Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Difference Between Geeks and Nerds Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which are you?
  Geek
  Nerd
  Dork
  Dweeb
  None of the above
View Results

africanmuskrat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:53 am
whats a dweeb?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:29 pm
My friend Sean calls me an "antisocial nerd"... i find that very strange however. o.O He's definitely the nerd.  

musicfreak42

Nimeton Ei Kukaan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:10 am
Well, I guess I'm a geeky-nerdy-dweeb. I've been called all of those.

I always thought that geeks and nerds were smart and possibly unatractive.
I had never before even heard of dweebs though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:39 pm
Nerds are the kids who get good grades in school, don't follow the latest fashions, and are usually really into books (ex. Harry Potter, Eragon, ect.) and fantasy (D&D, Neverwinter Nights, Everquest). Nerds are also very business savy.

Geeks are really tech savy, though they usually don't get very good grades in school. They tend to be sort of (but not overly) anti-social, and not really open to people outide of their friends. Usually you can find these people in online communities, like Gaia, online roleplaying games, and chat sites.

Dweebs are people who aren't overly smart, athletic, or really anything of value. They tend to be kids who lack friends, good grades, extra-curriculars, or personal hygiene. They are very annoying, and they'll cling to anybody who is nice to them, so beware!

Dorks are kind of like dweebs, but not as smart. They are also more clingy than dweebs, and less likely to break school rules. Dorks are arrogant, in thinking that they are smarter than everyone else.

There's also gamers, which is a type of geek. These people dress normally and are more socialable than regular geeks. They get bad grades and play tons of video games (bordering on obsession). Many of these people are less internet-dependant than other geeks.

Finally, there's anime-freaks. AKA japanaholics or japanophiles. They watch excessive amounts of anime, by manga, go to online sites related to anime/manga, and usually read fanfiction. Unlike geeks, nerds, dweebs, dorks, and gamers; however, these people function in normal society. They even have... *gasp* relationships.

I think most people on Gaia are either anime-freaks or geeks.  

grimreaperlady

3x3_eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:44 pm
wow I read it alll!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:01 pm
i disagree i think dorks are normal people that are not afraid to be goofey and have fun and dont care if they stand out.. i like dorks and nerd and geek (dorks being my favorite hehe) but not becasue they are nerdy geeky or dorkey but because they are not afraid to have fun and dont care about what other people think... im dorky xd idc but im certainly not the defination that was put for a dork. stare  

nikki1512

Ryuu Suishou

13,475 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:42 am
Actually, most nerds I know (and this might be just from my generation as well) are highly inept at most social situations. They are the ones with high intelligence, limited fashion sense, and their own sense of what's kewl. They have the intelligence to run a business, but are never the ones you see behind the counter, a silent partner if you will. Most nerds I know actually shy away from running a business because they realize in that one arena they wouldn't be successful.

I was a nerd when I was a kid, but I am definitely a geek since the time I was in middle school. Geeks of my generation are socially acceptable and are generally a good idea to keep around because they can do things most people have problems with or can't do at all. Though they may not be knowledgable about mainstream topics, they are at least willing to listen (which most nerds won't do). I know a lot of geeks who are anti-social within themselves but when you get them talking you don't want them to shut up. These are the ones mainstreamers will actually pick up on things from because you'd be surprised what a geek remembers and picks up out there. LOL. And I do find geeks tend to be specialized in a few areas, knowing more about those topics than any other. Maybe that's why we're willing to listen, to find out more about the stuff we don't know about LMAO.

At any rate...I always considered dorks the ones who were unattractive, unintelligent, and thought they were cool while dweebs were unattractive, unintelligent, and knew that they were. Dweebs are the ones who almost always try to say something cool and then blush or run because they know they've said something crazy while the dorks don't realize they've said something wrong.

Enough of my ranting. I find to my generation the very first post is accurate. And thus I'm a geek and proud of it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:14 am
Hi, I'm new to this guild. And this is the first forum I've looked at!
I just recently realized just how geeky I really am. I watched a movie the other day that made this realization hit home. It was called "Free Enterprise." It was about 2 geeky filmmaker guys that meet William Shatner. I got almost all of the geek references to movies, tv shows, comic books, video games, etc...
I was sitting there and thinking, "I am a geek!"
I just never thought watching/reading/playing those things was so geeky.

mrgreen  

iMUFFIN HOAR

Koravin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:58 pm
I'm going to go hide in a little nerd ball now. If only Vulcans were real.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:09 am
I am a sci-fi nerd!! xd I knew that a long time ago LoL  

briC4-12

Senoyida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:43 pm
Pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:56 pm
Well I guess I'm a geek then, not like that's new though... rolleyes  

bbbensen

dondcook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:18 pm
well it is official..i am a dweeb..but i love em all..hella cool peeps  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:47 pm
Geeks = technos
Nerds = Intellectuals
Dorks = anything male with a kick button. By which I mean Neanderthal... either gender maybe after all.  

Vere412

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:47 pm
Im probly half way between geek and nerd [Gerd? Neek?] I wouldnt say im bad looking, but im not all that good on technology, although i want to be...im better at Sci fi tech, and i think that the geeks would be the not so good lookers...i dont know  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games