Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 pm
Zhaydegan

It was impossible to smile more broadly than he already was, but he gave it a decent try as he leaned against Savindri. Briefly. It was too hot on the Sands to risk long-time contact. They also made a bigger target together, if it came to that, but for the moment? Yep. Content to ean. And happy to answer, "Always ready. Born ready. I half feel like I'm holding my breath when there are eggs on the Sands until someone starts humming. So yeah. Let's do this!"

Meepfur

----

Ollandin

He looked out at the Sands too, gaze skimming over the shells until it rested on the big purple shell. He thought, then tipped his head a little. "I don't know. Maybe." He looked back at his brother. "You got look at me off that one, huh?" He looked again then shook his head. "I think whoever in there is waiting until the end."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:25 pm
Vosin of Gold Killakeeth
It didn't take long for the massive gold to pick up on what was about to happen. Nor to inform her rider. It's time, she told her red-headed rider. The pair quickly made their way to the stands where the queen could find a large enough spot for her bulk. Vosin peered down the clutch eagerly. She couldn't wait to see the dragons that hatched! The woman settled herself against a large foreleg as the most comfortable seat in the house.

N'den of Brown Belengath
The eggs were hatching! Belengath and his rider made their way over to the hatchings sands and found a suitable perch. N'den wanted to be able to see his offspring impress today. He was sure they would.

Belengath added his voice to the other dragon's. Best of luck, the brown sent to his rider's offspring. Perhaps one of them would walk away with their dragon this day.

Sweet Symmetry

Rinis of Green Galensith
Was it really only a turn ago she'd been standing down there and a beautiful green had picked her out? Rinis leaned against Galensith, who assured her it was. Now it was some other candidate's day of joy. Rinis silently wished them all well.

Aukai Oceansoul
L'saen come watching hatching?

(All my riders are open for interactions!)  

magnadearel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:29 pm
Rasthell
This was it.

Another Hatching, another time to face down the dragonets--and hopefully avoid injury (or worse) if any of them were particularly riled. He rushed to changing into his white Candidate robe, and slip on the thinnest of sandals. Some Candidates were wondering what to think or what to do, but Rasthell wasn't worried. He would be happy to meet them, happy to see them, and would try to think as happy as thoughts he could...

But he still felt that touch of fear in his heart. D'zol would surely be there--and while part of him wondered if the bluerider ever thought of him, of what they had, or felt any regret--he also wondered if maybe, still standing all these Turns later, it wasn't simply proof of not being enough. He didn't have long left at Western, and the man almost wondered if he just simply wasn't meant to Impress.

But those thoughts weren't going to draw any dragonets to him. Instead, Rasthell tried hard to steel his thoughts. Even if he didn't Impress, the babies would be a welcome sight. This was their day, their moment... All this time, he wondered what they might be like, and what colors. No matter the outcome, this was an experience not everyone got to have--and having a front-and-center experience would be memorable Turns down the road.

Once allowed on the Sands, he gave a bow, and moved to find a spot on the Sands.

- - - - -

Rahimar
Rahimar's eagerness to be on the Sands in front of the eggs was well contained beneath an air of confidence. While he couldn't guarantee His was in one of the eggs, even if not, he was certainly one Hatching Closer to that big day. And the black haired, broad-shouldered man honestly had little fear that the special day wouldn't come. Some might look upon him poorly for thinking so highly of himself--but what wasn't to love? If anyone could make a solid rider, it would be Rahimar.

Fearless as ever, the man gave a low bow to Khamaith, Baihath, and Turoth--before stepping onto the hot Sands. The Sands were awfully hot, but Rahimar didn't mind. With the crowd of spectators fast filling up the tiers, the man felt no trepidation. To be the center of attention was something he had adored growing up, so he was quite at home in the limelight. His eyes were on the eggs, and he found himself next to another in a white robe.

He found himself standing next to Amahno--at least he was pretty sure that was his name. "At least they chose a decent hour to hatch," He mused quietly. It wasn't a true criticism of past Hatchings, but there was a bit of appreciation in his words. There was no middle-of-the-night blear to shake off; no struggle to fight down down exhaustion or hide a rogue yawn.

While his focus was fully on the eggs--there wasn't much any of them could do before they hatched. They were wanted, they were loved, and they would be amazing... as soon as they stepped out of their shells.

demon_pachabel

Valendyr
Encouraging his fair to stay away until he left the Sands, Valendyr did his best to keep his nerves bundled up. He quietly hoped that maybe--just maybe--he might find His in one of the beautiful shells. And yet, he dared not let himself think too loudly. The high of a Hatching could also be followed by a swift low of failing to Impress--but with the amount of Candidates out there, versus the amount of eggs before them...well.... There were a great may who would walk away empty handed.

His eyes scanned the crowd for Z'ri--hoping the bluerider might be there. He also hoped his sister might make an appearance, or at least be easily visible. With the tiers filling up, it was getting harder and harder to pick out individuals--and he did want to focus on the eggs.

Finding himself not far from Allamor, Valendyr gave a little nod. He did wonder which egg would crack first--or which one might even give a wiggle. There was no telling how long they'd be kept waiting.

faesinger

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:31 pm
Jemaselle High Reaches - She/Her

Jemi cracked her back and then cracked her knuckles, listening to them pop as she headed toward the candidate barracks to change. One change into the white robe and sandals later, she was heading out to the sands. Things mostly kept the same, no matter where they went it seemed.

Sure the Weyr was different but the rules and the general situation was the same. She looked out at the eggs, they were moving nicely and then out over the sands and then the sea of candidates. Thing were going to never to be the same for so many people this turn.

Maybe they would change for her.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:33 pm
Surel - Western

The longer she stood on the sands, the more Surel could feel the anxiety starting to creep up like a cold, skeletal hand around her throat. Her excitement would push it down as more Candidates took to the sands, as the murmurs from the stands above got a little louder, as the proud mother, father, and mate waited and hummed together. It was a strange little war and she knew she needed to distract herself from it so as not to stress out the babies that would soon be joining them.

Glancing to her left, Surel spotted Etansi just a few paces away. The other Candidate seemed to be staring...through the eggs, her mind elsewhere, expression a bit stiff and posture to match. She debated engaging with her, knowing her history with the mother of the clutch, but decided to go for it anyway. It looked like she could use a distraction and Surel sure could!

"Exciting, isn't it?" she said in a stage whisper, offering Etansi a broad smile, amber eyes bright in the midday sun. "Did you have a favorite at the Touching?"

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:39 pm
Martirae and Anakumath

Purples immediately whirled into the smaller gold's eyes as she half-stood to greet the touch of Kleoth's head against her's. Hello, darling! Anakumath greeted fondly, allowing her head to duck underneath Kleoth's chin and running the top of it along her lower jaw with a soft hum.

Find someone fun? Marty asked, leaning back to peer back up at Anakumath and the somewhat familiar gold that was now on the ledge with her. You did, I see. Good. That Elzebuth hadn't come had been a bit of a sour note for Anakumath, who was already preparing to tell her love about all of the little ones when she returned home.

I am happy to be back again! How many little ones to have under foot! It is wonderful, isn't it? Yes, she was excited to see little baby dragons. To wonder after it for herself.

-----

Aryale of Yaguareth

As Bukichi lifted a hand to wave, Aryale waved back. Yaguareth, for her part, relayed his thoughts back to her and she smiled. Good. She was here for him no matter what came of the day - but she was glad to know he knew it.

Tsunake

-----

M'nr of Cordrath

He'd not have missed this day for anything. You're getting old, Cordrath. Grandkids! M'nr teased the bronze as he peered over the ledges, trying to find a familiar form, a familiar sheen, a beauty that made his hearts pine from the rising of the day to the next.

Susurinth, my dear, may I join you? Perhaps he would spot her before she answered. Perhaps she would have found a handsome younger Western bronze to settle with instead. Not that he thought she would for any reason but to keep his spot warm.

Hmm.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:39 pm
En'cai of bronze Spurth - Western

The timing could not have been worse, as far as Spurth was concerned.. Hatchinggs were a favorite thing, seeing all the new little noses break through their shells. Tiny inquisitive minds metting with their new partners. The bronze wasn't always sentimental, but Hatchings brought it out of him.

And he couldn't be there.

You promise you'll tell me everything, the bronze aske for the umpteenth time.

I promise, En'cai answered, matching each begged request with a sincere answer. Nw promise me that you're resting.

His dragon heaved a weighty sigh but answered with a petulant, [volor=brown]I am resting, Mine. Like a good dragon. Rest rest yawn rest.

Then Z'haq was there and En'cai's expression split with a grin. "If I have to get woken up for anything, I'm happier for it to be a Hatching rather than a nasty storm or Thread," he allowed. "But this is nice. This is great." Though he didn't have to, he shifted over a little on the bench to make room for Z'haq. He was alwats at least a little aware of how much space he commanded, even sitting. "Got any favorites out there this time?"

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:49 pm
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth, Western

Z'haq beamed at the big bronzerider. "No favorites, but I have my bets in," he grinned. "You know me, can't pass up a chance to gamble my marks away." He gazed out over the Candidates anyway, eyeing this one and that one as if they might stand a chance of being the ones to win this time.

"What about you? You got any favorites? Any predictions?" Z'haq's grin grew wider and his expression sly, knowing full well he was trying to wheedle bets out of En'cai.

I can help keep you up to date as well, Spurth, Eorawth informed the injured bronze from his position with the other dragons. I might get a better view than Yours, and the dragonets will be open with their thoughts and feelings.

Samuel Carlin

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:51 pm
Etansi

Having words spoken so close to her, directly at her, nearly jarred Etansi out of her skin. Her mind had been somewhat inward focused as she worked hard to keep her emotions on just pleasant and welcoming, now a flurry of confusion and finally recognition settled as she glanced over and down at Surel. Her dark eyes blinked a couple of times into the amber ones before she nodded.

"Always exciting, but nerve wracking too." Etansi allowed, glancing over at the eggs and then around at the surrounding candidates. "Hmmm... liked a couple, but all the eggs are good. Had one you clicked with?"

There was some concern in her for connecting with an egg. She'd never had a connection from touching any shell any of the times she had, but she'd heard others say they liked one or another because of that. Because of what the egg had implied or what they'd felt. It was little wonder that she was so edgy thinking about it. If they had something inside them personality wise that she didn't.

SilverLutz

Pavari & Susurinth

Up on one a large ledge, somewhat further away despite herself, Susurinth watched with swirling purple and blues in her eyes at her two children and their eggs. Khamaith had done well and chosen an experienced bronze who had happily stayed with she and Baihath, it warmed both of her hearts to watch. Reminded her of Cordrath with his steady presence and warm hearts, which she sent a warm welcome to, her handsome bronze. It had been so long.

We've waited all this time, Cordrath. If you found somewhere else to lay then I would simply come to you. This spot is all warmed up for you. One of her giant wings lifted, gleaming in the light to draw him near. Thread had scored and marked both of them but he was as beautiful as the first time she'd seen him streak into the sunset sky to chase her. Her hearts could have filled the entire cavern with love if she let them, but no such emotions would slip past the bubble of she and her bronze.

Susurinth had waited so long to see him once more.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:55 pm

It was no surprise that the Teal Glow Egg would be the first to wriggle. In fact, it wasn't just a tentative push, but a full-force shake. Wiggle. Wiggle. Wigglewigglewigglewiggle. The egg would rock back and forth, faster and faster, as the being inside quite suddenly seemed to wake up.

Things. Were. HAPPENING! Faster! FASTER! Must. Go. Faster!

And indeed, the egg would shake, lurch, and pitch in an almost fevered fashion.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:57 pm
Niviora - She/Her - Western

She’s mostly done with her meal when she feels Royalty begin to hum across her shoulders, a bass-y deep thrum that shakes her chest and makes her startle slightly. The time had come once more, and she’s slower to rise than her fellow candidates. Her fall down the stairs had humbled her somewhat, and while she was hoping she wouldn’t be limping -- or even as bad as the purpling around her pale ankle was -- she’s doing her best to slip the robes and sandals on. With everyone’s attentions elsewhere, she gave Royalty a cuddle and left the firelizard on her cot with a soft stay.

Bowing to Khamaith had been quite an interesting feat, managing to not tip over as she gave her respect to the queen, as well as her mate and sire -- three regal-looking parents, and she couldn’t help but be curious about the babies in the shells. Even if her gaze flickered to Golden Flourish, then around at the gathered candidates.

While attentions would be more centered on the eggs hatching, she could at least pick a favorable company, and one she had found herself gravitating to for some turns. Even with all the candidates milling and finding places to stand, it should have been something of a shame to find him as easily as it did. That wasn’t a thought to dissect today, however.

“Aww, haven’t gotten someone to fill my place yet, Sunshine?”

----

Dystzha - She/Her - Western

The humming felt like a kickstart for her own heart, as Dystzha had practically flown from her seat to where her candidate attire was waiting. Shucking her clothes in favor for her white robes and sandals had been easy, and she was practiced with a few hatchings under her belt already. There’s a small bounce to her steps as she follows the candidate mob down to the hatching grounds -- nodding her own acceptance to A’ral’s words before they’re moving once more.

She laughs, quietly as she can while her feet hit the sand, at Zhaydegan, absolutely beaming at her older brother. “I’m absolutely ready. I was born ready.” Ever since the touching, she couldn’t wait. It seemed like the eggs had taken their sweet time, but it would be worth it to see those shells crack open and see the babies inside. She swoops to bow to Khamaith, lingering at Zhay’s side as she looked around for her other friend and --- Dyystzha’s eyes lit up finding Etansi, waving to Zhaydegan. “Catch up later, yeah? Good luck!!” Though she was competitive to her core, she wanted Zhay to be safe, and maybe find some luck on the sands with her today.

“Etansi!” She’s shuffling over to the side, beaming at the other girl. All the way on the side, hm. Well, Dys wasn’t very tall, but she could at least see the eggs somewhat! “I can’t wait to see them. Which do you think will hatch first? I think…. Hm. Maybe the big purple sparkly one.” Spying her companion, Dystzha waved at Surel. “Hiya!”

---

Shoxiel - He/His - Western

Watching his firelizard dive and soar with Capek, catching the ball to tear it open and retrieve the treats, was something that Shoxiel was beginning to enjoy more and more. Little tricks and training that made her a deceptive cutie. She landed on his offered arm, minding her nails somewhat with the treat ball in her mouth, as Keeper began to hum. The vibrato of dragon voices wasn’t far behind, as he turned to look at Loctius -- and nodded.

Changing quickly, excitement making him hot-footed, he smoothed down his robes incessantly as he slipped into the sandals. “Sorry, Keeper. You know the rules.” He kissed her on her head, giving her a gentle nudge to go find Capek and only mildly thinking he may regret what the pair could get up to later. For now, he turned his sights on melding into the crowd of candidates to make his way down to the hatching grounds.

The sight of a queen and her eggs was still breathtaking, there was no doubt. Looking at Khamaith, flanked by her boys, had him bowing deeping in respect, and could only wish a happy, and safe, hatching. A’ral’s warnings were clear in his head, and though he took his lessons to heart, he would pay extra care to mind himself today. Between the candidate master and his own mother, he did his best to do as he was told. He takes the barest pause before coming to stand at Loctius’ elbow, even if he stayed quiet.

---

Iskernyk - He/His - Unaffiliated Standidate

It was nothing short of an honor to be invited to a hatching, especially when Western had been so lucky to have two in just the half a turn so far. It was in danger of near becoming his second home, if not for his duties. But to have such sweet friends, to be able to plunk his thin butt down to take notes and celebrate at the hatching feast? Certainly the highlights of his turn, a break in the routine of his life. He’d arrived a few days ago, delighted to see K’ent and Cyxiiryniadrith once more -- lavishing them both with stories he could drum up from his time apart from his dear friends.

So it’s with sheer delight when the humming started, Iskernyk was quick to make his way down to the hatching grounds and up into the stands. Sitting himself against K’ent, the sheer excitement in his smile is absolutely beaming as he bumps shoulders with the rider. “Seems like you got me just in time.” He’s laughing, hand patting the cloth of his deep red pants. His gaze is skimming around, curious to see where T’sar might have plunked himself down before turning an eye on the filling candidates. His gaze is flitting over, curious to find the one he had nearly bowled over some time ago -- and perhaps maybe see the candidate find His today.

Spockat
For Loctius and K’ent

SilverLutz
For Vimeran and looking for T’sar

Smerdle
Small tag for looking out for Brenley!

Samuel Carlin
For Zhay! She gotta go talk to that crush fren

Hattaki
For crush
fren Etansi :3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:58 pm
Rykin

Maybe it was because he had gotten a full night's sleep the night before this hatching, but Rykin was feeling pretty positive about being here, much as he had before the touching. It was easy to override his nerves with happy thoughts as he stepped out onto the sands, and following his bows to Khamaith and her entourage, he even peeked up into the stands and across the crowd of candidates, looking for his sister and nieces. Family couldn't hold him for long, however, and soon he was watching the gently wobbling Teal Glow with all of his attention, waiting to see if it would also be the first to crack.

Brenley

As he walked toward the sands, spine straight and gaze boring into the back of the candidate's head in front of him, Brenley pondered A'ral's network of dragonspies, of all things. How could he be so sure that they had been the ones who had set the eggs off at the Touching? It felt rather unfair. The candidates weren't animals, after all. Well... most of them weren't.

Anyway, he would not be the one to cause trouble now. His mind carefully blank, the boy bowed to all three clutchparents and chose a spot reasonably close to the healers.

Aleyath and Kree

High above the sands on a ledge by himself perched Aleyath, a much smaller flit even higher atop his head. While he was excited to watch a new batch of hatchlings come into the world, the accusations of Killakeeth's golden daughter still prickled a year later. If no one could see him, his curiosity would not be mistaken for covetousness, right? With a happy little hum, the brown settled in to see which of Khamaith's children broke shell first.

K'bet and Rubiginth

It had been a little more than a year since K'bet had worked on the script for his dragon-centric stage play, and for very good reason. Hatchings had once been depressing affairs full of disappointment, but this one—his first since Impressing himself—felt rather exciting. Of course, that just might have been the work of the bouncy blue sharing his thoughts. Rubiginth had requested rather frantically that they come to Khamaith's hatching, insisting that it was time for K'bet to start writing again, but the man could hardly concentrate with his dragon's enthusiasm buzzing in his head, let alone take meaningful notes.

Just sit back and enjoy the show! I'll remember for the both of us!

K'bet briefly wondered why he had to be in the stands at all if Rubiginth was going to be the only one properly paying attention, but he tried to make himself comfortable anyway, patting at the dark firelizard nestled in his lap.

Smerdle

Scamp

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:02 pm

After the emotions stirred up by the Touching, Orryxa had managed to get herself back together. If it was due in no small part to the stolid support of her father, well, so much the better. She glanced up at the Stands, searching for both O'dyn and Tosk, hoping they might both be in attendance. Certainly Usurianth was old enough to watch, wasn't he?

Listening carefully to the Candidatemaster's speech, Orry felt ashamed that each and every one of his requests was necessary. Promising herself that she'd manage to follow each and every instruction, she lined up to join the queue to the Hatching Sands. When it was her turn, she bowed deeply to the golden mother, aware that it was Khamaith's first Hatching and wanting it to go well. Then, out of courtesy, she bowed to both Baihath and Turoth as well.

When she had satisfied herself she'd done her duty, she quietly crossed the Hatching Sands to settle near Rasthell. "Hey," she said softly, watching the movement on the Sands. Oh! Oh, look! An egg was actually shaking. Orry knew the feeling, too! She was every bit as excited, if not a bit trepidatious. The latter would wear off soon enough, just as soon as she'd settled in.

Uta
Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:04 pm
Amahno

Amahno had noticed a certain someone hadn't joined him, and made pointed pleading eyes at Nashwa. Sure, she didn't have food right then, but her company was just as good. Said look wouldn't last long, however, as he was soon interupted by the approach of another candidate...hmmmm....what was his name again. Rahimar? Something like that!

"You don't want to wake up right after getting to sleep to come watch baby dragons hatch?" he asked, his tone entirely playful and wiggling his fingers as he spoke. "Actually, I prefer right now too. It's a good time for baby dragons."

Any time was a good time for baby dragons. Especially that little egg that had begun to wiggle. "Hey! That was a fun lil' buddy. Did you get to touch that one?" Amahno asked. Maybe Teal Glow Egg's inhabitant would still want to go on adventures and do crimes with him!
Uta

Meepfur

----

Juhvek

Juhvek nodded to both girls, reaching out to squeeze their shoulders as they settled in with him. "First egg is moving. Are you ready?" he asked, still calm and collected about it all. He was certain they were, even if they perhaps needed a bit of assurance from him.

Meepfur

Tsunake

-----

Josen

"Of course I'm ready. Aren't you?" Josen was sure everybody was ready in some capacity, though not all of them. His stomach was all ajitter and the rocking of the first egg just amped up the feeling even more.

"Here it goes. Did you meet that little one?" he asked, nudging Serrekhar again.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:09 pm
M'nr and Cordrath

Why would I pick to be anywhere but in the best seat of all? Cordrath hummed as he carefully landed on the perch Susurinth had chosen, settling awkwardly with his unbalanced legs to greet her with a nuzzle. Certainly, the grandchildren were exciting....but Susurinth's company was far more enthralling to him.

Greeting finished, he repositioned himself ungracefully before laying down at her side, his tail twining with hers as he watched on proudly. What a sight it was, and it was made all the better by the warmth of his beloved by his side.

Look at them all. How wonderful a legacy. he hummed with pride.

Hattaki

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces