Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
"WDYDWIQ" ~ What Did you Do While in QUARANTINE?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Share your fun Quarantine stories.
  And how you passed the time while waiting for the CORONAVIRUS to end.
View Results

zentlair

Vice Captain

Dedicated Gaian

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:00 pm
Hm... let's see. If day one was the 17th, I guess that'd make today the 20th?

DAY 20: Stayed in the entire day. Had a lot of videos to create and upload to YouTube for my mom. Wanted to make sure she had enough material for her CHEM10 students to lecture them for the week before I started other tasks.

It was rainy and my hips have been bothering me, so I actually didn't run today. I need to get back to it though because I overate a lot on the camping trip, so now my weight is back up to 120lbs. :

I tossed a lot of rotting food out of the fridge, because the in-laws haven't been at this domicile since all this nonsense began and their stuff was going bad. I guess maybe I'll try going to Sprouts tomorrow... I would like some fresh fruit and vegetables. I was going to try Amazon Fresh for the first time, but they didn't have any delivery timeslots for the entire month. So that's... lame.

Neil is on an overnight route so he's in a hotel tonight. Probably means I'll stay up pretty late doing whatever, ha.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:01 pm
Prof. Moonie
Yesterday I watched Onward with a few of my friends. It was nice watching it again after originally watching it the night it came out in theaters. biggrin

I'd like to see it, but Disney doesn't see a dime of my money.  

zentlair

Vice Captain

Dedicated Gaian

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:32 am
Day 21: Yesterday was alright. Got a lot done on my SEMI project. In the morning I went out to Sprouts to get fresh produce. Did it "Wild West" style, by wearing a bandana on my face and a cowboy hat. Kinda hilarious when she asked for ID for the alcohol purchase because she could barely see my face but whatever.

Went out for a walk midday to enjoy the sunshine. Knocked off on the project around 5:30pm to play videogames with my brother. We shot a lot of zombies. Made dinner (breaded chicken over spaghetti with white sauce and mushrooms). Neil finally got home around 10:15pm and we enjoyed each others' company until bed.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:39 am
Day 22: Yesterday was all about working on my research paper, working on it more, and working on it more. I made a lot of progress. It's up to 23 pages, and I'm nearly done with part 1 of 3. The first part is due in a week, so I've still got time. I think I'm probably working harder on it than I "need" to to get the grade I want (an A) and that I'm probably working harder than any of my other classmates are bothering. But at the same time, this is the capstone class of the entire MBA program and my final paper/project, so I feel it deserves serious attention, rather than most people's propensity to just "coast" and do "good enough."

Thankfully I did get to game with my brother last night as a reward and relaxation thing. Watched a couple more eps of the Tiger King too, cuz I had to jump on board that train. rofl  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:52 am
Day 23: I knew yesterday was gonna be kinda lame and it was and that's that. I had my presentation and midterm coming up later that night at 6PM, so I had to study. I also finally managed to complete part 1 of my research paper, so I was able to take some talking points and write those down to share for the presentation part of the evening.

Took a break around lunch to eat and watch the Tiger King (only one episode left!), then went back to it. A friend ended up coming by to drop something off with me; didn't invite them inside and we chat for about an hour outside more than six feet apart. He insists he's "already had coronavirus" but rolleyes I think it's in his head. But otherwise the visit was enjoyable, if awkward.

Went first with my presentation and tried to have a little fun with it doing a show-and-tell demo of my Atari 2600. Then listened to other peoples' before beginning the midterm at 8PM. Had to turn it in by midnight. It was a long test.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:24 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Day 8: Wow, the days just fly by, don't they? How many more days of this are there? confused Anyway, it's utterly frustrating how little I seem to accomplish despite having so much time off.of the rest of the night.

It feels like it's dragging on forever for me. I keep finding myself going "It feels like forever since that happened" and looking at the calendar only to realize it was the week or so prior. sweatdrop But I do agree on not getting much done. Though for me, most of the stuff I thought of doing I can't do because I don't have the necessary items to complete it (i.e. not having a sewing machine [it's at my parents' place] or the fabric to work on a cosplay).

I feel you there. Typically I try to have too much of any particular fabric I'm going to need for given projects, but I have a quilt right now that's missing its border because I need more white. And JoAnn's online site is such utter TRASH that I can't even find a decent pattern that's in stock and available for pickup at any of the locations near me. rolleyes

A bummer about the sewing machine. Do you folks live far away?

I prefer shopping in person when it comes to buying fabric for any of my cosplays because sometimes the color/pattern online doesn't always match what it looks like in real life. And sometimes with certain cosplays I can be quite particular on what fabric I want to use. Or sometimes I go to the store thinking I want a particular fabric but then see another fabric and it captures my interest/imagination more.
When I was at my parents' place, I didn't really have the room to be storing fabric if I wasn't actively working on the project.

My parents are only 10 minutes or so away, so it's not that big of an issue. But since our governor has announced the "Stay-At-Home" order, I've only been doing essential traveling (such as going to work or grocery shopping). No use driving up there for the sewing machine when I don't even have the rest of the items for the projects I would like to work on.

Oh same. Being able to touch and feel the fabric and compare how it looks to multiple other bolts is critical when I'm quilting. The fact that the fabric stores around here are closed is KILLING me creatively. gonk

And wow, you're adhering stringently. I've been hanging out with my parents (1 1/2 hours away) to help my mom with her lecture videos.

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit suppressed in the creative realm too.

Since I work at an assisted living and my Mom occasionally still goes into the office for her work at times, I don't want to risk bringing anything to or from anywhere. Better to be safe than sorry.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:32 pm
zentlair

DAY 20: Stayed in the entire day. Had a lot of videos to create and upload to YouTube for my mom. Wanted to make sure she had enough material for her CHEM10 students to lecture them for the week before I started other tasks.

It was rainy and my hips have been bothering me, so I actually didn't run today. I need to get back to it though because I overate a lot on the camping trip, so now my weight is back up to 120lbs. :

I tossed a lot of rotting food out of the fridge, because the in-laws haven't been at this domicile since all this nonsense began and their stuff was going bad. I guess maybe I'll try going to Sprouts tomorrow... I would like some fresh fruit and vegetables. I was going to try Amazon Fresh for the first time, but they didn't have any delivery timeslots for the entire month. So that's... lame.

Neil is on an overnight route so he's in a hotel tonight. Probably means I'll stay up pretty late doing whatever, ha.

Yeah, I've heard from a lot of my Facebook friends that the fresh food delivery services - and even the fresh food subscription things - are really busy right now. Some are a bit disgruntled about it because their regular ongoing orders are being pushed back a week or so because of the delay of stock and what not.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:35 pm
zentlair
Prof. Moonie
Yesterday I watched Onward with a few of my friends. It was nice watching it again after originally watching it the night it came out in theaters. biggrin

I'd like to see it, but Disney doesn't see a dime of my money.

Well, technically, they aren't seeing a dime of my money towards it either, lol. As a theater employee, I get free movie tickets. And then the other two times I've seen it during this quarantine business has been through my friends streaming it. ninja  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:37 pm
Zphal
Day 22: Yesterday was all about working on my research paper, working on it more, and working on it more. I made a lot of progress. It's up to 23 pages, and I'm nearly done with part 1 of 3. The first part is due in a week, so I've still got time. I think I'm probably working harder on it than I "need" to to get the grade I want (an A) and that I'm probably working harder than any of my other classmates are bothering. But at the same time, this is the capstone class of the entire MBA program and my final paper/project, so I feel it deserves serious attention, rather than most people's propensity to just "coast" and do "good enough."

Thankfully I did get to game with my brother last night as a reward and relaxation thing. Watched a couple more eps of the Tiger King too, cuz I had to jump on board that train. rofl

I've been trying to resist watching it myself. I've got other shows and films I've been wanting to watch for some time... and I really don't need to add another series to my long list of things on Netflix. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:23 pm
Prof. Moonie
zentlair

Yeah, I've heard from a lot of my Facebook friends that the fresh food delivery services - and even the fresh food subscription things - are really busy right now. Some are a bit disgruntled about it because their regular ongoing orders are being pushed back a week or so because of the delay of stock and what not.

Yeah, my mom has a subscription of Fiji Water through Amazon that recurs every two weeks, but they left her high and dry for over 6 weeks. @_@ The bummer there is that she finds the minerals in it help a lot with the arthritis in her hands. gonk  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:26 pm
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

I've been trying to resist watching it myself. I've got other shows and films I've been wanting to watch for some time... and I really don't need to add another series to my long list of things on Netflix. xd

It goes by pretty fast only being 7 eps (well, I guess 8 soon? xd ). I watched it through once, but now I'm re-watching it since my partner got curious. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:03 pm
I don't really keep track of days. Mostly, I've had to work 4-hour days, but I've had to work hard for those days. I've been wearing a mask to stay safe. I've taken to waking up early in the morning to get dressed and play Animal Crossing before work, but lately I've also been addicted to Show by Rock (hence the avatar). I really really want that Cyan Nendoroid for the adorable cat girl version of Cyan shown in the end credits of season one. I wish there was a keychain version of the figure so I could clip her to the top strap of my backpack purse with my other gaming and anime clippies. **sighs**

I miss shopping, mostly at Goodwill, but Walmart, Dollar Tree, and Teen Challenge too. I love thrift shopping! I was once lucky enough to pick up the entirety of the Blackbird manga for twenty dollars and much of my library is owed to Goodwill's ever-changing stock.

Everything on Amazon takes a month to even ship now and it's kinda irritating, cause we already can't go out. I understand why and comply to keep people safe, but I really hope this virus and quarantine don't last too much longer. We're starting to lose our sanity... and Peta is going on an all-out power trip that puts our food industry at risk of collapse. sweatdrop  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:20 pm
Days 24, 25, & 26: Well, I didn't update over the weekend, I guess because I was busy hanging out with my partner and enjoying some time together. I even got him gaming with my brother and I killing zombies in L4D2! He has terrible situational awareness IRL and it translates in-game, creating some hilarity while playing when things go awry. rofl

Last night though my brother and I switched over to a multiplayer game of Dungeon of the Endless. Forgot how much I enjoyed that particular game. And I still have a few cheevos to get! So it may be my new addiction for awhile. It was like seven hours of gameplay, which is more in a sitting than I've done in awhile. Also started the third season of Ozark. 3nodding

My easter photos finally came in the mail yesterday, so I was able to get them ready to ship out. Though I found out I didn't have envelopes?? I thought I remembered buying a bunch, but I can't find them anywhere. So rather than take another trip to the store (I'd gone early to buy discounted Easter candy), I found an old notebook and used lined paper to create envelopes. xd Also put in an online order for more stamps since my stock is running low.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:37 pm
Saikii
and Peta is going on an all-out power trip that puts our food industry at risk of collapse. sweatdrop

eek That sounds bad.

Sounds like that b***h, Carol Baskin, is at it again.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:58 am
Zphal
Saikii
and Peta is going on an all-out power trip that puts our food industry at risk of collapse. sweatdrop

eek That sounds bad.

Sounds like that b***h, Carol Baskin, is at it again.
I was wrong. Turns out Smithfield had a bunch of their employees test positive for Coronavirus, so that's why they had to shut down. Still. Seems awfully convenient for these groups like Peta and ASPCA that have been fighting farmers so they can force veganism for years instead of spending their money on actually helping animals.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff