Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:08 pm
"As you wish," Ruin returned "But if it is that much, leave a knife with it. We could probably scare a drow" Before returning to his watch.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:57 am
Vivian

User Image

At the sound of Ruin's voice Vivian's already barely visible form would vanish from sight. however after a moment or so she would reappear out of thin air and speak in an even more hushed voice. "Well, it sounds like you presence is being missed. I'd better get going. P-perhaps I'll seek you out to talk again, don't count on it though. You should talk to your brother. Maybe he knows something that we don't. "  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:30 am
"Doubt that." Mumbled Valac as he stood up and returned to the camp.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:36 pm
Valac returns to the fire and the rest of their watch goes without incident. Kuori and Revenge stand their vigil next in the lonely dark of the caverns, there only company being each other, which is probably the preferable state. By this point even the howls from the battlefield have subsided. The rest of their watch passes silently without incident as well. Ilikan and Irene take the last shift. Irene happily eats the rest of the uneaten food in her everlasting provisions before it magically replenishes and also polishes off the last of her stew before cleaning her equipment. Ilikan is surprised by how much the little girl could eat. During their watch the darkness finally gives way to the morning light as it filters in through the cavern entrance. A new day has finally begun and Irene provides breakfast with her basket of everlasting provisions which once again fills up mostly with a wide variety of meats.

((The party benefits from and extended rest. Congratulations everyone is now Level 8! Please update your character sheets when you get a chance as you will probably want your new HP and powers to deal with those ropers))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:33 am
"Anything interesting happen last night? Besides Valac vacting a tiefling from his inners." Ruin would ask as he repacked his gear.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:44 pm
While donning his armor, Revenge paused and gave a concerned look to Ruin, then Valac, then back to Ruin.

"Excuse me, he what?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:12 pm
"What ever was in the soup Irene made, didn't agree with his bowls. As he left to find the outhouse about halfway into our shift. When I checked on him after a while he said, he was 'shitting out another tiefling'." Ruin laughed, "Well it was funny at the moment."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:01 pm
Kuori chews here meat a bit slack eyed towards Ruin and is pretty quiet in the morning. The first words out of her mouth come after she has donned her armor. "So. Who is going to be the bait? Assuming I see them, its not going to be an issue, but chances of me seeing them are ... well, they are good at what they do."

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 pm
Ruin would raise his hand to willingly, if quietly, answer Kouri's question. Given his ability to strike back quickly, compared to everyone else. It seemed like a no brainer and with everyone watching out for falling ropers, what could go wrong?

"Though, what is the plan exactly?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:54 pm
"If you show me where you found them, I can probably pick one out. Failing that-" he stopped with a look of concern at Ruin, then shrugged. "Well, if you're sure. I'd say our best bets, if we have to fight them, are either making them come to us, or getting them all in one place. I ought to be able to hold them put if we can, but I haven't as much idea how to get them all that close to me at once to begin with."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:59 pm
"..."

After hearing Ruin's explanation, Revenge's gaze would turn towards the spread of meats, also provided by Irene. His face would slowly transform to one of combination horror-disgust, as anything resembling an appetite was once against quashed.

"... right."

He'd swallow hard, and continued putting on his armor. Kuori asked for bait, and it seemed Ruin did not hesitate to offer himself up. "Generally, you'd ask for the plan before volunteering. Are you going to make it one of those days for us, Ruin?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 pm
"From ruin, I came. To ruin, I go. So Ruin, I shall be." The short teifling said, as he shrugged at Revenge's question. "Besides, I am just making sure the plan isn't yelling Roy'lee Undies and running in there spells and javelins a flying."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 am
"I'll go first if you lot can't decide what to do." Added Valac.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:52 pm
"I think you're jumping the blunderbuss, Valac. Go first for what? For fighting the ropers? Kuori saw them so I don't know where they are, and they might not even be in the same spot anymore. Frankly, unless we scout for them," Revenge would say, glancing in Ilikan's direction, "I don't think we can do much more than fan out and see what fate has in store for us."

Tightening his gauntlet around his right hand and flexing the fingers, he'd say, "Between Valac's go-get-em attitude, Ruin's masochistic streak, my shield, and Ilikan's toughness, we could all take point while Kuori is on overwatch and Irene sticks close to her. Ambush predators tend to spread out while the prey stick together, so we shouldn't expect them to be clustered. Kuori, does my logic check out?"

If she (or anyone else) agrees, he'd add, "One roper each. Better than any sort of 'bait' role plan where one has to endure four at once, in my opinion. But if they happen to be bunched up, hey, it's back to the bait plan after all."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:51 am
"if that is the case, the plan is planned. team tiefling goes first, Illikan and Kouri our eyes to hot-cold us to individuals. When one drops everyone converges on it like ants on sugar." Ruin said taking a pre-battle moment to summon his blade. "If other wall crawlers show, Illikan does his 'hit-me' dance and we act accordingly."

He would then walk in the direction Kouri did yesterday. "Or we say, 'to the Abyss with it' and do as we ultimately did at Gladesdale."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games