TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:18 am
Aniela of Brown Xaphrith

User Image Ah, a feast. A chance to show up, and show off. Her flirtatious Brown had INSISTED that she needed to look her best and go accompany a certain Rider who was all too fond of her. She really did look like perfection incarnate, if you asked Aniela, and her eyes drifted over to Dr'stan with a wink. She might not approach him right off, but she would welcome him to approach her~. After all, look at her. She was a vision. The blonde had always been a bit over-the -top, a bit extra. To be fair, she was also looking for the girls who'd Impressed as she had. Female Brownriders always had a special place in Aniela's heart.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:00 am
T'roi and Bronze Destrierth

As the squirming ball of tangled dragonets continued to honk and hwenk and smack him about the head and shoulders with flailing limbs, T'roi spotted a pair of folks running toward him. These must be the Weyrlings to whom the little blue and green had Impressed! "It's alright now," he soothed, getting smacked in the face with a stray green wing. "Yours is coming to help. Destrierth, stay still, my love. Let me- just..." Slowly he extracted a bronze forelimb from the knot of dragonet bodies, then the other, and with the help of the other two it wasn't long before the tangle was sorted and dragonets reunited with Theirs.

"That was quite the jumble," T'roi laughed as he straightened and took Niselle's hand. "No, no harm done. I'm T'roi, and this," he patted his dragonet's bronze head, "is Destrierth." He then extened his hand to K'niel. "I know I've seen you two around before, during Candidate lessons... You're twins, right?"

Destrierth crooned his thanks to his rider for untangling him from his siblings, then turned to the two smaller dragonets. Mine is indeed a good man, yes, Wahokinth! And Yours is nice as well. Uvaldoth, it's quite all right, and nobody's fault! It's an exciting day for us all -- you just got caught up in the moment. He pointedly omitted his own complicity in the entanglement; after all, he'd only been standing there, and not bouncing on his toes and mantling his wings in excitement...

Extending his neck, the bronze gave gentle little nose boops to both Uvaldoth and Wahokinth. It is a glorious morning, isn't it? So much promise for the future!

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
nose boops for Uvaldoth!

Redbud-Tree
nose boops for Wahokinth too!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:31 am
Y'io of Brown Taliorth

Y'io sat down as Mavri took the seat opposite him, both eyebrows raised now. "Why, thank you, Mavri. That was very thoughtful of you. It smells delicious." He truly hadn't expected her to get food for him; he didn't even realize he was hungry until he'd caught the wonderful aroma of the meatpie. It was a very thoughtful, very sweet gesture on her part to make sure he was fed. Especially considering the aloof way he'd been behaving toward her ever since they'd met again. Moments like this made him feel bad for that, but a wound to his heart that deep required a lot of time to heal.

"And thank you for the compliment," he added as he took a bite of the pie. "You played beautifully too. I think we all did well, though that will be up to Weyrsinger L'mul to determine in the end." He took another bite, wolfing his meal down -- he was hungrier than he thought he was. This was good, just sitting and talking like this. Music was the one thing they could agree on, could discuss safely without messy feelings getting involved. "Are you ready for our set later? I don't know about you, but I want to see everyone dancing. Even the dragonets," he added with what almost looked like a slight, rare smile.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:37 pm
Avali and green Zyreth

Having secured for herself an out of the way seat and a full plate, Avali tucked in to her meal, while trying to avoid anyone's eye. Not an easy task, when she had a lovely green hatchling by her side, marking her as one of the fortunate.

However, with others among the newly hatched clutch making more of a scene, the pair were left in relative peace.

As she worked her was steadily through her own meal, she watched the crowd through her lashes. She knew that a good number of those currently present were just guests. But the others... she would be working with these people. Living as one of them. And she had absolutely no notion of who any of them were. Nor did she have the courage to just wander up to one of these complete strangers and trip over her own tongue trying to say hi.

And... shells, most of the others who had Impressed tonight seemed to be Turns older than she! Looking at one of the new riders, she suddenly blushed and turned away. He had to be at least six or seven Turns her senior! And while he did look interesting, she rather doubted that he would find her worthy of his time. If anything, he'd probably resent having to "babysit" her.

A gentle nuzzle to her knee drew her attention away from the man, and she put down fork and knife as she turned adoring eyes on Zyreth. You are troubled, the green said, her eyes whirling.

"I'll be fine," Avali answered, smiling at the green as she caressed her cheek. The dragon rumbled delightedly as she leaned into the caress.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:20 pm
Whren

Whren was tired, but he had a mission to complete first and then, he was going to find some solace in his cups and the company of his small faire of flits. Jemi had helped him with his preferred fishtail braids, creating a complex long coil of white blonde hair that was interlace with dark flat ribbons with the minimalist amount of embroidery. It made up for the simplicity of his dark green tunic and black pants. His cloak was more suited for the festivity, fur thick and lush and most importantly warm.

Petite was the only one of his flits currently with him, the other three close by but not on him. The small green was coiled around his neck, tail dipping in the open collar of his shirt.

Now, Nyrida shouldn't be too hard to find. "Her name is Nyrida, and I do think you both have some things in common," he said to his closest friend as he looked over the crowd... the best he could, mostly looking up. "It is always so difficult to find people in the crowd." He complained finally.

Jemaselle
"Not like you to complain," Jemi said, walking beside him. She had kept it simple, she was clean, her clothes were not stained or wrinkled and they smelled nice. A long sleeve warm gold brown tunic with a thick wool shawl and wool breeches. She had her good boots on and glanced around wondering where that cutie with the new brown got to.

He had been cute. And she really wanted to hear that one liner sometime. She ran a hand through her short cut hair, relaxed and paused to look at the table of food. Hmm. Yeah, she was hungry.

The food here was always good during the feast and she was looking forward to actually eating it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:21 pm
Dr'stan and Bronze Ddraigth

Winding his ways through the crowds and towards the table, Dr'stan grabbed a glass of wine and turned his head to look back at the rest of the throng. The bronzerider let his eyes move over the crowd, still keeping an eye out for Aniela. The sight of the brownrider made his heart leap into his throat and the wink she sent his way had a shiver run down his spine. Downing the contents of his glass Dr'stan moved to grab a refill before taken another and moving once more through the crowd.

He knew Aniela had wanted him to come to her, instead of the other way around. He was the one to look eager and yet, he didn't care. "You look breathtaking tonight, Aniela." There wasn't any time that the woman didn't look beautiful though. His head inclined after he spoke and then held out the second glass of wine, a smile on his lips. "I hope I can at least get one dance with you this evening."

The small sense of unease at the chance of being rejected, in case Hesperith had been waiting for another, left Ddraigth as she spoke to him. Moving a big closer to the gold, Ddraigth let his eyes move to look down into the weyrbowl. They are a proud bunch it seems. I believe they will prove themselves quite formidable as they continue to grow. Letting his attention move back to Hesperith once more, focusing upon her, he let the happiness of sitting and speaking with her leak through.

I would be quite honored to spend this evening, or others, with you Hesperith. If there is anything you wish to learn about me, I'm an open book.

Meepfur

MaraRune

C'ryn and Bronze Aresoth

User Image
With the hatching over and done with C'ryn had returned to his weyr to get ready for the Feast. He could feel the sense of loss through the bond he shared with Aresoth. The bronze dragon couldn't help but feel this in someway, because his children were now with theirs and didn't need him or Zenobiath as they once had.

I'm sure they are still going to always want to know or be with their father.

Yes, you are right. They are on their road to being grown dragons and Threadfighters after all.

Letting his hand lightly run over the bronzes neck in a loving caress, C'ryn sent his love and adoration through the bond to his dragon. It would help to ease the pain of loss he was feeling, though the sense of pride of his children was stronger then anything else.

Aresoth had landed in the weyr bowl instead of finding a ledge or joining Zenobiath at the moment. He wanted to allow himself to be more accessible to his children, encase they wanted to venture outside for a bit. He would be content to sit here and enjoy the night.

C'ryn had entered the low caverns and moved into the Feast. He wasn't dressed as fancy as some but he still looked handsome with his dark hair tied back. Nodding and speaking to those who stopped him, C'ryn let himself fall into a role he had gotten familiar with over the years since he had impressed Aresoth. For once at a Feast, or any gathering, the man didn't let his eyes scan the area looking for Alumet.

Quote:
Papa is here if anyone wants to speak to him. Also C'ryn is open for interaction.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:41 pm
tatterpixie
Mavri of blue Dezinarth

“It was nothing,” Mavri assured him. “I had to get my own plate and I know after playing I’m always starved.” There had been many times she’d gotten him something, usually something sweet. “Anyway. I didn’t figure you’d remember to eat,” she added, teasing. Despite the jab, Mavri knew things were tense between them. No matter how she wished things would go back to their easy closeness, it couldn’t. Yet. Music seemed to bring some of that back.

“Thank you,” she said. “I agree. I’m sure he will, too.” Where was the man? Making a punny joke to one of the new Weyrlings, perhaps? Maybe stealing away for a moment with his wife and a glass of wine. She took a bite of her pie, chewed thoughtfully and swallowed.

“Oh! Yes. I think we’ll have everyone dancing,” she smiled. “I don’t know how many dragonets will join in, but we can certainly hope.”  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:47 pm
User ImageIt was strange, being alone. Versha had moments to herself in her life preceding this, of course, but Veri had always been a quick shout away even if they weren't together. It was strange, but she couldn't decide if that was good or bad. She was overjoyed for her twin, so proud of her that she'd Impressed at her very first Hatching and to such a handsome blue, but it was starting to sink in that this was going to change things for a while.

Versha was used to change. It was their life, really. Nothing was ever solid or set, people came and went, locations shifted. Now a dragon was involved, tying her sister and as a result, Vera herself to this Weyr. At least for the foreseeable future. And if she were to Impress later on they'd certainly be here for her own contract at the very least. It was a little overwhelming to think about when she was so used to picking up and going when things got tough.

But that was then. This was now. They were safe, they got three meals a day, they had a routine and they were good at it. Vera had no doubts that Veri would go through her classes with flying colors and she would continue along in the way she had been. Just...alone.

Versha tried not to dwell on that word as she dressed for the feast. Veri's things had already been moved out to the weyrling dorms, the bed beside her own unmade and ready for the next Candidate to come in. They wouldn't sleep together nor train together, but Vera knew every other moment would be spent seeking each other out. It was hard to break habits that were nearly as old as they were. She brushed out her hair as she set her resolve firm: this was a night of celebration. She honestly was happy despite the change, and she knew they'd adapt. New was always a bit scary, right? This was no different.

Finally satisfied with her appearance. Vera headed for the feast. The smells hit her before the sounds did and she didn't hesitate to make her way to the buffet tables, picking over the various options. Not knowing where or when your next meal would show up made her grateful for the chance to attend something as wonderful as this, a party to celebrate the new bonds formed.

Versha was just starting to wonder where Veri was when a familiar form caught her eye. Making her way down the table from the other direction was Veri, stunning in a blue top and black pants that she recognized instantly.

"There you are," she said with a grin, moving to her sister's side to throw her free arm around her shoulders in a tight hug, careful not to spill either of their piles of food. "Wearing mother's things...they suit you. And your new partner," she said, pulling back to glance down at the pale blue dragon by Veri's feet. She hadn't met him properly yet but wasn't sure if now was the time.

Hattaki
Food sistahs

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:54 am
I'zrin and Brown Maestoth

That was much more like it, and the brown's eyes settled back into blue hues as Khazariath mollified him with much more fitting praise. You are quite right, of course, he approved, pleased both by the words and the satisfaction of being the 'big' dragon, though that obviously he would not voice. I will admit that I set the bar especially high; perhaps I have doomed myself to be continually disappointed, but I did not expect the art of the compliment to be beyond so many. Even if His hadn't been as outright fawning as he would have liked, he at least hadn't patronized him.

I thought you didn't like bronzes, I'zrin pointed out - Some of them have their uses was the reply - pausing in a place where he could keep an eye on his dragon, but without intruding upon D'rok and the impending company calling out to congratulate him. Now where in Faranth's name was Faustell in all this crowd?

demon_pachabel

Mr Cheri
where o where could he be.

Gold Hesperith

Though Ddraigth couldn't have known it, Hesperith had been waiting for someone...in that she had been waiting for anyone. The combination of her rider's feelings, her own thus-far unfulfilled wants, and the clutch, had her desperate for companionship, and so she would soak up every ounce of attention she could get, especially of the male variety. Though she played it quite calm and demure as always, she was delighted to be given a taste of what she was craving.

I imagine proud is to be expected of any High Reaches brood; with a lineage such as theirs, they have every reason to think highly of themselves. Though they might not be pure High Reaches, they were still of Eveleth's line, and that gave her hope that even though she was Istan - and not even proper Istan, as her mother had been unaffiliated - she might yet make something of herself in the eyes of her chosen Weyr.

An open book, is it? I do so love stories. Polite, friendly good humor colored her tone. Since we speak of lineage, tell me, have you always been of High Reaches?

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:32 pm
Niselle and Green Uvaldoth

And it's not my fault you couldn't keep up! Uvaldoth huffed, turning her head just enough to squint her eyes and poke her tongue out at her twin. But just as quickly as she'd made the playful jab, her attention was redirected and she returned her gaze to Destrierth with a croon of agreement. Yes, yes! Yours is very nice, Destrierth! He didn't even get mad that we almost knocked him over! Would you thank him for us?

Niselle laughed softly at the wave of smugness from Uvaldoth that she had been the one to suggest thanking Destrierth's rider first - T'roi, he'd introduced himself as. And only a moment later she had to suffer the indignity of one of K'niel's terrible jokes, groaning softly and giving her twin an affectionate elbow to the ribs. "Oh, come on! Shouldn't you be trying to make a good impression?"

But there was humor in her gaze, and she nodded in response to the question. "Twins who apparently managed to Impress twins, no less. I'd be curious to know the odds on that one." Probably infinitesimal. If anyone had dared put marks on it, she could imagine they had quite the payout headed their way.

She shook her head with an indulgent smile, making sure to keep one eye on Uvaldoth as she extended her head to boop Destrierth in return, her wings not quite entirely tucked against her sides and quivering with excess energy. "We're not Weyrborn or anything - got Searched about four Turns ago along with the rest of our siblings. Our brother came to visit with his bronze after he Impressed and the whole lot of us decided it was our new dream to become dragonriders. K'niel and I are the first to have Impressed since our brother, though."

It's the best morning! We're all gonna show the whole Weyr just how amazing we are! They'll be scrambling to put us in a proper wing before we're even old enough, just you wait! Uvaldoth puffed her chest out to add even more weight to the boast, flaring her wings and lifting her head in a way that... Well, frankly it made her look rather silly - but she thought she looked very brave and dashing!

tatterpixie
Baby boasts!

Redbud-Tree
You punny monster!

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:52 am
Ka'ia and Bronze Argamath

User Image This was their debut. Their first chance to show the world who they were together, who they had the potential of being--Ka'ia still felt as though he was moving through a dream, not quite touching the floor as he'd gotten himself ready. Argamath didn't need much preening; Ka'ia thought he was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, and the little Bronze certainly agreed. Some bandaging for the both of them aside, however, they'd made it off the Sands in one piece, and now--now, they were at the Hatching Feast. Was his best outfit really enough for this? It was carefully patched and stitched as subtly as possible, but he couldn't help but worry that he'd missed some glaring flaw in his work. Usurper stayed perched on his shoulder, staring out at the world with a baleful glare in his effort to be at least somewhat noticeable. Ka'ia had already tried to placate him with treats before they'd left, but the Bronze wasn't having it.

Shards, though. He knew this was real, but it still felt almost too good to be true. He was the luckiest man on Pern, without a doubt, and for once, he found himself unable to challenge the thought. As soon as the notion of even trying had made itself known, Argamath pressed his side against Ka'ia's leg with a soft croon, offering him a warm, reassuring presence that radiated comfort. There was no need to worry about anything like that anymore--Argamath was his, somehow, and nothing would change that.
Oh, I know I'm your wildest dream made real, Mine. The key part about that though is that I'm real. Argamath at least tried not to sound too terribly smug about it, but Ka'ia knew just how satisfied he was. He could feel every bit of feeling that flowed through their bond, and he gave a quiet scoff of amusement. Well, why wouldn't I be? I had the best pick of the lot.
Flatterer.
And rightfully so, when it comes to you.

They were by no means the first weyrlings to make it to the Feast, but that hardly bothered Ka'ia. He'd had time to simply be with Argamath, alone together and marveling in each other's presence. It had been a much-needed refresher; just a little time to rest and regain their respective composures, although it had been more Ka'ia needing that than Argamath himself. As they slipped through the outer limits of the crowd, he could hardly take his eyes off his dragon, admiring the way his hide sparkled in the light with every movement; Argamath looked over the scene with an almost kingly air, pride clear in his fine features. He'd be the one keeping an eye out for any potential collisions, it seemed. His certainly deserved to start the Feast out with a little eye candy to whet his appetite, and he was more than happy to provide it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:57 pm
K'niel and Blue Wahokinth

I would have kept up fine if I had known we were going to come this way, Wahokinth pouted, but he didn''t seem to be truly upset. Yes, tell Yours, he agreed, ignoring how smug his twin was to make a point of his own.And that we're sorry for knocking him over. There--- maybe Uvaldoth had been the first to say thank you to Destrierth's, but he'd been the first one to think about apologizing for bumping into him! He'd call this a win, and held his head a little higher in pride at his small (but not, to him, inconsequential) victory.

K'niel didn't miss this, and raised an eyebrow at his little blue. 'Maybe save the gloating for when we really win something, Wahokinth,' he said, but reached to press a hand to his dragon's head affectionately, ignoring his sister's jab to his ribs in the process. "I always make a good impression, Niselle, I don't know what you're talking about," he said with a grin and a nonchalant shrug.

That being said,he pulled his hand away from Wahokinth as the blue returned his bronze brother's nose boop, and took the offered hand with a grin. "We didn't expect to Impress to twins, but poor odds or no it seems like it was meant to be. What about you? What's your story?" Everyone had a story, after all, no matter whether eventful or not, and it seemed only right to ask T'roi for his after sharing their own.

We have to get big enough to fly first, Uvaldoth, Wahokinth told his sister, sounding almost sensible until he continued, And I'm going to start flying before you are! Watch me~ As he spoke, he stretched his wings out a little and shook them, looking (to his own mind, at least) like he was about to try and take off right then and there, impossibility though it was.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
Finally managed to get this out between sneezes!

tatterpixie
Sensible these babies are not, not even a little.

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:31 am
R'bin (Western) and T'of (High Reaches)

The walk from the hatching caverns to the feast had been silent and awkward. For T'of, this was not much of a surprise, but he was content to leave things as they were. He was certain R'bin had things he wanted to say, but if he was too wherryshit to say them, T'of didn't feel obligated to help him out. He was Reya's friend, not her brother's. At last, just as they were drawing near the feast, R'bin cleared his throat and moved so that he formed a rough barrier to T'of forward progress.

"Yes?"

"Why are you always around my sister?" It was not the way R'bin had wanted his question to come out, but something about this bluerider rubbed him the wrong way, and always had. It was possible that it was just a latent streak of fraternal protectiveness shining through, but R'bin was more inclined to believe that T'of was simply a jerk.

"Ah." T'of kept his gaze level and did his best to ignore Makh's chuckle in the back of his mind. The blue had bet him an extra practice session that R'bin wouldn't be able to make it all the way to the feast without saying something. "We're friends. Friend spend time together, circumstances permitting."

R'bin narrowed his eyes. "That's wherryshit. There's more to it than that."

T'of tried to keep his expression bland, but it was a struggle and his eyebrows did whatever they wanted, as usual. After a moment he gave up and his irritation became apparent. "You asked me a question and I answered it. If you don't like the answer, that's not my problem."

"Are the two of you involved?" R'bin pressed. He didn't know why he felt the need to ask this. Really, he didn't want to know about his sister's sexual habits. It was impossible to pretend she hadn't had sex at least once, since she had a child, but he preferred not to think about that otherwise. She was his little sister, for Faranth's sake!

"Whether we are or not is truly none of your business," T'of replied. He didn't need to be this antagonistic, and usually he wouldn't be, but he found R'bin irksome and had a harder time than usual when it came to resisting the urge to tell people how stupid they were being when it came to R'bin. Instead of doing that, he got stubborn, which did no one any favors, he well knew.

"She's my sister," R'bin pointed out.

"And?"

"And I think I have the right to know what's going on in her life!" R'bin's voice was louder now, and if they'd actually been inside the feasting cavern it was unlikely anyone would have heard him, but it seemed to carry in the corridor outside.

"And there's one of many places where we disagree. I happen to feel she has the right to decide what to tell whom about what is going on in her life, even if that means you won't always know as much as you want to. Maybe if you made more of an effort to be someone she felt comfortable discussing her life with, you wouldn't have to resort to making scenes in hallways." T'of's mouth made the shape of a smile, but it was clear he was not making an expression of happiness. It was a gigantic Up Yours smile, with some extra teeth thrown in to emphasize his readiness to go for the throat. Verbally, of course.

"You're a d**k," R'bin muttered. He really, really didn't like T'of. Every time they met, it seemed like the bluerider managed to twist things around so that R'bin ended up saying things he didn't actually agree with. Or at least so that R'bin seemed to disagree with things he actually agreed with. Like Reya's right to privacy.

"So I've been told," T'of agreed. Then, with patently phony good cheer he offered R'bin his elbow and with his other hand gestured toward the feast. "Shall we?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:16 pm
J'lar & blue Loreleth
Another Hatching, another request for volunteers, and another opportunity to return to High Reaches. More importantly, it was another excuse for Loreleth to spend some quality time with a much favored and most-handsome blue. The strong feelings that seemed to ooze from his dark blue-dragon were half-contagious--how often had he found his thoughts straying to wonder about the worries of another, or the strange, second-hand pining of wanting to be rested beneath a wing. Thankfully, J'lar didn't mind--for Brieteth had been a fine source of distraction.

Though he was still flighty and sensitive, though his gaze was still touched with grey, more and more, there were undertones of blue and purple mixed in. Perhaps it was age, perhaps it was Brieteth, but Loreleth was less focused on the pain of the world--and a little more alert to the good that could be found out there. It was hard to be away, so very far away, but spending time with the older blue made up for the loss.

With the Hatching over, and his duties wrapped until it was time to tote guests home for the night, J'lar was content to haunt his old Weyr. He couldn't say he missed High Reaches, with the Northern Continent bringing with it memories he otherwise preferred to keep buried. Still, the snow was a pleasant change, and his blue was absolutely enraptured with Brieteth so near.

On his way towards the Dining Hall, he did catch sight of a familiar figure, standing not far from one of the lit braziers. A peculiar place to find him--he would have expected him to be socializing among the crowd. "Not one for parties?" He asked as he approached, putting his hands out to warm them over the fire. So acclimated to Western's milder winters, the sharp snap of cold bit through the layers of his attire.

Harp, who had been curled up on J'lar's shoulder, gave a friendly cheep at E'mel.

Meanwhile, Loreleth could hardly be more wrapped up with Brieteth. Cuddled close to the other, tail twined with his, his eyes whirled a happy purple-blue, with only the faintest tinge of grey on the edges. I wouldn't have missed an opportunity to see you. I hope the party lasts a great long while. He confessed quietly, snuggling himself all the closer.

- - - -

Liat
The Western Weyrlingmaster had almost decided not to attend, but the senior weyrlings back at Western were in good hands with the other assistants, and it had been some time since she'd attended another Weyr's hatching. Western Weyr had wanted to set a better example than their last excursion into the mountains, and Liat at least knew how to keep her head. Additionally, Orioth was so very-fond of littles, he wanted to fuss from afar, and she would hardly deny him such a thing.

The Hatching had been a success, with each dragonet finding Theirs among the offered group. With the Feast now in full swing, the woman made her way through the crowd. Her eyes were primarily on the new weyrlings, but periodically caught sight of old-Westerners now sporting High Reaches colors. While she did not begrudge the Candidate Swaps, sometimes she wondered if it wouldn't be best to go back to the old ways. How many good, reliable, men and women had their own hatchlings lost to those of another Weyr?

But, on the same token, how many had Western gained?

On that same token, how many would transfer Weyrs once their initial tenure was up?

Things would work out regardless. Now was a time for celebration and enjoyment. "Looks like they'll have their hands full," she spoke to Danzik, sidling up to the other woman as she watched the weyrlings antics. "A lot of attitude in this clutch--High Reaches will have its hands full." Not, perhaps, as much they had with their double clutch--but every Hatching was different, and brought its own joys and challenges to the table. A small clutch could be far more troublesome than a large one, depending on the attitudes of both dragonet and rider.

demon_pachabel

R'mor & Junenth
The large bronze dragon rumbled greeting at the young Samodith, eyes whirling a pleasant blue-green, and sent nothing but waves of affection and fondness to both her and her rider. Akaris was met with an excited head nuzzle, though he was careful not to bowl her completely over. His pleasure at seeing the young one again was clear, and mimicked R'mor's own delight.

"It's been wonderful getting to see you again. Samodith is looking radiant as ever, and High Reaches seems to be treating you well enough." His words were genuine, even as Samodith's lack of eye, and threadscore could be seen among the fire light of nearby braziers and lantern. R'mor did hope that maybe, just maybe, she might not find High Reaches too cozy an environment--for he would certainly appreciate having her back at Western among the rest of the family.

Still, she was her own woman, and had chosen to stand at High Reaches. If this was where she decided to remain, so be it. There were still a handful of Turns left to decide such a fate.

I trust you and Yours have been well, young Samodith? Junenth greeted the young green cordially.

Meepfur
LOL. Akaris can keep the jacket for now. Whether or not he remembers to get it back before he leaves remains to be seen. Akaris, walking around High Reaches Weyr with the Western Weyrman's jacket--quite a fashion statement

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:17 am

It was difficult to focus on anything but how amazing Zadelraheth was, how relieved and overwhelmed he was that he and Ch'el had both Impressed. They were safe. The only threats they'd ever have to face, ever again, were on dragonwing. They had a home. They belonged. Never again would he have to return to Nabol as anything but a dragonrider of High Reaches Weyr!

At that triumphant note, Zadelraheth gave what was intended to be a bugle. The sound brought Fe'ral back to reality, and he smiled down into those purple-blue loving eyes. "Yes. We're home," he told Zadelraheth. Safe. It didn't matter that they might get lost between, or get threadscored. What mattered was here and now, right in front of him and beside him. Zadelraheth. Ch'el. Vardoth.

My Fe'ral, Vardoth's just said that he was ready, Zadelraheth put in helpfully. But Fe'ral was ready. Dressed to the nines in some very fine secondhand clothes tailored up by none other than Padmia's assistants. For a boy who had never had clothing that fit prior to coming to the Weyr, it was a wonder. He honestly couldn't remember having ever been happier than he now was.

"Let's go then. I'm ready, too."

---

Leaning down to nuzzle Samodith, Zinath gave a chirrup of greeting. She was settled comfortably beside Junenth, completely enraptured by her mate's presence. Hello, Samodith, she said warmly, watching the young green as though she were her own. Alas that she could not see the little one more often. It certainly was not fair. High Reaches could spare one single green, surely?

"Oh did you?" A'ral asked with a laugh. "I couldn't tell... with the way that young man has been falling all over you." She'd know he was teasing - it was not as though A'ral hadn't sent care packages, along with letters assuring her that she hadn't been forgotten. He had his arm around his mate at present, pleased as could be that there had been no dead Candidates this time around.
Uta
Meepfur

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas