Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Touching] Breath of the Wind [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:47 am
Verica - She/Her

This was an astounding event! Sure, what the candidatemaster told them was intimidating and almost downright deriding of who they were as people but then Veri knew full well that there were much younger candidates than she herself that might need it. What she'd been told was this wasn't something to be taken lightly and to listen, the rest of it hadn't needed to be said. Sure, Vera and Veri had learned that the last hatching had been a bit of a catastrophe, but none of the dragons had betweened thanks to a candidate's foolishness.

Yet.

That hung in the pit of her stomach as she bowed with a flourish to the queen dragon and her mate looming on the sands. A glittering pair of gold and bronze, it was no wonder. Veri's free hand rapidly sent a message to Vera, no chit chat but a question as she'd touch the same egg her sister did and wasn't certain as to what was calling her. Luckily for her, Vera was always a few steps ahead of her and she had no problem with this. Her feet followed close behind her sister's but her hand was fast enough to reach out and touch the Snowflake Egg in time.

All things in time for twins after all, wasn't that far more fun?

Hey there, hey there! You're a beautiful egg, have you been having a fun time with the candidates before us? Do you want to have fun now? Veri's face was all but one giant smile as she touched the shell of her very first dragon egg.

SilverLutz

---

Miela - She/Her

Back pin straight, her face a mask of careful thought, Miela bowed before Zenobiath in a professional manner and walked out onto the sands, ready to step into the future that was set for her. Deep within her she wanted nothing more than a dragon. Of course there was only one color that would get her what she wanted and it took everything she had to avoid glancing up to see where the Weyrwoman might be sitting, if she was there. There was only once chance for that sort of power, but it all depended on the dragon.

Her fate was in their hands. Maybe it was this that had her walking through the settled eggs until her right hand could touch the shell of the Ding-Dong Bell Egg. It was warm and solid, bright. There was nothing she could get as far as feeling, but then this was her first time standing. "Hello in there, you're a beautiful egg, are you a powerful in there as well?" Her voice came out in a curious half whisper, not willing to allow those around her to hear exactly what she wanted to know of the eggs. Did this little egg want to grab power as much as she did?

While she was honored beyond measure to touch her first dragon shell, she also felt that it should be honored being the first she touched, but Miela swallowed that thought quickly and sent a little apology to it. All things in time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:10 am
Ilzerin - he/him

One corner of Ilzerin's mouth twitched up at the response from the Candy Cane egg and the feelings of approval and pleasure he got.  He couldn't have chosen a better place to start, that was clear.  I'm nothing but good taste, love, he assured it, in a tone of companionable banter, and brushed his hand along the striped shell before taking his leave.  He would have loved to linger, but his boldly-striped friend was finding itself with more visitors now, and he wouldn't keep it from them.

Nearby, the Starry Night egg was looking popular...a little too popular for him to go to it yet.  He'd try to see what all the fuss was about later, when he wouldn't be adding to a potential crowding problem.  For now, he moved instead to the nearby Blue Ornament egg as a few others were finishing up with it.  It was one of the smaller eggs, but he knew well that that didn't mean anything. The tall young man knelt to lay a hand on it. Hello, friend.  Seen anything interesting yet?

Nashwa - she/her

Nashwa was equally pleased by the Red and Green Present egg.  What a fine dragonet must surely be inside!  And she truly did think it deserved such a greeting - every dragon ranked as an esteemed personage, to her mind, even still in shell - though she wouldn't presume to argue.  She would keep it quiet company for a few moments more, before bidding it an equally formal farewell and moving to meet its neighbor, the Rudolph egg.  Its shell was quite charming...would the dragonet within match? Plenty of people didn't match their looks.

Again, she was all politeness as she touched the egg, but amiable, never cold or stiff.  There was genuine warmth under all the formality she extended. Are you enjoying your day?  I know it's all very exciting for us, but what about you?  

Meepfur
Crew

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:55 am
Leiheti Her/She
Leiheti gave a little curtsy to the egg. I am delighted to be here. It is an amazing time. Not just for us but for you as well. Pleased with having the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Egg be the first one she interacted with, she told the egg, Goodbye now! Have fun today.

She took a few careful steps around some candidates before working her way up to the Red & Green Present Egg. With a careful hand she touched the egg. Hello. It is a fine day for all of us here but it is more important for you to be having a good time.

Divisti Her/She
Divisti smiled at the egg. What a great response! She giggled because it had been a silly question in many ways. “Why I am just fine. You did a great job with my nerves, thank you. Alas, no I am not in an egg, near have been. But now I am curious what you experience in there. I am supposed to move on now. Maybe you can tell me when you hatch?” She gave the Caroling Note egg a little pat and moved to the next egg.

With a crouch and a gentle hand, Divisti touched the Red & Green Striped Paper Egg. “Hello in there. What would make today great for you? Personally, today is great for me, even if an egg might dislike me, because I get to meet you.”

Nuamia Her/She
“Yes, you are!” Nuamia replied. “You have a good attitude. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks after all. You are the most important being to your bonded.” She gave the egg a little circular rub and said, “goodbye now!”

Moving with great care not to bump into anyone and disturb an egg, Nuamia approached Gingerbread Egg. As she touched the egg, she thought, what a beautiful egg this is. Hello to you. Take a look around inside my head. She giggled a little at herself. You don’t really need my permission though. Clearly that is what I am here for.

Aroontwa He/Him
Oh! Aroontwa grinned. He might or might not be the one for Snowflake Egg but he was pleased to be snooped on. That was good, yes! What an egg should do! This was a good egg and would find a good bonded, Aroontwa was sure. Nice to meet you. I must move on now. Have a good time!

On he went. Off to the Starry Night Egg with an almost skip in his step. He was trying to contain himself, he really was, but eggs were so amazing. He gave a little bow with large grin. You are what we are here to see and I am sure you will learn lots today! He hoped the egg would learn good things! No mean thoughts and all.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:20 am
Candidate Rhys - He/Him - HR
Well, the Egg made its wishes clear. Rhys offered it a gentle sorry before getting to his feet and pacing around. Hmm...Which one to say hello to next? It was the Rudolph Egg who got the eager young man's touch. A gentle greeting, a sense of love, and Rhys waited. Was he allowed here?

Candidate Brenva - She/Her - HR

Oh, oops. She slowly let her walls down, and smiled a tiny bit. Sorry. A lot of what I've got in here can be sad, and I didn't want to trouble you. Today's supposed to be joyous and happy for you, because it's all about you! The Snowflake Egg got a gentle pat, and stroke.

Candidate Eyriean - They/Them - HR

Oh...They liked the String of Lights. Smiling a tiny bit, they gently pet the egg's shell before getting up. That was kind of it. Next, they made their way over to the Candy Cane Egg, Hello, little one. You are so lovely. Are you having a good time?  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:32 am
Dehka - he/him

A smile immediately lit up his face, delighted by the response. I know you will. He thought back at the egg, appreciating the encouragement and the feeling of confidence the young dragon exuded. Thanking the egg for its time, Dehka withdrew his hand--and if he walked with his head held a touch higher, well, who could blame him?

Next, he stepped quietly up and touched the Gingerbread egg, offering the same warm greeting. Hopefully the egg was having a good time so far! He couldn't wait to see what sort of things it would accomplish, once it was hatched. Again, he truly, deeply believed that every dragon here would be fantastic, no matter what.

--

Chakuri - she/her

Oh. The nervous fluttering in her belly ebbed at once, and Chakuri resisted the urge to lean against the shell. She could feel the sensations emanating from the shell as if they were own, and the warmth filled her up inside. It made her feel... safe. Thank you.She thought at the String of Lights egg, emboldened. That's really, really nice of you to say. I'll be okay though, I promise!

No matter what, she'd be okay. She had to be okay.

--

Liniyah -she/her

Liniyah smiled a bit at that, stroking the shell a bit more. Okay. If the egg was sure, then she'd trust its judgement. And if people didn't come over... then she'd be sure to come back. Next, she'd reach out for the Caroling Note egg with a soft hum. Hello there. She saw someone touching it earlier... but not many others just yet. Hopefully it didn't mind that things were a little slow to start.

-

Lauthisen - he/him

Ah.... He didn't intend to come off as bored, and apologized. Just because the routine was the same didn't mean he wasn't intent on meeting the eggs--this was their big day. He removed his hand, mentally chiding himself. He needed to not dwell on how idiotic the other candidates might or might not be...

The Lump of Coal egg was his next stop, and he reached out to touch the shell lightly.

--

Oranie - she/her

Honestly, she was relieved when Elibrie chose to follow alongside her... and then all her thoughts temporarily disappeared with the enthusiasm and happiness that radiated from the small egg. Of course this was a good first egg meeting! This was more than she could have ever imagined, and she was grateful the little egg was so charming. Maybe it would get on well with her sister...?

Gesturing that Elibrie should stay if she wanted, Oranie flashed her a bright smile and pulled away with some reluctance. The Snowflake Egg was the next to be touched, and though Oranie was feeling a little more confident after such an initial warm welcome. Did it know how pretty its shell was? She bet it was going to be even prettier once it hatched! Oh, but maybe that was a silly thing, thinking just about looks...

Meepfur
Good egg, good egg!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:00 am
Nyrida - Lump of Coal
Nyrida listened somberly to the High Reaches candidatemaster. She gave a stern nod of her head at his words, taking them to heart as she glanced towards the sands. She made her way slowly onto them, bowing her head with respect. She was more stiff and formal than usual. The issues between High Reaches and Western were still on her mind, and still on the mind of each person here.

Still, she cleared her mind as she entered the sands, and at her turn, she gave a simple yet graceful bow to the clutchmother and father. A quick glance at the eggs brought her to the Lump of Coal Egg. A small egg, with a simple design, in a color that she enjoyed. She took a moment to clear her thoughts entirely, before placing her hand on the egg to create the connection between her and the creature growing inside. Hello, she said simply--perhaps even awkwardly--preferring to speak using her thoughts rather than her voice.

------

Kyzier - Starry Night
Bouncing from foot to foot, Kyzier listened to the candidatemaster. Despite their energy, they heard each word, and even gave a serious look to F'dral as they passed him. Their energy would need to quiet, though--the last thing they wanted was to frighten an unhatched dragonet. As they entered, they forced their body to slow, their thoughts to become a little less...energetic. Still, they flashed the golden queen and her mate a grin as they gave the two a sweeping bow.

Then, it was time. Which egg should they choose first? Only the flashiest would do...literally. One of the eggs had stars frozen mid-twinkle, and it was quite the lovely egg. They found themselves drawn in that direction first. Such a nice color, such a nice-looking egg. They beamed at it for a moment, before resting their hand on the blue surface of the Starry Night Egg.

"Hello! I'm so excited to finally meet you all. You're all going to be such wonderful dragons." And they were--each hatching, they were amazed and awe-struck over the beauty of dragon life.  

sariraii

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:19 am
Zelaya—She/her/they/them
Another stunning clutch, and the hope and future of the Weyr, and Pern itself, now sat before the candidates. Somehow the sight of the eggs, laid out in a tableau before the glittering, golden mother's watchful gaze, never failed to awe Zelaya, and leave her feeling entirely small, and perpetually humbled. Such gracious, glorious creatures dragons were... she had come to understand. What had begun as a deep respect coupled with a terrible awe of the huge dragons had slowly mellowed into an abiding fondness, though she was no less humble about them. It had taken turns to accept them as individuals and not just some otherworldly force for good and the protection of the world, but to understand that fact had only deepened her respect for them all.

And left her more than a little wondering about her own value to be possibly chosen to ride one of them, to bond with one and lend her strength and life to the fight to help all of Pern endure. She had never wanted to be a rider, felt capable of being up to the task, after all, and still very much felt unworthy. But Pern needed riders, needed candidates, and she was nothing if not a dutiful child. And so, as she bowed to the gold and turned to regard the clutch, Zelaya gathered her courage and quiet devotion up around herself, letting her fears and concerns flow away with a slow breath. If one of them wanted her, then she would give herself to it wholeheartedly, and without regrets. It was her duty to try, and so she reached for the first egg, tracing a gentle stroke down the side of Starry Night. Hello there, precious one. Thank you for everything you will be, will do, someday.

Finnisa—She/her
It had been slower to come, the excitement of having eggs on the sands again. Thankfully by now Finnisa's heart was more settled, less wary following the events of the... well, better not to dwell on it. She was still here, and that meant something, had to mean something. There wasn't a way to change it, and only forward to go. To that effect, she'd taken ample time to consider what she wanted for her life, what her plans were, how her sister impressing, out of nowhere, unexpected (and she told herself she wasn't jealous, and really meant it this time)...

Maybe this time would be her time. If not to impress, at least to redeem herself, in her own eyes. She was going to do everything right, make no mistake. To that effect, she approached one of the eggs on the edge of the clutch. It was a handsome thing, brightly colored and middlingly large—the Candy Cane Egg. With a gentle but steady, unhesitating hand, she reached out to lightly cup the side of the shell. Hello in there, little one. She did hope they were enjoying the attention, though she remained ready to retreat at the first sign of distress from the egg.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:01 am
Candidate Nalacko -HR, she/her

The enthusiasm and genuine pleasure coming from Holly Egg brought a quick smile to her lips. Holly was such a delightful egg! Nalacko chuckled and murmured softly to it, "not quite yet little one. It will be soon enough. I look forward to seeing you hatch!" Oh dear! She glanced toward the queen. Oh please don't be mad the egg moved itself into a tiny tilt. Nala gave Holly a last friendly pat and promised they'd meet later.

With that she moved away, debating which egg she'd go to next. Several candidates were already clustered around the small egg she'd picked next, so the candidate walked very slowly towards Red and Green Striped Paper Egg. Nalacko waited for the others to finish before she approached. Would this egg accept her as much as Holly had?

Only one way to find out. Nala rested her palm along the shell of the small egg. Greeting in there, she thought towards it. She was so happy to be able to meet you finally, and she couldn't wait to see you hatching too.  

magnadearel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:28 am
Candidate Heida -- she/her

The blonde girl blinked. She had been treated rudely by dragonets in shell before, but never had she been so... dismissed. "I really hope you find who you're looking for," she replied. Looking around at the other eggs, she finally settled on the Lump of Coal Egg and made her way over to it, letting her fingertips brush the black shell. She pushed the brusque dismissal out of her mind, focusing on warm, welcoming thoughts. "Hello, litte one," she half-whispered, finding herself smiling slightly at the egg. "I hope you're ready to come into the world -- it's pretty nice out here."

~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Tarroi -- he/him

Tarroi gently patted the brown shell. I'm sure you're more than worthy. You sound like a fine young dragon to me. It was my pleasure to meet you. The infant inside sounded so insecure; the tall young man hoped it was going to be okay. He had to move on, though, so he let his hand slide off the egg and focused on his next stop, the Snowflake Egg This time he placed both hands on it as he sent waves of happiness pouring over it. Hello and welcome, little one. I bet you can't wait to hatch. Shouldn't be too long now, should it?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:35 am
Haveli - she/her - HR

The gentle welcome was absolutely more than welcome and Haveli felt herself sort of sink into the kindness. It was a far nicer start than the previous touching and perhaps a good sign of things to come; honestly anything at this point would be an improvement with how low the bar was set. Any lower really and she might as well just bury it in the sands.

Either way the egg was given a soft touch of thanks, some thoughts of thanks for the kindness, and Haveli was on her way. There was no linger to be had if she wanted to touch eggs and so she moved on to the Gingerbread Egg, completely ignoring a familiar face that happened to be there as well. Hello there, I'm here to meet you.

Tsunake
don't mind her

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:53 pm
Elibrie - she/her

Oh....oh!

They'd been told and taught what eggs could be like, but it was one thing to hear it and another to experience it for herself.  The Blue Ornament was quite possibly the happiest, well, anyone she had ever met, and full of encouragement the likes of which she had rarely heard in her life.  It was simultaneously reassuring and overwhelming, and Elibrie had to take her hand away for a moment to steady her mind.  To just leave would have been rude, however, so she touched the egg a second time to relay a sincere Thank you.

Now, where had Oranie gotten to...?  She stepped back from the egg so she wouldn't be in anyone else's way and had a look around.  The combination of the two groups of Candidates made for quite busy Sands as everyone went to and fro, some with an apparent moving egg to nearest egg while others went from one side of the clutch to the other, to whichever shell caught their eye.  She knew from her aunt that, somewhere among the Westerners, was likely to be her disowned uncle, but she had to confess she probably wouldn't know him if she saw him.  It had been much too long, and she'd still been just a little.  And they were hardly the most distinctive family, nothing so easy as looking for red hair or some such.

...ah, but there was Oranie!  Elibrie went to where her older sister had picked out another egg to meet, and gave her a soft smile before joining her in touching the Snowflake egg. I...I hope your day is going well so far, she tried politely.  What was the best way to start a conversation with an egg?  She wished now that she'd asked! I'm finding it quite a lot to take in, so I can only imagine how it must be for you.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:31 pm
Candidate Rahmsii: he/him

Oh poor sweet thing. "We can't have you uncomfortable," Rahmsii says patiently, taking their request with utmost seriousness. It couldn't be easy needing to stay still for so long. It would only take a minute..hopefully the little egg woupd be more comfortable. He kneeled in the sand, paying no mind to the sandy state of his clothes. He carefully packed the sand around the Red & Green Striped Paper Egg, doing his best to recreate the wallow that had been disrupted.

"Is that any better?" He carefully brushes some of the sand from his knees cautiously. "It must be warmer like that."

==

Candidate Urzoh:
she/her

You didn't have to tell Urzoh twice. (when it comes to dragon eggs anyway!). She rolled her shoulder in a slight shrug at the lump of coal egg, letting her hand droop. She inspected her hands a minute, brushing them off on her clothing. Grubby? Well not any more. "Keep well little one." She whispered in way of parting, giving its shell the respectable distance it wished from her. She could take the hint.

Urzoh wouldn't be stung. Couldn't. instead she was delighted to meet such a spirited egg. Her face crinkled into a grin. It'd be one she would enjoy watching break free from their shell. Urzoh let the colors and shells catch her eye, debating a moment. Maybe the Snowman Egg would like some company? She pressed her palm against their shell. It's so busy here outside of your strong shell, and a beautiful day at that! I hope you're having fun today.  

Spockat

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:01 pm
orri - he/him

Orri's life had been...interesting as of late. It was difficult, for once, to actually concentrate on his studies--and it was only now beginning to dawn on him as to why, which made it even worse--and now with another batch of eggs to raise his hopes even higher...Well, he was generally a little more frazzled than usual, a little quicker to be scatterbrained or embarrassed. But he had to marshal himself, if not for his own sake then for the eggs'--and to some degreen for the fear of punishment. His first touching and hatching a little over a turn ago (had it really been that long already?) had found Orri more emotional and naive than he probably ought to have been. Maybe that was why no dragon had thought him worthy.

(The scars and his torn ear were quiet reminders of that day, though he would also argue that crying over Zezollath was never a bad thing.)

Today, however, he needed to be much more composed. Confident. Focused. He took a deep breath as he listened to F'dral, then stepped up and bowed respectfully to the metallic parents. And then...the eggs. There was a less overwhelming number of eggs to visit this time, which meant he had to be careful when threading through the other candidates to reach the Santa Egg first.

Hello! he thought to it as he placed his hand gently on the shell, bowing slightly as he had to its parents. It felt a little like he was back at Cauldron Cothold, greeting new guests at the front desk. My name is Orri, and I hope the touching has been going well. I wanted to know if you were comfortable like that, or if you needed anything adjusted. He had noticed one of its siblings had apparently requested more sand, for instance.

- - -

mel - she/her

In the back of her mind, Mel was aware that this was a privilege not many would ever get to see in their life, that the honor came with risks and responsibilities and all that junk. F'dral and T'nus had definitely drilled it in enough. But for all her casual manner as she greeted and bowed towards Zenobiath and Aresoth, one would've thought Mel wasn't taking it that seriously. Or rather, quite as seriously as some others.

Eggs were cute, man. And colorful. And the little dudes inside were smarter than babies, so why act so weird and formal around them? It wasn't like they'd get fooled when they could just bam and read your mind. So, she wouldn't pretend she was some weyrbrat who knew their stuff. Really, all of this was like a really lowkey party to her, with people gathering, people watching, and people conversing--albeit three-quarters in their minds. And parties were exactly the sort of territory Mel thrived in.

Heyyyyyy, she purred as she slinked up to Candy Cane and draped her hand, almost her forearm really, over it. Dig the shell, eggy. You're my first one, you know that? So I hope I'm doing this right, 'cuz that would suck to harsh your vibes on your...Uh. It wasn't technically a nameday. Shellday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:33 am
Ruunan [HR] - 17 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter/Candidate

Starry Night's aura of confidence and certainty in its own worth almost took Ruunan aback- not because he wasn’t expecting an egg to feel that way, but because he had never felt that way. It was a wholly novel sensation, and it took him a moment to remember it was not a reflection of himself, but of the dragonet(s?) within. “Why… of course you’re worthy… more than worthy- you were born to reach the stars, I’m sure of it.” He smiled, gentle fingers tracing the stars upon the inky blue shell. “I wonder if any here are worthy of you. I really hope you find someone to your liking.” It seemed that perhaps not all were; a man had left already, his own confidence and swagger more than apparent. He didn't want to speculate about how that exchange might have gone.

How did dragons know which candidates were suitable for them? How had Mic found Nyara amongst so many? As he stroked the shell, he kept his mind from straying into negative territory. “Well… I for one can’t wait to see who you are outside of your shell. You seem very interesting and…. Forthright. If all your clutchsiblings are as brilliant as you, then High Reaches are in very capable talons.” Yeah. It was good to try and stay positive. No dwelling on his own very lacklustre self-worth. That’s the spirit Ruunan.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:38 am
Rykin

He smiled, the smallest upward curve of his lips, as he gave the pale egg a second pat.

"Thank you. You're... um... very lovely." He still might not have felt quite comfortable on the sands again, but it helped that he hadn't been rejected by the very first egg he had opened his mind to here.

Rykin moved along after that, determined to keep from being the cause of any draconic tantrums now or in the future. He paused close to the Snowman Egg, the pleasant thoughts he was keeping at the forefront of his mind seeming more natural the second time he called on them.

Hello, little one. Are you having fun meeting all of us today? He tried to stop himself from imagining what it would feel like to be stuck in a confined space with people pawing all over him, but there it was. Rykin shifted his hand and added, It's rather crowded out here, but your parents are keeping everyone in line.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff