know returned as he lept into the air to chase. Fianth. Fianth! I am here! Let me have the honor of chasing you and your blue mate this flight!

Between 16-45 turns: +10 points

Total 65
Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 15
Wits: 10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:54 pm
A gold rises! Reyinath was always noticing something about the weyr, but his Hwords made C'vi freeze. A gold flight? Another gold flight? So soon after the other?

And this time, I will chase.

"Maybe that'll put Avroth in a better mood," C'vi agreed, and watched as his brown took off. So much for bathing. He doubted the brown would get any bonus points for being dusty.

Fianth! How beautiful you are! Like the sun on the edge of setting, when the brightest lights cross the sky in color. I come to chase.

Base points for browns 40
between 6-15 turns 7
Motivated 10
HR resident 5
Nice Dragon +5

Total: 67

Strength: 14
Speed:15
Dexterity: 13
Stamina: 15

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 pm
NPC Bronze

A gold rises.

"hmmm?" E'fio looked up from his work, blinking out of the deep state of concentration to reconnect with his dragon and the surge of mating instinct that had accompanied the words.

"Do you wish to chase?" The bronze rider inquired.

It would please me. I do enjoy a gold flight, it stirs me and the exercise is always welcome.

E'fio sighed. "Very well but don't stretch it out, we have that delivery to make later."
I can make no promises,especially if I catch her this could be prolonged. Vagarath pointed out to his rider logically.
"Vagarath, there are already a lot of dragons in the air and you are not even as large as some of the browns, are you sure you want to do this?" E'fio was concerned, he did not wish his partner harmed. He loved him. Even if it was hard to say, luckily he didn't have to.
Never the less Vagarath was adamant. "My chances of success might be slim but I still wish to try, I believe there are things to be gained, even through loss."
With another deep sigh E'fio waved the bronze away. "Fine, fine, go."

With a curt mental nod and what was the equivalent of a firm reassuring back pat to his rider, telling him it would all be okay in the end, and delivers could wait, Vagarath extended his wings and dropped from his ledge to join the other suitors clamoring around the gold.

"Come Fianth, you know a blue can not bare you eggs and I am a satisfactory bronze that could give you many healthy hatchlings. Plus I do not mind admiting I would enjoy rising in chase and falling in mating flight with you. I would be open to any arrangement you wish to take forward with your current mate."

Oh Vagarath. Such a romantic.

Pros:Honest, Logical. Meticulous, respectful. Fair
Cons: Blunt. Cold. Judgmental. Anti-social.

Total 75
Strength: 16
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 16
Wits: 17  
Uta generated a random number between 1 and 35 ... 26!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:05 pm
Fianth threw down her second herdbeast, and immediately sprung upon a third, sucking the creature dry. The blood of the animals dripped down her maw and neck, a stark contrast to her pale, glowing hide. As she drank the blood of the beast, she let her eyes move over the growing crowds. Her instincts gripped her, and though she was not often a fierce or angry queen, she was and could be quite wild in her flights. She was pleased by the growing number -- some of them were dragons she knew and recognized well -- while others were foreign and unfamiliar.

The heady scent of blood and meat tempted her, but her rider's stern commands stayed with her. She was only to blood -- gorging could happen later, after she took what she wanted. The desire and need radiating from her only seemed to grow with every passing moment. There was no doubt of what she desired this day, and by the end of her flight, all of High Reaches would know!

Flecks of red were still present in her eyes, though they disappeared completely when she looked upon a particularly handsome blue. To see how Krah also blooded, to see how the blue postured protectively...honestly, it was almost too much for the pale gold. She had never known such love or devotion from any dragon -- yes, the bronzes and browns should be jealous -- not of her, though, but of the fact that she had somehow won Krahsujunth's hearts. She had done nothing to deserve them, even after all these Turns. And yet, here he was, still supporting her, still wanting to chase, even knowing that... As much as she loved him, as much as she wanted him to catch her in his claws, that would not be how this ended. As she drank, the pale queen reached out with her thoughts, allowing them to twist and twine with her beloved mate. There was no doubt the blue was the fire in her hearts, and that no matter who she chose, it was the rugged, large, scarred blue dragon that was her everything. She lusted for him -- but would accept one of the other males to procure the clutch she so needed. My Krahsujunth. Take my hearts, my love, my desires, my devotion. You are my everything, and have already won the day. Ah, but her adoration was pure. If she could but shine brighter, while letting her gaze linger on the blue, she might well have. Just knowing Krah would be there with her, that the blue would be in the chase, made her hearts soar.

Throwing down the corpse of the second creature, she caught one more yet. Fianth intended to fly high, and weed out the pack. Tearing her gaze away from Krahsujunth, she looked upon the growing crowd. There were quite a number of suitors, which did flatter the pale queen. She was not nearly as lovely as Hesperith, as seductive as Eveleth or Rhianth, or as charming as Ariath and Serenath. She was not as alluring as Zenobiath, but that didn't matter. No. Today, in this moment, she was the only gold in the Weyr -- and the males were at her beck and call!

She was flattered, and surprised, by the turnout. Her eyes turned to Soheith, who was one of the first to arrive, and brown Severeith. She didn't recognize the bronze, who was hanging high in the sky -- but as he said nothing to her, she felt no need to let her gaze linger. If he wished to remain a mystery, than so be it -- she would learn about him in due time! As for the brown, well, he had said nothing and thus, would get nothing. Perhaps they both would open up in time.

Bronze Meigth was next, and this one at least spoke to her. All in due time, sweet Meigth. There is much yet to be done. Bronzes and browns to meet and test; who among them would father her next clutch? Honestly, at this point, it could be any! Still, her words were gentle, akin to a light caress.

Another bronze, Gareth, arrived. Fianth recognized the dragon immediately, as he was one of the Wingleaders of High Reaches. She was not entirely surprised to find him here -- though she was also well aware of a certain green likely waiting upon his ledge. Fianth almost pained for poor Delyth -- whether she had given Gareth his blessing or not, it couldn't be easy. The green was in a similar predicament as Krahsujunth -- unable to give what was so desired. Ah, but Fianth did not wish to upset Delyth, and was unsure how to feel about the bronze. He was at least polite, and she did understand that pang of desire to have a clutch and brood. Quite a predicament for them all, really. He at least might understand their situation best out of them all.
You are welcome here, Gareth, though I will not be offended or hurt if you wish to return to your beloved.

Brown Kilaketh, the gold offered a small beam of gentle approval. Will your memories be of heartache or exultation? I suppose only time will tell. She didn't know this one well, but that was what this Flight was all about, wasn't it? Getting to know her suitors, and assessing them from on wing?

Brown Nessuth she knew well enough -- or at least, recognized. She gave a rumble of approval, even as she drank. You are welcome to compete this day. The only one unwelcome has hidden his face. And if she was pleased by such a thought, it could not be helped. She'd wasted too much time on him -- she now was free to choose a new suitor. One who would herald in the future of Pern.

To brown Lireloth, the queen simply laughed. There was warmth in her words, which mimicked the heat of the day. I dare say you'd craft such words to any Queen who spread her wings and glowed as I do! No, he'd need to do better than that if he wished to catch her eye!

Brown Lennoth and brown Zioneth both bellowed a challenge from where they appeared. She did not know either well -- in fact, as far as she could tell, Zioneth was a complete stranger! A mystery. Though they proved they could bellow like a pair of winged herdbeasts, she quickly let her gaze move on. She was a lady, after all. She would not waste her precious time or energy on those who were nothing but flash.

To brown Hinburath, the queen gave an amused snort. Ah, but can you do more than talk, Hinburath? Or can you use that forked-tongue for more than just idle commentary? Her words were gentle though, a tease, to take out any possibly perceived sting. Fianth didn't want just casual conversation -- she might have a mate, but she wanted cleverness and charm! She wanted to be treated as the queen she had been clutched to be! She would not ask one of them for love, but what traits might be shared with her future clutch?

Brown Argoth was met with a spike of interest. A song? Well, she did enjoy Krahsujunth's poetry. Was there another wordsmith within their midsts? I do love a good song. What would you sing me, fine Argoth? She sent encouragement over the brown -- encouragement and interest.

Oh, another brown spoke -- my, but there were many of them today! Rhianth had always been fond of Khronoseth... would there be a second clutch sired by a brown this day? Maybe. Only time would tell. Mharlith, such kind words. Will you be the one to catch such radiance this day? Well, he'd have to put up quite the fight to do so!

Ah, but Jirketh caused the queen to tense. Immediately she dropped her herdbeast, wings half-flaring, as she turned to hiss at the stranger. A low, threatening growl entered her voice, and her eyes whirled bright red with warning. Your lack of manners all but ensures your loss this day. Disgust laced through her words, and she did not care who knew it. This bronze was certainly not one she wanted!

If the queen moved a pace closer to Krahsujunth, it wasn't out of fear of Jirketh -- but because she felt dirtied by the entire interaction. Krahsujunth surely would not doubt her love for him.

Brown Avroth seemed to be quite keen. Polite, but excitable. If he had issues with Zioneth, the stranger high above, well, that was between the two of them. She would not concern herself with that rivalry... though he did get a few points for talking back to Jirketh. He isn't worth your energy, dear Avroth. He has lost before he has even begun. Of that the queen was certain! Hmph!

Bronze Zijianth was at least a breath of fresh air. Once again, it was not a bronze she knew well, but she was glad for the option. After Jirketh's unpleasant and uncouth behavior, she was more than happy to at least encourage such charm. Such kind words. I am afraid such warmth will have long since cooled by the morrow. Will that dampen your desire? Or were such honeyed words simply lip-service? She was no foolish queen -- many a dragon spoke of love and desire. Why? Because such words were . . . empty. The only one she knew to be truly sincere was Krahsujunth. Curse the world for denying her her choice.

Ah, but the fire begun by Jirketh had sparked blew into a wildfire at the sight of a certain metallic figure. Bronze Iptoneth!. Fianth almost did a double take, staring up from her kill. Oh, but there was something she knew about this bronze, and it turned her feelings of desire and joy into nothing but raw anger. Iptoneth! It was a mix of incredulity, disappointment, and disgust. You stay to chase when your own Beloved must away!? Oh, how that absolutely reminded her of Yisketh! The bronze, who had a mate well capable of clutching, and likely Ariath's favor, did not go with her, nor sit on his wings. Instead, he was here... Oh! Oh, she could not help but be offended on dear Ariath's behalf! She didn't care what reason he gave or how he wished

Why was it always the bronzes!?

With a shriek of anger, she dropped her herdbeast, and threw herself into the sky. She flew up, but at an angle, wanting to get away form the bronzes and browns hovering above her. Between Jirkath and Iptoneth, the queen needed to be up in the air. The sooner she flew, the sooner she would be back on her ledge with Krahsujunth! She was tired of playing nice, and ready to really give them all a test. Words meant little compared to action! What would they do to get her? How would they prove themselves in action? She wanted none of them, and yet, she would have to pick one. Would it be kindness? Would it be strength? Would it be gentility and charm? Or pure cleverness?

To her suitors, she called out. If you want me, then you must catch me! Don't tell me -- show me. Prove it to me! What will you offer besides hollow words of admiration or fondness!? The queen flew over the Bowl and up above the Seven Spindles. She wanted out of High Reaches -- they would dance (for now) over the peaks of the High Reaches Mountain Range.

- - - -

Please roll Strength + Speed! She's trying to get ahead of the boys.... And has some irritability to fly off.

1. Strength 25 + Speed 10 = 35 // 26

Fianth's Stats
Rising Gold: +55
Between 6-20 turns: +10
Fit: +10 points
Blooding Bonus: +10
Total: 85

Strength: 25
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 28

houllow

demon_pachabel

BastetAmun

Adranis

SilverLutz

Hattaki

magnadearel

medigel

Sinders Path

faesinger

meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#
I AM SORRY orz. Fianth is having some... Yisketh reminders. I AM SURE SHE WILL COOL DOWN ONCE SHE IS FLYING. She's a little worked up right now. xD

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 12!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:06 pm
More and more males came to his Fianth's siren call, and while the blue couldn't blame them—she was simply the most radiant, most caring, most desirable dragon on all of Pern, fit to have epic ballads and poems written for and about her—he neither could hold down the growing fury in his hearts. How dare they come to try to take her from him? He knew, he understood why it was necessary. He wanted only to make her happy, to help to give her what she wanted, needed. But it cut like a knife that he had to step aside for it to happen. He could see the lust in their eyes, hear their cries and calls. All of their instincts were strong, and so were his. He would be unable to resist chasing her himself, and for just a moment he pressed his mind to his love's, aching with desire and determination, before he resumed his...assessment of the crowd.

Soheith was met with disdain and the whirl of an orange eye, he may as well be warning a volcano not to erupt. What need had he for the bronze's permission to chase? None could command him from the sky at this time but his Fianth, and he would mete out the pain of his teeth and claws to any who disregarded him and drew too near.

Meigth's quiet respect was well met, and he looked the bronze over. A bit of a stringy build, and perhaps a nature too gentle, too sweet. A dream was a fine thing, but was the bronze ready to fight to help reach for it?

Gareth was a bronze he knew, and could understand and find a sense of kinship with. Almost. The bronze was known to be devoted, and he had no fear that that would change for this flight. But what made this one's desires more worthy than any other's? Would he stay as devoted to the flight as he was to his green? As devoted as Krahsujunth himself was to his Fianth?

Kalikath was the first brown to appear, and he bore just as much scrutiny as the rest. Again his hearts were touched to know that his Weyrmates understood the situation. If the brown should perform well enough to catch Fianth's eye, then he could see tolerating this one.

Nessuth alone of the approaching males might catch a flash of green in the blue's eyes. His rider's mate's dragon, he'd spent some time with the smaller brown...but did the brown have the steel needed to make a strong clutch? It took caring and strength, and he wasn't as sure of that. He too would be tested.

Lennoth came next, and the blue snorted as the heavyweight approached. Friend? Share? There were worse approaches, and he could feel the camaraderie behind the words. Both blue and brown were not typically social, and it was hard to judge someone you didn't know. He'd keep a whirling eye on that one, for now.

Lireloth was worth watching too. An entirely different sort of dragon from the stoic blue, but the equal deference the brown paid seemed to win him momentary consideration. And the brown was right. Fianth was a second sun, glowing and beautiful.

Zioneth, a stranger drew an answering roar in return. While Krahsujunth had ever been a handful for those he worked with, he was nothing but a determined, devoted dragon. He had little care for those who lived untethered to some duty or code of ethics. The brown would have a lot of work to do if he wanted to prove himself worthy!

Hinburath seemed only interested in Fianth. Krahsujunth could respect that, but in this case, it was not advised. Overlooking the blue would prove to be a mistake, and he would not forget that lack of awareness.

Severith too paid Krahsujunth no mind, and won a swirling orange stare for his disregard. Those who chased only seeking rank or status would find themselves in the wrong flight—he would not let Fianth be so used again.

Argoth was a sight, the barely hidden nerves clear to the watchful blue...but he could respect that the brown had decided to be brave in the face of his fears. Time would tell if respect and courage could outweigh a faint heart.

Mharlith also paid little mind to the blue it seemed at first glance, but his drive seemed pure and simple. What dragon did not want a clutch of their own, some part of themselves to be left behind for the future? The blue snorted, wings flaring just a bit in a reminder of a warning...but his eyes were not so burning angry at this brown.

Jirkath was more what Krahsujunth had expected. Another Yisketh, come to crow his color as if that alone declared his worth. At his pestering the blue raised his head, eyes dripping the same red as the blood on his jaws, staring the bronze down with an intent as unyielding as the mountains they lived in. Know his place? He would send the bronze crashing from the sky unless Fianth bid him show mercy. He'd tasted bronze ichor before, and it was no sweeter than that of any other color.

Zijianth had the misfortune to come in the wake of Jirkath, and the blue's gaze snapped, red and angry, to the other bronze. A wise choice, perhaps, to stay silent, as the blue was at the moment in no mood to tolerate platitudes.

Iptoneth was another complicated one. Favored of another of the Weyr's golds, Krahsujunth had been in his company once or twice before. He understood completely the drive to gain experience, to be better able to serve the one you loved. Hadn't he done the very same thing over the last decades? Still, he wasn't just going to let the bronze swoop in unchallenged.

Avroth seemed of a mind tom himself, judging the competition. While Krahsujunth had never been terribly impressed with the...usually less confident brown, he paid mind of which others the brown took issue with. His fury at Zioneth made the blue regard the stranger again, with more interest this time.

Aveth seemed a respectful sort. He was right. If any should be catching Fianth, it ought to be the blue himself. Alas that he could not, for whatever reason Faranth had so cursed him and his color. He turned from his inspection to briefly nuzzle his love, reaffirming that this was the way it had to be, and that he was accepting of it.

Rynsaith had come too, another strapping bronze to take his love away. He'd be watching, to see how the male flew, and waiting for Fianth's judgement.

Oboteth was another stranger, and the blue rounded on the bronze with irritated orange eyes. The respectful approach soothed him somewhat, though, and the pros of a Western male being the one chosen were not lost on the blue. But neither were the cons.

Rixth...another stranger. Had Rhianth's flight drawn them near? This one too seemed deferential though, if lacking any sort of sense of seriousness. Was he here for the fun of it, or for any real decent reasons? The blue still did not understand those dragons that chose life outside of the Weyrs.

Praetoth was a fine guardian, but it rankled the blue somewhat that the bronze felt compelled to offer Fianth his protection. Could he not keep her safe enough himself? Was he to be an afterthought? Perhaps he'd find out how well the bronze could protect himself once they took to the air.

Garganth drew the blue's eye, and this time for more than being just a stranger. The bronze was giant, and scarred, clearly a strong competitor. Such ferocity and strength would be valuable...though the blue did not appreciate that he seemed to have been considered only one more participant chasing Fianth. One or two more scars wouldn't hurt the brute, would they?

Elzebuth was one he knew. Barely grown, the brown was large, but still as green as the sister he'd chased the other day. This wasn't a game for a child to play at, though the brown was surely confident. A gilded tongue, but one that he was not afraid to bite out if the brown dared to make sport of his Fianth.

Tinsereth was yet another unknown face, though if his open flirting were the depth of him, than at least it was a face he could pretend to know. But Krahsujunth hoped for more than that in the male Fianth chose, the male that sired the eggs that would be as his own children. He'd have to keep a careful watch for any signs of...depth.

Tarenoth was ever polite, and Krahsujunth remembered him from several turns worth of flights spent as rivals. Not true rivals, not like it had been with Yisketh, but he knew the bronze. A gold good do worse than that one, at least.

Dobrokhoth was another face he knew. One that had never spoken against his and Fianth's love, he was a welcome challenger. He too seemed wary of those not from High Reaches, and though he wasn't to be overlooked should he reach too far, the blue found himself, for now, of a mind with the dusty brown.

Irath came next, and Krahsujunth regarded him, assessing if this one might be the right one to suit their needs. They certainly could choose worse males...But maybe they could find a better male, too.

Ihiannsith too was a fair choice, and with how many males had come to call, the blue began to realize that he would simply have to thin the herd. They would all of them need tested, to see which would stick and which would drift away.

Silmarath was known to him and Fianth both. Gentle and sweet of word, if somewhat lacking in the blue's eyes for his unwillingness to reach out and fight for what he wanted. But he'd come to fight for this, hadn't he? Was that enough?

Blundarth was...what? Krahsujunth had never seen this dragon before, though he'd heard tell of him. The half-blind, legless bronze that had sired that last clutch at Western. While the blue could certainly respect the other dragon for soldiering on despite his handicaps, he was very unsure of the rest of what made Blundarth a suitable match.

Picassath was another interesting bronze. And he had some of Krahsujunth's respect for having his own blue mate. What a pair that would be...would his future eggs have three fathers, then? Time would tell, though Krah would go no easier on him.

Reyinath was one of the last to appear, one more brown to assess. The blue spared the other male a long glance, noticing both the nice words that he'd said to Fianth, and that he himself had gone ignored. That was fine. He had plenty of time to assert himself over all these challengers.

Vagarath was blunt, upfront with his intentions. Some might find his straightforward nature grating, and it did threaten to draw the blue's ire, but like it or not the bronze's words made sense. Even if Krah was determined to one day prove them all wrong.

...And then it was time. With a stone-shaking roar or challenge to them all, Krahsujunth sprang up, winging after his golden love with all his passion and fury unchecked. One eye on her, one on the throng of browns and bronzes, he was ready. Hearts thundering and racing towards his love, and their future together, he was ready. His claws were strong and his teeth were sharp, and he was ready.

-----------------------------

KRAHSUJUNTH'S STATS
Strength: 12
Speed: 18
Stamina: 18
Wits: 13
Bonus +10 to all rolls

Rolls: 22+X+X+X+X=22

Beware Krahsujunth!
Danger zone:15 - 29

If you roll in this range, roll an additional D4 and check your results below!
1 - The furious blue comes streaking towards you, claws outstretched! You manage to duck out of the way of his strike, but it costs you a bit of movement. -2 to total score.

2 - Pain lances through you as Krahsujunth's teeth sink into a softer patch of flesh. You trumpet alarm and manage to pull free, but you've fallen a bit behind in the process! -6 to total score.

3. Out of nowhere the blue swoops in, flying right into your path. For a moment you think you can duck around him, then CRACK! Like a whip his tail snaps out, striking across your snout! -3 to total score.

4. You edge a bit too near to the blue for his liking, and he snarls a warning at you. Thankfully, another rival catches his eye at just that moment, and you're spared the feel of his claws...for now.

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 26!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:14 pm
Brown Kalikath:

Kalikath watched Fianth getting agitated and hoped that Krah could provide some comfort before she took off. As she took wing, he waited for Krah to go first. It only seemed right, but was quickly following after. He kept pace easily and when Krah got close and snarled Kalikath responded, I only wish to give her the proper due and respect. I know who her hearts are for. Then Krah was after someone else.

Fianth, oh lovely Fianth, it is not heartache to not catch you as it is wonderful to be here with you. Do not worry yourself over those that are not worthy of your consideration. Your simple act of ignoring them will be the deepest cut of all to those arrogant enough to think they can claim you.

Total: 70

Strength: 17
Speed: 11
Stamina: 17

Roll 1: Speed + strength: 26 (Time to roll the DANGER ZONE roll: 4 (4. You edge a bit too near to the blue for his liking, and he snarls a warning at you. Thankfully, another rival catches his eye at just that moment, and you're spared the feel of his claws...for now.))  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 21!

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:15 pm
The flight was on, the Queen in the skies and calling out to her suitors. Soheith was just one in an ocean of brown and bronze (with a drop of blue), and yet he would will himself to fly after the Golden light before. She was the sun, guiding them all. To have so many in the air after her, surely she must be a figure that was beloved and trusted. The tiny bronze surged himself forward as she went up, keeping close on her until -

- he found himself being struck across the face with a tail, but the same blue he had felt the anger from earlier. Ah, the mate was showing his colors as Soheith had intended, and the wrath was well deserved. This blue, this mighty dragon, was indeed Fianth's chosen mate and to have to bear such an event like this would have pressed any dragon into anger. He could understand, he could even accept. Taking the strike with grace, though it did sting, he closed his eyes for a moment to speak once more. If his words went unheard, it was alright.

I accept this, and I will respect you. Your tolerance of this, your love for her, is astounding and inspiring. Forgive my earlier words, they were spoken out of place and out of ignorance. Though....I carry your forgiveness as well, for this is a call I cannot refuse. He was feeling particularly chatty and sincerely doubted Krah would return the favor. It was better to let him know though, rather than fly in full anger.

ShinosBee

-------------------------------

NPC Bronze Soheith, of O'tas

Soheith: Soft and peaceful, he is a small bronze who is often mistaken for a larger brown. Contented to follow, yet lead when needed, he does not hesitate to defend when pushed. Fancies himself a protector, but only in some cases. Was hurt during Threadfall, but has recovered enough to chase.

O'tas: Mid-forties. Often volunteers himself in places that don't need help. Currently helping with chores, because he feels it's the least he could do to thank the Weyr. A little sheepish. Probably still a virgin? Very awkward.

SOHEITH'S STATS:
-30 turns: +10 points
-Unaffiliated: +1
POINT TOTAL: 71 points

Strength: 18
Dexterity: 8
Wits: 13

round 1 21 [ speed + strength = 28 ] ( danger zone hit: -3 ) 18  
faesinger rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:16 pm
DANGER ZONE roll

Brown Kalikath:

Total: 70

Strength: 17
Speed: 11
Stamina: 17

Roll 1: Speed + strength: 26 (Time to roll the DANGER ZONE roll)  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:17 pm
[ soheith, rolling for the danger zone ]  
Tsunake generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 13!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:18 pm
The huge bronze threw himself after Fianth as she winged up and away, beating his mighty wings. He was not nearly as fast as the golden beauty, no--and the big dragon realized slowly that the blue he had seen earlier was flying ferociously--at the other dragons. He was confused, but that did not matter now. The chase was on, and though he was slow, he was definitely steady.

---

About Garganth: Garganth is an immense creature, scarred and snaggle-toothed from fights with other dragons during mating flights. As a result, he looks rather bestial, and his tendency to stay more quiet only lends to the idea that he is a vicious, brutal creature. In truth, Garganth is not the brightest bulb. He prefers the simple and straight forward, and will gladly throw himself at any task assigned to him. He is a sensitive beast to boot, often flinching away from harsh words or insults. From a young age, he was forced to learn how to be gentle due to his size, and he is an affectionate, eager-to-please creature once he feels he can trust someone. And it isn't hard to earn his trust. Those looking to manipulate him will find a perfect target.... assuming they can get past his rider

NPC Garganth's Stats

48 Turns turns: +7 points
-Unaffiliated: +1
Total: 68

Stamina: 20
Wits: 8

Round 1: (strength + speed) = 13  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

tatterpixie generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 13!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:19 pm
Broad wings beating, Aveth fought to keep up with the lovely gold Fianth. But as hard as he tried, he just couldn't quite do it, and he rumbled deep in his throat in frustration. Why was it so difficult? It never occurred to him that it might be age catching up with him...

~~~~~

Bronze Aveth's Stats
Bronze: 45pts
44 Turns: +10pts
Fit/Motivated: +10pts
HR resident: +5pts
Respectful: +5pts
Total = 75 pts

Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 20