Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:15 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Reserve Keeper

Sonora sipped her hot chocolate and squinted at Vespera with a little startle. "You had a twin? You...were a thief? You stole.. gold bars?" Her mind was turning the idea in circles and she immediately concocted a reason why this might be perfectly innocent. A gold bar could have been some kind of candy, or perhaps it was one of her twin's keepsakes? What did said grandfather have to do with the twins seeing each other? Or the gold bar?

"We're going to my grandparents' in Ireland for the winter," Sona replied absentmindedly, still trying to figure out the story behind the stealing of the gold bar. "I miss them--both my grandparents and my parents, but I wanted to know if you both were going to be on other adventures..."

Where was her twin anyways? Was she--or he--magical? If so why hadn't she said--then Sonora realized that--of course-- Vespera was literally right there to clarify the story. "One moment. This story about your twin and the gold bar--what happened there? What does your grandfather have to do with them?" [/color

[quote="Stefan Lee Slavatore]
[quote="Trickblues]

could be brighter tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah raised an eyebrow at Vespera’s story, torn between gullible belief and ‘There is no way in bloody hell she is serious.’ “So you mean to tell us….” He started slowly, trying to make sense of the story, “That you have a twin… That does not attend Hogwarts, making her a muggle, which you dislike…. And you don’t see her, because you stole a gold bar….” Jonah rubbed at his temple, beyond confused with the whole situation. “Is... Is she the good twin? When you say first, do you mean you’ve stolen more than one? How many? What are you doing with these bars? Are they for your grandpa? Is he running some sort of gold bar crime ring?”

He decided the likelihood of this adventure being true was roughly 5% at best. There was no way Vespera was actually a thief, he knew her better. Then again… They’d only known each other a few months. How much did he know, really? Evidently he’d have to keep a close eye on her over the next few years to verify whether or not this was true.

He listened as Sonora talked about her winter plans and laid back on the ground, using his backpack as a pillow and careful not to accidentally knock over his hot chocolate. “I’ll just be going home to see my family… Ferdie got me his grandma’s cookie recipe, so I’ll probably bake a few batches with Mum… I think we’ll be taking Rhea ice skating for the first time, too.” He sighed. “And Dad will probably be busy working again.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // Study Area
With // Sona and Ves
Feeling // Confused about muggle twins and gold bars
Thinking // Bet Orion will have my bed filled with snow by the time I get home... I wonder what kind of pranks I can get him back with...

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:32 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera shrugged, "The gold bars can not be discussed with people outside of the family. It is a long secret that formed when my twin was murdered because I stole the bar and blamed it on them." She laughed, "I'm joking, There is no gold bar crime ring, no grandparents, and no twin. I think. I'm just going to do homework over the break, probably plan what I can use for my spring attacks, I'll be staying here so there's that."

She listened to their plans and smiled at them spending time with their families, "Stay safe while you travel, don't hurt yourselves. And enjoy your family." She smiled at them and laid back on the floor, knocking over her hot chocolate. "I DID NOT JUST DO THAT!" She whisper yelled, trying to think of how to clean it up, and keep it away from the books.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Study room; first year; winter 2042
With Whom: Jonah and Sona
Thinking about: Ruining Jonah's plans.
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing:

User Image

OOC: IM SORRY

addaellis

trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:20 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

Sonora nodded along with Jonah's speculations, equally concerned and intrigued by the gold bar theories. Then there was a secret that could not be discussed, a set up, a murder!--what in the world--

And it was all a joke.

Sonora had a moment of relief and was about to comment on spring "attacks?" when Vespera's hot chocolate spilled over. Sona glanced around, making sure all the books were either on a shelf or safely behind something. She righted the cup and pulled the corner of a blanket out of the way. "Paper towels? Or a rag?" She snatched her wand up. "Or a spell?"

^Would be a useful spell if we had a hot chocolate version about now.

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:16 am
User Image
JONAH LANE

“Bloody hell, Ves,” Jonah whispered frantically as he sprung into action, tackling down the liquid with his blanket. “What if we get detention? Or worse, expelled.” He was sure they wouldn’t possibly expel three bright students for a little coffee spill, but then again… This wasn’t exactly their brightest moment, either. Jonah turned his head up to Sonora, furrowing his brows in thought. “Do you know any spells for this? Because I sure haven’t learned any quite yet. You’d think that would be one of the first things they teach a group of mess-prone children...” The boy sat up on his knees, pulling his quilt up with him. There was a stain on the fabric from the excess coffee, but it wasn’t anything his mom couldn’t get rid of with a quick charm. He’d definitely have to ask her to teach him something over the break.

“So, unless anyone has any better ideas, I say we very quietly pack up these blankets and cups and vacate the premises before the librarian spots us. I’m going to bring some of my thermoses from home, and if we do this again, we use lids. Sona, if you’re planning to check any of those books out if you haven’t already, I’d ask that you go ahead and do so—it’d be a good distraction.” Jonah took his mug and quickly swallowed down the remainder of his drink, setting the empty cup beside Vespera and shoving his current blanket into his backpack. “Vespera, you can get the cups, and I’ll take care of the fort. On my signal you and Sonora leave first, and I’ll leave shortly after so not to draw suspicion, so if you could wait in the hall that would be great. If we get caught, this was all my idea. Sound like a plan?”

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // Study Area
With // Vespera and Sonora
Feeling // Focused
Thinking // Hopefully we don't get caught, but if we do...Detention won't be so bad.

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Valtore

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera nodded, gathering up the dishes, careful not to drop the cups. "Sounds like a great plan, sorry to ruin this for everyone! Fort Blanket, until another day!" She stood and looked at Sonora, "You ready to flee?" She grinned, she hadn't expected to do so many forbidden things in one day, have liquid in the library, spill things, and escape. It was a rather fun life living as the rebel Slytherin. She also hoped however, that they would not get detention or be expelled. That wouldn't be very nice, she had it planned out if theygot caught to take all the blame.

Thinking about: Running for our lives
Wearing:

User Image

addaellis

trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:21 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

Sonora racked her memory for something--anything--about cleaning spells. There was one her mum used for cleaning potions? "Scourify? Scurify?" she whispered at the stain. Her wand spouted light bubbles as though laughing at her, but nothing happened. She was relieved when Jonah came up with another plan, even if she did feel guilty about running from the scene of the crime.

She hefted her stack of checked out books into her bag and arm and nodded. "Ready."

At Jonah's signal, Sonora headed towards the front desk. Her heart was pounding, but she did her best to make it look like she was just another student on her way out. She had already checked out her books, but she did have a convenient question: She asked the librarian about the Locomotor spell, whether it was a paralysis thing or a levitation spell--and it turned out to be separate spells or something--it was fascinating and she knew she had enough information to at least try practicing it, but honestly Sonora was still nerve-wracked by this being part of an escape plan and--

In any case, once she was pretty sure she'd taken enough time for both Vespera and Jonah to pack up and sneak from the library and jotted down information of both the Locomotor charm and the curse, she made a joke--that hopefully wasn't too nervous--about heading back to her common room to finish the rest of her books, shifted the stack of books in hand and headed outside to find her friends in the hallway.

Trickblues”] [/quote]
[quote="Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:40 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera watched Sona talk to the librarian and used this as her time to escape, she turned and looked at Jonah and poked him in the stomach, "If you aren't out in two minutes I'm coming back for you and taking the blame." She was very determined with the others not getting in trouble. With that she went out to the hallway, ending their library disaster, already thinking of when they could go back again and the next time getting into the restricted section.

Thinking about: Running for our lives
Wearing:

User Image

addaellis

trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:53 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE

Jonah grinned and gave Vespera a thumbs up as he shooed her along, taking a final glance over their area. The last blanket was shoved into his backpack, and it looked like beyond the coffee stain they had never been there. Excellent.

The boy kept out of sight the best he could until he saw Sonora vacate, then decided it was time for him to flee himself. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and proceeded as casually as he possibly could towards the door—he didn’t realize he was holding his breath until he made it outside.

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // Study Area --> Exit
With // Vespera and Sona
Feeling // Anxious, but relieved
Thinking // Success!

OOC:
YYYEEEAAAAHHHHHHH o /

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Addaellis

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 pm
User Image
                                                As it was before shall it ever ever be
                                                Hear it on the crying wind
                                                Heart it weeping on the sea
                                                Through the winder valley wild and through the darkest night
                                                Here comes the evil news of the coming fight

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Fιяѕт Yεαя || Gячƒƒιиdσя || Яεѕεяνε Kεερεя

════════════════════════

Eve sighed audibly as she rifled through her bag, letting Lillith know under no uncertain terms that she was bored. Lillith merely raised an eyebrow at her twin, before shaking her head and going back to look over her notes for Transfiguration. It really didn't matter that they were identical, especially since Eve knew that Lillith was more studious than Eve was. That didn't bother her so much, except when it came to Lillith dragging her sister along to study sessions. Eve was convinced that Chance never did this in school, and she rolled her eyes at her sister and squirmed in her seat. "How long are we going to be stuck studying for? It seems like we've been in here forever."

Lillith rolled her eyes at Eve right back, huffing her own sigh. "We just started ten minutes ago. You can't be that impatient."

Eve stuck her tongue out at Lillith, grinning slightly. "Can too. Besides, you wanted us to study for what, two hours? I bet Bethany's not studying right now."

"I bet she is studying because we both know that Aunt Tria will likely murder her if she doesn't." Lillith sniffed before giving her sister a bemused look. "Which is exactly what she'd do to us if we didn't do well either. That and Aunt Ada's likely to know our grades too and won't hesitate to pester us to do better."

Eve groaned. "Ugh, that has to be awful. Mum doesn't care as long as we pass classes. Why can't that be enough?"

Lillith sighed and shook her head. "Because we not only have to deal with our aunts on our dad's side, but our aunts on our mum's side too. I don't want to know what kind of owl Aunt Ver would send us if we didn't do well enough."

Eve sighed loudly and shook her head, dipping her head to grab her own book out of her bag. "So where are we again? We're on transfiguring birds, right?"

Lillith sniffed again and gave her sister a disapproving look. "We're on reparifarge, not transfiguring birds." Lillith shook her head. "I'm going to end up tutoring you, aren't I?"

Eve bat her eyelashes and gave her twin her best puppy dog eyes. "Please? You'd be the most awesome sister ever if you did." Lillith sighed again and elbowed her sister's side. They then looked at the books before them, Lillith making Eve pull out some parchment and start taking her own notes because there was no way she was going to let Eve just copy hers.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Why do we have to start studying now? This is going to take forever.
                                                OOC: Open for interaction!

-◎-

Come on down lost angel find us now
                                                From the clouds above right down to the ground
                                                Come on down lost angel find us now
                                                From the clouds above right down to the ground
                                                Lost Angels come on down

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm
User Image
Christopher "Chris" Avery
Gryffindor First Year
Pureblood Adventurer & Reserve Chaser

Older Brotherxxxxx

User Image

Chris absolutely hated studying. The worst part of it all was that his father would have a fit if he found out he was letting his studies go. Leah had told his father that she’d make sure he’d study but honestly, he hadn’t seen much of her. Understandable so when she had classes, clubs, and a secret to keep from her brother. Chris couldn’t believe that she played on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. It was a shock for sure. One he didn’t know if he could contain.

Sitting in the study hall books scattered around, Chris was racking his head around his notes which were pretty much chicken scratch. His focus began to waver, and he found himself scanning the library. God he never thought he’d ever be in the library. Seeing the Whitethorne twins that were in his year, he knew one (Eve) to be in his house. Lillith on the other hand was a Ravenclaw as evident by her attempts to get her sister to study with her.

“Hey Eve, Lillith. You guys studying too?” Chris asked as he moved spots, so he was closer. “Mind if I join you guys? My father would kill me if I ended up bombing all my classes.” Perhaps if he had a group to study with it wouldn’t feel so grueling. Of course, that was wishful thinking in his mind. He’d rather be exploring and having a good old time then sitting in the school’s library.

Status : I hate studying...
                                                          Company : Eve and Lillith

OOC : - - -

Diamond Wales

Is it now, then?
                                                          You're quite perceptive, I must say
                                                          Yes, you'll do quite well in
                                                          Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 am
User Image
                                                Sunny came home to her favorite room
                                                Sunny sat down in the kitchen
                                                She opened a book and a box of tools
                                                Sunny came home with a mission

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

ƑƖƦƧƬ ƳЄƛƦ || ƦЄƧЄƦƔЄ ƁЄƛƬЄƦ || ƦƛƔЄƝƇԼƛƜ

════════════════════════

Lillith looked up as she heard someone approach and, as her sister nudged her again, she nudged her back and smiled. "Oh no, we don't mind. I mean, having more people while you study actually helps, right? It's all right if you do."

Eve snorted beside her, but she at least made sure she wasn't too rude. At least Lillith hoped she wasn't too rude. "You're welcome if you don't mind Lillith bossing you around, which she's going to do. Besides, half of our family's likely to disown us if we bomb classes while the other half's going to use it as blackmail material later. It's totally not fair that we've got so many relatives in school. We can't get away with anything."

Lillith giggled a bit before nudging her sister again. "Don't mind her. She's not happy that I'm making her study. It beats the alternative though. I wouldn't want to be the only one stuck inside all summer when everyone else we know is outside."

Eve grumbled as she speared Lillith with a look. "That's a lie. You'd be perfectly happy stuck inside with a bunch of books. I'd rather be doing something else."

════════════════════════

OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sunny came home with a list of names
                                                She didn't believe in transcendence
                                                And it's time for a few small repairs, she said
                                                Sunny came home with a vengeance

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:34 pm
User Image
Christopher "Chris" Avery
Gryffindor First Year
Pureblood Adventurer & Reserve Chaser

Older Brotherxxxxx

User Image

Chris couldn’t help but think that Lillith was like his young sister. She was always the study type, preferable for long hours. It was a bit ridiculous if you asked him. However, he could use the study time and Lillith seemed like the type of person to get him to stay focused on that. “In this instance I don’t mind. My father would lose it if I came home to bad grades.” He replied. No offense to his father but he was a bit pushy.

“I’m not exactly a fan of studying myself. There are so many other things I’d rather be doing.” Chris admitted. He wasn’t one for hiding his dislike for hitting the books as it were. “Luckily I only have one relative in school at the moment. But, she’s in sixth year and in an entirely different house.” Boy was he grateful for that one. Leah although not as bad as his father was pretty up there in the perfectionist department.

“Though, I can image the struggle of being related to a Professor.” Christopher commented. They might not be in Professor Whitethorne’s class but come fourth year that would be rough. “I don’t even know how I’m going to get through Charms… My mum is friends with Professor Shoichet.” He hated that minor fact. He hardly thought friends would give a child any benefits in class. Unfortunately.

Status : I hate studying...
                                                          Company : Eve and Lillith

OOC : - - -

Diamond Wales

Is it now, then?
                                                          You're quite perceptive, I must say
                                                          Yes, you'll do quite well in
                                                          Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:27 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFourth Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"People may tell me I mean a lot to them and I'm special to them,"▬▬

Vespera had wandered aimlessly through the castle, looking for somewhere to hang out at and study ahead on her classes. Geez, that was such a Ravenclaw sounding thing to say. Finally, she decided on the far back corner of the library, surely it would remain quiet in there. She would have stayed in the common room, but Rhea seemed determined to befriend Vespera, and she couldn’t have that. If she went and befriended Rhea, then it would be one more person she’d have to worry about leaving her. If she simply didn’t befriend Rhea, then there wouldn’t be anything to lose, problem solved.

It wasn’t that Ves had been hiding from her friends, they were just busy with their other friends. Jonah and Iggy, Sona was probably with Kam, Vinny with Aeryn, August with Rhea and who knows who else Rhea had brought. Ves was obviously just letting her friends enjoy themselves, and she didn’t need to be there for that. She had considered writing Rion a few times, but threw away each of her attempts. It wasn’t likely he’d answer her anyways, she hadn’t talked to him for a while, and he hadn’t written her back from the last letter she sent, he probably lost it.

Vespera settled in the corner and opened up her healing textbook, it wasn’t that it was hardest class necessarily, she just wanted to be good at it, healing was something she could actually do in her life, a career in either the muggle or wizarding world. Lyra lept into Vespera’s lap and curled into a ball, ready to sleep. The tiny thing still hadn’t grown much, which wasn’t a bad thing, it really just meant the little girl Rhea called her friend hadn’t started feeding Lyra. She absently began to pet Lyra, who began to wag her tails, this little crup wasn’t very good at pretending to be asleep it seemed. Ves whispered to her crup pup, "You're such a good girl Lyra." She opened the book to Chapter 1, again, and began her third read through of the book since she had gotten it this summer.

▬▬ "But I know there's someone they will always choose over me." ▬▬

Where: Library
With Whom: Lyra
Thinking about: Homework is good. Studying is good.
Vespera Description: Short 4'8", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing:
OOC: Open for Interaction, we have no plans here

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Elizabeth Kaye Spektor + Rhea Allison Lane

Pureblood | Third Year Gryffindor | Thirteen Years Old
Halfblood | First Year Slytherin | Eleven Years Old

» Late Autumn 2045 » Library » With: August
» Lizzie's Status:
Contemplative » Rhea's Status: Uuugh

Hogwarts was the worst.

Ever since Rhea had started school, she’d been struggling with her casting. Her wand flickered rather than staying lit. She blew up feathers instead of levitating them. The darned match would only go as far as to sharpen at the tip rather than turn into a proper needle. She had even messed up in potions, and that was just following a recipe! The constant failures left Rhea in a state of distress. The high expectations she had placed upon herself certainly hadn’t helped matters, the weight heavy on her small shoulders. Not to mention she was still regretting her secret-keeping from Brook, and Vespera seemed to have no interest in interacting with her. They had gotten along so great before! What did she do wrong?

When Rhea wasn’t focused on her routines, her nose had been buried in the books, often by August’s side. After all, he was a third year, and he had answers for everything. The only problem had been her crush. She wasn’t stupid—being nearly twelve she knew it was ridiculous to assume anything could come from it in her future, yet it was nice to be around someone from her house that actually seemed to want to talk to her. Unfortunately, she just had to pick one of the smartest boys in his year. If she wanted any hope at a shot, she had to match him. She had to study. She had to be a capable witch. A simple lumos should be easy enough, right? Wrong!

It was hopeless.

Even Elizabeth had begun to catch on to the younger girl’s exhausted state. She hadn’t actually intended on joining in their group study session in the library when August had invited her, having had plans to work on her latest piece in the art room, but the first year was giving off some major storm cloud vibes and her inner investigator just had to check it out. She’d started out bright and cheerful as she’d grown used to from her best friend’s little shadow, but as the time passed she took note of the brunette struggling to stay awake. Eventually she had excused herself to go explore the aisles of books in the miscellaneous section, leaving the usual duo alone. "Be back in a minute." she murmured.

“I see yer wee girlfriend’s still followin’ you everywhere.” She’d started with a casual jest, biting on the end of her eraser as she pondered over the question on her latest History of Magic assignment. “How’s that, um… Going? D’ya do anything else besides… This? If she had any guess, August had probably given the poor girl mountains of extra homework in attempt to mentor her. It wouldn’t be a surprise she seemed so exhausted, but she wanted to cover her bases.

OOC:
Addaellis

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out