Submit

Roxafox
Crew

Fluffy Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:29 am
(( ninja ))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:31 am
Word Count: 36

Val was dumbfounded for a moment and just stared at him. "You mean to tell me that you enjoyed being treated like property? You want to be thought of as an object instead of a person?"  

Riku Redeemed
Crew

Devoted Friend

Sora with Wings
Crew

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:32 am
41 words

"i am not a person," said cobalt. "it does not make sense to me to treat me like something i am now. i was content with our relationship before it was changed. i do no understand the reason for changing it."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:33 am
(( ninja ))  

Roxafox
Crew

Fluffy Explorer

Riku Redeemed
Crew

Devoted Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:35 am
Word Count: 37

"Is it only because that's what you were used to? If I'd treated you differently from the beginning, if I'd always given you the respect you deserved all along, would you still feel this way?" asked Val.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 am
49 words

"i dont know how i would feel in that situation," cobalt said. "i enjoyed the way you treated me before. it made you happy. it made me happy. now you seem sad. it's uncomfortable for you to change the way you act around me. i liked it better before."  

Sora with Wings
Crew

Friendly Explorer

Roxafox
Crew

Fluffy Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:38 am
(( ninja ))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:41 am
Word Count: 82

Val had changed his behavior because he felt it was immoral. He wanted to do the right thing. Now he was confused about what the right thing was and that frustrated him. "Fine," he snapped, feeling like his efforts to be considerate were all in vain. "If that's what you want, then so be it."

He spent the rest of the day just telling Cobalt what to do as if he were just a machine, the way he had treated him before.  

Riku Redeemed
Crew

Devoted Friend

Sora with Wings
Crew

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 am
260 words

cobalt noted the change in val's mood and thought it was because talking about the way he felt irritated val. so far all the occasions that had to do with cobalt's feelings lead to val being unhappy. cobalt decided never to talk about the way he felt unless val brought it up first.

when val went back to treating him the way he did before, cobalt went back to acting the way he did before. he liked being bossed around and told what to do. there had never been any reason to notice it until he'd been given a choice but now that val had tried treating him in a different way it became apparent that cobalt deliberately wanted to be dominated. was it because that's just what he was used to or how he was programmed, who knows. just like the mystery behind his emotions, it was hard to tell and hard to prove. anyway he liked being val's servant. he liked being his slave. he wanted to be told want to do and didnt need to hear any politeness about it. he didnt like being asked for his permission because that just confused him. he wanted val to just take him and do what he wanted whenever he wanted with no regard for cobalt's feelings because he felt it was just unnecessary to care. cobalt would ALWAYS consent so why ask? the next time they were together and val asked him before doing things to him, he said so: "i'll always submit to you, so why ask me?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:48 am
(( ninja ))  

Roxafox
Crew

Fluffy Explorer

Riku Redeemed
Crew

Devoted Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:01 am
Word Count: 218

Val found this to be a fascinating revelation. He thought if Cobalt had emotions, he would have to give up what he'd originally wanted: an object he could possess, something without feelings so he wouldn't have to worry about how he treated it. Now he realized that didn't have to change. He cared about Cobalt, and he was at last comfortable with accepting those feelings, but he liked being rough. He liked being in control. He liked being what Cobalt wanted him to be and he liked knowing that his partner wanted it this way. He was content to think of Cobalt as something he'd created to cater to his fantasies, but it was far more enjoyable to know Cobalt chose this of his own free will because they had similar interests and compatible personalities. Val's affection for him grew stronger and more passionate.

After that, Val wanted Cobalt with him at all times, and that left no one to tend to things around the property. Val decided he needed more help. He didn't want to hire any outsiders. He made plans to build a new android based on Cobalt's design, but this time he would raise it differently. He would treat this one like a human from the start and see how it affected the android's personality.

(( TBC - This would be a good time to make Tungsten and this could explain his ego, but which one should come after him if he's supposed to develop a rivalry with it? I think we should only worry about Nitrogen and Antimony for now. What should the order be? ))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:08 am
222 words

(( either nitro comes next, the one with the defect, and it seems on the outside like tungsten hates him because he's defective and he could use that as an excuse but deep down it's because he feels replaced os that's what makes him want to always point out nitro's faults, or it could be antimony and then rather than a rivalry it will be like a mixed-feelings sort of thing, he's really protective of him and jealous of anybody who talks to him becuase he's trying to use the "i'm ur protecter" thing to counter being replaced. i think nitro works best in my opinion ))

Cobalt's AI analyzed val's behavior and responded to the experience, quickly learning what worked the best for both of them. they were perfect for each other and cobalt was very happy with him, but he was no able to do all the work around the residence if val always wanted him nearby. when he heard that a new android would be built based on his design, he was glad that there would be someone around to help, and hoped the new android would turn out well. he felt like he was setting some kind of example and that he would be partially responsible for how the new android turned out since it would be using his design. he didn't feel like the father of the new android, and he didn't see val as his father either. the concept of families was irrelevant to him and that isn't the way he thinks. he thought of val more like his god, his master, his creator the one whose will and decisions were absolute. he thought of the new android as a sort of apprentice, someone that he should help out and look after so it could be useful to val. the thought of being replaced never occurred to him either. he had no reason at all to feel threatened by the new android's existence.  

Sora with Wings
Crew

Friendly Explorer

Roxafox
Crew

Fluffy Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:12 am
(( I think Nitro works best for Tungsten's rival, and then Antimory comes after Nitro and because he has a different personality, he uses the "I'm your protector" mentality as an excuse to be jealous of other people talking to him, etc, like Sora said. so Cobalt > Tungsten > Nitrogen > Antimony > the rest. being only the second ever made would also explain his ego/pride a bit ))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:46 am
Word Count: 196

So Val created Tungsten. His appearance was altered to look different from Cobalt but he was born with the same original AI and Val suspected that if he were raised in the same manner, they would both turn out identical. He planned to raise this one differently. From the moment Tungsten was first awakened, Val treated him like a person. He considered his feelings and asked his permission before touching him. He asked him to do things rather than making demands.

He continued to treat Cobalt the same as he always did so by comparison, it may appear to a bystander that Tungsten was the favorite. It was actually Cobalt that his heart belonged to and Val bossed him around out of affection. He never looked at him with hate or disgust, but with a soft smile of contentment. There was a difference between their submissive/dominant dynamic and a truly abusive relationship. It was also clear at home that Cobalt always took first priority, such as when it came to maintenance. He treated one like a person and one like a machine, but it was the one he treated like a machine that he treasured most.

(( I hate to leave just when Roxas's character finally shows up but we're running out of time anyway. See you guys later. ))  

Riku Redeemed
Crew

Devoted Friend

Sora with Wings
Crew

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:47 am
(( i know, that sucks >< but we'll be back. i'm gonna add all this to cobalt's profile and put my post later when we come back ))  
Public Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff