Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:47 pm
Odd and Lykas ended up meeting up pretty quickly after the students all returned from their respective classes. Odd hadn’t bothered hanging around once class was over with Dendra, zoning out a bit as Blizz took to the field and began letting his frustrations out on the other students. The Channeler couldn’t say he blamed the Articuno hybrid for feeling the way he did but it still felt kind of abusive to just let him unload on these kids one after another. It wasn’t really his place to call the man out, though, so he left that for his kid and girlfriend to do later.

Lykas had stood beside Clare as Naranja’s students got their praise for handling themselves in their respective situations but when he became the target of criticism, he narrowed his eyes and bit his tongue. Upon meeting up with Odd, he kicked Mera out of the room they had been assigned to. “You know I have nowhere else to sleep, right?”

“Don’t care. I’m not being separated from my fiancé just because we were forced into boarding school.” Lykas retorted.

“Isn’t he in Uva House? The houses’ dorms are on opposite ends of the school and the students don’t room together…” Mera remarked, the bag in her hand hovering just off the ground as the hybrid tried to reason with Lykas.

“Too bad for you. You’ll get your room back tomorrow.” Lykas remarked as he waved to someone behind her.

“Sorry. You can use the bed they assigned me if you want?” Odd apologized, stepped around the Seaking hybrid and through the doorway, dropping his room key on top of her bag as he did.

~~~~~~

Lykas stretched as he woke up in the morning, slowly climbing out of bed and beginning to get dressed as Odd joined him. “You’re sure about this?” Odd asked as he brushed his hair.

“Yeah. I’m not doing this any more. Day one and I’m getting chewed out for helping save peoples’ lives because I used a Pokémon they decided wasn’t appropriate?” Lykas replied, pulling his shirt on and rummaging through his bag for a pair of pants.

“And you’re not willing to consider that you might have had other options?” Odd asked calmly.

“Sure I had other options but they weren’t good options. Why would I have chosen a less effective Pokémon for the situation just because Delmare’s a legendary Pokémon and these idiots think it’s overkill?” Lykas snapped back, pulling a pair of his leggings out of his bag and beginning to pull them on.

“I guess that’s fair…” Odd responded, pulling his own shirt on, followed by his pants. As Lykas pulled his his shoes, Odd found his own and pulled them on.

“Want some help with your hair this morning?” Lykas asked, walking over to the bed and sitting down on it.

“No, I think I’ll wear it down today.” Odd responded as he finished tying his shoes.

“That’s unusual for you.” Lykas remarked, giving then Channeler a confused look.

“Change can be good. I’m gonna wear it this way today and see how I like it.” Odd explained, crossing the few steps to the bed and placing a hand on Lykas’ cheek.” I wish you’d give it more time here but I won’t stop you. Just be safe.”

“Of course. I can hang out with Wren and anyone else who decided this was a stupid place to waste time back at HQ and if there’s a mission, obviously I’ll come running as soon as possible.” Lykas replied with a smile. “Now get going before you’re late. You actually want to be here, remember?”

Odd nodded and made to leave the room, intending to go back to his own room and change into clean clothes before class. He nearly tripped over Mera as he opened the door and she fell backward through the door.

“The hell?”

“Ugh… I told you I didn’t have anywhere else to go.” Mera groaned, sitting back up. “Are you two always that loud?” She demanded. “I swear I’ve heard herds of Donphan quieter than you two snore!”

“Do I snore?” Lykas asked Odd, ignoring the rest of Mera’s comments.

“Eh… sometimes. Not last night, though.” Odd remarked, watching for a moment as Lykas used his ponytails to gather up his few scattered possessions and return them to his bag by the bed. “Anyway, I’m gonna get going.” Turning and focusing hard for a moment, he forced his intangibility to activate and stepped through Mera rather than around her. The Seaking hybrid shivered as Odd walked off, glaring up at Lykas from the floor.

“So you’re just dropping out, huh? Quitting school just like you quit being Varuna’s student?” She asked accusingly.

“I had no interest in being here in the first place. I got a basic education in Kanto as a kid and I have no desire to seek higher education.” Lykas remarked calmly. “I attended the first day to support my friends and my fiancé. That’s all.”

“Sounds like b***h talk to me.” Mera jabbed, eyes narrowing as she tried to provoke the hybrid.

“So be it.” Lykas replied with a shrug. “I’m not going to fight over something I didn’t want to do. It would be different if I cared but since I don’t, trying to get me mad about it won’t do you any good. I’m a hothead and a bad but supportive friend, not an idiot.” He continued, shaking his head slightly. “You’re as bad as all the others who assume I don’t think things through because I make decisions fast.”

Mera looked for a moment as if she’d been punched squarely in the face but quickly regained her composure. “I know I’ve said this before but it’s really hard to hate you.” She muttered quietly.

“Get to know me and you might find a better reason.” Lykas replied. “You had best get ready for class or you’ll be late. I’m out of here.” He finally announced, picking up his bag and heading out toward the school’s front door. Mera watched him for a moment, debating trying to stop him before shaking her head and closing the door silently.

Odd had gone back to his room and changed into clean clothes, donning the school’s winter uniform for the day since it looked like they would be staying in all day before heading off to his class. He had his hand on the doorknob when the announcement came over the P.A. system for the Snagem to gather in the Director’s office. Heaving a sigh and silently thanking the gods that Lykas had already decided to leave before this, he turned on his heel and headed off to find said office.

Arriving just ahead of the others but standing in a corner and keeping quiet, he allowed the old man’s spiel to be absorbed, mulling over his explanation for the moment until they were dismissed, returning to his class while considering the options.

~~~

Clare hadn’t thought about much since getting back to the school. They’d been sent to the nurse’s office to be examined, then shipped off to a local hospital for more urgent care regarding their arm. The result was a sleepless night of being tested on in a variety of ways that resulted in a discovery even they hadn’t been aware of. When silica was applied to their wound, it seemed to react positively, almost as if the cells were working in overdrive to heal. It was still a remarkably slow process but by the time they returned to the school, they had been given special instructions and the school was to provide what was possible to assist. A sand/salt bath once a day for the next week and a follow up to see how the arm was healing or if it was even continuing to do so.

Yawning as they arrived at their class, the hybrid showed obvious signs of sleeplessness; bags under their eyes, bloodshot eyes and a sagging of the shoulders as they struggled to stay awake. When the call came for the Snagem to come to the director’s office, they stood up and followed the others out of class with a large yawn. Nodding off as they waited, they’d take a seat on one of the small chairs by the director’s desk, snoring very quietly until Clavell arrived, snapping awake as he announced himself. Explaining why they were here, Clare let out a small breath of relief, half expecting the team to be getting in trouble in private rather than having received a public chewing out.

After the explanation had been given and the team was allowed to disperse back to class, they would walk out near the back of the group, considering the options that had been presented to them.

~~~

By the the time classes had ended for the day, Odd and Clare had both made their decisions. The Ghost Channeler approached the desk in the lobby and announced he would be following the Path of Legends Clavell had mentioned, waiting for the secretary to punch in his information and assure him he was all set before heading off.

Clare passed him on their own way to the front desk, announcing they would be taking the Academia path, having decided that they would most benefit from learning more about this new world in a more safe and structured environment than what they had experienced so far.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:19 pm
It wouldn't be long after the meeting for Reno to get back into his class schedule with the rest of Uva. He was going to debate out what exactly he was going to go ahead with and answer the director immediately for the sake of ease when he suddenly realized....he had no idea what he was actually planning to do. All of the options had something to offer him but it was severely impacting with how different each appeal was. Academia was the simplest and most direct answer to the whole question and would give Reno access to an actual education, which certainly wouldn't be a bad thing over the GED and a dream he had currently for formal education. Victory Road would give him and whoever else went along access to the Gym Leaders and other high rankers of this region, helping them establish some form of diplomatic relations for Snagem and Paldea outside of whatever news filtered through to them. Plus being able to be a Champion and not the Champion had a real strong appeal to Reno. Path of Legend and the whole mythical exploration.....honestly was the least appealing personally but the whole potential history lesson could be valuable for something. Not sure what thing that was but it might be valuable for it. And finally, Starfall. The most likely candiadate for the majority of Snagems to go with and also the one that was liable to land them in even more hot water depending on where these gang groups were holed up. All it would take was some of the Snagems going rogue again or Sub deciding once again that listening to what other people in chagre told him to do was for losers and Snagem's entire relation with the Indigo League would be thrown to hell.

....well, if he was expecting another diplomatic incident, then maybe he should do that whole seeing gyms and the Elite Four thing. Plus he was extremely curious to see how this whole region's gyms worked if the students were given free reign like this. Maybe they had a whole new setup for getting to the leader besides the usual wander a weird building and kick people until you find the end.

-----

Beau didn't need to wait for the whole day of debate before he made his decision. "I'd like to join Raifort's whole Path of Legend expedition." Beau told the receptionist, quickly pivoting and heading back to his room to begin preparing for the trip. A whole history lesson on another region and the things like those weird plants or the giant Pokemon had him really interested. Especially if they were able to get and use those giant Pokemon somehow. The ability to just throw out a giant crab without having to do some weird stuff from Galar or only being limited to the one use when that weird stuff was available.

----

Leslie had no idea about any of these options to be picked. Nope. She was still hunting that Rookiedee outside, staring at her SNAG as she yelled at GRAY. "C'mon! Help me track that bird! I will get my revenge and you'll get to see how well you can track things that aren't Snagems! It'll be perf-" Before she could finish or she got any response from GRAY, something would fall from the sky and smack into the SNAG. Feeling her grip slip, Leslie could only watch as the device fell onto the rooftop and very quickly slid off the edge towards the ground of the courtyard. Looking to what hit her, Leslie would see the basket of pastries had been lobbed at her by that infernal bird. Mechanically turning her gaze up to the sky, she would see the Rookiedee hovering over her, taunting her with the projectile it had just lobbed at her with no immediate retort on Leslie's part. Growling in frustration, Leslie's response would be to rip the boot off of her foot, lob it into the air in front of her and slam into the thing with her hammer to send it flying towards the Flying Pokemon.

Having just returned the food basket with the remaining pastries to the girl who seemed so intent on having some as well, the Rookiedee would wait to see the look of thanks on its friend's face. And as the boot came flying past, the Rookiedee would take off after the piece of footwear. Who was he to let his friend's gift in return go to waste by going missing? He had to find it and take it back to the nest so he could keep it with the other things his friends had given him.

Cursing at her missed attack and the Rookiedee that now seemed intent on stealing her shoe, Leslie would take off across the rooftops. There was no way she was going to be wandering around with only one boot as long as she could rectify it.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:37 pm
“Wait, hey did you-!” Tsuki yelped as Darts yoinked him out of the hallways and into Director Clavell’s office. Did the guy even hear a word he said to him or was he just that focused on potentially being late? Any thoughts he had on the matter however were quieted when he got inside and took a few things in. One: Sub was there! ’Okay, well,’ he thought to himself, ’that settles that’. If he could recognize anyone after a few years of being AWOL, it’d be that one guy in particular. So this wasn’t a mistake or some group trying to ride on Snagem’s coattails. The boy looked down, feeling like this all felt a lot more real than before. But he moved his gaze back to Clavell when he started to present the academic paths at Uva-Naranja Academy.

Academia. This was what Tsuki was presently on, the path his parents had more or less signed him up for when they enrolled him at the academy. It wasn’t bad, though it definitely was lacking in anything interesting to him. Especially so after being on this one for a few years already. It had given him a few opportunities, and it gave him the time to pursue being on the student council but there had to be more to life than that. Plus, if there was ever a chance to swap paths and try something else out, because he definitely did not want to go back to sitting in a class all day, it’d be any other path than this one. The likelihood of another opportunity to swap paths coming up was zero.

Victory Road. Tsuki thought back to his own initial attempt at collecting badges. It hadn’t ended well- though he did still have the Boulder Badge and the feeling of accomplishment he and his Pokemon felt? Unbelievable. He looked to the Magby sitting on his shoulder and recalled how he had needed his Flygon and Blastoise for the battle with Brock. But after everything with his parents, he didn’t know if he trusted himself with any other Pokemon now when his team had been so easily taken away. The facts were that he failed them and he didn’t want to fail anyone else. So this was off the table.

Path of Legends. If the expedition to the bamboo grove the day prior had taught him anything, it was that Tsuki missed being outdoors. As dangerous as the encounter with the Bisharp line had been, learning about new places had been one of the reasons he had initially run away to begin with. Having the right gear, a good eye, and a knack for improvisation was all you really needed. Plus they’d be studying individual Pokemon. As impressive as these Titans were, he knew well enough to know he probably wouldn’t need a whole team like he would in Victory Road. This one felt like a good middle ground.

Starfall Street. Ah. Those kids. Tsuki was no newcomer to Uva-Naranja and it’s delinquents. He did feel responsible as the vice president. Could he really let them sour the academy’s name? Drag other kids into petty crime? Or worse yet: lower the school’s average score for the PSAT? Absolutely not. However, it fell under the same issue he had with Victory Road. He didn’t want to have to develop a whole new group of Pokemon on a whim- especially when he needed to be focused on what he actually wanted. Which was a trip back to Kanto and a long talk with his parents after getting his friends back from Oak. Though, his mom and dad hadn’t even reached out to him in two years. Why should he have to make the first move?

Undecided, Tsuki figured he just needed to think more about it before making any serious decisions. He had a whole day ahead of him, partially filled with the tutoring he needed to do. With Darts wandering off to go talk to a few others, he decided to take the moment to find Sub and see about if he could help him out. Despite his being here, he wasn’t an active member yet. Hopefully he’d be able to fix that, so he waded through the room to get to him.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:45 pm
Atlantis_Darts
He sidles up towards the Blizzocule, almost awkwardly hovering at the margins as he listens to Blizz and Doc Owl discussing the current state of his vacation. He was waiting and hoping to go unnoticed long enough to catch the good doctor and get a bit of a private word in.

"Though with all said, though, you really sure you want to go through the acadamia, Tristen? I mean, you've gotten pretty good at battling for example, you might do good in the gym run." I told him.

"I might." Tristen said.

"I think if anyone in Sol's entourage, he might be the one who does it too. Wouldn't put it past him to do another gym run like he did back in the day in Jhoto. Hell, the two of you could be a bit of rivals." I said.

"I...just don't get into Pokemon battling like that Blizz..." Tristen said, a shift in tone showing slight agitation.

"Hey, don't take it the wrong way. I'm not trying to twist your arm over it. You just got a lot going for you, is all. Between your school learning that Freth has told me you've been doing good at and between me training you and the battles you been in for Snagem, hell, you got a head start most don't get. It feels...like...I don't know, kind of a waste in some fashion if you just drop a facet like that or something. And besides, it gives you the opportunity to explore things first hand instead of reading about it in a book."

"He could try both here, I'd think." Freth suggested.

"Oh hell no." I then spoke up. "I went through that during my apprenticeship at Mahogany, or at least something similar, and I can tell you, it was kinda hell." I said.

"I'd imagine they'd be a bit more lax here than whatever Pryce did to you." Freth said. "I mean, everything is governed seemingly by the academy here, at least as far as all of that goes. I can't imagine they wouldn't go out of the way to make concessions like that."

"I don't want Tristen to burn out." I said.

"I must say taking on a gym tour while taking on scheduled studies here? Yes, that would seem to be a bit daunting just on the surface. I...must say I actually have to agree with Blizzard's assessment for a change." Doc Owl spoke up.

"...'for a change'"? I said, needing a eyebrow to raise at Doc Owl.

"I didn't studder." Doc said, firm tone and all.

"I could maybe do that on my own time after all of that. I don't need a gym tour to do that." Tristen said.

"Fair enough. Alright, if you are sure about it...I guess you-" I perked up, something was gracing my senses for a while now and I wasn't entirely sure as to was. I quickly shifted around, looking back around and finding what was kind of bothering me. "...Darts!? What are you doing?"

"...he's been standing there for about a minute now." Doc said, deadpan towards me. "Still not paying mind to your instinctual senses, are we?"

"Bite me." I said.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:08 pm
After signing up for the Starfall mission in the front desk, some indecision lead Abby to kind of just hanging around the lobby for a bit. Half people watching, half thinking to herself. After a bit, though, she remembered the message Brian sent her about wanting to give her something. Her instincts were telling her to let it go, but her curiosity was winning out. She didn't know the guy all that well, and it could be something other than what part of her was expecting.

To Brian
If you're up and have time, I'm hanging out in the front lobby,"

With that message sent, Abby put her SNAG away and waited - either for a message saying he couldn't make it, or for him to show. Classes were over, and it wasn't too late in the day, so she wasn't expecting him not to respond. Still, she'd give him an hour to show before she'd bail.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:40 pm
Brian was lying on his bed, just reading through some 'dex entries for Pokemon he'd not encountered before, when Abby's message came through. Grabbing a Pokeball he'd set aside, he grabbed his Pokeball belt and put it back on, then went to find her. Heading to the front lobby, he could see her waiting for him, and he waved as he got closer. "Hey, Abby," he said. "I apologize for the short notice, but like I said, I've got something for ye." Pulling out the Pokeball he'd set aside, he handed it to her. "This guy made an impression on Lu and me yesterday," he said. "He decided he wanted a trainer, and since I know ye specialize in Fighting-types, I figured he'd make a good addition to yer team."  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:31 pm
Abby didn't quite know how to respond. She mostly felt stupid for not immediately assuming it was going to be something Pokemon related, but straight-up GIVING her a Pokemon? Though the way he talked made it sound like the Lucario wasn't his to give. Like it was a wild Pokemon and he was trying to help it out by leading it to a trainer.

She skimmed over the Lucario's Pokedex entry. Fighting/Steel... that could certainly useful. It made her wonder what kind of moves it'd have that would fit that typing. The thought made her excited, and it didn't take her long to decide that she did, indeed, want Lucario on her team. She had a small concern with adding a male to her all-female team, but she wasn't exactly trying to keep her team to one gender - it just kind of happened that way. Though that did make her think of her team as a whole. In a way, this wasn't a decision for her to make alone. "Let's step outside for a second," she offered, heading out of the building.

Once in the main area, she'd lead Lucario (and Brian, if he followed) to the side, to make sure they didn't bother anyone moving to or from the school. There wasn't likely to be much traffic, as classes were over already, but she didn't want to get yelled at for having a battle right in front of the doors, regardless of whether someone wound up getting hurt or not. Once she decided they were far enough to the side, she'd let Angela (her Blaziken) out of her ball.

Time passed as Absinthe guided Angela and Lucario through a battle. By the time Absinthe had seen enough, both the pseudo-wild Lucario and what was effectively her starter Pokemon were on their last legs. They weren't exactly evenly matched, but it was certainly close, and Lucario had some surprises on-hand that neither Angela nor her trainer expected. "Well, I can see how you impressed the guy that caught you. I've seen all I need to see, so what do you say? Wanna join up with me?" Abby asked, holding a hand out to the Lucario. But instead of taking it, he walked past her, grabbed the ball Brian caught him with, and handed it to her.

"I'll take that as a yes," Absinthe said, though she put the ball back instead of recalling him, "but that's not how this works." Taking an empy ball of her own, she place it in the Snag Machine. After the ball was reprogrammed, she lightly belted the Lucario with it, which caused it to catch him. With a few turns and a clicking sound, Abby picked the ball up and let Lucario back out. "There ya go, you're now part of my team. I'll hafta come up with a name for ya, now," she jeered with a friendly smirk.

Walking back up to Brian, she handed him the ball he'd caught Lucario with, as it was basically an empty Pokeball at this point. "Thanks. I'll try to do good by him."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:46 pm
Brian could tell that Abby was surprised by his gesture. Normally, he wouldn't just give away a Pokemon he'd captured, but he already had Lu, and like he'd said, he knew Abby specialized in Fighting-type Pokemon. He followed Abby when she walked outside, wanting to see how well the Lucario would do with her team. He wasn't surprised to see the male Fighting/Steel-type hold his own, and he could tell that both Abby and Angela were caught off guard by the Lucario a couple of times.

"Yeah, he caught me and Lu off guard a few times, as well," he explained, when the battle was over and Abby had handed his Pokeball back. "He held his own against Lu, which isn't easy considering she's got more experience than he does." He smiled when she said she would try to do good by the Lucario. "I know ye will," he said.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:04 pm
Blizzard120
"I didn't studder." Doc said, firm tone and all.

"I could maybe do that on my own time after all of that. I don't need a gym tour to do that." Tristen said.

"Fair enough. Alright, if you are sure about it...I guess you-" I perked up, something was gracing my senses for a while now and I wasn't entirely sure as to was. I quickly shifted around, looking back around and finding what was kind of bothering me. "...Darts!? What are you doing?"

"...he's been standing there for about a minute now." Doc said, deadpan towards me. "Still not paying mind to your instinctual senses, are we?"

"Bite me." I said.

"It's not my fault I'm getting better at suppressing my powers." Darts comments idly, with a tilt of his head. "I was actually hoping to talk to the main man on vacation here, can you other guys give us a bit of space?" He indicates Doc Owl with a gesture, almost shooing the others out of their conversational area.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:11 pm
Atlantis_Darts

"It's not my fault I'm getting better at suppressing my powers." Darts comments idly, with a tilt of his head. "I was actually hoping to talk to the main man on vacation here, can you other guys give us a bit of space?" He indicates Doc Owl with a gesture, almost shooing the others out of their conversational area.

The notion gave the Noctowl hybrid an intrigued look, he himself needing an eyebrow to raise, but perhaps the crest on his forehead would do. This only gave me a confused look. Freth, Tristen, and I were here first...though I suppose there wasn't much to talk about between the three of us anymore. Not with our plans generally settled in. It was going to be the matter of preparation. "...yeeaah...sure." I said, staring at the other two. Freth just gave a shrug and Tristen wasn't quite sure what was going on either. "Let's go make our intentions known to Clavell." I told the other two, getting up from the bleachers and walking off.

Doc Owl watches the three of us leave for a moment, and when he was certain at the very least that Tristen with his canine hearing was out of earshot, he looked back towards Darts. "So, what is it that you are wanting to talk about?" Doc asked the Giratina hybrid.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:22 pm
Blizzard120
Atlantis_Darts

The notion gave the Noctowl hybrid an intrigued look, he himself needing an eyebrow to raise, but perhaps the crest on his forehead would do. This only gave me a confused look. Freth, Tristen, and I were here first...though I suppose there wasn't much to talk about between the three of us anymore. Not with our plans generally settled in. It was going to be the matter of preparation. "...yeeaah...sure." I said, staring at the other two. Freth just gave a shrug and Tristen wasn't quite sure what was going on either. "Let's go make our intentions known to Clavell." I told the other two, getting up from the bleachers and walking off.

Doc Owl watches the three of us leave for a moment, and when he was certain at the very least that Tristen with his canine hearing was out of earshot, he looked back towards Darts. "So, what is it that you are wanting to talk about?" Doc asked the Giratina hybrid.

"I wanted... to apologize." Darts admits, getting out the last couple of words with a bit of difficulty. "I know Crystal isn't here right now, but if she were, I would apologize to her too." The gambler looks bothered, consternation crossing through the red eyes that were visible beneath his crest before he continues.

"I've known both of you almost as long as I've been here - when I broke bones fighting Cipher back when I was... human," The idea still upset Darts, but he was coming to terms with it. "You were the one who set them. Crystal was one of the very first people who came up to me and welcomed me into the team, back when she was first here and we were just a rag tag group of freedom fighters trying to get away from the world that seemed to be chasing us everywhere." He swallows again, his jacket swishing back and forth as he keeps expanding. "And now, recently, when I was at my lowest you guys were reaching out and trying to help me... all I could keep doing was pushing you away." But no more. Darts fixes Doc Owl eye to eye, Noctowl to Giratina hybrid as he tries to convey the enormity of what he was about to try and explain to the veteran physician.

"I saw... it." The jacketed Snagem glances away for a moment, awkwardly breaking eye contact as he tries to think how best to explain. "I saw... all of it. Life, the universe, and everything as they say in some books. When we were coming back from Hisui and I needed to rip a hole between worlds, I saw..." He fixes Doc full in the face again, his trembling golden hand running down the wall they were standing near slowly, the gilt claws gouging rock fragments out of it like it was made of butter, chips falling as they clatter to the ground. He was still looking at the doctor, but he was nowhere near this school at the moment, his mind flooded with something that he had tried to push down for too long in vain. "The Red Chain showed me, a mere mortal, the cosmic battle playing out across our world... across ALL worlds. And when Giratina noticed me, felt my presence... he just laughed. He knew that it was... would be... and is, too much for me to handle."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:26 pm
Atlantis_Darts
"I wanted... to apologize." Darts admits, getting out the last couple of words with a bit of difficulty. "I know Crystal isn't here right now, but if she were, I would apologize to her too." The gambler looks bothered, consternation crossing through the red eyes that were visible beneath his crest before he continues.

"I've known both of you almost as long as I've been here - when I broke bones fighting Cipher back when I was... human," The idea still upset Darts, but he was coming to terms with it. "You were the one who set them. Crystal was one of the very first people who came up to me and welcomed me into the team, back when she was first here and we were just a rag tag group of freedom fighters trying to get away from the world that seemed to be chasing us everywhere." He swallows again, his jacket swishing back and forth as he keeps expanding. "And now, recently, when I was at my lowest you guys were reaching out and trying to help me... all I could keep doing was pushing you away." But no more. Darts fixes Doc Owl eye to eye, Noctowl to Giratina hybrid as he tries to convey the enormity of what he was about to try and explain to the veteran physician.

"I saw... it." The jacketed Snagem glances away for a moment, awkwardly breaking eye contact as he tries to think how best to explain. "I saw... all of it. Life, the universe, and everything as they say in some books. When we were coming back from Hisui and I needed to rip a hole between worlds, I saw..." He fixes Doc full in the face again, his trembling golden hand running down the wall they were standing near slowly, the gilt claws gouging rock fragments out of it like it was made of butter, chips falling as they clatter to the ground. He was still looking at the doctor, but he was nowhere near this school at the moment, his mind flooded with something that he had tried to push down for too long in vain. "The Red Chain showed me, a mere mortal, the cosmic battle playing out across our world... across ALL worlds. And when Giratina noticed me, felt my presence... he just laughed. He knew that it was... would be... and is, too much for me to handle."

"This is what has been bothering you over the past couple of days?" Doc said. "Why you were putting on such painfully forced joviality? I see...you're in a position that you don't know what to do with yourself, seeing whatever it was you saw. Perhaps comprehend it. It bothers you severely. Is that what I am getting from this explanation?" Doc asked.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:36 am
The academy bell rings signaling the start of today's classes, students scurrying about to get to class, all of them now late. The school would see a lack of Snagems in its confines today, the large majority of them out in the field. However there was a small few that chose to stay behind and work on their academics and earn a proper degree, like a normal person. Today was their first official day of class. Naranja had Languages and Uva Art first thing in the morning.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:37 pm
SubonicXP
The academy bell rings signaling the start of today's classes, students scurrying about to get to class, all of them now late. The school would see a lack of Snagems in its confines today, the large majority of them out in the field. However there was a small few that chose to stay behind and work on their academics and earn a proper degree, like a normal person. Today was their first official day of class. Naranja had Languages and Uva Art first thing in the morning.

With classes and paths set, the three had taking their separate ways for now. While his adoptive parents went off to go either on the gym tour or take part on the path of legends, Tristen had opted to stay at the academy and expand on his studies. Helpful as Freth was in trying to get him up to speed, homeschooling him at the headquarters, part of him had a feeling that even Freth, try as she might, wasn't fully capable of really getting him the education he needed. Or wanted. Part of it was the life style of Snagem in general. Going off to fight bad guys or deal with any other troubling issues. It was only as of late, now that Ein was gone, that he was able to focus more on it. Now more than ever.

Though Tristen was a bit intrigued as he made his way off to the Art class. He didn't imagine Art or anything like that would be part of a school function. It was a little enticing to think about, he had to admit. He remembers seeing his adoptive father draw every here and there when the opprtunity struck him. While his work wasn't necessarily bad, could be better should he practice, or if he could. Though it was forever since the last time Tristen seen him actually do that. Even now in this time of relative, general peace. Tristen wondered what he could learn in a class like this.

Finding his way into the art class, he found that there wasn't any desks or anything of that sort. Large tables with seats around them were there for the students to sit around at. He would make his way over to a seat and wait for the class to start.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:25 pm
Blizzard120
"This is what has been bothering you over the past couple of days?" Doc said. "Why you were putting on such painfully forced joviality? I see...you're in a position that you don't know what to do with yourself, seeing whatever it was you saw. Perhaps comprehend it. It bothers you severely. Is that what I am getting from this explanation?" Doc asked.

"Yeah Doc, it's bad..." Darts explains, sighing slightly as he continues to turn the idea over in his head. "It's like someone forked a hot coal right underneath my temple, and I don't know how to get it out." He taps the front of his crest near where his forehead would be located beneath it for emphasis, his fingers clacking off the gilt surface. "And I thought- think that if I share too much of what I've seen with any of you, I'm damning you all to the same fate. This isn't a therapy situation Doc, this knowledge is powerful." The gambler's jacket swishes consolingly, the garment hugging around him protectively as it responds to the Giratina hybrid's feelings. "But I shouldn't have been blowing you off either... or Crystal. I just don't know what to do."  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff