Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampire Island

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampire, Demon, Role Play, Fantasy, Literate 

Reply Vampire Island: Main Areas
Sweet Sleep Inn ((Under new ownership & Construction)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:46 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User ImageHer face lit up when he mentioned inviting one of his friends to the island. She'd so love to meet her! Generally she loved meeting new people, and her boyfriend's bestie was all the more appealing to her. Her joy, plainly viewable as her eyes glimmered with childish excitement, was extinguished as he changed his mind. Reality hit like a smack in the face and she frowned softly.

User Image
"It's.. pretty darn sad that we can't introduce each other to our friends and families..." She released a heavy sigh and leaned against the chair she was standing behind. "What a bummer."

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:42 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User ImageCallisto frowned softly, thinking about how different certain things were from what she'd expected. Had she even bothered to think about any of this before getting this involved with him? She sighed, a bit frustrated with herself as the answer was fairly obvious to her. She had a bad history of just jumping into things without giving any consideration to what the consequences of doing so might be. She didn't really regret it, as stuff usually worked itself out somehow, but she was more so frustrated because this time it closely involved someone else. I mean... He was a hunter, so... I guess he had to leave everyone he knew behind and, maybe, probably, they'd want to kill me too since I can't even pretend to be human...

User ImageHer thoughts were turning to more serious considerations, something anyone with half a brain would've thought through beforehand, which she hated. When situations became more serious she just couldn't deal with it and really, she didn't want to either. She didn't even realize he'd asked her to talk about her culture and people before, being too distracted by the realness of their circumstances. She liked Leon, quite a bit, though she'd only known him for a few days. She was happy to stay with him cause so far it'd been interesting and oftentimes fun. She discovered new things about herself along the way. But when any relationship got serious, it made her uncomfortable. She didn't like talking about difficult things like this.

User ImageShe glanced at him only briefly, looking away just as quickly since she didn't want to know if he was disappointed too. She felt like she'd be able to tell, just by looking at him after all. This was way too awkward. She couldn't stand it.
"Soo, uh, I'm... gonna get some fresh air. Meet up later at the woods?" She asked, without looking at him or really waiting for a response. Callisto grabbed her bag, not caring about what she was leaving behind or that she was only wearing a towel around herself, and practically ran out of the room.

((Exit! To the woods or somewhere that isn't the inn.))

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:09 am
Richard Fleischer
Insecure Vampire

User Image His breath caught in his throat as he watched her drink. His mismatched eyes wide, mouth hanging open. The sight before him was so beautiful he was transfixed, taken in completely. Time seemed to come to a stop, along with his heart. He wasn't even aware that he'd started to hold his breath. Her answers reverberated in his skull, brain slow to process them as he was so transfixed by the sight of her. A beauty, engaged in fulfilling a basic need. The way she did it made him feel like he had been doing it the wrong way for all of his years as a blood-drinker. No. He thought definitively, now biting his lower lip as he continued to stare at her. Such beauty is beyond my capabilities.

User ImageMore than he could bear to watch, even. He remained entranced by the sight of her feeding until she stopped to answer him. His confusion and embarrassment showed plainly on his alabaster features. He was gritting his jaw again and try though he might he couldn't look away from her.
"Sebastet?" He repeated, wondering why the name sounded familiar. It took him a moment to recall that the entire reason he'd left the comforts of his home to come to this island was in search of her. "O-oh.." He muttered breathlessly, slowly coming back to reality. Anxiety overcame him next. Had she noticed his staring? Was she upset with him? Could he handle being rejected by such a charming woman, again?

User ImageRichard took a few quick steps towards her, hands raised but hesitating the nearer they became to her. He winced, afraid and embarrassed by his sudden thoughtlessness. He'd wanted to be nearer to her and to touch her, even if only to caress her face, and had simply moved to do so. What was wrong with him? Why had he done something so careless? He felt like a fool, and he couldn't bear to hear the inevitable. He turned abruptly and, in his panic, chose to exit the room by jumping through the window. Glass shattered and iron bent to his strength as he departed. He landed on the streets below and simply ran, even though he too had a room at this inn. He was terrified of her finding him, of her rejecting him.

Bella_Mackentier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:25 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

"Uh, Callisto, wai-"

By the time Leon had tried to utter a reminder or warning, she was gone. Leon sat down for a second to ponder what had happened. Maybe it was his question about her family? As he thought, he remembered she was somewhat quiet about it last time, as well. As a result, Leon swore the topic out of his head.

He gathered his things, as well as some clothes for Callisto, assuming she would probably need them. He locked the door on the way out, and left.

((Exit to ???)) ((Will PM when I find a place))  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:12 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice
((This shall re open by this Saturday. Fingers crossed))

and I lied.

this time for sure, I will be opening this place up this weekend.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:22 am
((open now. Same rules from before. See the first post by the previous owner.))

Another day another dollar as many folks around here liked to say. Not sure why, as Taib had yet to get any customers in this morning since the fight last night. Rowdy patrons fighting and smashing the nice new furniture Taib had imported to make this place seem classier than the simple hole in the wall it used to be. Taib chewed on a cinnamon stick as Taib was trying to quit smoking. A nasty habit, smoking, but Taib enjoyed it enough that it was a hard habit to break. Besides, they had caught the eye of someone last night and while chatting at the polished bar, the patron mentioned that they didn't like smokers. Reminded them of an ex or something.
While serving drinks and directing the few employees they had hired to help serve dinner and clean, lots of information about various people and situations came across their ears.
The other realms like the Elven Kingdom and the Demon Realm, both had lost their leaders. The loss of the Demon realm King Lareth had scared some demons enough to come here and ask for help in going anywhere that wasn't home. The elves were quiet in their loss as they usually were. Just when it looked like the elves could make a comeback, tragedy struck.
Washing some glasses at the bar, Taib nodded to the maid who walked by with a hammer and some nails. Thankfully this employee had more than just cleaning skills but had basic carpentry knowledge and liked extra payment in food which Taib was more than happy to give to her. She never said why but they knew. Extra food was used in the local soup kitchen. What Taib didn't know yet, was why she wouldn't tell them about the kitchen. No shame in working there. Very noble in their opinion.
Taib rolled the cinnamon stick to the other side of their mouth and thought of the demon king. Met him only a few times and never in the best circumstances. When Lareth was doing whatever he was doing on the island, he would drop by to be stitched up. Before news the king was killed in action, Lareth would drop by the Inn to buy information about who had killed the local Blacksmith/leather maker/ wood worker and get some odd injuries sewn up. He claimed they were from his romps with his queen, but Taib didn't think their bedroom romps would include cuts and gashes with traces of poison, but to each their own you know?
Taib sighed as they finished drying the now clean glassware and pulled the cinnamon stick from their mouth as they tried to take a drag.
"Oh...keep forgetting."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:01 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Wolfe Garm

Griz stepped inside the inn and waited for his eyes to adjust to the shift of light from being outside. He wasn't a small man and the shock of his size showed when a woman caught sight of him and gasped, taking a few steps back then turning to go get someone else.

It probably didn't help that he was dressed in a dark grey shirt, black jeans, black biker boots, and a black leather coat that flared when he walked. He had his honey-brown hair pulled back into a ponytail at the base of his head and a shadow-beard of darker brown on his face. In short, he looked like a mountain of muscle that should have been riding a motorcycle.

He finally stepped further inside and looked the place over, noting all of the amenities available and how clean the place was. In short, it was perfect for what he needed...

While he had his rooms up at the castle, they would need about five or six rooms for his family when they showed up with the next load of horses....  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:30 pm
red gypsy

Taib was pulling out some new glassware from under the counter to stock their bar, when they felt the air in the inn change as the door opened and the pressure changed.
Normally they wouldn't look and see whom had come in as they did have staff, but there was a gasp and he heard the floor creak. The floor shouldn't creak. They used wood from home...and that wood was the strongest one could ever find.
They stood up and looked across the way at the mountain of a man whom stood there looking around and seemingly nodding in how well the place looked.

Taib wiped his hands on his hand towel and then walked over.

"Greetings sir. Welcome to the new Sweet Sleep Inn. I am Taib. How may I be of assistance?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:04 am
Hot Champion_of_justice

Griz gave the person a polite nod and a small smile, "Hey there. I'm actually looking at reserving a few rooms, if that's possible. I've got some family coming in on one of the next few ships. They're bringing in the next load of horses for the herd on the island. I'm looking at needing five rooms, possibly a sixth; at least two of them with double-beds," he said simply, getting right into what would be needed.

He knew that his 'family' wouldn't be too picky about rooms as long as the beds were the right size. But he still had to admit that he wanted his dad to have a choice room if it was possible. A touch of fancy that the older bear wasn't used to.

"If it makes a difference, they're all WereBears. They are a bit smaller than I am, if that helps. I'm a bit of a recessive for the family..." he finished that with a self-depreciating half smile that gave him a slightly boyishly cute touch to his usually badass biker image. And he did it unconsciously, not intending it at all. In truth, most of the time he missed how good-looking he was.

Of course, being as big as he was (and considering the size of bear he shifted into...) it was rather complicated for him to get into a relationship. Too many females saw his size and balked.

For for now, he had this to work out. He wanted a nice place for his family to stay while they were here and this was looking just right. Especially since Pops had said specifically that he didn't want to stay at the castle.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:49 pm
Red Gypsy
Hot Champion_of_justice

Taib returned the smile from the man and gave a slight bow.
"We have plenty of rooms for your incoming family members with ample space and all with windows to let in a refreshing breeze if they would like. Our furniture will be able to accommodate everyone's size as they are a bit magicked to accommodate different guests needs. I can explain how they can make the beds wider or longer for comfort when I can show you to your room sir?"

Taib looked the man over and wondered about the story this one had. Being a Werebear was interesting. They hadn't met one in quite some time. Not since they left their home hundreds of years ago.

"Are there any diet restrictions you or your family have? We can make arrangements to have meals specially prepared or if you feel more comfortable, we can offer you a guest kitchen we have reserved for guests in the side building."

Taib folded their arms behind them and clasped their fingers together. Something about this man made them want to touch? Perhaps it was the bit of magic they felt from the WereBear.

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:41 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Griz shook his head with a small smile, "Just heavy on the protein for meals. As bears, all of us tend to need the added protein. Maybe some berries and nuts added in for the sugar content and other nutrients. While I don't hibernate, my family does. So they tend to need to build up the bodily reserves for it," he explained then considered how to set up the 'reservation' for the rooms.

"When they come in, the one in charge will be Pops. When they all get here, you can send word to me up at the castle. Part of the deal for our delivery is that I'll be living here now. Sebastet arranged a set of rooms for me up at the castle," he added, hoping that he was covering everything...

He would have said something more but Rex came in with his usual friendly smile, "Taib! Got some news from the village Council for you. Village is going on guard for a while. We have some nasties visiting under the pay of the Church. They got to Borias and attacked his Layla. They also went after Cassius and got his Mates. They've attacked a few others as well," he explained then hesitated to reveal the last one.

He took in a deep breath and stroked his beard a bit, "They got Lio too... They overwhelmed the others with numbers and bullets... Lio... They got a lucky hit and a ricochet... It was only pure luck that someone was able to stop Sebastet from running..." he added. Lio was one of the cherished members of the island, as were Borias, Layla, and Cassius, "I also heard that they went after one of the dragons too..." he finished with that and looked at Griz.

Griz nodded, "I've run into them twice so far. Luckily I'm hard to kill. Most of them are human. If you run across one of them that isn't human, they're probably under conditioning. Knock them out and contact the castle. I've gotten one of them already and one of the healers up there was able to help her," he explained, silently glad that his clothes covered the bandages on the injuries that hadn't healed yet.

Rex gave him an impressed nod, "Then you'd be the bear some of the villagers were talking about," he stated simply then passed a grin to the innkeeper, "Apparently this one changes to a bear bigger than anything alive today. Probably big enough to give a dragon a run for it's money," he announced with an impressed expression, which made Griz blush a bit.

Griz looked down a bit, "It's more complicated than you'd think..." he said then gave a nod to the innkeeper, "Thanks for saving those rooms for my family. Their ship should be arriving in a day or two. They shouldn't give you any trouble. If they do, just let Pops know or do what seems appropriate," he started and turned for the door but paused before leaving, "Oh... They'll introduce everyone when they arrive. If Dix is the one giving you or your staff any problems at all, just dislocate his knee. One kick should do it. The right knee is best. He'll heal when he shifts to bear form again but he'll get the point," he added with a shrug of one shoulder then left the inn to head back up to the castle.

Rex gave an impressed whistle over the warning and the advice, "Guess that means minor violence is allowed with the visiting bears... If you get on the leader's good side, ask to see the horses. Even your picky Elven relatives would be hard-pressed to complain about them. I saw the first herd Griz brought in. The stallion is able to carry his hulking a** wit no issue. The mares were all grace in movement, Taib... And the visiting bears are bringing in more to help with the genetics and expand the herd for the island. Even you would be impressed with them!" he commented, knowing that someone that dealt with the Elves and Demons as much as Taib did would know quality horses when they saw them...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:03 pm
Taib’s mind was a whirl with excitement at the many different things they needed to gather and prepare for the inn’s first real guests when they heard the door open. Before they could ask if Griz was more than a werebear as the magic rolling off of them made Taib a bit wary and oddly curious, Rex came in.

Usually Taib would ask for Rex to forgive them and give them a few minutes with the guest, but when they heard the word ‘council’ Taib gave Rex their full attention.
As Rex gave both Taib and Griz every bit of detail of what was going on, Taib remained silent and inwardly felt their chest constrict in anger and hurt at hearing what had happened to some very good people.

Lio been the first one to come to the inn when Taib had bought the property and offered to help clean it up as this place had been a spot Lio had come to secretly love to visit as it was quiet and he could play dice to practice his slight of hand skills.
Taib’s jaw clenched as the news of how Lio was taken out by a lucky shot irritated them.

A warrior like Lio deserved much better.

Then there was the attack on Borias and Layla. The only two on the island who knew exactly what they were and why they kept to themselves. The two whom Taib bonded the most with, as they were very openly truthful and helpful for no reason except that they were simply good people. Taib absently fiddled with their vest as it was the last thing Borias had made for them.

Remembering that there was a guest and Rex next to them, Taib shoved memories to the back their mind and gave a small nod to and bow to Griz.

“Everything will be ready for your families arrival sir.”

When Griz was gone, Taib sighed and motioned for Rex to follow them to the bar.
“Care for a drink or anything? It’s on the house.”  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:02 am
Hot Champion_of_justice

Rex gave a nod, "A drink sounds good right about now," he said simply as he followed Taib over to the bar and let them pour. Once done, he lifted his glass with a sad note to his bearded face, "You know I'm human, Taib. You also know I've been around longer than any human should be. But I have to say that I'm tired of seeing people get hunted down and die because they're different... It's one of the reasons I started up the Tavern here... People here don't care that I'm different and they certainly don't try to kill me for it... I sincerely hope that Sebastet has something up her sleeve to take care of this one and get the Church off our backs for good..." he said softly.

Taib was one of the few who knew that the human tavernkeeper had lived for so long. In truth, Rex had stopped counting the years. But he did remember seeing the last of the 'cavemen' die off...

Rex didn't know what kept him alive, just that he'd never died.

But the passing of time still came with it's problems...

"Layla is still alive, if that's any consolation for you. She's a bit hurt, but she's got someone looking after her... She did leave long enough to give Borias full Rites with her centaur family... Apparently, though, she won't speak of it. Her way, I guess..." he was hoping that the news would give Taib a bit of something good out of all the bad...

He finally lifted his glass and met Taib's eyes, "To absent friends... Their loss hurts us, but they feel pain no longer..." he said in a toast he'd always given in moments like this, though he couldn't remember when he'd started it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:32 pm
Taib nodded and poured them both a glass of the finest they had to offer.
Taib had a small inkling as to why Rex was still around, but it was not for them to tell Rex about 'destiny' and all that jazz...Besides if the had mentioned something as to the why of Rex, Taib was sure their lips would be sewn together and a kick to the rear as punishment.

"I would not put it past Sebastet to have something up her sleeve. She is one to have plans and even if she didn't have one, no doubt she would be able to pull one out of the air and give it 100 percent effort. As for the church...it's end is near. Whether it is by the hand of Sebastet or another, it will fall, and fall soon. A gut feeling that has been clawing at me recently."

Taib made a mental note to stop by the night market later to ask about some items and maybe get some info.

"As for Layla, I am glad to hear she is not alone. I was a bit worried as I had not heard of anything of her whereabouts after the attack."

Taib looked to their glass. Taib was worried as small attacks on the island had become more common place and it seemed like there was an odd pressure in the air...as if the island was holding its breath because something was about to happen.

Taib gave a small sad smile.

"I do not believe that she will ever speak of the rites or ceremony. Many of the centaur believe that after the 'celebration' of life, it is best not to dwell on the dead and to move forward with the knowledge knowing that the loved one lived with honor and pride and that their death marks a new beginning for their soul."

Taib wondered if the centaurs really followed that creed in the case of murdered ones.

Taib couldn't really remember. A sign of age? Or were they losing their touch on keeping up on information?

Taib lifted their glass at Rex. "to absent friends whom will never be forgotten."

Taib drank his glass and gave a soft hum.

"If Layla sees you before she sees me, send her my way. I just remembered something Borias wanted me to tell her if something ever happened."

After the drink, Taib put his wandering thoughts away and washed his glass.

"Take care Rex. The island feels off if that makes any sense."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff