Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Best Game Series EVER...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Video Game Series Ever?
  Final Fantasy
  Madden
  Dynasty Warriors
  Zelda
  Mario
  Other(Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, Dragon Quest, etc.)
View Results

Serenance

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:30 pm
I personally think Shadow Hearts (Koudelka being the prequel) is one of the best series, of course until they brought out the third one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:38 am
VOTING FOR ME MAKES YOU COOL!!!!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/avatararena/gaiaarena?mode=vote&postid=1595&key=56rgz6  

Vasis

ChlorineFriday

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:20 pm
Kara_Nari
I swear to god, I am the only person in the world that doesn't like final fantasy.

I don't like it either. However, I am a Silent HIll, Resident Evil, and Mario fan.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:15 pm
Legend of Zelda. D<

... And Final Fantasy. xD

Saedran Danae

Jim3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:04 pm
Super Smash Bros, no questions asked. Or metroid series... confused  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:27 pm
Jinx XIII
are you kidding me its all about zelda its liek one of the oldest and greatest series still going to this very day

Final Fantasies older, not to mention better [no offence]. 7 would be my fav. FF series has virtually lead games in 'leveling up'. I cant wait to see the upgraded FFVII...the only problem is i dont have a PS3. Final Fantasy has to be the greatest gameing franchise of all time, hands down, no questions asked, end of discussion, cut, print, check the tape moving on  

Kurzon_Dax

Aelis Mikilai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:04 am
ChlorineFriday
Kara_Nari
I swear to god, I am the only person in the world that doesn't like final fantasy.

I don't like it either. However, I am a Silent HIll, Resident Evil, and Mario fan.

FINALLY someone mentions Resident Evil! And Silent Hill, too! I'm not going to say "oh, this game pwns that game, etc. etc."

I've only played a tiny bit of FFX and I didn't really like it much, but mainly that was because I didn't understand the whole turn-based battle system, etc. sweatdrop But I've been watching my BF play FFXII and it looks pretty interesting to me. 3nodding I'll always be a shooter fan (first game was ye olde DOOM on Commodore 64).

I dunno; my two cents. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:01 pm
DOOM! Oh god, how could I forget about Doom! Yeah, it's great.  

ChlorineFriday

moko123456789 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 3, 1, 5, 4, 5, 4, 4, 2, 6, 2, 6, 5, 5, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1 Total: 69 (20-120)

moko123456789

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:56 pm
moast of those games are good but i prefer the digimon games(digimon world 1 , 2 , 3 ) i still want didimon world 4  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:37 am
Where is warcraft!

But, anyway, the one real quantifyable answer to this good ol' question is what game series has been most profitable over the years, often a good sign of what series is truely the best. In which case the numbers come as the following...

Please enjoy this top ten list of Video Gamming moneymakers...

10: Gran Turismo

9: Sonic The hedgehog

8: Donkey Kong (Spechal note, Ive been the the bar whereas the first Donkey kong machine was launched in america... fun fact!!!)

7: Zelda

6: The sims

5: Grand Theft Auto

4: Madden NFL

3: Final Fantasy

2: Pokemon

And the NUMBER ONE best selling Video Game series ever is....

*drumroll*

1: MARIO!

These figures are published in game informer issue 168, April 2007. They site their sorce as direct by the games publishers and the NPD. Figures are baised on number of units sold, not price or total value.

And just as a fun fact, The top 3 selling games of all time *individual, units sold*

1: Super Mario Bros. 3 (18 million units)
2:The Sims (16 million units)
3: Diablo II (15 million units)  

Kahalm

Raven Yun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:30 pm
Galactic Civilizations.

Nerds.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:54 am
Final Fantasy ONLY because of Chrono Trigger  

Jak T Chance

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:20 pm
Jak T Chance
Final Fantasy ONLY because of Chrono Trigger

Chrono trigger has nothing to do with Final Fantasy except that its made by Square Enix  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:28 pm
Dragon Quest rocks because it is different. It still has an OVERWORLD! What is with the lack of those recently?!  

G43monkey

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:36 pm
dragon quest isnt all that original  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games