Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
A High Increase of Scamming.. Discuss the Issue. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scammers?
  Nothing but Scum
  n00bs looking for items & gold fast.
  If I was a Moderator, I'd cast the first stone.
View Results

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:16 pm
AzureFlame
*sigh* People are just too lazy to earn their own gold and items. I too am tired of the PMs asking me to give my password.

Like I said, just report them. Make them create new mules. Two seconds of work for you, more for them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:32 pm
cinders4mysteria
A friend of mine was recently hacked and was trying to get her whole friends list to send them our passwords but I didn't fall for it.

if anyone's hacked, just report it to gaia staff and i think they will get their accounts back......
a friend of mine was hacked, and eventually she got all her items back  

yoshizuki-chan

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:55 pm
yoshizuki-chan
cinders4mysteria
A friend of mine was recently hacked and was trying to get her whole friends list to send them our passwords but I didn't fall for it.

if anyone's hacked, just report it to gaia staff and i think they will get their accounts back......
a friend of mine was hacked, and eventually she got all her items back

That is really cool, I thought if someone got your password you were just screwed.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:19 pm
of course, that could be true......that was just one case out of who knows how many

but if a person is really determined to steal things from an account, they can probably make the activities untracable  

yoshizuki-chan

tainted angel 87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:26 pm
I got an email scam. It was ... differant >.<.
I don't give out my password, But there are alot of "i got hacked" topics in gaias q & a. Which means the scamers are making a nice tidy profit out of it all.
I don't understand why people give out their passwords though, there's a million warnings above the pm's saynig don't.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:36 pm
haha some people are just like that, careless i mean  

yoshizuki-chan

LemonWarlord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:15 pm
Scamming is one of the easiest to counter.

If it's the password scam, that says you hacked or scammed. Reply:

OMGOMGOMG! I DUN WANNA BE BANNED crying crying crying crying crying

If it's the giftbox scam, do this:

Hmmm, I'll just send you an item wrapped in a giftbox too. Why not let you "explode" in joy too?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm
LemonWarlord
Scamming is one of the easiest to counter.

If it's the password scam, that says you hacked or scammed. Reply:

OMGOMGOMG! I DUN WANNA BE BANNED crying crying crying crying crying

If it's the giftbox scam, do this:

Hmmm, I'll just send you an item wrapped in a giftbox too. Why not let you "explode" in joy too?

rofl hahaha never thought of that
i'll try it one of these days lol  

yoshizuki-chan

Silent_Departures

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:41 pm
I personally despise scams but depending on how hard you push the effort to get your items back from the scammer, it may actually work. When I had my demonic pendant, I striked a bargain with someone so that he would give me the payments in weekly payments. After the first three weeks, he just stopped. I PMed him several times and when he ignored me, I merely handed the case to the Moderator, I eventually got it back after almost half a year later...It would help greatly if you had a screenshot of the trade or PMs...

For password scammers, they're just too annoying...I just keep my PM onto friends.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:16 pm
One of my supposed online "friends" asked to borrow my bani clips one time. I told him to return them in a week, no show. Kept asking him, and finally, I got pms from his friends saying he scammed me and was saying I gave them to him to keep, and was about to sell them. I frantically pmed him pleading him to give them back, but still no. Then on AIM he randomly sent a message that was inappropriate and calling me things, then signed off before I could reply. I got super pissed because I realized the prices for them had shot up tremendously since I had bought them. Don't fall for any "borrowing" scams. -.-|||  

Kitsune Rena

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

chung

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm
Well I have two stories of scamming the first they got me, the second I caught on.

1. I was selling my nitemare headband which was proving pretty hard, so I got a PM sayig he wanted to trade a jack bag 5 '03 for it...so i asked the value and he said 500k...and the nitmare hb is only 400k..so of coarse it sounded fishy but I needed the gold. after the trade I com to find out it is in fact 500k in the market place...but that's only b/c he had another in there and he set the price...and the bag is only worth 90k....he must have been a pro at this b/c reporting him would be no use since he was the only one with a bag in the marketplace and that makes its price the price listing for the bag.

2. I got a PM saying that they wanted to trade there bao for my ninja hb...I had no idea what a bao was and I told them that...and she said she bouyght it for 564k and luckly at same time I was in a thread of someone selling a bao and i saw the same user post ad say she wasn't going to pay over 20k for it...if it was infact 564k value she would've jumped on it at the price of 20k...so I reported her.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:55 pm
chung
Well I have two stories of scamming the first they got me, the second I caught on.

1. I was selling my nitemare headband which was proving pretty hard, so I got a PM sayig he wanted to trade a jack bag 5 '03 for it...so i asked the value and he said 500k...and the nitmare hb is only 400k..so of coarse it sounded fishy but I needed the gold. after the trade I com to find out it is in fact 500k in the market place...but that's only b/c he had another in there and he set the price...and the bag is only worth 90k....he must have been a pro at this b/c reporting him would be no use since he was the only one with a bag in the marketplace and that makes its price the price listing for the bag.

2. I got a PM saying that they wanted to trade there bao for my ninja hb...I had no idea what a bao was and I told them that...and she said she bouyght it for 564k and luckly at same time I was in a thread of someone selling a bao and i saw the same user post ad say she wasn't going to pay over 20k for it...if it was infact 564k value she would've jumped on it at the price of 20k...so I reported her.
sadly all this happened yesterday..lol  

chung

Golden-Duckie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:03 am
Well, people that actually are too lazy and decide to hack/scam other gaians that work hard for their stuff is just plain insane. I guess I have to be lucky because no one has done that to me...yet.
The only thing I get is when I go into the towns and people just beg me for gold, and then they put me on their friends list. confused They just get ignored; they can get their gold all by themselves. If I can earn 20K in one day, just by clover sales for 12 hours, then they can too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:59 am
somepne tried to accuse me of bottleing gold and wanted my selling log info and my account info ... >.< ... lucky im not a n00b anymore ... i reported him, but the nerve of some people to try on a year old account ....  

Twiganut

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100

Twiganut

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:00 am
golden-duckie
Well, people that actually are too lazy and decide to hack/scam other gaians that work hard for their stuff is just plain insane. I guess I have to be lucky because no one has done that to me...yet.
The only thing I get is when I go into the towns and people just beg me for gold, and then they put me on their friends list. confused They just get ignored; they can get their gold all by themselves. If I can earn 20K in one day, just by clover sales for 12 hours, then they can too.

lucky I cant get into towns so im left with the random ones, I only make around 7k yesterday!  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff