Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
How to be a Honest and Successfull Marketplacer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Puppeteer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:26 pm
Francis Drake
GinoLeTV
RingleaderOfTheTormentors
I dont know if anyone has said this, but if you buy something from the marketplace, dont always try to sell it for more than you bought it for. You should check the prices first, and sell it for slightly cheaper than the cheapest. If you dont want to do this, you can always horde it.
And also, some people are probably against this, but try checking out the time remaining part of the marketplace. You could bid on something cheap and sell it later for more...
I used to do the bid thing, but it became too stessful. Especially with larger bids you're investing thousands of gold (while still slightly cheaper than the lowest buy price) and yet someone can easily outbid you by one gold 10 seconds, or even 3 seconds, before the bid ends.

That is if the chicken s**t seller doesn't cancel the item at the last second.

Well most people who set it up for only bidding want someone to over bid but if they are selling a lunar cloak and someone bids only 50k it's understandable why they would cancle, can't always get the deal you want, thats when you try and haggle  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:42 pm
zphal_girl87 invited me  

Lightningcaster52

whitecookie2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:48 am
you also can look out for the items that very few people have and sometimes only 1 person is selling it in the mp and usually that 1person's price is really higher than its worth so u can sell it for like 25k less than that and usually that still might be 50k more than its really worth when a lot of people have it so u can make a good profit on that too ......... im trying to do this with my tooin'tino right now as it's priced 450k on the mp and mine is still the lowest price so im making a profit... just do this and u will make tons of profits my friend even got 700k for a tootin'tino so u may never know what will happen  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:59 pm
Thats a very knolegable speech in that first post, especally with 1k 100times=100k lol i never looked at it like that mrgreen  

Zack2323

Kaiki Kit

Seeking Treasure-Seeker

17,825 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:27 am
You can also check to see if the seller made a mistake. I bought a cast away jacket for 5gp when the bid was at 200gp  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:38 am
How do you check if the seller made a mistake?  

Lady_Chaosti

[-Laydee~Skittles-]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:13 pm
Very useful; thanks! <3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:48 pm
while you hit view and at the top theres a didgit missing say it was a 10k item now its a 1k item then you click really fast and put in ur password and you got a item thats worth 10k for 1k  

Illution Of The Red Mist

MassiveBacon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:01 pm
ugh its hard to earn money i will get the celebrity date I WILL!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:43 am
before selling and item make sure the price is correct for example ur selling an item that is 20,000 but u forgot to put another 0 so the price ur selling is 2,000 xd

that happend to me im selling vampire hunter hat for 20k but i forgot to put another 0 so i sold a vampire hunter hat for 2k stressed stressed

Now my avi sux  

roby55

CammyK

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Fascinating! How do you guys keep track of all this haggling?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:57 pm
I've been watching the market place prices on MC's and Cash shop items since the shop was opened.

I don't know how this will be taken but I'm seeing a pattern here and wanted to share it. Average MC sells seem to range between 18k to 21k during the first few days after they open.

At the same time the cash shop items like orphans, chess set items, and valentines day items trade at a much higher value. Just this week orphans traded at 9k with a .50 investment.

If you use credits to buy instead of gold (that's a big if I know but alot of people do) then this is how it breaks down

1 MC at 2.50 = 20k (roughly)

1 CS item at 50 = 9k
( that means 5 CS or 2.50 worth of CS = 45K )

The gift boxes at christmas were the most extreme example with each .50 box trading in the marketplace for roughly 20K each. It was an insanely unbalance situation where a person could invest 10 dollars and walk away with 200k in pure gold.

The lessen to get from this is simple. Cash shop items are a better resell item in the market than MC's.

The evolving items themselves do not follow this same trend. There pricing seems to be directly tied to the evolving item report with spikes occurring on items when they evolve. Once an item fully evolves the price does go down. Generally an evolving item will sell on release day for a price that is equal with it's second evolution. So if you buy after the initial spike on release you can expect it to get back up to that after it evolves once or twice.

Um... these are just observations not rules. The numbers do vary but I thought it might be useful to post about.  

D3mons Light

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:01 am

cabbage_patch_doll_xoxo

[+More]
  • Amethyst Milady Bodice
  • Amethyst Milady Skirt
  • Autumn Glory
  • Biancamella
  • Angelic Parasol
  • Christian Siriano's Purple Black Gown
  • Coon Tail
  • White Drome Egg
  • Death Whisper
  • Cloud
  • Demonic Anklets
  • Flame Sword
  • Frostbite Blade
  • Elemental Wings
  • Elemental Hair
  • Mythrill Halo
  • Prism Butterfly Mantilla
  • Mythic Hair
wahmbulance I have made good revenue of the MP and I find that patience is a virtue and you must be reasonable with your prices But sometimes you do become greedy wanting to see your gold go up so far I have earned over 2 million in the past 6 months or so at first had no idea how to play gaia now all I do is hang out in the market place looking for bids and biding on them last minute hoping to win and it has worked out pretty well but sometimes you fall into a slump where no one wants to buy from you I guess its because the prices you put on specific items are to high but sometimes you get lucky and they buy at buy now prices but I am becomming more addicted spending money on cash cards just to buy cash shop items to sell in my shop to make more gold but to me it is paying off in the long run because I am rich now thanks for reading my post if anyone is interested in trading with me just pm me or add me as a friend ok I am very genourous person at times if god willing you make me an opffer I can not refuse thanks gaia for being there for me cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:15 am
[+More]
  • Jacked-up Gloves
  • Jacked-up Pants
  • Jacked-up Shirt
  • Jacked-up Shoes
  • Jack's Anger
  • Jack's Despair
  • Pumpkin Stump
That almost complete set of mine is made just from my profit of dealing with those items.

OLD EVENT ITEMS
Mainly
Jacked up 2003 shirts/items

the most over looked items to deal with.
I know what your all thinking, hard to sell not worth the time or effort.
This is false.
Well yes they take a while to sell although if you are skilled you can make hundreds of thousands to millions.
Day1: JU shirt for K-mask K masks were around 1900k (which I bought for 1800k) and the shirts were around 3000k
3 days later:
selling shirt for 1000k+ in profit
within the same week I bought JU pants for 800k then sold them for 1300k
Recently I've decided to actually finish my collection on JU 03 item
and in total if I were to sell them all for pure I'd have 15000k in profit at a minimum.
I don't see why people don't see the possibilities in dealing with old event items.

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~

[u:630eb5a8fb][b:630eb5a8fb]GREED LEADS TO FAIL![/b:630eb5a8fb][/u:630eb5a8fb]

'06 Exchanger | Haggler by choice[/color:630eb5a8fb]

heart Haxxed by sex fairy 21/09/2008 heart [/align:630eb5a8fb]

Polyurethane

Man-Hungry Hunter

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:02 pm
Sgt Judgement
I dont know if anyone has said this, but if you buy something from the marketplace, dont always try to sell it for more than you bought it for. You should check the prices first, and sell it for slightly cheaper than the cheapest. If you dont want to do this, you can always horde it.
And also, some people are probably against this, but try checking out the time remaining part of the marketplace. You could bid on something cheap and sell it later for more...

That's Exactly what i do <3  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces