Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
Is Sephiroth Right or left handed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?
Right
46%
 46%  [ 30 ]
Left
53%
 53%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 64

Soul-Dye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:15 pm
His sword is basicaly a katana so you need both hands for it but some moves he uses one hand that ive seen and he has diffrent moves for each hand is my opinion. Oh im the new guy so hi lol  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:31 pm
I've came across the same subject, he appears left handed in the game. yet he is right handed in Advent Children  

Cerberus Gunner

kiante

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:42 pm
Since he's a gentecially altered super dude, I would think he probably is Ambidextrous.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:56 pm
Okay Watch AC The hand that is closest to the Blabe of the sword it the hand he uses My mom took away my copy so some one look for me AND IT DOSEN'T MATTER THAT HE CARRIES THE SWORD IN THAT OR THIS WAY IT DEPENDS ON HIS FIGHTING STANE!!!! I know this becase I study swordsmanship.  

Sephira The Wicked

5,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:17 am
Seeing as he uses his sword in both left and right hands in equal amounts of sources leads me to believe he is ambi-dexterous. However, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo's being left handed makes me think that he is left handed. This has headed me to one conclusion.

Sephiroth was 'born' left handed and through his extensive experience in battle trained himself to be ambi-dexterous, which is very possible and common in many tales of great warriors.

Musashi Moromoto is one example of this. He was born left handed and trained to become ambi-dexterous and soon could handle his blade from any stance he came to.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:52 am
Once again I shall point out that while he MAY appear to use both hands or be ambidexterious I favors he LEFT hand..

More proof for you non believers..

In Advent Children, when Kadaji changes into Sephiroth if you watch as Cloud decends with his Buster sword you'll notice that as Sephiroth's sword appears the hilt is being supported in his ((You guessed it)) Left hand.

When Sephiroth finishes most of his 'strikes' his sword is clutched firmly in his left hand in preperation for the next strike.
In fact.. The whole fight scene of Cloud VS Sephiroth has Sephiroth fighting left handed.

Oh, and in FFVII where Sephiroth Kills Aerith, He is doing it left handed. His left hand is just below the hand guard, thus also indicating his left handedness..

Once again I'll say that While Sephiroth can fight with either hand he prefers without a doubt fighting with his left hand
Case closed =P  

-Zidane__Tribal-

Distinct Gaian

xxxPop_Tartxxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:46 am
I don't know...
I've seen him use both hands...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:29 am
i'd say left since the cutscenes in VII show his sword in his left hand.  

JJXB

Kirasami

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:01 am
I'm all for him being a Leftie. (Being that I am one as well.) But it is possible that he prefers to use different hands for different things with his masamune. There are some things that I just can't do with my left hand alone. Perhaps it's the same thing. Oh and hello everyone, I'm new to the guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:54 am
Ryukkuu
I think he's definitely left handed, he always seems to carry his sword in his left hand.

What's sad is, the first time someone mentioned that to me I figured out that was true from memory.. I've seen the scene where he walks through the fire in Nibelheim wayyyy~ too many times. :Sweat:

Lefties rock, though. XDD *is a lefty*

I think he uses both hands... but lefties are awesome biggrin
*is left-handed*  

Xarikue

Desirable Sex Symbol

Devoted Earth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:00 pm
Defenatly ambidextrious!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:41 am
Kirasami
I'm all for him being a Leftie. (Being that I am one as well.) But it is possible that he prefers to use different hands for different things with his masamune. There are some things that I just can't do with my left hand alone. Perhaps it's the same thing. Oh and hello everyone, I'm new to the guild.

Xarikue
I think he uses both hands... but lefties are awesome biggrin
*is left-handed*

Yay! Lefties unite! *apologizes for being off-topic*  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Sephistrife16

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:26 am
kiante
Since he's a gentecially altered super dude, I would think he probably is Ambidextrous.

Good point.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:26 pm
left handed see pic
User Image
read what it says if you can it will tell you

link
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/fox-__/officialart8en2.jpg
and for those of you who wont be able to i will tell you what it says

"yazoo, loz, and kadaj are the physical manifestations of sephiroths spirit-yazoo is his allure, loz his strength, and kadaj is his cruelty. kadaj is left handed because sephiroth is left handed"
(nomura)

DragonShadowWing

El Laberinto del Fauno

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:37 am
Sephrioth can use both hands but he favoursa his left, in finally fantasy VII itself it is always in his left hand even when he transforms to his seraph form, in advent children he is shown to sue both hands but mainly left, and if kingdom hearts must be dragged in, he draws with his right and carry's it with his right but if you look he always switchs it to his left hand when he fights.  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff