Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Touching] Come Forth to Contemplate Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:47 pm
Vannek

Respectful, quiet, slow. He was very good at all three. Fancy that.

Vannek trailed near the end of the candidate line, bowing deeply to Anakumath and her brown as he entered the sands. He circled the clutch, looking for an egg that drew him more than the rest, but all of them were singularly compelling. Eventually, he chose the Number 2 Pencil Egg simply because there wasn't that large of a crowd around it and he didn't want to be tempted to chat with anyone but the dragons.

He leaned in close, placing his hands on the warm shell in front of him and whispering to the creature inside.

"Hello, can you hear me?" He grinned, thinking this was wonderful and wildly silly all at once. "Doing all right?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:13 pm
Whren

A soft sigh escaped him as he pulled his hand away as asked and remained frozen and indecisive. He looked over the clutch, to the parents, to F'dal, to everyone. He shook his head and started walking, past the eggplant and sunshine and kept going, till he reached the stands. He sighed, tired and hurt and just started up the steps.

Till he reached to highest tier he could reached by foot and swung his feet over the edge, looking away and up. He sighed, eyes closing tight and tried to bite down everything, letting the bitterness of the weather kiss his skin as he waited for it to end.

He just... wasn't able to be good company for impressable eggs at the moment.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:31 pm
#2 Pencil Egg
The egg would immediately turn to 'regard' Haveli and press against her hands. There was no hesitation, no coyness here--nothing but a tingle of intrigue. The egg would reach out to draw the girl closer, unafraid. This egg is here for no one but itself, and knows exactly what it wants. Right now, it wants attention and Haveli was good enough to give it. But what does Haveli want? There are so many walls it's hard to tell.
houllow

Orange Slice Egg
Oh! Mother. She's been ever so loving, and father has been nothing but sublime. There's a warmth about this egg that has nothing to do with the heat of the sands and everything to do with its clear love for its clutch parents. This egg has a most wonderful family. What of Cetra? Does Cetra have family to support her too?
demon_pachabel

Moo Cow Egg
What of it? The reply would be swift and churlish, accompanied by what could only be considered a smack against Juhvek's touch. Hands off! This egg doesn't want to do this stupid ritual.
demon_pachabel

Orange Slice Egg
Ah yes, the sands were more than comfortable. The egg would wrap Shaye up in the congenial warmth it was exuding over those nearest to it. Its mother was more than capable and quite doting to it and its clutchmates every need. What of Shaye though? It is an exciting time, isn't it? This tradition is one of the great ones, and how lucky for them both to be here!
tatterpixie

90s Picture Day Egg
Oh! Oh, hello! The egg would press against Dehka's touch, and he would find the softest, but most genuine and gentle wave of fondness from the egg. It hadn't expected someone to move to it so soon, but is ever so glad that Dehka is there! Are you excited to meet them? This egg is certainly so overjoyed to finally get to meet all these wonderful Candidates. Such treasures they are, truly, and Dehka is no exception.
Tsunake

Moo Cow Egg
Likewise to this Candidate, the Moo Cow egg seemed to be in no mood to be bothered. Once again, the egg would give what could only be akin as a "bite" through the shell. No, it isn't, now scram.
Tsunake

90s Picture Egg
The egg would seem surprised by Versha's touch, but immediately send a soft tendril of gentility and affection towards her. Oh, how kind of you to say hello. This egg will hope, for Versha's sake, that she will find her match too. It isn't very fun to be alone, but she can sit next to this egg if she needs someone to lean against or a little tender support. It is a wonderful day for a touching, of course... and this egg is all the more happy to have so many new friends, already.
SilverLutz

#2 Pencil
Though the egg had its attention on Haveli, it did not hestiate to wrap Valian up, surrounding him so he might be encouraged to linger. Why hello there to you too! What good taste you must have to approach this one first. Perhaps you too might wish to stay? It does rather deserve to be the star, don't you think? Maybe you can help get it a bit more sand? Go take a few scoops from some of its cluchmates wallows. You'd do that for this egg, wouldn't you?
Prism Shine

Orange Slice Egg
Suyua would be met with warmth and good-natured pleasure. This egg was thrilled there were so many eager Candidates, especially for such a time-honored tradition. You couldn't be a bother if you tried! This might be a big day for the eggs, but it was just as big a day for the Candidates. They were all in this together.
Hattaki

#2 Pencil Egg
The egg would be pleased to feel the touch of Vannek, and was more than happy to encourage him to linger. Of course its doing all right--it is an egg, and today is Touching Day. How good of Vannek to be here. But what is so silly about this, pray tell? If an egg could arch a brow, it's clear this egg would be doing it. Don't dawdle. Speak.

Smerdle

F'dral and bronze Sinrunth
F'dral stood, arm's crossed, pacing in what might only be considered ferally around the Candidates. He was keeping an eye out on each of them, ready to jump in as soon as something--anything--happened.

Sinrunth noticed Whren first, and notified His at once.

F'dral's frown deepened.

Reaching out, the bronze dragon asked the boy, You've had enough then, I take it? The bronze stared pointedly at Whren from where he was perched in the rafters, helping keep an eye on activity from above. He didn't know what might have happened, and part of the bronze did not care--but he needed to make sure the boy understood that making such a scene as going to the top of the tiers, was resolutely, him ending his chance to touch the eggs entirely.
Shaddaling

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:32 pm
Whren

Whren exhaled, making a move to speak and choked instead. He slumped, 'I know,' he thought finally, opening his eyes, regardless of the tears and wetness. 'I just, rather not let my own stupid mood ruin things for everyone else.' He shut them tight, fingers digging into the edges of his hair, tangling the fine strands in his fingers. 'Be worst if I did this on the sands.'

Uta

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:45 pm
Shaye -- HR, she/her

Shaye was surprised and impressed by the response from the infant inside the bright orange egg. It was indeed an exciting time, even if she had walked onto the Sands just a tiny, tiny bit jaded with the whole thing. If she thought about it, she really was carrying on one of the grand traditions of Pern -- meeting the new clutch and hopefully bonding with one of the baby dragons before they hatched. "Yeah, I guess we are lucky," she nodded, suddenly filled with a sense of awe. "It's remarkable that I'm communicating with you now. A wonder." She ran her hand over the shell. "Thank you, I think I'm going to be approaching your siblings a little differently now."

With that, she nodded a bow to the egg, holding the wonder of following an ages old tradition in her mind as she stepped away. She turned and looked over the other eggs before approaching the Corn Egg. Shaye touched the golden patterned shell of this egg with newly-found reverence and awe. "Hello there," she murmured. "I wonder if you're like your sibling, thinking about the history we're living?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:48 pm
Rahmsii | he/him/his | High Reaches [At Moo Cow Egg]

Rahmsii lingered a few moments at the Star Egg. A little while was spent admiring the patterns on its shell, and a gentle touch atop its shell before standing again. It was getting a little crowded on that part of the sands. Rahmsii knew better, he was instructed better than to linger. Doubly so that the egg was was so clear with their desires for all their siblings to be met! Such personality, even in eggs! Even being at a fair few touchings, it still filled him with delight to be part of such a thing - and to marvel at how young these to-be-hatched dragons to be shining with charisma through their shells.

Rahmsii nodded to his fellow candidates still lingering at the star patterned egg, as he eased himself off the sands. He wiped the clinging sand from his backside, gazing at which he might stop at next. The Moo Cow Egg seemed to have a thinning number of people around it. His scarred fingers gently grazed part of shell’s splotched pattern, well away from other’s hands. I hope the crowds aren’t too tiresome.  

Spockat

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 pm
F'dral & Sinrunth
The bronze dragon shifted from his perch. The red that had begun to spin in the corner of his eyes did soften to more of a sympathetic orange-yellow, against his otherwise green gaze. He told F'dral, privately, that there were now tears.

Oh boy.

He would have to note this in his record, at minimum, because something got dredged up by an egg. He wasn't a bloody Mindhealer--he was a dragonrider, and a damned good one at that. He was strict, traditional, and not always the most sympathetic being. He thought Candidates should be made of tougher stuff, and might have some opinions about this--but he also wasn't heartless and he wasn't going to let him stay.

Leaving A'ral and the other assistants to keep watch over the Candidates on the Sands, F'dral made his way over to the tiers and up the steps. Sinrunth sent Whren a bit of encouragement and some warmth and comfort--an unsual thing for the bronze to do. Still, it was warranted this time, and might help him buck up a bit. Good of you to step away then.

"Wren," he spoke, brows knit with concern--and a little judgment. "What happened?" He might as well as figure out what happened outside of some-egg-hurt-my-feelings-or-touched-a-nerve, which is what he assumed be the case. Still, he was not accusatory, and though his words were brusque, they were not necessarily unkind or unconcerned. "Don't shove it away. Just let it out."

He was already tearing at his hair. Might as well let the kid cry it out. The sooner he let the feelings out, the sooner he could figure out how to respond and what to do with him.
Shaddaling

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:08 pm
Velara, she/her, Western Weyr

Velara perked up.Grateful that she didn’t seem to upset the egg, (that it was congenial and ok with company was rather a relief to the quiet girl). She returned a feeling of affection for the eggs warmth, and a smile for the reassurance. She let her hand linger for just a moment before moving on.

There were others to meet after all, and surely, more would want to take the time to meet Sunshine, and she wouldn’t be one to deprive others of their chance. She looked around. There were so many lovely eggs, so many perfect personalities just waiting to be met. Who should she go to next?

The brightly patterned rainbow shell of the medium egg right next to sunshine caught her eye. They were just right. Feeling a little more confident, she reached out to place her hand on the Lisa Frank egg.

Hello in there. Still not sure what to say to an egg, besides a warm greeting, she offered up her excitement and delight to be a part of this tradition, and hope that the egg might find something in her, or at least have something to say.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:09 pm
Elibrie - she/her

At first, Elibrie thought perhaps she'd caught Happy Ghost Egg at a bad time, and when she felt how still and contemplative it was, almost pulled back for fear of interrupting it. But before she could do so, it took notice of her and gently wrapped her in comfort - not smothering, but quietly there, and the girl truly appreciated it. Thank you, she said with a little sigh of relief, and did linger for a bit, leaning into the comfort.

But she couldn't stay forever, even if it would be easier. With another wave of gratitude, she reluctantly peeled herself away from the egg. Straightening, she took a quick glance around the Sands, searching out her friends and sister to see where each was...partly because she was feeling bereft without them, and partly so that she wouldn't go to the same egg at the same time (at least, that was her more palatable excuse for wanting to keep track of their whereabouts). Each one spotted, she made her way to the Orange Slice Egg and brought her hand to rest against its shell. It was a lovely, bright color, one that Elibrie would never dare to sport, but fetching on the egg. I hope you're well today. It's very gracious of you and your siblings to spend time with us.

Nisadee - she/her

Oh, well that was...hmm. Contentment was rather a foreign feeling to Nisadee; she was calm, yes, but it was a cool calm, not the warmth and peace of contentment. It was both lovely and disconcerting to feel something she was such a stranger to, having spent her life shuffled back and forth, here and there. Her basic physical needs had almost always been met, but little beyond that. She'd never truly had what she wanted, so such a lovely thing as contentment had always been elusive.

I can stay just a little while longer, if you like, she agreed, glad to have the honor of being the first Candidate Corn Egg had spoken to. I'm afraid chatting isn't my strong suit, but I can try. Most of what everyone's been chatting about lately is you and your siblings, really.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:22 pm
Lelte, she/her, High Reaches

Lelte didn’t mind the distance. She could understand it. Not everyone was everyone’s cup of tea. And perhaps this wasn’t a good time for her to meet the egg. No matter. She didn’t just want to up and leave - that would be rude after all! - so she sent a wave of cheer and fondness to the egg along with a bright goodbye! before straightening up and preparing to move on to the next.

Her eye was caught by Toadstool next. As it seemed easier than standing looming over the eggs awkwardly ((Even as...short, as she was)), Lelte decided to sit on the Sands next to the egg before reaching out. Hey there, I hope you aren’t too overwhelmed by everything. There are so many people here today just to meet all of you. It’s exciting.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:48 pm
Whren

'It was just doing what was expected,' Whren said tiredly, and wasn't that simply what had been drilled into them since what seemed to be forever, when he was a fresh face teen of 14. It was nice of Sinrunth to say so, but he just felt terrible now.

He had to a complete mess up didn't he. F'dral was now here and now he just felt worst because it met he was a problem and taking up F'dral time that should be better spent watching the others and ugh. Whren let go of his hair to scrub at his eyes with the palm of his hand, drawing his legs tight against his chest in an attempt to just shield him from sight. He was suppose to be better then this.

He felt to choked with tears to even speak, and just gave up and let himself cry into his knees, half sheltered by his hair. His fingers dug into the tops of his boots, needing something to hold onto. He cried till his lungs burned, and sobs turned to hiccupping gulps of air, and his eyes red rim and sore.

"Sorry," He finally rasped out, drained and sore and maybe more miserable then he started.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm
Rundanrul - Western

The response from the egg made Rundanrul huff softly in amusement. Of course he was ready, he wouldn't be here if he wasn't. He didn't bother answering the question about a future he didn't foresee, knowing full well that that wouldn't be the case. He had his sights set high and nothing would keep him from becoming one of the best dragonriders Western - or maybe High Reaches - had ever seen. He did give the egg a little pat before moving on, not wanting to linger on any egg for too long.

He scanned the eggs before settling on the Avocado Egg next. A lot of the shells seemed to have smiling faces on them and he wondered if that was a tell for what awaited the world inside.

"Are you as cheerful as your shell would lead one to believe?" he asked quietly, his hand resting on the green part of the egg.

---

Versha - HR

The genuine hope and delight coming from the egg threw Versha off kilter just a bit. She was excited as always to experience a touching, but this was only her second time. She had forgotten how perceptive the unhatched babies could be in there. The fact that this egg had sensed her underlying desires was proof that even the slightest emotional instability could send things spiraling out of control quickly.

"Thank you, little one," she said softly, stroking the shell once more. "If I find I need a bit of support I'll come back for a bit. There's lots of other Candidates hoping to meet you though, so I'd best let them have a chance." What a lovely dragon! Versha pulled away with a smile on her face and warmth in her chest, already curious to see the dragon that would come out of that egg. She went on her way to the next available egg, her hand resting on the shell of the Lisa Frank Egg as she stopped beside it.

"You seem to be in a cozy wallow, tucked back here behind these other eggs." She was sure the eggs really didn't have much of a say in where they were placed - that was the queen's decision - but she couldn't help but feel as though it was hiding just a bit. "Are you one for the spotlight or for behind the scenes?"

---

Surel - Western

Oh, the shell certainly was a wonderful advertisement for the wonderful dragon inside! Surel felt peace and calm wash over her, the little dragon soothing her anxiety to nothing. She let out a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding and a little laugh escaped her as well.

"Oh, thank you...I was a bit nervous," she admitted, though it was obvious the egg had figured that out. "I'm sure you will. I can't wait until that day!" Realizing she was lingering a bit, she gave the shell a fond farewell pat before moving on, feeling much better. All her worries had been banished, leaving her open minded and ready to give the next egg a good dose of love and care.

Moo Cow Egg was the recipient of an earnest, happy touch as Surel paused to crouch by it.

"Hello in there," she said gently. "I've always wondered what it's like to be a baby dragon still in the shell. It must be quite cozy."  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:32 pm
Haveli - she/her

Thankful for the response but not wanting to go beyond the initial pats and touches and thoughts allowed, Haveli simply thanked the egg with a rub before moving on. She hoped the egg - no, the dragonet inside - would find exactly who it wanted when it came time to hatch. There were plenty of wonderful candidates, herself included, but that was that.

Her steps carrying her onward, she paused to place her hand on the Sunshine Egg, extending it much the same greeting as she had before. Tell me of you, tell me what you want from me. I'll give whatever it takes.

Within...reason, of course. Haveli wasn't desperate, but she certainly wasn't willing to admit any other fears lingering in the back of her mind.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff