Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Greenflight] I Put a Spell On You [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 12-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-12)

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:12 pm
His gaze did not leave her as the glowing green flapped higher and higher into the dark sky, her form blotting out the stars. Or could she be the stars? The passionate thought rolled through him. He was worthy to win the affection of the stars, was he not? She would shine next to him! Her let out a roar, adoration washing across the mental link toward Cythereath.
As he flew up toward her, his larger wingbeats keeping match with her fiery pace, he felt her send her question, and he found himself quirking his head to the side. You ask for a secret, my beautiful green queen? Well, allow me to share this with you. In my youth I once tried to be a dolphin, I envied their swimming prowess. Dorageth spiraled in the sky behind Cythereath. I tried swimming with them, but nearly drowned. My rider had to rescue me. It was so embarrassing! He shook his head, clearly hating the fact he just shared that with... anyone!

Mewsings of an Angel
Cythereath wasn't sure what she'd expected Dorageth to confide, but it most certainly hadn't been that! The purples of her eyes whirled bright blue with humor and she allowed a mix of sympathy and fondness dance through the link. Why be envious of one who can swim when you are master of the skies? Don't worry though, love--your secret is safe with me! Perhaps not the sharpest tool in the shed, but it had caught her off guard, and the little green did certainly love a good surprise.

+1 Favor

11: The little green this time decides to push herself higher and higher into the sky. Though she’s a delicate little thing, she isn’t afraid of taking everyone on quite the chase! Roll Strength to see if you can keep up with this little darling. If your Strength roll is greater than Cythereath’s you’ll keep up with her. If it’s less, you find yourself struggling, or at least falling a bit behind. Such handsome dragons, each one of you a prize. Tell me a secret about you? Share something with me you’ve never shared with another! Maybe I’ll whisper a few secrets all my own!

NPC Dorageth's Stats
Brown: 40
Between 6-35 turns: +10
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Intelligent/clever: +3pts
Aggressive/dominant personality: +2pts
Hasn't chased in any of the previous PC Magic Clutch Flights: +3
Total: 68

Favor: +10

Strength: 13
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 11
Wits: 15
Hit Points: 41/41

Mewsings of An Angel generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:19 pm
Strength roll for Dorageth!  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:46 pm
Dorageth found enjoyment in keeping up with Cythereath, her dance in the dark was enticing him more and more at every turn and he dared not let his gaze waver, nor his progress. As she dove past him, he dove to match, laughter ringing in answer as he found powdery snow spattering his face as she kicked it up, scattering it behind her like a veil. He bugled in amusement, following as close as he could to his worthy quarry. Come! Come fly with me, beauty! You glisten in the night, let us glow as one!

Mewsings of an Angel

Cythereath was quickly learning that Dorageth seemed much more light of heart. That served her well, and she couldn't help but send a playful brush of fondness at the dragon. She did so enjoy that he seemed to be enjoying himself and keeping up well. Whatever are we doing now if not flying? She asked with a laugh. Stick with me, and I might well keep you warm tonight.

+3 Favor

Uta

Cythereath changes direction, suddenly streaking down, down, down. She's aiming right for one of the mountain peaks, barely pulling up in time and kicking up a flurry of snow and powder in her wake. She laughs with delight, glancing behind her to see how well her pursuers have kept up, and which of them lost her little game of chicken.

Roll Speed + Dexterity! If your number is equal or higher to Cythereath's Dexterity (19), you keep up with her without issue. If your roll is lower, you either aren't fast enough to keep up or veer out of the way a bit too soon.

For those who manage to keep up with her or don't fall away, gain +1 Favor.
For those who veer out of the way, take -2 Favor.

NPC Dorageth's Stats

Favor: 10+1 = 11

Mewsings of An Angel generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 22!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:51 pm
Dorageth - Speed (14) + Dexterity (15) = 29  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:08 pm
He spiraled after her, his wings beating through the chill air, his gaze following the beautiful green, his goal never wavering. This challenge made the fire inside him burn bright and he let off a burst of speed, veering to match her course. When Cythereath asked her question, his eyes whirled with thought. Where would one take a such a strong, beautiful lady like you? He thought for a moment, his thoughts rifling through memories until he settled on one wonderful place that stood out. Igen. Igen Hold. The deserts sparkle from the skies, like starlight in the daytime. And the sands are so wonderful to bask and roll in. You would glow like the moon there...

The pale green would suddenly change direction, veering a hard right over the mountains of High Reaches. Aren't these snow-capped mountains beautiful? There's so much of Pern I have not yet seen-- if we could go anywhere on Pern where might you take me? Additionally, roll Dexterity + Speed to see how you do on keeping up with the green's path! If your roll is higher than 20 you manage to keep up with her and gain +3 favor. If your roll is between 15 and 19 you get +2 favor. If your roll is 12 through 14, you'll get +1 favor. If your roll is 11 or less you get no favor.

NPC Dorageth's Stats

Favor: 10+1+1 = 12

Mewsings of An Angel generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 pm
Dorageth - Dexterity (15) + Speed (14) = 29  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 2!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 pm
Oh, he hates this already.
Perhaps not this so much as his own failure to perform to standards--clearly, Modrioth hadn't prepared himself as much as he'd have liked. His long, snakelike body twists awkwardly during his attempted launch, and he snarls at himself as he gets into the air, eyes whirling a deep red. He's behind now--there's so many other dragons in the air ahead of him, and his composure's already cracking. So much for staying ahead of the curve.

------

About NPC R'aum: Relaxed to the point of being unmotivated, R'aum is doing his best, even if that's not very much right now. He won't be participating, and instead will be napping.
About NPC Modrioth: Although he's a bit odd, Modrioth is surprisingly smooth despite his quirks, and is rather skilled at getting just the right amount of juicy info out of people. He can be described as aloof, even cold, and has something of an unusual preoccupation with decay and preservation that he doesn't quite keep as well under wraps as he thinks he does.

NPC Modrioth's Stats
Average/Normal: +5
Total: 61
HP: 37/37.
Roll 1: Wits + Speed. 15+14=29. Rolled: 2. -2 favor.

Strength: 8
Stamina: 9
Favor: 8  
Zaikt rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:26 pm
Quote:
The pale green would suddenly change direction, veering a hard right over the mountains of High Reaches. Aren't these snow-capped mountains beautiful? There's so much of Pern I have not yet seen-- if we could go anywhere on Pern where might you take me? Additionally, roll Dexterity + Speed to see how you do on keeping up with the green's path! If your roll is higher than 20 you manage to keep up with her and gain +3 favor. If your roll is between 15 and 19 you get +2 favor. If your roll is 12 through 14, you'll get +1 favor. If your roll is 11 or less you get no favor.

------

About NPC R'aum: Relaxed to the point of being unmotivated, R'aum is doing his best, even if that's not very much right now. He won't be participating, and instead will be napping.
About NPC Modrioth: Although he's a bit odd, Modrioth is surprisingly smooth despite his quirks, and is rather skilled at getting just the right amount of juicy info out of people. He can be described as aloof, even cold, and has something of an unusual preoccupation with decay and preservation that he doesn't quite keep as well under wraps as he thinks he does.

NPC Modrioth's Stats

Favor: 8  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 21!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:31 pm
Quote:

This time, it's easier for him to follow her path. She's careening toward the mountains, and Modrioth is doing much better at keeping up with her this time. After a bad start, he certainly needs something like this to give him a little boost in her eyes, and he's more than happy to take what he's been given.
A fan of the snow, I see. he whispers, all traces of his earlier rage well-buried. The flurries are quite beautiful, but I can hardly say they amaze when compared to you, my dear.
Is the flattery necessary? Perhaps not. But it never hurt to try, right?

------

NPC Modrioth's Stats
Grid: 4.
----Roll: Dex + Speed. 15+14=29. Rolled: 21. +3 favor.

Favor: 11  
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 5!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:37 pm
[npc modrioth, roll 2--grid 4 already rolled]  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 20!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:39 pm
Quote:
Cythereath changes direction, suddenly streaking down, down, down. She's aiming right for one of the mountain peaks, barely pulling up in time and kicking up a flurry of snow and powder in her wake. She laughs with delight, glancing behind her to see how well her pursuers have kept up, and which of them lost her little game of chicken.

Roll Speed + Dexterity! If your number is equal or higher to Cythereath's Dexterity (19), you keep up with her without issue. If your roll is lower, you either aren't fast enough to keep up or veer out of the way a bit too soon.

For those who manage to keep up with her or don't fall away, gain +1 Favor.
For those who veer out of the way, take -2 Favor.

Ah. He knows what kind of game this is, now--she'll pull up any second now...any second now... The name of the game here was both discipline and quick reflexes, as he quietly muses to himself while diving ever closer to those snow-frosted peaks--Modrioth will not flinch, however, and finds little issue with slicing through the cloud of snow Cythereath kicks up with her passage.

------

NPC Modrioth's Stats
Grid: 5.
----Roll: Speed + Dex. 15+14=29. Rolled: 20. +1 favor.

Favor: 12  
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:41 pm
He floated behind her, the chill air swirling around him. He wondered for a split moment if it would snow again.... A croon met his ears above the din of flapping wings and accompanying noises from the chasing dragons. Ah, it was a beautiful noise, encouraging him to perform his best. Oh my, I could never lower you to be a description of one word. You are so much.... more! He bugled delightfully. But to describe you in one word I shall. You are.... unconquerable! Even as we chase you, beautiful green queen, you outpace us! We strive to best you, but there is no besting perfection!

Mewsings of an Angel
Cythereath pondered the description even as she flew. She had never thought of herself as such a thing before, and she couldn't help but be pleased that the brown appeared to think as much. Perhaps I wish to be conquered this night? Might you prove yourself worthy then if I give you half a chance?

+2 Favor

Uta

The little green can't help but be pleased by her choices. Eyes whirling a bright purple, she looks below and croons her encouragement. Reaching out, one by one, the little green sends a wave of curiosity. If you might describe me in one word, how might you sum me up? Oh, do tell me, for I so dearly wish to hear!

NPC Dorageth's Stats

Favor: 10+1+1=12

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 5!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:44 pm
[npc modrioth, roll 2--grid 4, 5 already rolled]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:51 pm
Quote:
Turning quite suddenly on wingtip, the little green quite suddenly changes direction, pushing herself higher up, and and sending waves of warm laughter over all those who chase. I am no fool, lovelies. Do you love me? Or do you simply want a night of twined necks and tails? Why do you chase me so? Shall this be a night of love or simply a moments passion?

Answer the prompt and Cythereath might grant you some favor. Or not. Feel free to be honest, lie, do whatever you think she might wish to hear from your dragon.

To ask feelings of such a guarded dragon was, without a doubt, opening the door for disappointment, as Modrioth reflects upon while debating his answer. In this case, perhaps being completely honest was...cruel. Like using a hammer where a more precise tool was needed. He didn't wish to hurt her--she was still so young, and those hearts were new, fresh and full of life yet to be lived. The idea of laying harm upon them was distasteful, even if he was more in this for his own release.
Few things pique my interest quite as much as you have tonight. Not a lie--Modrioth cannot say he's incredibly impassioned about most of what he sees on a day-to-day basis. I don't chase often. It doesn't...thrill me, to fight like this. You, however, are more than worth fighting for. He gives a low rumble, uncertain if she can even hear him at this distance. And I find that I've taken quite a fancy to this chase--with such a prize to be won, how could I not? You're so...alive.

Zaikt
Cythereath mused over the others words. Modrioth was a handsome brown, but quiet. Aloof, perhaps? A mysterious stranger, at any rate, and one she was pleased to get to know. She didn't expect the moons, even if she might have asked for them. Still, the others words did not offend, and the green sent a wave of desire back at the quiet brown. I shall take pride in the knowledge I've thrilled enough to move you from your ledge! Perhaps if you're lucky, I'll find other ways to thrill you all the more, and remind you how nice it is to be among the living. Oh yes, practically an unspoken promise--if he was clever and quick enough to catch her.

+3 Favor

------

NPC Modrioth's Stats
Grid: 5.
----Roll: Speed + Dex. 15+14=29. Rolled: 20. +1 favor.
Grid: 6. Response +3 favor!

Favor: 15  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 9 ... 6!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:52 pm
[npc modrioth, roll 2--grid 4, 5, 6 already rolled]  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items