Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith Touching] Believe in Something Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:35 pm
Amahno - He/Him
Eeeeyyyyy!!! Amahno perked up - if it was possible for the young man to look any more alert over the answer he received from the Teal Glow egg. Well that makes two of us, then! We can go on lots of adventures! Amahno was happy to offer up some of his time from on board the fishing ship he'd worked with his father - and a good dose of the trouble he got into as well. It was like having his own co-conspirator!
------

Fahn - She/Her

Oh! It looked like her brain had run off with half the explanation to her question to Yellow Swirl and Fahn at least attempted to calm herself a little to come back with it. Well you're obviously the best! Is there a sibling egg you like? You must have good taste in who else I should meet, yeah? She'd already touched the best egg, after all, and while she'd not have left it of her own accord....

Fahn didn't want to be kicked out and never get to meet any of them ever again! Oh no!

-------

Josen - He/Him

o-Oh, right! "Thank you very much!" Josen bid, taking the time now to bow again to the Green Tribal egg before he was on the move again this time to meet....well... Pink Striped Green! It seemed to be at least somewhat popular, but that wasn't why he chose to say hello. Really, he hadn't picked any for a particular reason yet.

Getting the right attention over here? Any attention in turn, Josen knew, was lucky to be had. But there was an itch as a Dragonhealer that wanted to make sure the same due was given in turn.

-----

Kadosse - She/Her
Oh! That was...very nice, actually! Kadosse leaned into the little egg, enjoying that calm it offered her. She didn't linger long, however, fully appeased by the relaxed feelings she'd not been expecting. "Thank you," she bid, rubbing the top of its shell before she got up and cautiously, carefully made her way to Gold Stripe not too far off.

Hello! Has anybody been by to say hello to you yet? She hoped that was the case. Certainly it was a lovely egg and the little mind that would touch hers would be just as worthy of admiration. That much, she was sure of.

------

Matotoka - He/Him

Matotoka allowed himself to be pulled in by Orange Leopard Spot, betraying his hunger for such treatment. How selfish, really, to want to be loved when he was so hesitant to give it himself. But he lapped it up. You are far more than just an egg, he assured, knowing it to be true - though perhaps biased by the way it had touched the part of him that was starved to be loved.

Oh, they can be - but I will hope for you the results are fruitful. I fear my relationship with mine has been nothing but trial - and it is as much me as it is him. I cannot build a bridge and he will not allow room for one. All I can do is keep trying, perhaps. Would it understand what he meant by that? Was it something it really wanted to know in the first place?

----

Papys - He/Him

Lots is at least one, so you're off to a good start! Papys answered Purple Galaxy assuredly, looking at his hand and beginning to rub it gently - top to bottom, then back to top. Like this? He would have liked it to get lets of strokes that day, if that was what the egg wanted. Maybe, once the dragon inside hatched, it would also enjoy bathtime with the brush in similar strokes. Hmmmm.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:39 pm
[ candidate alisaide - they/he - HR ]

Well, wasn't this egg just delightful? Being met with the same level of enthusiasm and energy was encouraging, and Alisaide had to smother a small laugh. Oh, it's not rude at all! I don't mind chatting, especially not with such good company. They gave the egg a little pat, still pleased as punch. But you're right, though--I should introduce myself to your siblings while I'm here. I hope you find just the right person for you!
With that, they stepped back, hoping that they'd actually made as good of a first impression as they thought they might have. They turned their attention to the rest of the eggs now, briefly scanning over the vivid shells for their next visit. They chose a close sibling, approaching the Spotted Green Egg.

Hello in there! The egg looked so much more vivid up close, and they couldn't help but be a bit dazzled by the shade. Your egg is lovely. I'm sure you will be, too.  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:44 pm
Rian || High Reaches Weyr || she/her

Hm, so this little one was in no mood to be interacted with right now. That was alright, Rian figured; eggs had a lot of developing to do before they were ready to hatch, right? And not everybody was up to spending time with someone (or anyone) right away, anyway! There was no rush to bother the poor thing. So, the moment she got that firm sense of wanting to be left alone, she moved off, intent on looking elsewhere. There were plenty of other eggs, after all; maybe one of the others would be more interested in saying hello?

She glanced over the clutch briefly, then settled on the Rose egg, wondering what this one would be like. She couldn't even begin to imagine --- personalities varied so much, it would be silly for her to try and guess! She wouldn't mind finding at least one willing to say hello, though; surely one or two would want to be friends? (Alright, so it was a little silly to expect an egg to be ready to make friends, but that didn't stop her from wanting to befriend the little ones. The more friends someone had, the better, right?)

'Hello in there, are you comfortable?' She hoped so, it seemed like it would be pretty unpleasant to be uncomfortable while you were in an egg... And it wasn't like she could help even if it was; besides its parents probably would help if that were the case! Still, it seemed polite to ask, especially since she was reaching out to brush a hand along the top of the shell.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:59 pm
Quote:
Zaexillia [WW] - 16 - she/her/hers - Candidate/Apprentice Healer

What a wonderful sensation! The beautiful creature within reached out to her! Her heart fluttered a little- some secret part of her, filled with hope, was beginning to stretch its wings again. Zae's lips quirked into an amused smile as she continued to stroke the egg. Somehow she was reminded of the children she looked after in the infirmary, and stifled a chuckle. Enjoying yourself? What are you most looking forward to seeing when you hatch? She bowed her head once again, hoping to amuse the Purple Galaxy Egg a little while longer.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:24 am
Quote:
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

You are beautiful. Hopefully the world outside appeals to you, dear. She continued to pat the lovely shell, wishing the confident dragon within all the success in the world.

But it was poor form to linger, and she didn't want to deprive others of the opportunity to meet this soul. Kel moved away, following her feet to greet the beautiful Rose egg next. Wow, aren't you extraordinary. How are you finding the today? Keleres marvelled at the daintiness of the pink markings, tracing the patterns as a smile spread across her face.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:20 am
Zhaydegan - 19 - Western - He/His

It didn't matter how many times Zhaydegan went through it, a Touching was always one of the best days of the Turn. Never really a dour or depressed sort anyway, he was nevertheless even more full of energy than usual. Smiling ear to ear, he kept his head on a swivel, making sure that those he'd befriended -- and a certain sibling -- were doing all right, even as they were all lectured on etiquette. Yes, yes, he thought to himself, though he tried not to fidget. He kew the rules, he understood the rules, and he would obey them. Once let loose, he took a moment to flash a grin at the trio of watching dragons and give them all a bow, making a little flourish with his hand, before he straightened and headed toward the eggs. That one! The big Orange Galaxy Egg. It had caught his attention and that was the way he went.

He hesitated a moment before laying a hand against the vibrant shell. If it was possible, his grin went even wider as he thought, Well, well well. No one could possibly miss you, could they? Look at you, out front and center, bright as the day is long and deserving every eye.

Prism Shine
He's looking for you, Dystzha, when you pop into being. smile

----
Eliaza - 18 - HR - she/her

She'd been prepared, sort of, for the trip toward Western. Prepared enough to only arrive with a case of the hiccups and nothing more embarrassing or disgusting. Adjusting her clothing to make herself as presentable as she could to the trio of --er, trio? -- of dragon parents, she bobbed into a curtsey of respect, color high in her cheeks. That done, she made her way toward the Green Tribal Egg and wiped her hands against her skirt before laying a hand against its surface. Hello, she thought, then winced a little at the wobble in her mental "voice". None of that. Squaring her shoulders, she began again: You have quite the pattern on your shell. It caught my eye right away. I imagine you'll have quite a lot to show us when you hatch, won't you?

----

Ollandin - Western - he/his

Ollandin stuck close to his brother, not out of any real fit of nerves. Dragons, eggs, none of that made him nervous. It was just natural to be close by his twin's side. Like breting or blinking or anything else that, well, came naturally. Still, they couldn't very well walk in lockstep and touch the same egg at the same time could they? So, once they'd been told they could go and touch, he gave his brother a gentle nudge with a shoulder, flashed him a grin, and stepped forward to show his respect to the dragons with a very proper bow18 - . A moment's deliberating and he went to the edge of the gathered clutch, and the little Yellow Swirl Egg. Rather than bending, he pur a knee down before it and touched it carefully, dimple appearing beside his smile. Aren't you beautiful, he thought at it. You glow all by yourself, you know?

Tsunake
For when Ollanmar arrives. smile

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:02 am
Rundanrul | Western

The reply from the large, bright egg was a bit...lackluster. Rundanrul withdrew his hand, not bothered but not excited either. It did take all types to make Pern move and he could recognize the benefits to a reserved dragon, but if it didn't want to engage him he wouldn't engage it further. He thanked it for its time all the same before moving on, his eyes scanning the sands before he headed for Black and Rainbow Swirl Egg. While he knew the size of the shell had nothing to do with the dragon inside, he couldn't help but be drawn to the largest of the babies.

Pressing his hand against the shell - it was so warm, probably thanks to the dark color - Rundanrul focused his thoughts on the dragon inside.

Hello in there. Any tips on touching coming from the most reliable source? Sometimes a bit of flattery went a long way.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:51 am
Nashwa - she/her

Nashwa was glad that the Black and Rainbow Swirl Egg had appreciated the courtesy, and dipped her head in acknowledgement. Of course. And you've quite a few to meet yet, so I won't keep you, but it was a pleasure.

Duly, she moved on to the Gold Striped Egg, which seemed in need of some attention...though whether or not it wanted the company, she would soon find out. She was once again nothing but calm and amiable, but also careful not to be overfamiliar. No overwhelming emotions here, just a warm welcome for the wonderful eggs. This was their day, and it was important that they have a good one. Hello in there, little one. I hope I'm not intruding, but I'd love to make your acquaintance.

Savindri - he/him
Oh, how delightful! Savindri practically beamed at The Orange Leopard Spotted Egg, enjoying every moment of good cheer and of being cooed over. Happy to be in such wonderful company, the young man lingered as long as he could, even stroking the shell a bit, but he knew that rules were rules and he couldn't stay here all day.

So he said his goodbyes for now and on he went, over to the small Rose Egg with its jewel-like tones. Hello! Right in the middle of everything, you are - do you like it?

Elibrie - she/her

...o-oh. Elibrie immediately removed her hand from the Butterfly Egg and stepped back, since she clearly wasn't wanted. It stung a bit to be dismissed so, but it was the egg's right, and so she buried that feeling right down alongside all her other worries. She took a deep breath and righted her posture, and used that to try to set herself just right again. No being out of sorts around eggs!

Keeping close to her sister and Juhvek helped to shore up her confidence, and she intended to stick by them once again. Where Oranie went, she would follow, and surely everything would be alright. Still, she was slightly less passive than she had been for previous affairs, and whispered softly, indicating Sunset Egg, "What do you think about that little one over there?"

It was a lovely color, and not as intimidating a prospect as some of the larger eggs...but if her companions had other preferences, she would follow.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 5:10 am
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

That lovely response seemed to calm her, eyes softening as she gave the egg a loving pat. It was kind to be so kind, and Aelyx certainly appreciated it. With a wave of fondness, the girl turned, her head mulling over different things. Some of these eggs were inspiring her to create a new piece, if only because these shells were so bright an colorful, like Aelyx herself. Others were making her think of the beautiful glimmering gems she often saw from friends. Grinning, she moved on from the first egg to the Spotted Green Egg laying her hand on its shell. Her case of nerves was gone. This was terribly nice, and she was feeling rather confident.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:12 am
Aerden - he/his

The excitement surrounded him at once, and Aerden's lips twitched upward. He was doing well, thank you. He hoped the egg continued to have a good day--there were so many people still waiting to touch it. He soon made his way to the Green Tribal Egg, laying his palm against the shell. Good morning. Hopefully the egg was doing well.

--

Bukichi he/his

Bukichi removed his hand after he felt the egg had gotten a good look at him, not intending to linger. The Golden Flourish egg would be his next stop, fingertips brushing the shell. These eggs were destined for big things. Important things.

--

Serrekhar he/his

Serrekhar nearly jumped out of his skin at the excited zap of energy, not expecting it. Wow! But who could blame the baby for being so jazzed? Serrekhar couldn't. It was pretty bright out here! Uh... He tried to imagine the Sands for the baby, with all the bright shells and people milling about... Did that kinda help, Teal Glow?

--

Oranie she/her

Oh!

Oranie removed her hand at once, surprised. She glanced at Elibrie and Juhvek, looking positively bewildered, but respected the egg's request. Before she could even think to start moving, Elibrie gestured at a pretty egg (not that they weren't all pretty), and her face split into a smile.

"It's beautiful! Shall we go say hello?" She whispered back, slowly approaching the egg in question. Hopefully the Sunset Egg wouldn't mind being touched.... Oranie hated the thought of disturbing it.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:39 am
Juhvek - He/Him

Well. That egg had some opinions and frankly, Juhvek wasn't taking any of them personally. "Well good day to you never the less," he stated firmly - and out loud - mostly for the benefit of both of the girls. His opinion was mostly non-existent, really.

But it looked like the girls had some interest is another of the eggs and one not too far off. "Of course," he agreed to Oranie and Elibrie's suggestion they should go take a gander at it. He fell into line behind them, like some sort of herding canine that was keeping his little flock in order. He made sure both girls got their hand on the egg first before placing his...somewhat over both of theirs on top of Sunset, really.

If he looked a little protective, well....he'd never been to Western Weyr and he was really there to watch after the pair. Though he didn't get the impression this egg would dismiss them like the last had. As long as it was being good to the two girls, he didn't care particularly what opinion it had of him.

Tsunake

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 am
Elibrie - she/her

"It's alright. I just hope no one comes and really bothers it." If it didn't want to be touched, it might well end up having a very bad day, unless maybe its perfect person came to it. But clearly none of them were it, so they'd leave it be. Elibrie smiled brightly when her sister agreed to go and see the Sunset Egg, already feeling a bit better just for that.

This time, when she laid her hand on this shell, she did so very carefully, almost shyly. She didn't want to offend another egg, or be dismissed...though it had been Butterfly's right, of course, to want her to go away. Is it okay if we say hello? I'd love to meet you, but I understand if you don't want to meet me.

She was just Elibrie, after all.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:57 am
Rykin

Oh! He almost pulled his hand away in surprise, but in the end he managed to keep still as he replied. That's the noblest of goals, Rykin told the Pink Striped Green. I'm sure that once you're out of your shell, you'll find who you're looking for. He smiled a little, even though the dragon couldn't see. There were plenty of dutiful future riders already running around the candidate barracks, and more arrived every day.

With a respectful farewell, Rykin removed his hand and continued on, touching the neighboring Pink Striped Egg.

Are you having a good day? It's very exciting for all of us. He paused, wondering if he should be speaking for everyone else. Or exciting for me, at least. He gave the egg a pat.

Brenley

He blinked rapidly, fighting to keep from pushing back at the dragon's cloying mental embrace. That would be bad, and if there was one thing he wanted to do here, it was stick to protocol. It was rather intriguing the way that he seemed to forget just how strange it was to share his mind with someone else, no matter how short the time between hatchings, but that was something to dissect later. He would get used to it, yet again. Shards, he had even offered hugs of his own before some of the past touchings were through.

I'm all right. Really. It's just Rukbat shining off of you quite insistently. You'll see it for yourself soon enough. Thank you though. Bren swallowed. I'll let you move on to... His gaze flicked to an approaching candidate and he withdrew swiftly, sliding over to the Black and Rainbow Swirl Egg. Much easier on the eyes.

Hello. I hope you're well. I'm... He was very distracted, but he forced himself to focus. Today was all about the eggs. I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance. I hope you're comfortable?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:14 am
Allamor - He/Him

“I would love to spend some more time with you. But then A’ral would get upset and pull me from the Sands and I wouldn’t be able to visit any of your siblings. Wouldn’t that be sad?” Allamor was delighted with the Purple and Teal Swirl Egg. It was such a good egg.

Moving on though because he had many more good eggs to meet, Allmor shifted to the Purple glitter Egg and greeted it as he placed his hand on the egg. “Hello! Pleasure to meet you on this fine day.”

—-

Nuamia - She/Her

Nuamia smiled happily. Such a polite egg. “It is indeed rude to keep others waiting. Off I go!” With a half bow she turned to greet a new egg. She practically skipped over to the Golden flourish Egg and gave this egg a little bow as well. “This is a lovely day for us. I hope it is for you as well.”

—-

Heleste - She/Her

Heleste was glad that the egg was having a good day. She knew that sometimes eggs would not enjoy touchings and she hoped that those eggs would be respected. But this egg was happy and that made Heleste happy.

Heleste gave the egg a fond pat before walking over to Gold striped Egg and said, “Hello hello. Please let me know if you would like to cut this short.”

—-

Remdianori - He/Him

Oh. This was an egg that new it’s worth. Remdianori was thrilled to meet this egg. And first! A good way to start the day. “If I have time, I’ll visit again, little one.” He gave a little wave as he departed and went to the next egg.

The Rose Egg was next. Partially hidden in the sands it was still obviously a gorgeous egg. He had to bend over to touch the egg and didn’t mind at all. “Hello. It is an honor to meet you.”  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:37 am
Dextelia||She/Her||High Reaches Weyr

A smile spread across Dextelia's face at the response from the egg. The sand did look inviting, though the young girl knew it was hotter then what she could tolerate for long. Thanking the egg for sharing it's presence for just a moment she moved on.

Golden Flourish egg was the one Dextelia found next, placing her palm against the shell. 'You and your siblings shells are so beautiful.' She let the words move from her as well as the friendliness she felt towards just about anyone she met.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff