Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Quidditch Pitch A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:20 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

seventh year || Slytherin || halfblood
Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick lancer

Echo reached over to help Daphne lower Milan towards the snowbank.

"Yea, watch his leg there. It's... really blood--"

Echo didn't hear the rest. At first it has just been a dark stain on his robes. Then with Daphne's words she realized she wasn't touching just melted snow. Before logical thought could catch up, the sky seemed to fade away from her-- Echo felt suddenly a lot higher up than she was, and despite having one hand firmly supporting Milan, he seemed very, very far away.

Her heartbeat was in her ears and it felt like her stomach was moving up her throat.

Then a sharp, pungent smell overtook the taste of metal--real or imagined-- in her nose, shocking Echo back for a brief moment. Keep it together, keep it together..

It took her a moment, but Echo slowly accepted the box of nasty reviving salts. As though moving underwater--and definitely holding her breath and avoiding looking at her brother's leg-- she waved the salts under Milan's nose like she had seen done at shows when someone fainted. She flinched when Daphne cast a spell that led to a snap from Milan's chest, but managed to hold steady. Her knuckles clenched white not from the cold but holding on to everything with a vice grip. Daphne was saying more things, but all Echo understood was that it was bad, very bad, not good, what am I supposed to do, what is the spell or potion that's supposed to solve this, you should know this do something, get over yourself, focus--

Thankfully, at some point an adult who knew what she was doing bustled between them, taking over. Madam Kavanaugh. Echo remembered her from the Hospital Wing visits. The healer is here. She knows what to do. She'll put him back. Echo fell off to the side. Her foot touched the ground--she hadn't noticed when they got so close to the ground--and slipped off her broom, pulling it out of the way of the healers. Clutching onto snitch and smelling salts, Echo took a breath she hadn't known she'd been holding and watched Milan's face for sign of coming back around.

setting Game 3-- December 2059 Quidditch pitch. || with Ravenclaw and Slytherin teams.
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing Slytherin quidditch uniform
status [lots of cursing]

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop
So, baby, pull me closer
In the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
✩★
~"Closer" by the Chainsmokers. Cover by Jonathan Young ft Travis Carte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:46 pm
User Image
                                          I Have a Dream, a song to sing
                                          To help me cope, with anything
                                          If you see the wonder, of a fairy tale
                                          You can take the future, even if you fail

User Image

Nora walked onto the pitch, a mix of feelings. She was feeling confident after her last win but she was still exhausted. It had been tight. The idea of doing it once again was ever so slightly soul-crushing to a tinypart of her. She wanted to finish this game quickly, however, they needed more points to have a place in the running for the cup. Aside from her 150 from catching the snitch, no other points were made during the entire game. If that was the case again they may end up falling too far behind. Now it wasn't just about winning outright. Nora yawned and stretched. At this point, she was leaving it all up to instinct.

null

SherbertLemondrop

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Slytherin & Hufflepuff Teams
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? We can still win this
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? At least it's not snowing

Daphne walked onto the pitch, excited to play, while a bit sad that this was her last game for Slytherin. While she was excited to graduate, she would for sure miss her team. They'd gotten pretty close over the years. While walking out, she saw the only other person here was Hufflepuff's captain, Nora Dashwood. "Hey Nora. Good luck up there today." She sent over a small smile, before moving to do some stretches. Slytherin was currently second in standings, with only Ravenclaw ahead of them. Unfortunately, they would have no idea how many points the Eagles may collect until well after today's game. So, she'd just need to work with her chasers to rack up as many goals as they could. If they could keep scoring points, it wouldn't matter if Ravenclaw won. Well... so long as they also caught the snitch today. If they could do that, they may just claim the quidditch cup this year.

SherbertLemondrop

AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 {Throwing} +8 {Stealing}
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Good Arm,Natural Flyer
Total Roll: xx {xxxxx}
x/3
Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:57 pm
User Image
Merciless memories
They're ringing on so unforgivingly
They show no intent of letting me go free
And if I close my eyes, and try to drown them out they only grow
They're closing in and far away you laugh

User Image

Muggleborn | First Year Hufflepuff | Twelve Years Old
Quidditch | Adventurer's Guild | Daily Dragon | Drama Club | Dueling Club
5th Match 2059-60 Quidditch Pitch With: Hufflepuff and Slytherin
Wearing: Beater Uniform Status: "Maybe if we go in with a good enough strategy, we could still have a shot at this."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Out of one match and straight into the next, Ivan was interest to see how today's game would play out. Though Hufflepuff managed a win in the weeks prior, Ivan wasn't exactly proud of his performance this year. It seemed his poor depth-perception was hitting him hard when it came to the bludgers. "I'm starting to wonder if I might be better suited to a different position." He admitted to Flick on their way to the pitch, a hand over his left side where he managed to snap a rib the last time. Thanks to Madame Kavanaugh it was long healed, but still carried an achy reminder to do better. Oh, if his parents only knew the kinds of things their son was getting into at Hogwarts. "I'm practicing, you know I am, but it doesn't seem to be cutting it. Then again, I'd probably have just as hard a time with the quaffle." He pulled off his glasses to compare his vision without. Dreadful. When he slid them back he noted his vision was fine, but it wasn't exactly clear, either. It had been a while since his last appointment. "Maybe I just need new glasses..."

In any case, practice would only do so much. Not only did they need some good hits, but they needed more points. Simply catching the snitch or forcing Slytherin into a forfeit with a knockout wouldn't be enough to get them anywhere this season. Today, strategy was key. "If we want a shot at the cup, we need to focus on the chasers this game. But it won't be that easy, will it?" Ivan thought aloud as he flung an arm over his friend's shoulders. "MacInnes nearly put Milan six feet under. And your brother was right menace towards the end himself. We have to keep them off of us, but we can't exactly knock anyone out, either... At least, we should hold off for as long as we can." It was no easy task, but it would be even harder if their focus was forced on one chaser more than the others. Despite the tense situation Hufflepuff has found themselves in for this game, he flashed a smile as they joined Captain Nora on the pitch. After all, Ivan loved a challenge. "We've got our work cut out for us today."

Position: Beater
                                                              AC: 14
                                                              Modifiers: +2 Hitting
                                                              Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
                                                              Lives: ♡ ♡ ♡
                                                              Final Roll: xx

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Stefan Lee Salvatore

Will the rain falling down ever find an ending?
                                                              All this time I've been waiting in the freezing cold
                                                              Will the rain ever leave me alone, I wonder why it chose
                                                              To follow me when there's nowhere else I can go

Trickblues

Trickblues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:07 pm
User Image
Right now, I know that if I go, nothing will change
Yes, without delay the world will spin on either way
“In that case, it’s okay,” So I want to say
But I’m void of a voice for a phrase so fake
I’m afraid, ‘cause I’d want to be missed
See, the sad truth is

User Image

Halfblood | Third Year Slytherin | Fourteen Years Old
Apprentice Blacksmith | Art Club | Creature Appreciation Club | Quidditch Announcer/Beater
5th Match, 2059-60 The Pitch With: Slytherin & Hufflepuff
Wearing: Beater Uniform Status: Focused

Áedán found himself on the pitch earlier than usual today. Most of the time he would spend some time in the announcer's booth with Tàm and Jules, or come along with Erikk. But today? Áedán wasn't feeling up to socializing, and had said hardly a word all morning. He was more focused on the match ahead. Though his performance against Ravenclaw showed marked improvement compared to their initial match against Gryffindor, he made his share of mistakes... Namely putting Milan Wellbelove in the hospital wing all Winter break. Áedán had no idea through the snowfall that he had injured him that badly. He didn't even want to entertain what might have happened if Linsey and Robin hadn't fended him and Erikk off during that final stretch.

Today, yet again, Áedán entered the pitch with the intention to do better. If he could land hits without splattering blood, that would be ideal. As he went into his stretches after greeting his teammates, he glanced up to the Announcer's Booth. He'd have to be extra careful, too, so that Tàmhas wouldn't worry and wind up with another detention for his colorful language. He wasn't sure how well Tàm could see him from up there, but Áedán could definitely make out that mop of brown hair, so he flashed him a two finger salute before he went back about his business.

Position: Beater
                                                              AC: 13
                                                              Modifiers: + 3 Hitting
                                                              Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
                                                              Lives: ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
                                                              Final Roll: XX

OOC:

USERNAME

I’m just an outcast trying to pass for someone strong
                                                              Nothing but a coward with a hated person’s song
                                                              As I write from my mind, all my wonders burst in colors
                                                              Reaching out to be...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:50 pm
User Image
You talk talk talk
But got nothing to say
Do you think that you can give it a break?
You know how, how to ruin a day
I hear it from a mile away

User Image

Pureblood | Third Year Slytherin | Fourteen Years Old
Quidditch - Beater | Dueling Club | Herbology Club
5th Match, 2059-60 The Pitch With: Slytherin & Hufflepuff
Wearing: Beater Uniform Status: "Hufflepuff's going down."

All in all, Erikk was pretty damn pleased with how their last game went. Not only did the beaters redeem themselves for their mess of a first game, but Echo caught the snitch, securing their victory when the match was at its most bleak. Yes, some players got hurt, himself included. But that was just Quidditch!

Erikk didn't remember a lot about what happened at the end of the match beyond being glad it was over. His world had gone dark, and the next thing he knew, he was in a bed in the hospital wing with Jaelah and Flick for company. His sibling may not have been willing to jump straight to besties, but Erikk stood on tolerable ground now. That alone meant everything. Even his dad had paid a small visit while he was out, supposedly, and... Maybe Alarick was a little more tolerable these days as well. It was nice to know he cared, and judging by the treats he decided to leave behind? He paid attention (Or ******** cheated and phoned a Knapp, but he was pretty sure it was legitimate). To Erikk, that had been the shock of the century. Being the middlest of the middle, that was more effort than he had ever expected towards himself. They still hadn't had a proper heart-to-heart. Erikk wasn't ready for that. But, he sometimes approached his Dad outside of Charms now. That was weird.

Besides all that, Slytherin was currently second in the standings. If they did well enough in this match, their team could very well come away with the cup at the end of the season. They just had to keep up their energy.

"Do your best today," He said to Jaelah upon reaching the pitch. He reached a hand up and ruffled her hair with a teasing smirk. "If you catch some quaffles, I'll bring you back whatever you want from Hogsmeade on my next trip. Deal?"

AC: 16
                                                                Modifiers: + 4 Hitting
                                                                Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                                Lives: ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
                                                                Final Roll: xx

OOC:
                                                                Stefan Lee Salvatore

I know that words are just words
                                                                And I'm trying to let go
                                                                But what you said is absurd
                                                                And I'm hearing the echoes
                                                                Ringing in my head

Trickblues

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:34 am
User Image User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith xxxxxxxxxxxxx Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year xxxxxxxxxxxx Slytherin Fourth Year

It’s been a long road, but here we are, the last match,’ thought Ron, as he and Brianna walked along toward the Quidditch pitch together, broomsticks slung over their shoulders, just like always. Not only was it likely the last meaningful match he’d ever play, aside from fun little scrimmages with Aria and his sister, but the last time he and Brianna would be going head-to-head in a school match. They’d had a lot of scraps in the air, a bunch of fun, and laughs over butterbeers down in the kitchens afterwards over the years, and this was the last go-around, and he knew he’d miss that.

If it hadn’t been for Nora coming up with the snitch in the last match, the Badgers wouldn’t be playing for anything other than pride today, and they would need to have a good match indeed today to secure the Cup. If anything, the Snakes were better placed to overtake the Eagles in the race. Ron shoved aside his calculations about Cup races and points needed, he needed to focus on the here and now, and his last match against his little sister. Neither of them had spoken of the event, even though it was looming larger for them now, although they’d received an owl letting them know Mom was planning to be in the stands today to watch.

Instead of their usual sibling bantering, Brianna was content to walk along quietly with her older brother, whom was just as willing to stay silent. She knew she needed to focus on the upcoming match, especially since Echo recovered the Snitch in that meatgrinder of a match against the Eagles on a frozen pitch not so long before and the door to the Cup was open just a little bit for them. But, right then, just knowing what else was going on today, she was having a rough time of it. She promised herself she wouldn’t cry, after all, as in baseball, there was no crying in Quidditch.

Suddenly, before they really wanted it to, the time came for them to separate, and go join their respective squads. Ron turned to look over at Brianna, seeing the scrappy little First Year he’d walked out here with four years before and the young woman she’d become all at once. Brianna returned his gaze, and her promise to herself was broken in an instant as an anguished sob pulled itself out of her. ‘I-I don’t want this to be the end, Ron. Please, don’t go, please...” She threw herself into him and hugged him harder than she could remember ever doing.

Ron pulled his little sister close, giving her a fierce bearhug in return, hiding the fact that he too was tearing up. As tears rolled down his cheeks and into Brianna’s blonde hair, he told her quietly, “We knew this would come; I guess it came sooner than we planned. Come on, Anna, we need to get going. People seeing us are going to think somebody died or something. Remember, both of us have a match to win and a Cup to contend for, so keep your head in the game. You’re going to be okay whether I’m here or not, you just won’t have me to steal the Quaffle from, that’s all. You going to be okay?”

The two of them stepped back a step, and Brianna nodded her head as she wiped away the tears from her face. “Yeah, I’m good. Ron… good hunting.” Ron gave her a smile, and he answered back with, “And you fly hard, Anna.” Brianna drew a deep, steadying breath, and asked, “So, butterbeers afterwards?” Ron gave her a self-assured nod, and said, “Like always. Mom will be there this time, but, yeah, like always.”

The two of them started off on their separate ways, and Brianna paused to look back. She saw Ron had turned to wave a salute at her, before he turned to keep walking toward where the Badgers were gathering. As she walked toward her team, she heard Ron’s voice carry upon the breeze. “Once more unto breach, dear friends, once more…” Brianna shook her head, chuckled, and commented, “Panem et circenses. Ave morituri te sulutant, aut non.”

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:27 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

seventh year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

“Last game, huh!” Galen mused aloud. He joined his fellow chasers with his usual optimistic smile, a gleam of dark gold determination in his eyes. He’d missed last game, but Nora had caught the snitch, putting them on the board. Today, they had quite a few goals to catch up with if they were to have any hope of snagging the Quidditch up.

He stretched his fingers out and rolled his arm back in a stretch. But win or not, the important thing was to play hard. ”Let’s make it a good one.”

setting March 206, Game 5 of 2059-2060 year || with Hufflepuff vs Slytherin
appearance 5'10", dark golden irises || wearing quidditch robes
status Time to play hard. One more game, as hard as we can!

Stats: Chaser
AC: 20
Modifiers: +8 to catching the quaffle, +6 to everything else.
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3

Graydon Ironshield

If sunlight bothers you in the path then
I'll spread the shade
If darkness scares you then
On the horizon I'll decorate the moon
If you're sad, then I'll crack jokes
And make you laugh
Laughing and singing this way
I'll walk four steps with you.
☺☻
~"Chaar Kadam" from PK..

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:32 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

Echo was, honestly, surprised she was playing this match. But this year they had…a fighting chance? She’d managed to catch the snitch at least once, which put them on the board. On the board. It was the closest they’d been since Echo was first-string seeker.

Then there was the whole rumor that she was pregnant– she wasn’t sure if she should be playing if she were actually pregnant–she wasn’t sure they would let her. But she probably wasn’t, so it didn’t really matter, did it?

All she had to do was get the snitch and she could get back to…what was she looking forward to? Studying? At least up here she could fly.

Today Echo was against Nora. Nora, Nora, Nora. It seemed half the school wanted to be with her, and the other half wanted to be her. Echo wasn’t sure she fell into either camp– they had fun together at Order of the Stick, and Nora was capable, but she definitely needed a stylist if she was actually running for Minister of Magic. On one hand, Echo would be a terrible Nora– Echo was more severe, and even when she was pleasantly high she wasn’t sweet and guilelessly honest. She couldn't pull off cheerful and genuine and harmlessly silly but brutally efficient like Nora Dashwood seemed to, and she wasn’t even sure she wanted to. On the other, she couldn’t date Nora because she was totally straight…maybe…she wasn’t so sure about that anymore…either way! There were the rumors Nora was some kind of veela seductress, but Echo had met part veelas in the fashion world and thought Nora was a very different kind of beauty. More... wind than the bird. Dating Nora just felt…awkward, like dating the sun or a flower or a dog. Besides, there was another blonde lass that Echo would much rather be in her personal space, critiquing art and bickering over the latest trends, breaking the buttons on that stupid blazer–

Ahem. Focus. Quidditch first. Mentally undressing a certain annoyingly attractive Gryffindor later.

Echo settled for a cool nod at her opponent before joining her teammates on the pitch. She overheard Brianna murmuring her comment on Quidditch. Earlier in the year, Echo had agreed. But today? ”Quite so, Brianna. But today? Victoria aut mors.”

setting Game 5, or 2059-2060 year: March 2060 || with Slytherin and Hufflepuff
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing quidditch robes
status At least it's the last Quidditch match...oh it's the last Quidditch match....

Position: Slytherin Seeker
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
Modifiers: +8 to hitting the bludger, +6 to everything else.
Lives: <3 <3 <3 <3

Sherbert Lemondrop

kiska166

Graydon Ironshield

And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop
So, baby, pull me closer
✩★

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:05 pm
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleChaserHufflepuff Prefect

Yeah, last game, ol’ buddy,” replied Ron, trying hard not to lament the fact this would be the last time he’d ride out with the Badgers. “We’ve got our work cut out for us today. If my calculations are right, we need something like five goals and the Snitch to win the Cup. Oh, and we have to hope the Eagles come up dry. But, if anyone can pull it off, we can.”

He started his stretching exercises, standing not far from Galen. It was hard not to think about the first time they played together, and there was a warm feeling in Ron’s heart, thinking about everything that happened since. Yeah, if he had the chance, he’d do it all again. Victory or not, it was important to have fun, and leave it all on the pitch. Ron agreed with Galen’s sentiment, and added, “Yep, let’s make it one for the annals.”

Taken by Artemisia Rosalie League
OOC:
addaellis

User ImageAC: 18
Modifiers: +8 to Catch and Shoot the Quaffle
Special Skills: Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action:
Effect Value:  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:59 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingleChaser

Brianna smiled when she heard Echo agree with her sentiment, and add in…” Victory or death? Mortem vel gloriam? I can get behind that. I wouldn’t mind handing my brother a loss in his final match. Also wouldn’t mind grabbing the Quaffle, knocking him off his broomstick, and scoring a goal too. I just need to score two goals in this match to beat my brother’s tally for the season.”

She’d never made a secret of how she measured herself against her brother and Aria, and that included how she did in her matches. Like her brother, she didn’t think she’d play again after graduation, at least nothing in a formalized situation, and certainly not in the pros, so she made the point of keeping score. Today’s match was more than her keeping score. They had a decent shot at the Cup this term, better than the Badgers had, they just needed a bit of ‘bonus fortuna’ to come their way.

Well, I haven’t seen any ravens flying around the pitch today, have you Echo?”

OOC:
addaellis

User ImageAC: 16 (-1 to AC due to weather)
Modifiers: +6 to Shoot and Steal the Quaffle (-1 DRM due to weather)
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Action:
Effect Value:  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:23 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

"Well, then, you best fly quick up there," Echo replied at Brianna's competitiveness-- she had since realized it was competition, not true blood, that Brianna was after in her little rivalry with her brother. The Wellbeloves though, were a united front. When she was competing against Ravenclaw she of course, hoped Slytherin would win, but there was no vitriol against Milan specifically Or maybe you just know you've already lost any and all competitions against any of your quadruplets

She banished the through, shrugging it off as she rotated her arm and stretched it out. Brianna was looking out for the ravens again, as she seemed to have been every quidditch practice or game this year. "You and your obsession with ravens," she started, then hesitated. Echo needed every bit of luck she could get for the match today. "But no, I haven't."

setting Game 5, or 2059-2060 year: March 2060 || with Slytherin and Hufflepuff
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing quidditch robes
status At least it's the last Quidditch match...oh it's the last Quidditch match....

Position: Slytherin Seeker
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
Modifiers: +8 to hitting the bludger, +6 to everything else.
Lives: <3 <3 <3 <3

Graydon Ironshield

And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop
So, baby, pull me closer
✩★

addaellis

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:05 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingleChaser

With a wicked little grin, Brianna said, “Oh, I plan to do just that, but then I always do when I’m playing against Ron. Leave it all on the pitch, just like we were taught to do. Still, I get two scores, I beat his tally for the season; we get three scores, and catch the Snitch, we’ll be the ones with the Cup, not Ravenclaw. Be a nice swan song for you, won’t it Echo?” That match before break had been a rough one; it felt to Brianna they didn’t so much beat the Eagles so much as they managed to somehow outlast them long enough for Echo to grab the Snitch.

Brianna moved through her pregame ritual of stretches, and she chuckled when Echo brought up her obsession with ravens. “I started paying attention to those birds when you mentioned them being there at our practices. I’m hoping that if neither of us having seen any today is a good omen.”

OOC:
addaellis

User ImageAC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to Shoot and Steal the Quaffle
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Action:
Effect Value:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:45 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Slytherins and Hufflepuffs
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Game Time!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's a very lovely morning

Xiang was excited for today's game, but also a little sad. For a few of her little players were graduating soon and this would be their final game. However, they were all very hungry for the win. With scores all fairly close, it was literally anyone's game. Walking onto the pitch, Xiang waved at all the players, before doing her little sweeping gesture to send them all skyward. Stepping up to stand on her broomstick, Xiang rose to the center of the pitch. "Good morning, my beautiful little honeybees! Today is the final game for both Hufflepuff and Slytherin this year. As always, I want a nice, clean game. No cheating, no magic, no generalized tomfoolery. It's a beautiful day and I want a nice game. Captains, ready?"

After getting confirmation from both teams, Xiang released the bludgers, then the snitch, before prepping the tossup. Everyone was eager to begin, so she tossed the quaffle straight up between the Chasers, then backed up to watch the game. Above, the announcing began in a familiar Scottish accent.

I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          Jᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ, I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
          Ⲁⲛⲇ Ⲓ ⲱⲟⲛ'ⲧ 𝓵ⲓ𝓿ⲉ ⲙⲩ 𝓵ⲓ𝓯ⲉ ⲁ𝓯ꞅⲁⲓⲇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 2, 3, 4, 1, 10, 10, 2, 1 Total: 44 (10-100)

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Karah ThomasUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Slytherin Sixth Year
Quidditch PlayerUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in TraininingUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick BelieverPrefectUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick Believer

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

It was her last game of the year - Karah had to do great. They HAD to win. If they won this game, and Gryffindor won the next game - it was likely they could go away with the cup this year. When the quaffle launched - Karah dove for it.

"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."

Position: Chaser
Modifiers: +8 Stealing +8 Shooting
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Natural Flyer, ADV Flying I & II;
Lives: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Roll: + 8 stealing =
Trying to: Get the First Quaffle

Quote:

Quote:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games