Reply Manga Maniacs Forum
Manga - Expensive? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flying purple monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:29 pm
it can be. some are 7 wall others are 10 and the more you by thr more money. it depends on he=ow rich you are if you can call them expencive.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:20 pm
when i look at one book then i think "oh it's not that bad...". but that's just until i see how many vol. there are in the series xp . THEN i don't want to buy it cuz it'll cost quite a bit....plus my dad probably wouldn't let me anyways stare  

AznJonMan

Ming Chen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:04 pm
XP In US, it costs around 10 dollars for black and white Viz media manga, 7.95 and up for specifically shonen jump...But for colored manga like Gun Grave, you have to pay 15 dollars for each one, and they are REALLY short. Anyone whos seen one of them will know how much of a rip off it is. XP  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:29 pm
$10 a manga is alot /:
that's why i've been reading more books instead of manga sweatdrop  

fReAKy PnAy

Albican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:43 pm
Let's see...I've read 14 volumes of Love hina, 20 of Flame of Recca, 21 volumes of this, 36 of that, etc....all with out paying. I'd say I owe over 2k to the bookstore. So yeah, manga is expensive. I mean, you can read 1 whole book in about 45 min. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:29 pm
To me, manga can be a bit of an expense. If I budget and stay on top of the release schedules, I can get all the manga I really want.  

stafffighter

Kallyona

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:41 pm
They're around $10 here, but I can get them cheaper since my mom homeschools us which means she can use her educator's discount card (20% off) on them.

I'm pretty poor, but I think it's a fair price considering all the work that goes into bringing them to NA. The key is to wait for those wonderful Buy [insertnumberhere] Get One Free sales at Walden Books and Borders. biggrin

I read manga online as well, but if I like the manga I'll buy it when it comes out here, unless I really hate the translation *cough*earlyvolumesofnaruto*cough*. It's good to support the creators if you really like it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:14 pm
NZ$20 here is pretty average, dunno what that is in US >.>;
u,u

Teh Yellow Rubber Ducky

x The Kings Diz x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:03 am
£6.99 in scotland  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:50 am
xX hikari san Xx
About 10 bucks each in the U.S.
I HATE IT!

yea i know  

Such A Beautiful Disaster

zenyba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:01 pm
if you say that 9,99$ cost alot you haven't seen the price in Montreal, the low for us is 9,99 and normal price is 12,99 or 13,99 and the big price are 16,99/ 18,99  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:20 pm
zenyba
if you say that 9,99$ cost alot you haven't seen the price in Montreal, the low for us is 9,99 and normal price is 12,99 or 13,99 and the big price are 16,99/ 18,99

I agree in canada they are exspensive,$9.99 is cheep here! confused  

MiniMouses Evil Twin

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:51 pm
It differs greatly by most of the publishers.

Shojo beat and Shonen Jump is the cheapest about 8 bucks.

Most manga, such as tokyopop is about 10 bucks.

Dark Horse differs but i bought some hellsing last week and it was like......14 crying .

(in America)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:54 am
it is where i live, but i live in hawaii so there's all this like shipping to get it here so that might just be me ninja ninja  

Xx__blue-kun__xX

Mintchocochocochip

2,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:01 am
For me the manga I buy are usually $9 for me.... One time I bought Negima!? Its volume is 1,2,3 was actually 12 dollars. It was a fabulous deal  
Manga Maniacs Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff