Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Magic the Gathering Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
  Sure
View Results

Baubles the Shinigami

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:25 pm
yeah i used to i think im gonna start again  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:40 pm
My favorite was the Ice Age Block Era. I pretty much stopped playing Magic when Ice Age was phased out of Type II as almost every card in my deck, including the card it was based around was phased out. >.>

Anyway what I played was an Ice Age Era Green/Red Stormbind Deck. Stormbind was a gold (green/red) Enchantment card that when in play would allow me to spend two mana to discard a card at random from my hand to do two damage to any target creature or player.

It had four howling minds, mana birds, mana elves. I used the digger to put cards back into my library. It really didn't matter what card got put back into the library as this as mostly just to help keep me from decking myself. (I had actually decked someone twice playing it.)

Ironically the biggest mistake that people always made when playing against it was to not destroy my howling mines. Everybody loves them being out as it speeds up the game, but a person with Stormbind drawing four cards every turn means that they can dump 8 damage on someone.

It was wonderful against discard decks because anytime they would try to make me discard cards, I would activate stormbind to blow up one of their creatures or do damage to them.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

waningdream

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:10 am
i play magic but i dont exactly paly tournament rules and i will paly wth banned cards no matter what people say because i believe if they made them we can play them  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:55 pm
I like magic the Gathering  

Left_sep_14

kitsume0123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:21 pm
I've never played it.
My brother loves playing it.
But I can't stand card games don't know why.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:39 pm
I love mtg though I don't play often anymore. My older brother got me into it about 4 years ago. Now my little brother is getting into it so I gave him a bunch of cards for Christmas.

I'd like to collect import Japanese trading card games. The actually have a suikoden one!!! heart  

chibi_kasumi_108

El Rab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:54 pm
I recently got back into it again, and my room-mate is a huge fan of it, so...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:10 pm
Haven't played since 7th ed., and even then I wasn't very good.

Everyone I ever taught to play was quickly better than me.  

Mangolyn

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:15 pm
i wish i could play Magic *sighs*
wow. i can't believe it: i feel left out on a nerdy topic. well, actually i can, but it doesn't happen very often. and when it does, i feel like this. ...Like when i'm in checkmate. All I can do is stare at the pieces and feel helpless. ... ...I'm going to the Huggle Squad emo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:40 am
I play.. ALOT!! Magic is the BEST!  

Agathos Daimon

Yu-Bashiri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:36 am
Im a medium core M:TG player. Ive been around since 7th edition. I prefer the aggro/control U/W style of play. If you live in the South Carolina area give me a shout and we can either play or I can teach.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:25 pm
Me and my sister play Magic Coldsnap (she got it for her birthday). But sometimes I play the orginal verison, too. I'm not that good...*pout*, but I'm learning.  

La Bella Rosa

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:45 am
i do i do, but i am not very good, YuGiOh is kinda stupid, magic the gathering is more complex and is a little more interesting if you ask me  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:02 pm
i love magic, and yet it's not my noly love...still, i love the rakdos...they combined my two best colors...yesssss.....  

sandxdemon

okdud12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:22 pm
there is an MTG guild

you should join  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games