Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ASIAN DRAMAS
So I started watching 'W'... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hexenzirkel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:42 am
Joyless Deception
Hecate Chiaramonti
Joyless Deception
Hecate Chiaramonti
Joyless Deception
Hecate Chiaramonti

An' it harm none...

User Image

@ Nena: Yeah, I saw that. Maybe I'm judging it too harshly based on what I've seen and read, so I should give it its fair shot eventually...

@Joyless: I totally recommend it. You will likely die of angst. The "supernatural" aspect is done rather well, too. (Hint: it's not actually supernatural at all. Kind of).

Do what ye will...

I added it to my Netflix list =D
Like I said, apparently I love melodramas so it making me cry is actually a plus XD

Where do you watch your dramas, if you don't mind me asking. I use Netflix and Viki.

Also, you should give Odyssey a chance. I really liked it, gave me some warm fuzzies.

An' it harm none...

User Image

I used to use Viki, but then bad things happened so now I go for the totally free alternative for dramanice.co

And if you like melodrama... Oh honey... You better go watch Scent of a Woman starring Lee Dong-Wook and Sun-ah Kim. That is melodrama INCARNATE. THINGS HAPPEN IN THAT DRAMA. And you will find yourself LOVING Sun-ah Kim's character and relating to her and rooting for her and wanting to BE her even though being her likely isn't a good idea...

Do what ye will...

Gotcha. I bookmarked Dramanice, there's some dramas that are hard to find on Netflix and Viki (like Moon Lovers).

Added it to my list XD I'm never going to get anything done, just watch dramas. Should seriously work on learning to understand Korean at this point.

An' it harm none...

User Image

I've actually been meaning to learn Hangul myself.

Do what ye will...

I sort of know some, but pronunciation is complicated... Especially because in English we tend to almost over enunciate. I also end up rolling my 'R's a lot when I try to say non-English words XD

An' it harm none...

User Image

Oh I get it. I'm a Spanish speaker natively so me and the R's roll all around.

Pronunciation in Hangul IS complex, though. And the words can be so long...

Do what ye will...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:06 pm
Hecate Chiaramonti
An' it harm none...

User Image

Do what ye will...

Oh gosh, I just started out in French school (in an English speaking community), I can't imagine if I natively spoke a Romance language.

Also, some Hangul has two sounds; which are similar, but to an English speaker feel very distinct.

Eg: ㄱ = K or G  

joyless deception

Angelic Allegiant

Hexenzirkel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:54 am
Joyless Deception
Hecate Chiaramonti
An' it harm none...

User Image

Do what ye will...

Oh gosh, I just started out in French school (in an English speaking community), I can't imagine if I natively spoke a Romance language.

Also, some Hangul has two sounds; which are similar, but to an English speaker feel very distinct.

Eg: ㄱ = K or G

An' it harm none...

User Image

The benefit of learning a romance language is that the alphabet is largely the same to English, so you won't have such a hard time spelling things out. Get ready for lots of conjugations and connotations and... Just... A lot. But once you have the grammar down, everything else slips into place quite easily.

And yeah, I read that. I've been heavily slacking on my language lessons in general. I know Spanish and English fluently, and my Italian is conversational at best (though I can read it and understand it written pretty well). I want to get back into learning Hangul but the issue is not having a dedicated partner for it. Another issue is if I can even dedicate myself to it at all...

Do what ye will...

✩ ASIAN DRAMAS

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces