Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
The Story That Went On... (Formerly Death Cut. Completed.) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Am I fighting off any threats to the vampires here? Then apparently I am not busy. *He said as he tapped the blade of his sword on his heal from his sitting position in a corner that would allow him to see the whole room including anyone who would enter....of course unless they blew through the wall behind him which wasn't likely.*

Of course I can't discuss anything with you if I don't know what you want to talk about. *He said while he observed the other man. He probably hasn't seen Jacob smile like that before either.* ...you look different today. Not like yesterday when I saw you without your usual wounds... but happier maybe. Yes I think that's what it is. You look happy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you look this happy during the time I’ve known you. Did you find something to make you happy enough to actually show it?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:23 pm

*Jacob flushed at Sephiroth's observations and question, his mind happily providing him memories as to why he was so happy. It took him a second or two to regain his composure.*

Jacob: "Well, yes, yes I did actually."

*He started looking through the shelves, and decided on some instant oatmeal for his sustenance that day. Grabbing a bowl and a tea kettle, he started to boil some water*

Jacob: "I'm going to fix myself something to eat, you want any? Anyway... I was hoping if there was anything you could tell me about Fal'jenul. Even the most obscure detail... I'm curious about something."

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:33 pm

I am glad for you. *Was what he said when Jacob answered his question.*

Sure I'll have some. Thank you. I may tell you what I know about the creature Fal'jenul if you first tell my why you want to know about it and what you are curious to find out.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:16 pm

Jacob: "Well, I've come across some interesting information about it now and again in my studies. I haven't gotten much, but what I have gathered is that it seems awfully close to something Jiluzix might do himself... Like it was a part of him, or was him. There's a bunch of similarities from what little I know."

"So if there's anything you can tell me, it'll be most helpful."

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:02 pm

*Sephiroth needed and appeared to th ink about his answer and where to begin.* Well I'll tell you about the planet types that creature invades...Fal'jenul targets planets where the majority of the population believe that when they die their soul will return to the earth and eventually they'll be reborn and sometimes reach a heaven like place there. These planets have a special and strong energy compared to well like this place: it's full of life, but the planet's natural energies are far weaker in comparison. These planets use this energy to help heal any damage it receives. The greater the damage the more of this life energy is sent.

When these planet dies it usually falls apart. This is why very little of its remains are ever found. Fal'jenul rides these remains and searches for another planet to destroy.

When she finds a planet she and the remains of the last planet crash into the new one. The planet sends its energy to heal the devastating wound to repair it. Fal'jenul is at the center of the injury so it gathers that energy. If the planet fails to die from that Fal'jenul kills it through manipulation, deception, false promises, comforts, and its own body. It uses the locals to help finish it.

What all your text leave out is why this creature does this. To my knowledge it hasn't used much of what is has gathered. The creature gathers this energy so that one day when it finds a world or place it likes, it can create a paradise. *The man unconsciously smiled slightly at the thought that sill held some appeal to him.*

Several thousand years ago this creature seemed to disappear according to the texts I've been reading and perhaps you have read. On the contrary Fal'jenul didn't vanish, it landed on my home world.

This world for the most part has been the creature's downfall, but only time will tell if the nightmare will end there. Unlike the other places, this one had a group of people who traveled the universe basically looking for heaven. These people can communicate to the planet and together they stopped the abomination for the time being. Most in this special group of people died in the struggle. In fact these people might be the reason why so many planets have humans. Same became lazy in their travels, forsake their abilities, and settled.

Anyways...about 40 years ago Fal'jenul's body was found again. It was named Jenova where I live. Even though her body seemed useless and dead, her influence was still great. Fal'jenul has the ability to manipulate the mind especially when a person has its cells put into them...talking to them...showing what it wants them to see... For the most part the creature looked like a human woman.

A couple of scientists experimented with the creature and found that by putting Jenova cells in strong people they could create something like super humans. Humans were turned into monsters by one who was particularly mad and had inserted some of the cells into himself.

It was also found that Fal'jenul can regenerate itself. When its in pieces its cells will find a way to come back together and lead any hosts it might have to one spot. Most of the lab rats didn't survive in the end. On top of mind manipulation to get a person to do what it wants, the creature is somewhat skilled in harmful illusions: it's not really there but it still hurts. Every piece of it is potentially dangerous.

Even after all the destruction it caused to a dieing planet in recent years, the planet and last descendant of that people managed to stop it. NOw the planet's energy is slowly cleansing itself of heaven's dark messenger. However...even though that planet will eventually be free of its presence, a part of it has managed to escape so the universe isn't completely rid of it.

Well that creature disappeared a while ago and nothing you have is on it since. I wonder if you care now because I search for books on it to find its origin. You think Fal'jenul could be at least a small part of Jiluzix. I have my reasons to believe so too. *He thought of last year when he went with them to that realm and afterwards how a mage's spirit had said something to him.* Do you want this creature to be a part of Jiluzix rather than something else entirely?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:32 pm

*Jacob listened carefully to what Sephiroth had to say as he prepared their bowls of oatmeal... Draining a planet of it's resources, reducing it to a barren wasteland, using lies and manipulation to have others join it's cause. It sounded very similar to things that Jiluzix would do.*

Jacob: "It would only be a small comfort if it were a part of Jiluzix. That would be something I have some knowledge in dealing with. The thing with the cells being placed in people sounds similar to a ritual of Jiluzix's."

*He paused a moment... he had noticed that while explaning matters to him, Sephiroth's eyes seemed to change in a manner. He had also noticed that slight smile. It made him wonder...*

Jacob: "Sephiroth.... were you one of those people infused with Fal'jenul's... Jenova's DNA?"

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:12 am

*One of Sephiroth's hands remained on his sword's hilt while the other moved to his forehead as he bent over and began to laugh.* Ever notice how I don't care for certain types of experiments and scientists in general? That is part of the reason. I guess you could say that I was infused with that creature's DNA. *He looked up and had a sinister looking smile on his face.* Though what I have might be far worse Jacob.

*A thoughtful look slowly appeared over his current look. He was obviously going through stages of struggling with himself since he had probably said too much.* Maybe it's still there...that horrible text I read. Maybe those notes on the "Jenova Project" are still in that building. *He stood up with his arms outstretched, sword still in one of them.* I could go and retrieve them for you and then you'll know much about me my curious friend. I have a request: don't tell the others.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:39 pm

*Jacob became concerned suddenly for Sephiroth's well-being. He was very obviously struggling with something, most likely the Fal'jenul part of him.*

Jacob: "No, no I don't think that would be a good idea. Perhaps I could go get it myself, if you were to give me directions. Sephiroth, I can tell you're struggling..."

*He paused for a moment, unsure of what to say. This change in the man was a bit disturbing.*

"If it's possible... would you undergo a sort of treatment that would seperate your DNA? ....Maybe now's not the best time to talk of it, perhaps we should change the subject."

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:40 pm

*Sephiroth looked mad when Jacob said that he knew he was struggling.* I don't know how to give you directions...I can take you with me if you're so concerned...

*He frowned at the mere mention of such treatment. What did they do to learn how to do that...How many people...why do these idiots dive into things they shouldn't mess with? Such worthless creatures.* I don't really think that will work. I'm not going to listen to you either. Hmm... are you almost done with the oatmeal? There should be tea bags and sugar in the jars. I'm going to pay a visit to the Soul Fortress after this. You wont stop me from going there either. It's quiet there and probably a batter place to ask me about this particular topic...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:12 am

Jacob: "Alright... I wouldn't stop you from going to that place anyway. It's an open, public place. I have no right stopping anyone from going there."

*Jacob didn't say very much as they ate their meal. He was convinced that whatever Fal'jenul really was, a part of Jiluzix, or it's own seperate entity, it was possessing Sephiroth, and driving the man crazy. It... concerned him that this person had spent so much time amongst the residents of THoR with what he considered to be a serious problem. He idly wondered what was going through his mind as he finished his oatmeal. He then wondered how exactly he was infused with Fal'jenul or Jenova in the first place. Was it against his will? Was it voluntary?*

Jacob: "I'll go to the Soul Fortress as well, at least for a short while. I have other matters I want to take care of today..."

*Upon arriving inside the holy structure in Limbo, Jacob's concerns and worries troubled him a bit less. They were still in his mind, but they weren't causing him unncessary stress for the time being. Likewise, there was perhaps a momentary struggle within Sephiroth's head... until the aura of the place around him helped to clear and calm his mind.*

*There was silence for a while, before Jacob decided to try and speak again... hopefully without provoking or disturbing the man before him.*

Jacob: "How exactly did you come to be infused with Fal'jenul yourself?"

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:33 pm

... must you speak so loudly? *Here at the Soul Fortress the creature was quiet. It was silent around the telepath Rosemary as well. Even with its serene calming aura he looked a little depressed.* It is quiet when I'm here which is why I come often. It is also silent when Rosemary around. If she's picked up anything it probably gave her the impression that I have schizophrenia or some similar medical condition. I was hoping that's what people would think if they thought something was wrong with me. I...I was born with it. Those notes on the experiment would have told you. I was one of the main subjects.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:03 pm

*Jacob sat on the edge of a small stone wall that enclosed a rather large garden. As he did so, a small flock of egraths rustled out of the bushes behind him and took to the air, the snake-like, feathery winged creatures moving to a tree across from him. The necromancer scratched his chin, while playing with a small spark of magical energy in his other hand, bouncing it along his fingers. Playing a little with his magics always helped him think.*

Jacob: "That's... very unfortunate that you were born with it. I have concerns over you going back there to get those texts, mostly because of how it seems to try to take control the more you discuss it. Although, there may be a solution to that.

I could craft an amulet, or some other artifact that would basically be a compact "soul fortress". It would have the same calming effect that this place has, only it wouldn't be permanent. It'd need to be recharged, or replaced every so often. Once we're sure it would work, I'd feel better about getting those notes. Perhaps it could be something useful to you in every day life, even. I've made a great variety of protective and preventive charms and trinkets, and most are easy to maintain on their own with some basic instruction."

I also know how you feel about experiments, but I was wondering... if I could get a sample of your DNA sometime. I'd like to compare it to samples of Jiluzix's DNA and see if it's really Jiluzix that's Fal'jenul, or something else entirely. Nobody would have to know of this, not even Limbo's government. I have a connection with someone that can help me with this, a former hell demon that works as a medical scientist nowadays. It would also help if I could get a basic DNA sample from someone in your world to rule out the bits of DNA in you that isn't Fal'jenul. I'm not sure how we could go about getting that, unless you know a trusted person there that would be willing."

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:43 pm

Well then you shouldn't have asked if I had it moments after I told you about it. You asked me about it and it was alerted, it got angry when I spoke of it, and furious when you asked me if I had it. Next time if you come across someone like that wait until the next day at least to ask if they have it. You never know...they might actually lash out at you or run off.

I'm not sure if it's just the calming effect of this place that does the trick. This place is well guarded and if it sensed something malicious or wrong from me it would probably react and discover what doesn't want to be found. Fal'jenul is not an idiot, it doesn't want to be kicked out of here nor does it want us to be harmed. If it's just me carrying out my business while I am here nothing happens and I am mostly ignored.

As for DNA tests...I don't know anyone who'd be willing. If I had any friends left there I probably wouldn't have left. We might be able to pick up some of the creature's DNA if certain facilities were not torn down after the war... If it's Jiluzix, you don't need a separate sample since you already have it. Someone with a good nose could probably give you the same results and we could avoid such tests.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:18 am

Jacob: "Well, I could craft something that's more than just the calm. It could have the same holy effect of detecting evil intent... I could have it do something not so severe as a consequence though, like paralyze your arms or something. Something that maybe Fal'jenul would rather not have happen, but wouldn't dehabilitate you too much either. It's your decision, I suppose."

"Perhaps later this month we'll look into those facilities. I've a few things planned the next week or so, and then I'll have to meet my quota for work for the Limboian government... dealing with exorcisms, putting spirits to rest, that sort of thing. As for now, I'd better get started on my tasks for today. I'm planning on expanding my house in my realm today with a few extra rooms, and then furnishing them. I've been convinced finally that I should be a bit more luxurious to myself than I have been by Rosemary, Veni, and my demon friends."

"...You're welcome to come along, if you like. I don't think you've seen my realm yet. That is, unless you wish to stay here a while longer, and if you don't have to go back to guard duty for the vampires right away."

- - - - -

*Muerte awoke with a bit of a start, nearly falling out of the oh so comfortable chair he had slept in. He had the most horrible nightmares, and they frightened him for reasons he couldn't even explain. He was still frightened, in fact.*

*Shaking, he sat cross legged on the floor and began to breathe deeply.*

Muerte: "~Fear is a tool of the god Death. It is a test to find the strong amongst the weak. Fear will not overcome me. I shall be tested, and I shall be found strong.~"

*Feeling a bit more calm, he stood and picked up his axe that had been laid next to the chair. Unsure of what to do, he left the room and headed towards Rosemary and Veni's. He glanced at the doors for a while, before deciding that he would stand guard.*

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games