Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Why Geeks and Nerds are Worth It Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give a nerd a
  cookie?
  try!
View Results

Monique Smiling

Sparkly Conversationalist

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:45 am
WELL... MY CURRENT BOYFRIEND IS A MIDDLETHING...
NERDY BUT ALSO OUTGOING...
AND I LOVE THAT...
HE IS THE BEST...

MY EXBOYFRIEND WAS ONLY NERDY... NOT SAYING THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE DEPTH.. NOT AT ALL..
HE WAS A GREAT GUY, BUT HIS INSECURITY MADE HIM INTO A STALKER..
SO YEAH... NERDS CAN BE GREAT..
BUT IT CAN ALSO BE A CURSE IF IT'S OVERDONE...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 pm
GEEKS ANG NERDS UNITED WILL RULE THE WORLD..lol  

TYLER09

crimson_day

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:41 pm
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr iiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssss eeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl smile smile smile biggrin biggrin crying crying redface redface stare scream gonk blaugh 3nodding xd stressed sweatdrop heart domokun xp domokun domokun domokun eek eek surprised sad wink wink whee cool cool confused mad razz mad mad exclaim exclaim twisted twisted evil cry 4laugh neutral mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:19 pm
I'm a girl gamer/nerd and the best thing about it are the parties. My girl gamer friends through a great lan party. 6 computers hooked up in the dinning room, and a tv in every other room hooked up to multiplayer games. And all the energy drinks you could buy. It was heaven. We invited some of the guy gamers we knew too. wink  

Onagoshi

Onagoshi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:24 pm
Monique Smiling
WELL... MY CURRENT BOYFRIEND IS A MIDDLETHING...
NERDY BUT ALSO OUTGOING...
AND I LOVE THAT...
HE IS THE BEST...

MY EXBOYFRIEND WAS ONLY NERDY... NOT SAYING THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE DEPTH.. NOT AT ALL..
HE WAS A GREAT GUY, BUT HIS INSECURITY MADE HIM INTO A STALKER..
SO YEAH... NERDS CAN BE GREAT..
BUT IT CAN ALSO BE A CURSE IF IT'S OVERDONE...
aww. sorry chicha. Yeah that can happen. You've got to find nice nerds. There are mean ones and creepy stalker ones too. There was this one guy that road a collapsible scooter everywhere (the really small ones you stick in your backpack.) Well, he stalked another girl in my drafting class for a year. and I saw him get hit by a car outside her dorm. It was beautiful and terrible. He was fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:55 pm
Ok, I have to agree with everything ......My boyfreind is a geek. Fullblown geek,except for not as computer inclined as some.But yes with magic the gathering and D&D and a big big big nitendo nerd and halo freak.And i love him to death.He's never dated,almost never goes to parties unless they involve video games, and is so sweet!!! I'm going to miss him a ton when he goes to collage in the fall.My point being,besides gushing, is that other girls should give geeks a chance. Yeah, there awkward and naieve, but once you give them a shot, it's definatly worth your while.They'll actully work on something if you tell them too,(and there good kissers).Besides, I've gotten invited to go to gaming parties(I'm addicted to Halo) since I've been with him, and that never would of happened if I'd never asked him out.I'd be stuck playing against my noobish younger brother and his freinds, and believe me that gets old fast when you win every time 25 to 3. I enjoy playing peopel better than me.But I digress.Geeks are awesome, date them!!!!  

pyrofoxflame

Kitsune-lass

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:51 am
There are levels of nerd.The nerds in the first post are the higher level kind,and the ones I prefer.I'm sure there are non-nerds who are considerate,caring,blah,blah,but for me?Nothing says love like a shared thumb-drive. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:28 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo go to it  

CrashedAviator

Jasmine Saku Yuro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:22 pm
And this is why I ONLY date nerds. I can't even begin to describe how disgusted I get by tweens walking around the mall, pelvis thrust forward, shoulders back, collars popped. Those are the most rude, disrespectful, gross guys ever.

Gamers are sweet. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:16 pm
Yeah, I don't have a boy friend but I'd l;ike one, but the problem is all the guys I know (yes, even the gamers) Are losers. Except for this one kid whom nobody can't help liking and is the Prince of the chorus. (It's a position, it means you take care of neck ties. He gotta because he acts nice and not like a jerk.) He doesn't act like a gamer though, so maybe he shouldn't be considered one....  

fairywaif

myonlycomfort_loneliness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:53 am
i always preferred the nerd/geek. i have an attraction to smart guys with messy hair and glasses who aren't obsessive about how they look. lol. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:06 am
but i never did figure out how they got put into the nerd/geek stereotype. they're just guys to me. but then again i tend to stereotype the jock and prep type more often than others. so i might be prejudiced on the subject of nerds vs. jocks. lol.  

myonlycomfort_loneliness

Lady_Chaosti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:15 pm
Being, not only the only girl, in a gaming group of 10, but also the youngest, I find that the respect and willingness to teach are all at very high levels amongst the intellegencia.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:33 am
one more thing girls, my mom always says
"Geeks always get the girl, When thier 30 and rich"
So get them, now, and keep them forever, and you will be with a guy with
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  

TheIncredibleGallimaufry

Shirtless Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:32 pm
My boyfriend is pretty nerdy, and some of the things in that list are true for him but some aren't. Unfortunately for me I don't fit neatly into any category, I'm not really a nerd but I'm not one of those super fashionable girls that wears make up all the time either. I'm not smart enough to be a nerd or good enough at games or any of that stuff. My boyfriend has tried to turn me into a "gamer girl" but I just don't have any talent at video games. I don't mind playing them with him but I'm never very good at them. I always feel like I've let him down in that respect. Because guys seem to always want the gamer girls and I'm not really capable of being one. D= I feel like a loser compared to those kind of girls. That's the only problem with having a nerdy boyfriend. But I love him and he's a lot better than other kinds of guys out there.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games