Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~~no longer active~~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:54 pm
MrBobVilla, if you're still putting a computer together, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions. biggrin

First, when you look for video cards, which are the best in your opinion?
I mean quality just as well as compatibility.

Second, which is the best sound card, also in your opinion. I'm sure you have had more experience in those items than I. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:00 pm
Im really not a good person to ask about sound cards as I normally just get integrated audio. It seems like I am always moving back and forth between college life and summer life...I never have a real place to set up a nice enough speaker system to take advantage of any sound card.

As for video cards, I generally look for a card thats in the $150-200 range. If you have more money go for it, but I am certainly not blowing more than that on somthing I will have to replace in a few years anyway. Ideally, I would like to get a $150-200 Nvidia SLI card. That way in a year or so when the cards have gone down in price, I will be able to buy the same card once again for a lot less. And having two cards instead of one will be a huuuge boost in performance, especially compared to the total cost put into it compared to the more expensive cards.  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

BLah35345

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:35 am
BUmp  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:41 pm
nerds rock (even tho am not one i wana be one crying )  

Uchiha_Ichigo_dta

The Essence of Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:43 am
I've been getting into anime, but I'm no good at programming. I guess that makes me a geek! Lawlz.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:06 pm
hi I'm Hannah and im new... I heart Anime,acting,and reading... I am a
geek. smile And alittle werd too.  

dream_of_faith

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:08 am
Who here isn't a little wierd. >_>  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:21 am
oh
was i supposed to post here first?
><
im sorrie
my name's riisa
i consider myself a nerd
and have been called one as well
i kinda enjoy programming
but that doesnt mean im good at it xD
im kinda an art nerd
but i like other stuff too
yah.

..On.Parade.of.Jesters..

AngelOfRapture

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:38 am
Hello I am new here... i'm an all out band nerd, but i also enjoy writting poetry and some stories and i LOVE anime and roleplaying.... though for role playing i was raised on free style where any thing goes as long as you don't destroy the world or make it so some one can't come back.. the best way to do it really! oh and i also Play Magic the gathering and i also know alittle bit about DnD (i did a couple of campaigns before i was no longer allowed to go to our local card shop... *cries* i miss the shop..... my mommy won't let me go....)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:44 pm
burning_eyes  

Phessis

Phessis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:57 pm
domokun domokun domokun domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:39 pm
MrBobVilla
Most people generally do consider it as such, yes. 3nodding

*refers you to any one of the many D&D parody videos out there*

*then attacks the darkness*

xd heart I loved that animation. I seriously ran out of breath laughing so hard.  

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150

Arthurion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:19 pm
A geek/nerds/etcetera sub-forum? Shweet. Let's see if I have what it takes to be a proud geek...

Obssesed with videogames? Check...
Likes to roleplay? Check...
Using Linux right now?/Hates Micro$oft? Check...
Think a PC is sexy? Check...
Knowing some main programming language? Well, err, I'm taking a course about Web Development and that includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, ASP, CGI and database programming, and I'm going to keep on a C++ one, so I think it's a check...
Wearing glasses? Well, err, no, but maybe soon biggrin

So I think yay on me. I'll be lurking around and maybe post once in a while, that's sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:46 am
I have been called a geek and a dork before but I consider myself a nerd lol!

Obssesed with videogames? HELL YEAH!
Likes to roleplay? Dude... someone must of come across a roleplay I've done something in by now!
Using Linux right now?/Hates Micro$oft? Well I dont like using any system other than Microsoft. Dont get me wrong - I agree Microsoft technology is flawed but I cant use anything else lol!
Think a PC is sexy? Nope...
Knowing some main programming language? Ah... I can sort of use BBCode and HTML a bit...
Wearing glasses? Yup emo  

Enkzilla

Lustral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:35 pm
Bring Up My Post

Dude, Geeks unite <3

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games