Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Peter turned at the sound of the compartment door opening, and saw that James was making his way inside the compartment.

"Hello Sirius. Hello Peter. When do you think Remus will get here?"

"Hallo, James," Peter answered in greeting. He hummed in thought for a moment. "I'm not quite sure when Remus will be boarding. I'm sure he's already on the train, knowing him, but didn't he say he was made Prefect this year? Maybe they have to meet up somewhere else?" He wasn't exactly sure that that was true, but he shrugged, letting it go. "How was your summer, James? I got a few owls from Sirius, quite a few from Remus, but not too many from you, which lead me to believe you probably had quite a busy summmer, eh?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:48 pm
"Looking forward to fifth year, eh, Sirius?"

Sirius looked over at Peter, who had just entered the compartment. "Oh, hey, Pete. I didn't see you there. Yeah, I guess I'm looking forward to fifth year. Just glad to be back with you rogues." He flashed Peter a cheeky grin.

Just as he was about to ask Peter about his summer, James walked in. "Hello Sirius. Hello Peter. When do you think Remus will get here?"

Sirius looked over and smiled warmly at his best mate. "James! How've you been, you dodgy bloke? Haven't talked to you since -" he cut himself off, sobering suddenly. Thankfully, Peter replied, noticing the tension.

"I'm not quite sure when Remus will be boarding. I'm sure he's already on the train, knowing him, but didn't he say he was made Prefect this year? Maybe they have to meet up somewhere else?"

Sirius awkwardly ran his fingers through his hair and shrugged in indifferent agreement to Peter's response.

Freak Show Excess

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:04 am
Bella had just folded her letter, putting it back into her robes when she heard the warning whistle, indicating the train was about to leave. Figures, she scowled inwardly, scooping up the kitten which had fallen asleep next to her. Standing, she left the compartment, finding the hallways completely crowded with nervous first years still trying to find somewhere to sit before the train started moving. Without a word, she quietly pushed herself through the crowd. It didn't take her long to find the compartment Sirius was in, a quick glance inside the window told her James and Peter were in there with him.

She sighed, adjusting her robes before throwing open the door. Bella looked straight for Sirius, all but ignoring the other two boys in the compartment.

"Sirius!" she scolded, "Where have you been? I told you to meet me on the train."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:05 am
Lily Evans made her way onto the train, all of her bags put into the luggage compartment. Under her arm was a large book on Ancient Runes, and she couldn't wait to get a read. She grabbed the first empty compartment, and closed the door, happily nestling down to read.

She was so glad today was the first day back, a small serene smile played across her lips as her eyes skirted across the pages of her book. Silence, alone, a good book in lap. This was a avid reader's paradise.

Psychopathic Sanity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:24 am
Rita looked at her notepad quite please with her work. If nothing else transpired between now and arriving at hogwarts, it would do. The warning whistle blew confirming the little time she had to find a new story. She stood up to get more paper when she noticed Bellatrix stride past her compartment, looking like she was on a very serious mission.She quickly moved to the door and checked for anyone else in the hallway. Luckily, only first years had left their compartments.

'Wonderful!,' Rita thought, grabbing her quills and paper before exiting her compartment and following Bellatrix, making sure to remain a good yard behind her. She came to a sudden halt when Bellatrix practically assaulted one of the compartments doors. 'A family torn, grief on the Hogwarts Express,' she wrote upon seeing where Bellatrix had stopped.

"Sirius!" Bellatrix scolded, "Where have you been? I told you to meet me on the train."

That was when she noticed the unusual gleam in Bellatrix's eye. 'Oh dear, slight change then.' Tucking herself away behind a random statue that was in the hallway, Rita whipped out a quick quill, the more efficient writing utensil. She glanced at her paper and saw the quill was already scribling furiously. 'This is going to be great!' she thought as she waited for the rest of the seen to unfold.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:05 am
"Sirius!" [Bellatrix] scolded, "Where have you been? I told you to meet me on the train."

Sirius groaned inwardly as he heard Bellatrix's voice. He looked over at her sheepishly, then gave her a toothy grin. "Bella! How've you been, dear girl? Honestly, I looked everywhere for you!" He stood up and made a very big show of hugging her. "Enjoying the first day of the new school year, eh?" He chuckled a little, knowing that he hadn't pulled off the ruse very well, but he was really not in the mood to see anyone from his former family, especially not one he cared about.

Freak Show Excess

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:46 am
"Bella! How've you been, dear girl? Honestly, I looked everywhere for you!"

Sirius grinned sheepishly, pulling her into a big hug almost squishing her new kitten between them. Bellatrix hugged him back, the kitten mewing in protest.

"Enjoying the first day of the new school year, eh?"

She grabbed him at the elbow with her free hand, her tone completely dead serious, "Sirius, what is going on? They're talking of removing you from the family tree, your brother said you ran away. Your mother is in hysterics, are you out of your mind! Why can't you just denounce the bloody dirty blood and come home."

By the time she had finnished her tirade, she hadn't actually raised her voice, just gotten more vehement. Bella took a slow breath to collect herself, "This is serious."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:30 am
"Sirius, what is going on? They're talking of removing you from the family tree, your brother said you ran away. Your mother is in hysterics, are you out of your mind! Why can't you just denounce the bloody dirty blood and come home."

Peter felt as if he had been doused in cold water. What was this about Sirius being removed from his family? Was it true? It surely would explain the cloud that had seemingly formed over his friend's head. "S... Sirius, what is she talking about...?" he asked warily. He was pretty sure Bellatrix would not openly talk to Sirius in the presence of him and James if it had NOT been serious... He looked between the two of them. Sirius' eyes spoke of murder, Bellatrix's something of the same, only with more concern. He didn't know what was going on, but he had the feeling it was not going to be good...

un de plus pamplemousse

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:31 pm
Sitting in the back of the Prefect's compartment, half-heartedly listening to what the newly appointed Head Boy had to say was a quiet, scarred boy. With one leg bent and rested over the other in a relaxed position and his hands tapping lightly on the bottom of his shoe to some made up rhythm, he was anxious for this little meeting to end. Not that he minded being Prefect, for he secretly hoped ever since he was a first year that by the time he was fifteen he would receive the great honor; but it was knowing that his two best friends Sirius and James were probably poking fun over him being perfect Prefect at this very moment for Peter to giggle mindlessly over.

Finally the Head Boy stopped talking and Remus nearly jumped up and out of his seat. He didn't wait to be held back by something that the Head Boy or Head Girl might have forgotten, for it if was something serious, they would obviously come and see him either before or after the feast. He quickly opened the door to the compartment, strolled out, and closed it shut with a bang behind him. Remus tried to make it back to their usual compartment in the back of the train as fast as he could, but the dazed and confused first years made the hallway on the train like one giant obstacle course. Pushing his way through the crowds, apologizing for bumping into scared looking children here and there, he finally made it to the compartment without even looking in to see who all was inside. Just about the time that he was about to greet his friends, his amber eyes rested on a girl whom he did not have the best feelings towards from all of the stories that he has heard from Sirius about her. Perhaps if he sneaked out, no one would realize that he was here, and maybe he could sit with Lily Evans and her friends until Bellatrix decided to leave.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:31 pm
Gilderoy sat in a compartment by himself thoroughly pleased. He had been practicing his smile and greeting for the past hour and knew it had reached a new level of greatness. His fan club wouldn’t know what to do with themselves when he finally graced them with his presence. 'Maybe I should test it, just to be sure . . .' he thought, walking to the door.

One of the club members, another girl form Hufflepuff was watching the door to the compartment, making sure no one would disturb him. Gilderoy slowly slid the door open and smiled. The girl turned around, thinking something was amiss and saw nothing but Gilderoy, smiling, at her. Her last thought was, 'how beautiful' before she collided with the floor.

Gilderoy studied her crumpled form for a moment before clapping his hands, summoning a new girl to guard the door. Gilderoy bowed to her before closing the door behind him. Pulling a checklist from his robes, Gilderoy added a tick mark to the column labeled "Crumpled." Sliding it back into place, Gilderoy retrieved a mirror from his bag. While smiling at his reflection, he fluffed his hair one last time and sat beside his bag. "And another crumples at your feet. You sly dog you!" his reflection commented, beaming up at him. "This looks to be a fruitful year already." Gilderoy replied, stifling a slight yawn. "Looks like somebody needs their beauty rest," the reflection observed. “I need the rest, not so much the beauty. I already have plenty of that,” Gilderoy retorted. His reflection could only nod in agreement as Gilderoy replaced the mirror in his hand with a scarf, wrapped up his hair, then curled up on the seat for his beauty rest.

Mmm Bop

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:19 pm
"Sirius, what is going on? They're talking of removing you from the family tree, your brother said you ran away. Your mother is in hysterics, are you out of your mind! Why can't you just denounce the bloody dirty blood and come home. This is serious."

Hearing the secret he had been trying desperately to keep from his friends coming from Bellatrix's mouth without so much as a thought towards who might've overheard struck a chord deep in Sirius' mind. He went completely white, and his mouth opened and closed several times without him being able to form a coherent thought.

"S... Sirius, what is she talking about...?" Sirius heard Peter's reply and turned to him, giving him a thin, watery smile before whipping his head back towards Bellatrix.

"Bella..." he managed to grind out of his clenched teeth before he tore out of the compartment, colliding with Remus, who had apparently just arrived. "Remus! S-sorry, I didn't see you there." He said, clearly in some sort of panic. Helping his friend up, he continued to walk briskly towards the front of the train, pushing people out of his way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:03 pm
Rita couldnt believe her ears. Sirius Black of THE Blacks might be disowned? And by a choice he made? Rita crept closer to the compartment so she wouldnt miss a word. This was too good to be true. She giggled with glee as she imagined how the finished article would look. Her giggle ended abruptly as Remus Lupin bumped into her. Rita prepared to make a hasty get away, but Remus paid her no attention and went straight into the compartment then suddenly collided with the floor. 'Now why is he falling all over himself,' she wondered as Sirius stormed out past the now upright Remus. Rita's eyes darted back and forth between the now silent compartment and the storming Sirius. At times like this, she really wish there was a way for her to be in two places at once.  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mistril

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:41 pm
VenaticiXenophilius had just finished re-reading his notes on Nargles when he heard a 'thunk'. He jumped, and woke Ara, his Kneazle, causing her to jump onto the floor in surprise. He patted her head apologetically, and curiously walked to the compartment door. Just as he was about to peer out, Sirius flew by. He then looked the way in which he had heard the noise and noticed that Remus looked a little dishieveled. He assumed that they must have an argument of some sort. And, judging by the way Rita was looking back and forth between them, it was probably something she found extremly interesting and he would undoubtedly be reading about it later.

Closing the compartment door, he picked Ara back up and set her in his lap. Wanting to make sure he hadn't missed any information on Nargles, he began to read one of his books on magical beasts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:06 pm
Lucius frowned as a number of inordantly loud sounds came in through the compartment door.

Oh, for the love of..

How long had they been on the Hogwarts Express? Less than five minutes? Was it really that difficult to keep quiet for such an infinitely small amount of time?

Why, even Crabbe and Goyle had no trouble being quiet for a mere five minutes.

.. Although, possibly, that was due to their inability to come up with something to talk about besides Quidditch. Honestly, was everyone but him obsessed with the sport? True, the favoured team was doing pretty well this year, and there were some high hopes for.. but that hardly meant..

And it went on. Lucius rolled his eyes and looked annoyed. Of course it did.

Well! He'd just have to do something about that, then! He wasn't about to let other people's misery be a nuisance to him.

Lucius stood and opened the door of the compartment, his annoyance causing it to slam rather loudly. Well, if nothing else, he knew how to make an entrance.

There was someone in front of the doorway. Lucius' frown deepened as he recognised the girl as that annoying gossip-mongering sixth-year student who thought she was a reporter and proceeded to slander people left and right in what no one else dared describe as a newspaper.

Lucius proceeded to ignore her and whatever reaction she might have to him slamming the compartment door behind her rather loudly. She was of no importance! And she was not the one making a ruckus right outside the compartment.

"I say," Lucius said, "Would you mind keeping it down out here? Not all of us are keen on disrupting the peace any chance we get."

Malfoy glared at the people in the hall that he could see, his eyes finally coming to rest on Bellatrix Black. One eyebrow quirked itself in the trademark aristocratic manner. "And here I thought we had taught you better than this.." He sniffed disdainfully at the way he felt she was discrediting the Slytherin House and pureblood families everywhere.

"Now if all of you would be so kind as to keep it down, then I won't be forced to acknowledge your pitiful existence!" And with that, Lucius stalked back into the compartment, slamming the door once more behind him as he did.

So much for the good start of the day..  

Maze

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas