What do you think of CLAMP?
  Hate
  Love
View Results

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:35 pm
gabrielalolita
The Atheistic Messiah
I think manga readers either hate CLAMP, or love them. Personally, I hate them because their books are slow paced and have basically no substance. Maybe I get bored too easily. What do you think?
Never red it B4!

How is that possible? -_- The most published shojo manga-ka's in the US?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:24 pm
The only Clamp I like is Magic Knight Rayearth, I've found the other titles to be short and kind of put together. The majority of the early titles are all the same, girl gets transported to another world, falls in love, saves word, goes home.  

Safiya_Ai

Rockstone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:31 pm
Safiya_Ai
The only Clamp I like is Magic Knight Rayearth

Same goes for me. It was the only one that actually was able to read to the end 'cose it was so short.
never liked the other ones

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 pm
I read some of their stuff, and its good.  

Atrum krigare

mischievous_pixie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:31 am
I like most of it, but it's not 'love'. I like the art, most of it is beautiful and the stories are cute, for as far as I know them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:34 pm
I beg to differ with those who say clamp series don't have deep plot lines, Go read XXXholic or tsubasa :/ I love clamp and I always will, ever sence I saw CardCaptors on like kidsWB 8 or 9 years ago.  

Adelle The Kat

Ehclipse Mint

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:47 am
Er, Clamp...is sort of neutral to me. I don't really mind them. They're OK. I don't hate them and I don't love them. They haven't really caught my attention so much with they're works but they're alright.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:16 pm
they reused characters in tsubasa and xxxholic, because people liked the characters from their old manga so much, i guess. sweatdrop
and they kinda meant for tsubasa to be a whole moshposh of old characters. ^.^
i do really like their storylines and art, though, even if it is a little slow.  

Kobayashi Haruka

BogiePop

Shameless Smoker

13,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:14 pm
i dont know if i love clamp i only read tsubasa and xxxholic cuz there cross over storys it cool. i like X the movie and show but i dont think id read them  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:51 am
I quite like CLAMP. Some of their things, I must admit, were rather boring, but I like most of their recent works, like xxxHolic, Chobits and Legal Drug. I also quite like their single book; For The One I Love.  

Red Kasei

Serenity24224

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:43 pm
Clamp is my favorite manga author/illistrator. The way they set up there pages draws me too it in the first place. I admitt they have had some slow books like you said but they have also had greate ones too. I dident like XXXHolic because it crossed over with Tsubasa, it confused me. My favorite is Wish the plot is great!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:03 am
I looooove all manga groups, but CLAMP has been at or near the top of my list.  

Master Alaric Voranth

Eternal Husband

11,515 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

yourstruly004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:03 pm
Some of there books suck and some of them are actually really good
I especially love the art they use biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:16 pm
I am definitely a CLAMP fan. Been hooked ever since I've read Cardcaptor Sakura.

The characters, except for the ones they re-use, are originals with personalities. They have flaws, weaknesses. They're well loved because it is easy to relate to them.

And with CLAMP, you take the bad with the good. Many stories do have plots--Chobits, XXXholic, X, Magic Knight Rayearth.
And if they seem slow, it's probably because CLAMP is more dialogue-based manga than "action" manga.

gabriellabella590

Kimisa Hanagiri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:26 pm
I love CLAMP! heart

Sakura was my first manga, and since that i relly start to love the girls of CLAMP (Mokona, Nekoi, Satsuki and Ageha, i mean)....

u cant judge then by only one title... and im sure at least one of their manga you will like, cause theres lot of them... haha

And about the cross-overs.... i really like... i feel delighted ever page when i find this character from RG Veda, that one from X, and the other from Chobits, Miyukichan, Clover, Tokyo babylon, Sakura, etc etc...
i think its amazing to find again the old (and loved) characters...  
Manga Maniacs Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff