Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
Team Mission - The Maiden Voyage of the SS Anne II(Complete) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DignityPower

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:06 pm
User Image
Cosmo kept exploring, finding the area of the pool. The sound of a splash was made.

Veronica then found the War Room. She entered carefully and closed the door behind her quietly. She stayed in there for a while though mostly looking over the maps so to learn about where they would be exploring. Orre wasn't a place she often visited though she remembered it was an arid place from the last time she passed through on a mission. She placed her finger on the map and moved it along, trying to remember the locations. "Why..." she talked out loud to herself. "Does it seem like this is really serious?" She gulped, knowing that she still had to heavily rely on her pokemon.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:24 pm
Odd and Lykas wandered off from the main lobby where the others were gathered after giving their signatures, slowly making their way to the lower levels and getting to know what both assumed would be their base of operations in the Orre desert for the foreseeable future. It wouldn't take them very longer to find the War Room, the pool room and, eventually, what looked like a training room. "We could use this to warm up a bit on the way there." Lykas remarked.

Odd nodded back. "Not a bad idea, actually." He replied as the pair moved to opposite ends of the room. "I promise not to leave permanent damage."

"My only promise is you'll enjoy it if I decide to go too far." Lykas responded, his tentacles twitching with anticipation before the two began to clash somewhat leisurely.

Kaya and Wren both faltered as Cera explained where her cookie came from. "Even I'm familiar with such rumors." Wren piped up. "I was in my teenage years when the tales peaked but even the kids in Lentimas town used to tell stories of a fabled truck in Vermilion Port and the mirage of a Pokemon that lived there." He shook his head, a hand on his forehead. "I never once assumed I would live long enough to meet the legend in person, so to speak." He couldn't help but laugh at that point.

"I was just a kid back then but my brothers used to make bets over which one of them would find that fictional Pokemon..." Kaya chipped in with a small laugh of his own. All four of his brothers, even the two his own age, would join in the betting in those days. "I always assumed they were just doing it for amusement." Never once had he believed the stories his older siblings would tell about it.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:15 pm
Darts had pulled a gigantic Honchkrow feather bedecked quill to scrawl a signature in what looked like gold ink on the postcard before settling in on the top deck to watch Orre coming into view, as the Snagems availed themselves of the various features the ship contained. The stormy waters around the self-contained desert region looked as imposing as ever, but the S.S. Anne II navigated the currents with little to no problems, having been built for such a voyage. The boat pulls to shore a little ways north of the port town, attempting to not just pull into the dock area proper and give them a little bit more of a surprise edge.

From what the Snagems possessed of enhanced senses or binoculars could tell, Gateon Port looked rather deserted. There were no one on the streets, docks and ships all left dark for the night.

The Snagems had a couple of choices they could choose to explore - the Krabby Club, a normally bustling bar/den of ill repute, the Herb Shop for all your Herbalife needs, and the lighthouse - maybe an ideal spot for setting up some sort of land-based hideout or rigging up a Snagem Signal to let the locals know they were back.

They had a couple main objectives: rally the populous, find Sol and Wes, and gain intel on what had happened here in their absence. And they were probably going to have to do it inside, judging from the conspicuous lack of street traffic.

"Well?" Darts asks the assembled group. "Where to?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:24 am
Blizzard120

SubonicXP

Atlantis_Darts

"Looks like it's from the same company, at least. Before I was captured, I'd used to get bored of the island sometimes and go around Kanto for some different scenery. Used to sleep under that truck since most don't bother going near it when a ship isn't moored there. Oh, and a few really did try to shove and shake the truck. Those times were less fun, except for two kids with a Pikachu and Eevee that really wanted to give it a shot. That one was kinda adorable to watch."

When she was asked about her age, though, all she could manage was a confused tilt of her head. "I'm... actually not sure? I never thought to count the years and days. Sol did kinda use the day I was saved from the lab like a sort of birthday, but with everything that happened in there, I think he did that so I'd associate that day with reclaimed freedom and better memories instead of constantly reminding myself of horrors from Ein and the lab. Unless you did some sort of test and had a way to compare it, I don't think I could really give a good estimate.

"Also, I'll take harsh petting and tail pulls over those horrors any day. I lost track of all the times Aden did both of those or snuggled me like a plush when he was that young, anyway."

Listening to all of this, Amaranth couldn't help herself from wondering too. For all she knew, Cera was possibly the oldest on the team- or at least on the ship. Or among the oldest. What that meant in a Mew's aging process, she was a lot less sure on. It'd remain on her mind until the ship had pulled onto the shore, looking out and remembering how things were the last time they were around here.

Last time, it was when she and many others had the "pleasure" of meeting XD002 and spending all too long wondering if Sol and Wes were going to make it out of that encounter alive. Even after they had at the time. It was easily the second most horrific thing she'd dealt with that day.

Today, even if the port town in the distance didn't look to be in the best shape, it was the continuation of the final push they started back in the Fairy Realm. The start of the end, as it were. Lacking binoculars or any sort of enhanced senses, all she could really see was a distant, deserted ghost town.

Cera, doing what she could to discern who or what was still in the port town, had more of an answer. "Doesn't feel like anyone's around the lighthouse, I think... we might be able to use that to our advantage. Whoever's still there, if anyone is, might be in the bar? I'd need to get closer to be sure on either of those, but if I remember Gateon Port, those should be the best ways of getting anyone's attention and start finding out what's been going on. Probably could cover more ground if we have a few go to either of those and maybe a couple checking anywhere else in town."

"We should probably be moving now instead of later, though." Amaranth spoke up, already starting off towards town. At worst, she figured she could go with a couple to the bar for intel.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:42 am
I couldn't help but to just stare at Cera, practically in total shock as she told that detail of her life's story. It's as if my entire worldview shattered right there in the matter of five seconds. Freth, who also knew of the 'Mew under the truck' story who dismissed it as a child's game way back when, was surprised at this development as well, but took it better in stride and couldn't help but to give a few laughs before taking notice to me however. "Oh come on, of all the things we've been through since the beginning of this team, or even before that even, THAT is the thing that gets to you?"

"I...uh...never mind..." I said, having to walk off, rubbing my head.

Tristen still couldn't help but to stare at everyone in confusion, me even more so since Freth had a point. "Is...Blizz gonna be okay?"

"He'll be fine." Freth said.

The ride would take a while and uncontested, fortunately enough. Better still when Orre became within view. Though something got my attention. The place was not exactly...busy...despite being a port town. "Ominous." I said, walking to the front of the ship. Well, as far as I knew, first thing in order was trying to find Sol and Wes. Though, if the trend of Sol is still the same after all this time, he usually finds you, not the other way around. Its creepy. Still, doesn't really change anything.

"So, what are we doing?" Tristen said, meeting up with me once again.

"We'll we got a few places to check. Obvious place will be the bar, but if it'd be obvious to us, it'd probably be obvious to Cipher as well. I'm thinking maybe checking the lighthouse first before going anywhere.

"Sounds like a plan." Freth then said walking up to me as well, managing to hear the tail end of the answer. "Maybe while we are at it, we can get a read as to what's going on in this town."

Once the boat finally reaches its destination, the three of us made our way off for the lighthouse to investigate.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:55 pm
"Wow, that was fast," Keiko said when she realized they were already at Orre. Her surprise was quickly replaced with concern, however, when she realized she didn't hear the usual sounds that came from a bustling port city.

"Maybe you'd better take him home for now. I'll let you know when we have a base of operations here, but it probably won't be good if you carry him everywhere, and it might be a while before we have a place in Orre that he can rest. Or maybe it'll be better for him to rest at home and then join us."

Brunor nodded, and as soon as he did, she remembered the plate of cookies she'd been given. "Here, take these home, too," she added, taking the plate from Hera and handing them to Brunor. "I know they'll probably be cold by the time we have a place over here, but I'm gonna be busy for a while and won't have time to check to make sure the cookies are safe to eat."

(You think they're dangerous?) Hera asked in Pokespeak.

"I don't know. I appreciate the gesture, but I don't know the person that gave these to me, so-"

(Better safe than sorry,) Brunor added. (It's what he would say,) he added, motioning to my unconscious body with his head.

"Yeah, that," Keiko said with a smile.

"Can you understand what they're saying?" Abby asked as Brunor Teleported away.

"Yeah. It's part of being a hybrid," Keiko answered, which seemed to surprise Abby.

"That's kinda cool, actually," Abby smiled. She almost started to say that being a hybrid should have some bonuses in exchange for the new body, but she caught herself, not wanting to insult Keiko in the process.

"Anyway, I'm gonna head to the lighthouse. The sooner we get a base of operations in Orre, the better," Keiko insisted. "Do you have any plans on where you're headed?"

"I'm not of much use by myself," Abby admitted, due to the size of her team and the fact that none of them were fully evolved. "I would go hang with Lykas, but I... don't really wanna get between him and his boyfriend."

"I don't mind you coming with me if you want," Keiko smiled, always happy to not be travelling alone, regardless of how powerful her company's Pokemon were.

"Ulla coming with you?" Abby asked, which piqued Keiko's attention.

"She'll probably stick with her brother," she started to say, but then shrugged and pulled out her SNAG. "Guess it couldn't hurt to ask."

To Ulla
Have you decided on a task yet?

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:16 pm
Once they made it to their destination, the Hanabi siblings were looking around. Nobody was around except them. "Not even children are playing outside..." Both of them heard Darts as they thought about their actions. Some of Snag was already heading to the lighthouse to set up base, even Keiko as Ulla checked her SNAG. They didn't need the entirety of SNAG to go to the lighthouse. "Obviously, the bar would have people that know what happen to this place. They might even know where our allies are and maybe some other information like Cipher and Ein..." He said as he didn't really wait for anyone to come along with him to the bar.

Ulla read her message she got from Keiko as she looked where she was then back to her brother. She paused for a moment as she responded back to Keiko,

RE: Keiko
I'm going to follow big brother. He doesn't seem in the right mind after seeing that photo of Ein.

Ulla put away her SNAG as she ran after her brother to follow him to the bar. Leon heard his sister's little steps as he stopped and turned back to her. "This is a bar Ulla. You are not old enou-." "And I joined Snagem and have been in numerous wars with them. Tell me again, that I'm not old enough." Both of them just stared at each other, as Leon knew he couldn't win. Even if he said no, she would still follow. He turned back around and merely started walking again. Ulla smiled as she ran up next to him and held his hand.  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:54 pm
Aria and Leslie would both look towards Reno as the three options were brought up, each grabbing one of his arms and dragging him along behind them. Reno, naturally, felt the need to protest his sudden kidnapping. "Hey! What is this!? I demand to make my own choice! Let me go! Help, help, I'm being oppressed!"

The protests would die off quickly as Leslie's second mouth engulfed Reno's head for a moment, just long enough to make him stop. "You are coming along because if you go along with the others, we are going to end up over there when that place inevitably erupts into absolute hell. So we are going to the one place that can't possibly end poorly: the herb shop." Aria explained, even showing a few quickly drawn diagrams showing a miniature version of Reno going away from a mini Aria and mini Leslie, his location bursting into massive flames, and mini Aria and mini Leslie running over there with buckets of water.

Leslie grumbled as Aria showed the pictures off to the now freed Reno, eyes pointedly looking to the side. "No need to show how you convinced me to do this...." Leslie testily said, absent-mindedly rubbing her shoulder.

Rather than respond and possibly end protesting his kidnapping again, Reno simply nodded and went along with the two. Maybe the herb store would be cool and exciting as well? He could only dream.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 pm
Aile continued to listen to the story, taking a piece of gum out of an inside pocket and started chewing it. Rather curious story, but this was a rather... ecclectic group of people and Pokémon, might be the right word? Strange backstories kind of came with the territory.

Finally, when she stepped off the boat at Gateon Port, the woman would supress a shiver and took a deep breath. The last time she was here, she had seen the place razed and considered leaving the group. While glad that she had the choice made for her, she was wondering now how it would have worked out if she had bailed on the group, seeing the rebuilt port town. Ah well, the past was just that.

Looking at her options laid out, she decided to follow the group of people heading towards the Krabby Club. She was familiar with the way bars could be in Orre- at least before Ein's reign, from when she had lived in Pyrite Town. Maybe there was someone there that she might recognize. Hopefully a friendly face. Or at least one of the guys she helped to keep in line in Robert's bar there. "Man, I miss that old guy," she muttered to herself, remembering the old barkeep fondly as she entered the bar.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:14 am
Blizzard120

Once the boat finally reaches its destination, the three of us made our way off for the lighthouse to investigate.
TerashiLeonGoken

"Anyway, I'm gonna head to the lighthouse. The sooner we get a base of operations in Orre, the better," Keiko insisted. "Do you have any plans on where you're headed?"

As the set of five people (and a Mew) made their way towards the lighthouse on the north end of Gateon, they would soon find themselves face to face with one of the most powerful and fundamental forces on the planet. Gravity. The gigantic whirling bridge that connected the main port with the lighthouse was turned away from them, the command console to control it smashed to pieces nearby. And it was a long way down to the cold, dark waters below. If the controls being smashed to bits weren't enough, the lack of use and time alongside the sea winds had rusted the bridge in place, fastening it in a semi-inoperable state. They were going to have to get creative if they wanted to check out the lighthouse.

--

Cecile Silverstone

Ulla put away her SNAG as she ran after her brother to follow him to the bar. Leon heard his sister's little steps as he stopped and turned back to her. "This is a bar Ulla. You are not old enou-." "And I joined Snagem and have been in numerous wars with them. Tell me again, that I'm not old enough." Both of them just stared at each other, as Leon knew he couldn't win. Even if he said no, she would still follow. He turned back around and merely started walking again. Ulla smiled as she ran up next to him and held his hand.
Espeon_Commander

Looking at her options laid out, she decided to follow the group of people heading towards the Krabby Club. She was familiar with the way bars could be in Orre- at least before Ein's reign, from when she had lived in Pyrite Town. Maybe there was someone there that she might recognize. Hopefully a friendly face. Or at least one of the guys she helped to keep in line in Robert's bar there. "Man, I miss that old guy," she muttered to herself, remembering the old barkeep fondly as she entered the bar.
Darksol88

"We should probably be moving now instead of later, though." Amaranth spoke up, already starting off towards town. At worst, she figured she could go with a couple to the bar for intel.

The Krabby Club had seen better days. Dimly lit by lamps set at every table, every mean-mugging sailor in the joint scowled at the five people as they made their way into the place, still swilling their whiskey and beer. The bartender, a muscular mustachioed fellow with a rag, cautiously continues cleaning the glass he was working on as they approached, apparently trying to determine how much of a threat they were to breaking things in his bar.

The giant seashell stage is abandoned, the piano silent and smashed on display - a remnant of the barfights that had no doubt ravaged this place once upon a time. A haggard looking waitress files her fingernails over at a hostess' booth, not even acknowledging their presence. Anyone familiar with seafaring life would easily be able to tell the problem here - a sailor stuck in port is anything but a happy sailor.

One of the seafarers lurches towards Ulla as she passes, his breath stinking of drink as he accosts her, ignoring Leon. "Shay, girlie..." *hic* "You look fam-*burp* familiar to me... don't I know yeh?"

--

Reno Vantas

Leslie grumbled as Aria showed the pictures off to the now freed Reno, eyes pointedly looking to the side. "No need to show how you convinced me to do this...." Leslie testily said, absent-mindedly rubbing her shoulder.

Rather than respond and possibly end protesting his kidnapping again, Reno simply nodded and went along with the two. Maybe the herb store would be cool and exciting as well? He could only dream.

Darts follows the trio on their expedition to the herb shop. Boy, he was going to have to be the arm and the voice and the brains on this expedition... making up for everybody. As the group approached the herb shop, giant chains wrapped around the front door handles made it clear that whoever was inside didn't want people inside. This was made doubly apparent by the 'out of business' sign hanging from the heavy wooden portculli. "Guess they're closed." The gambler observes, shading his ruby reds to try and take a peek inside the building. "Strange... I can hear voices talking though." And that was true, it seemed like people were conversing inside from what muffled noise could be made out on the street. And one side was NOT happy.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:28 am
The three of us made our way across the town, trying to be alert for anything out of the ordinary. Well, if the lack of foot traffic wasn't already off-putting anyways. I'm not sure what the hell Ein has done to the region; I can only suspect that this place was meant to be shut down which doesn't bode well at all.

The three of us found our way to the path to the lighthouse only to notice the bridge was out of position. Freth walked over to the control station and found the controls wrecked. "...what the hell? Who did this?" Freth asked.

"What?"

"Someone smashed the controls to the bridge." Freth replied.

"Anything you can do with it?"

"Not a chance. You'd have to replace the whole unit as far as I can tell." She stated.

"Look Blizz." Tristen then said pointing towards the bridge itself. "There towards the base of the bridge. I don't think this bridge has been used in a long time."

"Really?" I said rather irritated.

"Why would anyone do this though?" Tristen asked.

"To keep someone from going in?" Freth said, making her way back to the group.

"Or to keep someone or something from leaving." I said, eyes narrowing. "Well that shouldn't be too much of an issue."

"Uh, might be a hair bigger than you think." Freth said, pointing back towards Keiko. While I could simply carry Tristen and fly over, as can Freth, and Cera can just float on over, Keiko had no such luxury unless she had any flying types that can carry her weight or at the very least teleport a short distance to the lighthouse's door. "Uh, need a lift?" I asked the Lopunny hybrid.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 am
"I don't think I can Bounce over that," Keiko sighed, looking at the size of the space between where she was standing and the island holding the Lighthouse.

"Geez, somebody made a mess of this," Abby said, glaring at the trashed controls Freth had noticed.

"Yeah. I don't think we're getting acro-" Keiko started to say, but stopped short when Blizz offered her a ride. "Oh, thanks! Is it okay if Abby comes along too? She was kind of coming with me for now."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:40 am
Reno Vantas

Atlantis_Darts
Darts follows the trio on their expedition to the herb shop. Boy, he was going to have to be the arm and the voice and the brains on this expedition... making up for everybody. As the group approached the herb shop, giant chains wrapped around the front door handles made it clear that whoever was inside didn't want people inside. This was made doubly apparent by the 'out of business' sign hanging from the heavy wooden portculli. "Guess they're closed." The gambler observes, shading his ruby reds to try and take a peek inside the building. "Strange... I can hear voices talking though." And that was true, it seemed like people were conversing inside from what muffled noise could be made out on the street. And one side was NOT happy.

"Closed? Hardly." Sub said as he approached the group standing in front of the chained up herb shop. He had fallen behind a bit back on the ship, for whatever reason he had an urge to dig around in all the trash cans he could find on board. He found a broken Ultra Ball in one, briefly excited until he found it to be broken, and in another a fresh pile of vomit. That he did not need to see.

Tapping the button on the front of a Dusk Ball in his right hand he released Monstressor the Tyranitar, the beast appearing from the dark vortex conjured by the device with a proud and mighty roar. "Sorry, Leslie, I'm going to steal your methods for a bit." He said to the girl with a smile before turning towards the chained up door which insisted it was 'out of business'.

"Hello!? I see you don't want company but I'm coming in anyways! If you like not having a concussion I suggest you step away from the door within the next two seconds!" With that said he took a few steps back and gave Monstressor a nod, the beast taking a few steps back its self before lowering its head. The Armor Pokemon would then proceed to charge head first towards the sealed door, head giving off a silvery glow as it executed an Iron Head, intending to ram its way in, sign and chains be damned.  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:02 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
"I don't think I can Bounce over that," Keiko sighed, looking at the size of the space between where she was standing and the island holding the Lighthouse.

"Geez, somebody made a mess of this," Abby said, glaring at the trashed controls Freth had noticed.

"Yeah. I don't think we're getting acro-" Keiko started to say, but stopped short when Blizz offered her a ride. "Oh, thanks! Is it okay if Abby comes along too? She was kind of coming with me for now."

"...hmm...Tristen, you got Dragonite on you?" I asked.

"Yea?"

"Get him out. Have him carry those two." I said.

"You think Dragonite can carry them both?" Freth asked, concerned a little.

"Dragonite could probably carry a Registeel if he had to. You can thank the Rangers for that one." I said.

"Alright." Tristen took out a Pokeball. "Dragonite, come on out." Tristen tossed out the Pokeball and out came the burly dragon before Keiko and Abby. "Dragonite, those two need help getting across the gap to the lighthouse. Can you help them?"

The Dragonite looked back towards the two then knelt down to allow the two to hop on.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:43 pm
"I could maybe lift someone across?" Cera wasn't expecting the bridges leading up to the lighthouse to be in such disrepair. Crossing wouldn't be an issue at all, but the same couldn't be said for the others. Luckily, Tristen's Dragonite seemed to have things covered for Keiko and Abby, so she floated on across. "Um, nevermind. Being so quick to go across, she figured to at least get the door open. See what was inside, or rather, what they might have to deal with.

---

A light gulp could be heard from Amaranth as she approached the Krabby Club. Places like this never felt all that appealing to her, but then, she couldn't remember when she last set foot in a bar- if she had at all. Certainly, she wasn't terribly familiar with this one. Seeing the stage and piano had seen arguably better days didn't seem to surprise her much; so far, that looked to apply to the town in general, if not the entire region. Trying to get more to the point and hopefully end up providing an out for Ulla's situation, she'd speak up. "Um... hello?"  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff