Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Stargate
Fav? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whos the best
  Samantha C.! She's stuck on a glacier with McGyver!
  O'neil....Jack O'neil
  Hans Olo-I mean, Danile Jackson. Lets hear it for the civilian!
  T'ilq [so many ways to spell his name, and i dont know the right one]
  That Mitchell guy....
View Results

MinakoTenjou
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:33 am
Sayuri-Ryuu
Lt. Colonel Sam Carter
Sayuri-Ryuu
I agree with everything you are saying. *nods sagely*

Except the Jonas thing. Gods, I hated Jonas. He had no character! No purpose! Nothing! And he was developed till a few episodes before he left. And the team did lose something after he joined. There was no witty repartee, no verbal fights, no hilarious one-liners, no character to act as a foil to jack....the list goes on.

So yeah, both Daniel and Jack are the heart of SG1, you need both to make it work. Both of them give the team oomph....or nes.....and without one, it don't work.

gotta agree with the jonas thing..he was useless....didn't like him...

Yay, someone agrees with me! Everyone I've talked to says, oh no, Jonas rocked... evil

I have a little theory - I reckon they didn't develop Jonas because they knew Shanks would be back - they developed Ronon right away when he came into SGA, why not Jonas?

aww...well, i must say i was sucked in by jonas. though in mayn episodes he was rather ignored and undeveloped, i must admit. and i think that's definitely a valid theory. i think they knew shanks was coming back. or at least hoped.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:10 pm
MinakoTenjou
Sayuri-Ryuu
Lt. Colonel Sam Carter
Sayuri-Ryuu
I agree with everything you are saying. *nods sagely*

Except the Jonas thing. Gods, I hated Jonas. He had no character! No purpose! Nothing! And he was developed till a few episodes before he left. And the team did lose something after he joined. There was no witty repartee, no verbal fights, no hilarious one-liners, no character to act as a foil to jack....the list goes on.

So yeah, both Daniel and Jack are the heart of SG1, you need both to make it work. Both of them give the team oomph....or nes.....and without one, it don't work.

gotta agree with the jonas thing..he was useless....didn't like him...

Yay, someone agrees with me! Everyone I've talked to says, oh no, Jonas rocked... evil

I have a little theory - I reckon they didn't develop Jonas because they knew Shanks would be back - they developed Ronon right away when he came into SGA, why not Jonas?

aww...well, i must say i was sucked in by jonas. though in mayn episodes he was rather ignored and undeveloped, i must admit. and i think that's definitely a valid theory. i think they knew shanks was coming back. or at least hoped.

yeah they probably knew or hoped at least as you said....i'm still glad jonas didn't stick around..hehehe...  

Lt. Colonel Sam Carter
Vice Captain

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:15 am
i wonder how the series would have turned out if he did stick around.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:43 am
glad i won't have to find out.....hehehhe  

Lt. Colonel Sam Carter
Vice Captain

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:37 am
Yeah, it just seems weird the way they didn't develop him, especially when he was replacing a major character. I mean, when Ronon came in to replace Ford they developed him straightaway.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:04 am
Oooo...I hate choices...went with Jack, but gotta love Dannyboy too!!!  

A. NuEvil

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:33 am
Daniels great, its true. Although he did go downhill in the later series, like every other character.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:53 pm
That's a very hard one to pick. For me it's a tie between Jack and Daniel. They both made the show what it's worth and I'm happy for that.  

blubecki

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:17 pm
Yep. *nods* I agree. Just like Shep and McKay in SGA.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:04 pm
Jack and Daniel,Jack and Daniel,Jack and Daniel,Jack and Daniel.They made the show,They made the show,They made the show,They made the show.I hope Jack make a cameo in the two movies there making at least.  

blubecki

Stargate

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces