Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ☁ [ Hidden Cloud Village } Kumogakure (UHV'd, closed)
[☁] || Rising Tower || .:Academy | Dojo:. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 348 349 350 351 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Rexnov generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:49 pm
User Image
Axel Storn

Chunin l C - Rank l Kumogakure l Samurai l Prodigy
Chakra - 225/390 l Stamina - 245/375

"I am the sword in the Darkness...

Axel squinted his eyes at the Snow Lion and breathed out in frustration, he hoped Shukenja could tell his annoyance. He did not answer Axel’s question, and that bothered the young Chunin at lengths. ” Come on Shukenja. I can tell she is not well, the question is why? What’s wrong with her?” He doubted the Snow Lion would answer, but he would have to make due with whatever information he decided to spare to him. But he would not have to wait for the Snow Lion to give him the answers to his questions, for they came from the source herself. He extended the notebook and grabbed it and read over it with some worry. Why had she not slept? What had exactly happened while he had been captured? Had something else happened in the village and he never found out? If that was the case, Axel’s failures grew heavier and heavier upon his shoulders. As he continued to read he felt his shoulders began to weigh on him, his eyes began to burn as they yearned for sleep. He had eaten to quench some of the problems he had, namely the lack of food and drink during their mountain stay, but not once had the redhead slept or taken a moment to rest beyond what little rest he managed to steal in the tormenting trip back to the Village Hidden in the Clouds. He yawned loudly and rubbed his left eye with the back of his free hand. “I’m not that tired. I just need to train.” Axel said before staring blankly at Shukenja, and then frowning, realizing the girl could not hear him speak. He had never asked why she could not hear, and he did not think he would ever ask, it would be strange, to say the least.

He offered his hand so she would hand over the notebook and pen for him to write. Once it was in his possession, he began to jot down: “Why were you not sleeping? Did something happen? And I am not that tired, I always look like this.” He was obviously lying. He did not want her, or anyone, to have to worry about him. The last thing he wanted was to be seen as weak by her, of all people, the one person he believed he had to prove himself to the most. ” You should not train until you have rested, and hopefully eaten something. Do not worry about me. I have been through worse than that.” It was not exactly a lie, or at all for that matter. He had in fact been through worse with his father. He had almost died a few times, here and there, from blows given to him by his father, or sisters, and by fire. He seemed to stare at nothing as the images, and sound, of a crackling fire infested his mind. The fire gave way to ice, so cold it burned the back of his mind hotter than any real fire he had ever felt. With a shudder, he pushed the thoughts away, both of the fire and the ice beasts they had faced and forced himself to be here in the here and now, focusing on Shukenja and Hakanai. While he was stuck in his mind he looked like a blank, staring down at the notebook, lost in thought, but fear was clear in his eyes, but fear of what? That was the question a careful, an analytic, onlooker would ask himself, o herself, if they caught the episode that had plagued the Chunin. “Regardless…” He jotted down the word and let the pen rest upon the paper, making the ink run a little on the page, leaving a fat black dot at the end of the ‘g’s tail. “Do not worry about me. I am perfectly fine. I just need to train. Get stronger. Show everyone what I am capable of.” And more importantly make sure no one gets hurt ever gain. Not while I can do anything about it. He thought as he handed the notebook back to its rightful owner. He would not write that down to her, he would not admit that to anyone for that matter, that was his perpetual burden to carry, and he would not let anyone help him with that, not even if they offered to do so. He had to brake this world alone, that was the way his family was intended to do things, that was why the Storns had only one male son, and no more. He was an exception to a generation’s long rule. He had been created for the sole purpose of restoring honor to his family, no one could help him with that, and as such, he knew that the weight he carried on his shoulders was his alone.

Ryo: 2523
AC: 6300
OOC:

Candies: 7

Technique Used:

Passives:

Specialization Bonus: - 5 Chakra and Stamina for Buki Techs
Mori Strength Bonus: +.1 In Strength

...I am the shield that guards the realm of men."

Lily Platypus

October Night Starlight

Jenni Deer generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:30 pm
User Image
x|| ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •• ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ||

xxx❝ Come and save me,
I'm losing my
mind
Waiting and waiting...

|| ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •• ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ||x

Shu hated it when someone used his full name and Axel did just that. He simply growled towards the man as he did not answered. In fact, he refused to answered. One thing that both Hakanai and himself had to learn, was to stop being hypocrites. I watched him as he was more than aggressive in taking my notebook away, causing me to growl at him slightly. I did not appreciate his aggressiveness. It seemed when he was reading the notebook, the world had collapsed onto his shoulders. Why was that? What was he thinking? I was starting to become frustrated. One of my hand went to gently run my own fingers through my soft and wild hair, it was one of the things I usually do when I was nervous and encountering something I was not used to facing. I took few deep breaths as I did everything to calm myself down. My reason for feelings was not at him, but the lack of communication we had. My arms crossed across my chest as he was voicing something but I didn't exactly catch what he said. I did know one thing though, he said Shu's name, not just the nickname but his entire name. My blue hues glanced down Shu and it seemed that he did not appreciate what he said. Shu knew that Axel was lying. With that yawn and bloodshot eyes? His hand once again extended to me as I glanced down. What did he want? Maybe it was the pen. With that, I handed over the pen that I was holding in my hand and watched him write. I had to write. Maybe, this was another reason that perhaps I should become hearing. There wouldn't be problems like this. Frustrations, anger, and miscommunication, they were all negative. I wanted my life to go back to where it was, but I knew that now, it was far too late for it. Time seemed to go on as he continued to write. It felt like an eternity. What was he saying? I had a half of mind to stand by his side and read over his shoulder but I hated it when people do that to me so I wouldn't do that to him.

Finally, he handed the notebook back towards me as I reached out to take it away from his grasp. Once I got it, I started to read. I could feel frustration and anger was increasing in me but I managed to stay calm. After all, that's what confinement would do someone. Anger would get me to no where and I had to learn that the hard way and I was glad I learned. But how, how can I teach him before it was too late? I bitterly bit my gum and fought back my tears at reading his words. Some leader he was. "Do not lie to me." I voiced to him. I was regarding to the fact that he apparently was not that tired, he always looked like this. "I know what an exhausted person looks like." I shook my head in frustration. This boy! What the hell was wrong with him. "You are a leader. We follow your example. So fine. Okay. You aren't tired and everything is dandy and all is well and good. Shu and I will start following your examples. After all, a leader says let's go and followers follow." I hissed, it took me so much to keep my voice from raising. "A tired person is more likely to make a mistake they will regret for the rest of your life. Do not dare to tell me that you are different from everyone else, guess what, you aren't that different. You are a functional ******** human being, just like everyone else. If you do not take care of yourself... you already failed to help this village. I didn't, and I ended up attacking an ally. At least, I ******** admitted that I was tired. Have the decency to be a human and do the same and actually do something about it." My cold blue hues watched and waited for Axel's reaction. His body language, I watched every single moment of it. I was not going to let him destroy himself. My hand extended the notebook, with strong and steady eyes and body language as I waited for him to take it and write down whatever dumb argument he could come up with. Meanwhile, Shu sniffed around when a sickly and sweet scent had reached to his nose. He looked around and found some more candy oddly enough. Seriously, where they were coming from? And it was exactly the same amount that Shu had found earlier. and found some more candy oddly enough. Was it going to be like this all day? Shu was never a fan of sweet smells...why can't it be some kind of meat candy? Pfft. That would be too small for this massive still growing hybrid.

Hakanai Yuki ❅ Kumogakure ❅ Chuunin
❅ Tamer ❅ Medical❅ Hyōton Clan
❅ Chakra: 325/410 ❅ Stamina: 270/270

Shukenja ❅ Kumogakure ❅ Chuunin x
Snow Leopard ❅ Lion ❅ Hybrid x
❅ Chakra: 410/410 ❅ Stamina: 270/270 x

|| ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •• ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ||

OoC: Total of candies found: 12

Current Attire: Same as the one in the pic
Headband Location: Around her left bicep

Action:

Rexnov

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Royal Taorito generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:38 pm
User Image
E I G H T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R

K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered, surrounded by the world. And yet you're smiling bright, completely blind to life.

R A I K A G E B U K I J U T S U - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

I'm breakable, unbreakable. I'm shaking yet unshakable.

[x] Damn this kid was tricky. Thus far, he'd managed to avoid every strike I threw at him. Well, avoid wasn't the correct word. Block, which was going to put a lot of pressure on his arms. What's more, he was a thinker. Perhaps not as physically strong as I was, he had the tactical ability to make up for it. He knew that overpowering me was impossible, so he was trying to take my weapon away, which was fair. While I could defend myself with hands and feet, taking blows from the bokken wouldn't be kind, and my reach would be much shorter than his. If that were to happen, I'd need to disarm him as quickly as possible or he'd win the round. And I wasn't going to let that happen easily. First, though, I needed to see how much he could handle and step up one more notch. Once I found his limit, I could back off again.

At any rate, it was becoming a battle of endurance more than skill.

My kick shoved him back, although it didn't take him off of his feet like I'd hoped. He was better grounded than I thought. The style Basai Bagua, in that case, might suit him very well. It still upheld a traditional strictness like Tetsu no Ryu, much more formal than my preference of Kiss of Flesh and Steel, but focused on using an enemy's attack against them. As the technique names suggested, the style put one into the mindset of flowing water, allowing the user to weave between opponents and throw them into one another. While better with multiple foes, it took advantage of surrounding obstacles as well, making it ideal for combat in close quarters.

Soraru's stumble provided a brief reprieve that I didn't take advantage of this time around, my attention caught by a familiar presence just a moment before he spoke. The word Shuhan forced a small frown; Wan knew perfectly well how much I disliked formality, especially with my best friend. But that also meant something was on his mind. My assumption was that it had to do with the threat of his tribe arriving in our lands. So I wasn't going to berate him for it. My sparring partner didn't give me a chance to respond immediately anyway, because he moved again. And fast.

I had only a moment to react, given the distance between us. For another genin, dodging might have been near impossible, but to an eye trained for thinking as fast as I moved, I had just enough time to use my favorite technique and, in some ways, my signature move. Although low ranked, it moved as fast as its element: lightning. The only downside was the brief disorientation that followed, but given I needed it just to get past him, the length of time I remained in the technique should have been short enough to avoid the side effects. Bringing my Raiton chakra to the surface again until it danced across my skin, I shot forward, into Soraru's attack, which, I hoped, would be the least of what he expected. The only glimpse he'd get was a flash of light that, unless he could find a way to dodge, would pass through him. The same as the previous technique, the intention was to both shock and stun him so that I could get another attack on him from behind. Although I didn't anticipate him switching directions last second, I didn't believe he moved enough to avoid the technique.

As soon as I passed through him my solid form was restored and I used the momentum I'd gained to spin, swinging the bokken around and, ideally, into his back. Although I did hold back in the strike; I didn't want to hurt the kid and if this did end the round, we still had two more to go through with. Not to mention that, again, I didn't have the states to heal him with. I'd heard Shu's voice at some point, which meant that Hakanai probably wasn't far off, so we did have a medic if necessary. The point was to avoid that.

That thought hit a sore spot somewhere between responsibility and my personal feelings. I was furious with her. She attacked another shinobi, a comrade, and that wasn't okay. In fact, as much as I hated to say it, if it were anyone else, they might not even be in the village anymore, hunted instead by oinin. Actually, who was I kidding? Most of the shinobi of Kumogakure, I'd probably avoid punishing in such a way. That soft part of me I couldn't seem to escape kept getting in the way, and I couldn't bring myself to do what was necessary.

But that was what Wan was for.

Jumping back to avoid any retaliation in the situation it didn't work, I put some distance between us so I could fight off the brief dizziness caused by the transformation. I also took that moment to respond to Wan, taking deep breaths to calm my adrenaline. "Uh... Thanks, I guess." I wasn't sure if the giant was actually paying attention still. His booming voice continued, speaking to someone else. I kept on anyway, assuming he was. "Going to Kirigakure was a success, if that counts for something."

Techniques Used:
Raikou Henge no Jutsu [Lightning Transformation Technique] - D
When performing this skill, the user transforms into an extremely quick 'strand' of lightning. In this quick state, nothing is done slowly - everything is in a rush for the user. However, this strand of lightning is incapable of changing directions on its own. It can only change directions by bouncing off another object, such as a tree or a boulder, but the user is capable of bouncing off in any angle they wish to. The transformation automatically dissipates when the user makes contact with a living target: being in a state similar to lightning, the user plunges completely into their target, and ends up in their physical state on the other side of their opponent. In addition to giving the target a painful electrical shock, this skill may cause temporary paralysis. Because of the fast speeds associated with this skill, the user will feel dizzy, confused, and often nauseous for some time afterward. This technique can be used in conjunction with other Jutsu, such as the Call of Lightning Technique, or the Lightning Clone Technique, to confuse the opponent. However, no skills can be used in this state.
☁ Formless Attack - D

Current Objectives:
☁ Spar with Soraru

Items of Note:
☁ Wooden Bokken [right hand]
☁ Elemental Uchigatana [Raiton] [set aside]
☁ UHV Shield [set aside]

Royal Oatmeal

Lanfaer

I don't want to hurt you, it's not my nature. A monster born from dusk to dawn can't be your savior.

┃☁ a c | 62250
┃☁ r y o | 24600
┃☁ c h a k r a | 1310 / 1330 (-10)
┃☁ s t a m i n a | 1015 / 1105 (-10)
┃☁ t r a n c e | 25 / 25
┃☁ m o o d | focused
┃☁ h e a l t h | tired
┃☁ i n j u r i e s | none

Artwork and character © Taorito  
Rexnov generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:40 pm
User Image
Axel Storn

Chunin l C - Rank l Kumogakure l Samurai l Prodigy
Chakra - 225/390 l Stamina - 245/375

"I am the sword in the Darkness...

He furrowed his brow and did not take his eyes off her, between the lion’s growls and her words, all he felt was the rage swelling inside of him. The rage, and the death like sensation of being tired. Axel clenched his fist and for a moment felt like he would lash out and strike her, in the jaw, in the stomach, in the eye, it made no difference. The important thing was that he did not hit her. He exhaled and never looked away. His eyes were cold steel, but behind his apparent cool burned a fire that threatened to consume him, her, and everyone around him. She had no idea what she was talking about, he did not have the luxury to rest like she did, he had to prove himself that rain or shine, he would always be the best. He twisted his mouth when he could no longer keep himself quiet. “Look.” His voice was aggravated, it matched his face. ”Truth is you do not know what you are talking about Hakanai. I’m not telling you to follow me, or to do what I am doing, I am telling you to do what you should be doing, regardless of what I am doing. I am the leader, and even if I do not want to be, it means you should do as I say, not as I am doing. Regardless of whether or not I am your leader, I am your friend, and as such, I just want you to be rested. I will rest when I need to, regardless of how I look and what you think. I can’t afford to rest. I have a mission in life, a goal, if you will, to make my family great, to bring honor to my family, to make my father proud. That is the reason why I exist. Unlike most that are alive by pure stroke of luck, I do not have that luxury. So do not just stand there and judge me assuming you know what is right. And do not dare to stand there and think that I failed in protecting this village. I do not rest to be strong enough to protect it when I must, that is the truth. What’s more is that I do not have the luxury to be human.” He slowly started raising his voice as he spoke, without realizing it. His fists were still clenched and his nails dug into his skin, but it was not hard enough to make him bleed. Then, when he was just about to start shouting, he realized it did not matter what he said, she could not hear him. Twice in one conversation, how embarrassing. He breathed in deeply and put his hand on to his forehead, his fingers played with his hair, and his eyes closed. He held them like that for a moment, relishing in the heat they felt as a result of his exhaustion. A sigh escaped him and he opened his eyes, then extended his hand to wait for the notebook. Once it was there, he let the pen hover over the white page for a moment. He tapped against it, leaving small black ink dots on the page, before scribbling some words on it, ‘Look, you have to understand…’ and then he swirled the pen over it, turning his words into nothing but black illegible blots and swirls. ” You are right.” He wrote plainly. Arguing with her was pointless. She was right in the end, he was aware of that, he had to rest, or better put, he should rest, but he would not do so. Not until he could afford to. His time to rest would be translated into the time he spent eating, the pants he would take in between the shooting of an arrow and the swing of a sword. He would train until his body was ready to give out, and once it reached that point, that was when he would push himself further, because that was the man he was, that was the type of man he strived to be, a man of action, a man or passion and above all, a man of power. “I should rest,” He continued to write, measuring his words to ensure that he made no mistake, and misspoke, or misswrote in this case. “I just want to make sure that I am never put in the passion where I cannot help those that I care about. If instead of Shu it would have been you, maybe you would not have been able to live, and if that was the case, I would never be able to forgive myself. I will rest for the mission, I give you my word, but for now, I do not have time for that, I cannot afford to rest, you on the other hand need to be perfectly rested for your training, it requires concentration to do… what do you do? I never asked. I can see you are not a weapon user, so I will assume ninjutsu?”

Ryo: 2523
AC: 6300
OOC:

Candies: 13

Technique Used:

Passives:

Specialization Bonus: - 5 Chakra and Stamina for Buki Techs
Mori Strength Bonus: +.1 In Strength

...I am the shield that guards the realm of men."

Lily Platypus

October Night Starlight

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
BlackFruity generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:38 am
User Image
Honō Hokori
[ "A shinobi who succumbs to their nature is a shinobi lesser than I." ]

So it was witnessed...
                                Honō was a little sadened at the giant cat's departure. His green eyes turned away from the informative scene of the Raikage Kaileer and the Genin's own teammate Soraru to cast a glance over the retreating form of the feline. Honō's slender fingers were still partially outstretched, left prone in the air while in the middle of their ministrations upon the cat's neck, the warmth of the thick, silken fur having soaked through the scarred, calloused digits, now left to the cool air. Honō barely managed to restrain himself from sighing in dispondence.

"Goodbye, oh..." The Hari clan member paused, a hand reaching up, fingers brushing his lips. He had just realised he never caught the majestic animal's name... That was so rude of him - having lost all sense of his manners in his own excitement of getting to pat such a beautiful beast. His family would be so disspointed in him...! The clacks and bangs of wood striking wood startled Honō back into the present. That's right; if he was to be of any help to his teammate, he had to start learning about him! And that included how Soraru fought - the patterns, his preference of weapons and method of approach. The only praise Honō has every really received is his capacity for observation - be it mostly for the improvement of the items they made at the forge for the sake of durability alone, rather than anything to really do with their aesthetic. And in regards to people... well. He has been told he was astute, at times. And... perhaps too much so, at another time. Still; Honō can't deny that the times he still does use his ability to read a person's needs or wants has meant that the other person has been... dare he say they were left 'happier' for Honō's actions? It was almost too much for him - praise undeserved.

During Honō's attempt to focus on Soraru's and Kaileer's actions, he found himself making notes of how they both interacted. It was as much of Honō's own want to help and in his own fear of what it would be like to face such an opponent at close range... In all honestly, the glass-maker would probably either flee or encase himself via his clan's jutsu until such a time as he could flee. Or be saved. What a way for a supposed shinobi of Kumo to think... It was bad enough of how hyper-vigilant he was, now that he didn't have the presence of the giant cat next to him to distract that wondering part of his mind from over-acting. He tried to keep his eyes on the match, and the match alone, but still his peripheral vision dominated his nerves and gave his anxiety the material needed to yell from the darkness in the back of his mind. Every single time someone walked by, or had stopped to watch the match, Honō heard the nagging voice in the back of his head demeaning him. How could Honō be of any use just from watching the match? It not like he could find anyone weak enough to match him and give him a fair fight anyway - and why must he make himself such an easy target to be seen? Suddenly, a thought, different, yet similar, to all the others broke through the noise of Honō's mind. Was this spar a way for Soraru, an outsider to Kumo and its surrounding lands, to prove himself to... to who? To the village as a whole?

Honō blinked, his mind quiet, his eyes now watchful with an air somewhat different to the previous one, as though seeing something in a new light. Whatever it was that Honō had observed to cause the thought to penetrate his own self-loathing, the thought felt as much fitting as it was... not. A portion of a puzzle piece, not the whole of the tiny section. And just as Honō's gaze was being focused, serious, a looming figure appeared from the side, startling Honō back into his nervous self. The sheer size was more than enough for his mind to jump to whom it most likely would be - Advisor Wanryroku. The great hulk of a man had stepped up to the Hari clan member's side - what was the protocal here?! Was it like with his own clan; to bow and step to the side? Honō already had one hand gently resting against his chest, the other gently curled and lightly touching his lips, but he quickly pulled them down to his sides and turned to bow at Wan, almost at the exact same time as the older man had turned and began to extend his hand in a form of his own greeting.

"O-oh..." Honō blinked. A second ticked by, the surprise melting off his face as he heard the gentle nature in the advisor's voice. "Advisor Wan," Honō's awkward half-bow posture was pulled back upright - oh, how rare it was for Honō to have to look up to someone, and he missed it. Honō reached out with both hands to greet Wan's giant paw, and still his slender digits could be completely lost in that bulk. "I apologise," He greeted. "I'm afraid my tone at that time was not fitting in addressing a person of your rank." Honō had been so overcome with worry at the sight of the man, weak and raging in hungry, that Honō had just... lost all sense of propriety. And to have been a witness to such a display... the Hari clan member had worried that the advisor would be upset that such a time of weakness had a witness at all. "Honō Hokori, of the Hari clan." He greeted, lithe form once more bending to a deep bow of respect for Wanryoku.

A Natural's Touch Hari Clan Black Glass Mentality
Chakra: 130/210
Stamina: 130/210

Other
CanoodlingFlibbertyJibbit

Royal Oatmeal

Royal Burrito
Candies: 000 + 005 [973 words] = 005

Lanfaer

Aspects
Strengths:
• Evironmental Lens:
Is able to accurately estimate the weaknesses and viable exploits in the
surrounding environment. Be it the stabilising pebble at the base of the wall,
or the angle needed to fell a tree where needed.

• Soldering Teammate:
Honō will support his teammates by means of supplying weapons, tripping
up the opponent, or manipulating the environment to his allies' advantage.
Honō will watch his teammate(s) to get familiar with their tells, thus
becoming more and more accurate in reading their intentions.

• Sleek Steps:
Due to his training in the Hari clan, Honō has no difficulty traversing slippery
surfaces, even over uneven terrain.

• Latticino Hands
Honō's work has gained him steady hands and the ability to perform minute,
detailed work. Finicky work, such as the setting up even the most intricate
traps, holds less trouble for him.

Weaknesses:
• Cracks:
Honō was never trained for proper combat, and as such has a tendency to
flee instead of fight, especially when out numbered. When hit with an attack,
his urge to flee only increases.

• Jewelled:
Honō's choice in clothing marks him out from other shinobi; restricting his
movements slightly and hindering most chances at stealth.

• Fragility:
Trained in his work instead of his responsibilities as a shinobi, Honō lacks
the strength most individuals garner from their everyday training.

Fears:
• Broken Shards:
Knowing he isn't the most skilled shinobi in the village, Honō fears his
teammates will leave him behind if he fails to meet their expectations.

• Shattered:
Honō was never the strongest, or masculine, individual in Kumo. He fears
this makes him a target of assault; verbal or physical. Whenever he leaves
the workshop he is constantly anxious and alert of his surroundings,
misreading the words and reactions of the people around him to negatively
apply to him.

Class Disciplines :
Legendary Smith
The user is able to gain a 5th title rank from every applicable smithing tree. 'Training' for Legendary takes 10 posts of crafting work, provides an additional 1 post off of crafting times, and gives a Grandmaster NPC (of the same area) for usage. In addition, any item solo crafted (without an npc helper) is non-reproducible by non-Legendary titled smiths.

Balanced Master
Any jutsu learned can be paid for with either chakra, stamina, or a mix of the two. Any further chakra types are also subject to this. Recovery amounts for chakra and stamina are doubled while working, and working counts as relaxing.

Lifetime Disciple
This discipline is for those wishing to gain from a lifetime master, never to be one themselves until their master is deceased. Gaining knowledge from over the course of their studies, the disciple will receive twice the benefits from each of their master's smithing trees (up to their completed titles), while in the living presence of them. After their master's death, they will successfully pass on a permanent, one-quarter of the benefit to their own Lifetime Disciple, if any. (round up to the nearest applicable number, as designated in the smithing thread)

Reductions:
• N/A

Personal Attributes:
• A Natural's Touch:
After long study and a certain knack at birth, Honō has what many people call a "natural talent" for creation of glass objects. Because of this, every third creation is exceptionally superb, granting a 50% increase to profits made from that item.

• Black Glass Mentality:
Honō's years of training with Katon [ Fire ] jutsu and glassmaking and mainpulation jutsu has helped him learn a deeper understanding of volcanic glass. As such, his experiments with enchanting any volcanic glass with Gellal has been cut by half.

• Uncanny Aim:
Preferring to create and maintain distance between himself and the enemy, Honō has spent a considerable amount of time crafting range weapons, especially throwing weapons. From this he finds himself creating double the expected number every second attempt without the extra cost of material or time.

Tenshuyami generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:20 am
User Image
.xanother night i sink into my lonely bed xxxx to shut out every sound. xxxx as i scream inside my head xxxx these are the scars that have brought me where i am today
ANOTHER FALSE CONCEPTION THAT::I FED MYSELF TO ESCAPE REALITY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
the only lie i see is now - INSIDE OF MY HEADxxxx◈◈xxxxthe only truth slips through - MY FINGERTIPS IN THE END

Pretty idiotic of me. Spent too much time utilizing Tetsu no Ryu techniques, I should've incorporated more variety. Perhaps a jutsu in there somewhere, or a...wait. Those thoughts worked through his mind as he watched the sparks cross Kaileer's being once more. The moment he rushed forwards, Soraru knew something bad was going to happen. Nobody launches themselves into an attack like that. But before he could divert his path or put up a different defense, it happened. His muscles clenched tightly, painfully, making the boy briefly go rigid. It was all the time that Kaileer would really need. Although he had the option to waste his chakra reserves in a form manipulation structure that could cover his back and restrain his opponent, he knew that he'd need to hold onto his energy. Neither of them were allowed to enter the state of control in their duel, and his future plans were going to need his chakra.

Feeling the strike land quite softly along his back, Soraru, drew back his blade whilst moving back in a twirl that was opposite of the way he was already turning, to make sure he didn't even accidentally hit Kaileer back. Following the twirl was a quick backstep to put even more distance in between them. "Not bad at all, Kaileer. A quick, effective supporting move like that is the same kind of thing I'm trying to include in my own arsenal. The bigger, flashy Ninjutsu are all just real wastes if you ask me." He told the Raikage, a small smile on his lips, despite his somewhat quickened breathing. Years of conditioning made sure that he wouldn't be a panting mess after a bout like that. Waiting for his opponent to collect himself, the young Samurai drew something from the side pocket of his jacket. A scroll, blank on the exterior with no decorations or markings, except for the red thread which held it together. Keeping the thread in place was a maple seed.

This is probably a really stupid idea.

He tore away the maple seed, and opened up the scroll to reveal its contents. The first words were written in red ink that looked suspiciously like blood. "Meiyo no Shi." Soraru didn't need to look twice to know what those words meant, but the resolve he held for his own path allowed him to look further down, and spread the scroll apart some more.

But this is the perfect example, isn't it?

The scroll was filled with some small amount of inconsistencies. The handwriting appeared to be different as it went on from section to section. Then there was the smear of the "ink" at the header of each section, and the differences it held from the normal black ink that lied beneath it. It was definitely blood. Battoujutsu. That was an old name for what had been revised to Iaijutsu in Tetsu no Ryu. Granted in the past, it was fairly more quick and ruthless. Stranger than that, it appeared that each move in the style continued off of one another. A quick skimming of the sections let him know that it was numbered. Ichi, Nii, San, Shi, Go, Roku. 6 for 6 stages? No...they intermingled a bit, it seemed.

If I don't keep an edge, and ace, something I have that the others know nothing about, I won't be prepared if they come for me.

Turning to Kaileer, he put the scroll back into his jacket pocket. "Hey, can you give me a sec? I'll be right back, I just need to grab something." He told him, moving before he could really receive an answer. The Raikage had been pretty okay with everything so far, so he doubted there would really be any objections. His path took him towards both Wanryoku and Hono, but he decided not to interrupt their conversation. Nor did he try to do so with Axel. He heard the boys raised voice from where he was fighting, but was too concentrated on other things to really make out what he was saying properly. In the moment that he disappeared into the dojo, he made his way back to the place where the bokken were held. It was a little hard to find, but in the end, there was a spare wooden scabbard around for a katana style bokken.

I could still turn back, I don't have to do this.

Making his way back outside, he made sure to try and keep his eyes from making contact with anyone else. It was a matter of both not wanting to be intrusive and not desiring to be held up in his fight. Once he was back over to Kaileer, he returned where he once was, sheathing his bokken in its respective scabbard and fitting it onto the lavender colored obi he kept around his waist. It remained at his left side, and Soraru kept his left hand on top of the hilt, right hand by his side. The boys style was much more relaxed...and even saying that was an understatement when compared to the defensive stance he once took on. There was something obviously different about him, even if it seemed like all he did was grab a scabbard. He was undeniably, and indisputably confident. It emanated from him. "Ready to start back up, Kaileer?"

I could turn back, but I've never been more excited to fight how I actually want to.

.xChakra/Stamina: 435/480 - 265/315 xxxx Rank: Genin (C). xxxx Class: Bukijutsu/Performer xxxx Technique Used:
Formless Block - E
Formless Cut - B
Formless Cut - C

Royal Burrito

Tenshuyami

Obsessive Hunter

Jenni Deer generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:40 am
User Image
x|| ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •• ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ||

xxx❝ Come and save me,
I'm losing my
mind
Waiting and waiting...

|| ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •• ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ||x

The medic nin watched him as he clenched his fist and his body quivered with rage. Yet, she stay calm. She wanted to try to help by being able to stay calm no matter what even though some people couldn't do that. In fact, Hakanai used to be one of them, unable to stay calm and composed, to keep herself in check, that was for sure. She was hoping if she stay calm, he might be able to or he could even get more furious, Hakanai couldn't tell. But one thing was for sure, that she really wanted to help him. In the end, she cannot help him if he was not wanting help or even willing to change... so what would the red haired chuunin do? The calm cool blues were facing the cold fiery steel. He even started to talk but Hakanai had no idea what he was saying but she made no motion to stop him. He needed to vent and say what was on his mind. She wasn't going to let the fact that she was deaf impair his want and desire to vent. There was one problem though. She needed to make sure Shu was okay. He was the one that was going to hear everything he say. And she glanced over towards Shu for a moment and sure enough, his ears were flattened against the base of skull and he did not seem pleased. At all. Hakanai's arm extended slightly by her side as she waved her hand up and down, very slight movement but Shu had caught it and started to behave. His ears went from flat into the mane and stood upright. She wanted Axel to say what he wanted to say. It would be wrong to stop him now when he obviously needed to say his piece and vent for a bit. She was a medic, while she does good with physical healing, she had been working on emotional and mental healing of others, but that had been a challenge for her because it wasn't others that needed it, she does too. Once he was done she could tell when he paused for a moment and then placed his hand on his forehead and push his head back. His eyelids closed and Hakanai assumed that he was trying to compose himself, to keep himself calm. His hand extended for the notebook and Hakanai paused for a moment. Should she or should she let him vent some more? She knew that it would anger him further if she didn't give it to him. With a soft nod, she handed over the notebook and noticed he didn't start to write right away. Her arms were at her side to show no aggression as she waited. Then he started to write, but seemed to pause and scribble out words as her eyebrow rose in response to him scribbling the words out. He started to write as she waited. Shu wanted to say something, bad but he wanted to wait until Hakanai started to write.

Once he was done and handed over the notebook, she gently take it from his hands and started to read. Shu started to speak, "A boss says 'Go', a leader says 'let's go.' Also, great leaders don't tell others what to do, they also guide their team through." Was all he said. He sat down onto the ground and lean froward as his chest also touched the ground. For the time being, he rested onto the ground and let them figure things out. Shu rested his head onto his paws and sniffed. What's this? More candy? Seriously, where the hell were they coming from? Hakanai started to write. "So if it was me instead and I died, move on. We cannot dwell on the past. How can we live in the present and the future, how can we grow if we cling to mistakes in the past? The best we can do was to learn from it and move on. Continue to cling like this, you will not be happy nor healthy. You may not even grow much. I'm not saying forgive and forget, I'm saying for you to learn. Shu is okay. He's fine. We are okay. We are still alive, we will be able to keep fighting. Sorry, but I refuse to rest until you do so. You need rest too, a leader needs more rest than his comrades, he's the one with the burden on the shoulders and you act like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Well guess what, start sharing them. A team helps the leader's weights. Also, I"m a tamer and I focus on my bloodline so in a way, I guess I am good with ninjutsu as well." Once she was done writing, she handed over the notebook and waited for his response. She felt the nudge of Shu's nose on her leg as she glanced down and blinked in surprise at the pile of candy Shu found. Huh. She squatted down and placed them into her pockets.

Hakanai Yuki ❅ Kumogakure ❅ Chuunin
❅ Tamer ❅ Medical❅ Hyōton Clan
❅ Chakra: 325/410 ❅ Stamina: 270/270

Shukenja ❅ Kumogakure ❅ Chuunin x
Snow Leopard ❅ Lion ❅ Hybrid x
❅ Chakra: 410/410 ❅ Stamina: 270/270 x

|| ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •• ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ||

OoC: Total of candies found: 20

Current Attire: Same as the one in the pic
Headband Location: Around her left bicep

Action:

Rexnov

Lanfaer generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:45 pm
User Image┎┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
ω α η r y σ к υנ ι η ɢ ιн σ r σ в σ s υ
тнє נυɢɢєrηαυт σғ rυιη
α ɢ є :: 1 6ɢ є η ∂ є r :: ♂J o u n i nк υ м σ ɢ α к υ r є
вυкιנυтsυтαιנυтsυ
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┚

-----{ A } soft, mirthful chuckle rumbled up from deep within the giant jounin as he watched his younger colleague stumble over the niceties and proper decorum of speaking with an adviser. This amused him on several levels for until he was named to his rank Wanryoku had no idea there was an adviser to begin with, let alone how to properly speak to one. The only respect required had always been to a superior officer in his homeland, and there it was to do as told no matter what one felt about the matter. Didn't want to go charging into a pit of vipers? Do it or you'll be skinned alive. Oh, arm wrestling a snow worm is impossible? Best learn had to piss properly without genitals. It was a simple matter of doing as told, and always meeting the eyes of a superior so they could see if you intended deception. Compared to here, it was more forthright and honest, though far more cruel and unfair. A laugh, indeed, though one at his own expense.
              -----Squeezing the boy's returned grip gently, a small amount of amusement ringing through him at the sight of both hands needed for just one of his, Wanryoku shook his head lightly. "Please, call me Wanryoku, or Wan," his booming voice rumbled, though strangely it wasn't as harsh as one would expect. It was calm, careful, and somehow...musical. "I not care too much for bowing. Salute instead!" Feet apart, the giant released the grappled hands in his grip and instead closed his right hand into a fist and brought it to his left shoulder. Simple, but the look was quite...militaristic. Something that spoke of resolve and determination! Lowered his fist, the giant continued to speak in his soft tone, clearly speaking to someone he viewed with respect from his use of honorifics. "You help save me. I owe you, and I care not for tone. When saving lives prettiness matter nothing. Only that I live in end matters." A smile full of teeth, a genuine smile from a man with silver hair and eyes to match.
              -----Before he could continue, however, the voice of his Shuhan spoke from behind him, from the field of battle. Turning his head slightly to see the lightly sweating young warrior, Wanryoku nodded with a small smile. "Good. Feeling better, I see. You fight well with Soraru, from looks on faces around." He meant, of course, the onlookers who seemed to have found themselves too fascinated to look away from the fight, though few were in attendance thanks to the secrecy he had seemingly returned under. Still, it only took a matter of looking around for a few brief moments to see the familiar faces of those around, including the Raikage's own lover, Hakanai. Eyebrows rising slightly in meaning, the space between them tightening in mild worry, Wanryoku continued. "After spar we need to talk. I need to train, so I be around." There was much to discuss, including the questioning of the head slumbering at his side. There was much that was needed to be done, but for now, there was time. At least until the first squad returned.
              -----Looking back to Hono, Wanryoku gave the younger boy a meaningful look. There was something they needed to talk about, too, more than simply thanking the boy for his aid in keeping the adviser this side of the Winter Depths. From what he could tell this boy had an issue, something eating at him that made his eyes difficult to meet. It was more than just a strict rearing, that much was certain, but what was it? Such an expression and body language rang familiar to the foreign warrior, who knew well what it was like to be different even among shinobi, and for a moment he suspected he had an idea of what ailed him. If he was correct, though, there was even more to talk about than expected.
              -----Inhaling softly, he slowly sunk to his knees and back onto his posterior, a muffled fuump! releasing a minor cloud of dust upon impact. From his position Wan could keep an eye on just about everyone, though his eyes were for the genin, Hono, and his Raikage, for they had much to discuss in one way or another.
              -----

►►O → O → C ◄◄

Wonder Quiver of Holding → 8.25 // 15
→ 1 Greataxe, Earth Element ► Knockback upon strike [1]
→ 1 Guisarme, Lightning Elemental Damage ► Electrocutes when struck [1]
→ Chakra Steel Bladed Knuckle [.25]
→ 3 Chouve-Souris Spears [3]
→ 3 Guisarme Spears [3]
→ Sacred Treasure Pot
→ Isamu, his uncle

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

両 1 , 1 0 0 :: r y σ
2 9, 7 9 5 :: α c

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 5 5 0 // 6 5 0
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 2 6 5 // 8 2 5
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
BlackFruity generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:16 pm
User Image
Honō Hokori

So it was witnessed...
                                Honō felt his muscles relax at hearing such low, whimsical laugh leave the giant hulk of the man before him. The silver haired Genin hadn't even realised how tightly knotted his joints had become from the strain of his anxiety-touched muscles. Still, despite the warm reception Honō was receiving, he couldn't forget the booming anger the advisor had projected across them all at this morning's addressal. No matter how widely Wanryoku would smile, nor the gentle waves of his laugh, there would also be that single, ever-remaining tendril of fear that Honō may cause dissapoinment - and not just in advisor, or his family, or the clan. For every stranger that he speaks to, for every flower he has every tread upon, even for the tiny ants he has unwittingly murdered in his years of traversing the paved streets of Kumogakure - even the very glass he has melted and shaped, willed into existance. He treated it all with a gentleness born from a mixture of emotions he tried not to untangle, less the mess cause others harm or inconvenience. Bright, green eyes blinked, staring up at Wanryoku. Did his laugh... turn? How could Honō word it... The laugh had been soft, recepting. Until it neared the end. At that, it... words, words - it felt like Wanryoku was in some form of - tsk. Honō could not form the thought correctly, for the emotions held in the laugh were tangled - not a single, clear strand of feeling as it had originally been.

Honō jumped slightly, his mind jumping to the feel of Wanryoku's large palm easily engulfing both of the Genin's own with a gentle motion. For all of the advisor's large, intimidating bulk, Honō could see a gentle, accepting heart. As if sensing Honō's skittish nature, the man spoke with a softer bellow, low and rumbling like distant thunder. It was comforting, the violent rage of a storm instead acting as a protective cover. And, looking at the man, recalling how he was when he canonballed through the kitchen wall, it was easy to see the man as such. Despite the ravonous hunger the Genin had witnessed resulting in their dining room table having chunks bitten out of it. Poor man...

"W-Wanryoku..." Honō stumbled over the name. The thought of calling such a high-ranking member of the village with a such a casual, familiar air was enough to bring a light sprinkle of pink on his cheeks. It just didn't feel comfortable, amongst the training and expectations a person of his rank amongst the Hari was meant to follow - but to refuse a request from someone so influential was an absolutele 'not-to-do' thing! So Honō had swallowed and spoken the advisor's name in full, daring not to call him by an even less formal way by shortening it when the option not to was presented. The embarrassment and uncertainty caused by this new development led Honō to pull his arms back to his chest, his right hand reaching to gently brush his knuckles to pale lips. But, yet again, the advisor had him startling again, green eyes unblinking as he took in the salute exampled to him. A salute..! Had he missed something in the proper manners to great a man of the advisor's standing?! Even such a personal preference of greeting - surely it would be common knowledge enough so individuals - oh, it was too late now; Honō had performed a faux pas his clan would be ashamed of him for...

"I'm so sorry...!" Honō gasped. Out of reflex, the Genin moved to bow again, pausing at an awkward stance before immediately pulling his spine ram-rod straight, shoulders back, arms at his side. It was obvious that this was not his first time snapping into this position. The movement of a hand to his right shoulder, however, was new. "I will greet you appropriately from here on, ah- Wanryoku." Again, Honō stumbled upon the advisor's request of addressal. Ohhhh, this man was taking years off of Honō's life, if the stress and strain of his panicked heart beat was any indication. The Genin still knew - could still see - that Wanryoku was not beratting Honō for his mistake, nor was there any hint of dissaproval. But Honō could not fight the reflexes and ettiquete nailed into him. Yet the man seemed to be constantly breaking the expectations of how to speak to higher-up member of society by shocking the Genin with his words... Truly, there were years flying off of him.

"N-no, please!" Honō gasped - how does one politely decline the Raikage's advisor!? "You owe me no such thing - how could I ever take a debt for doing a-a duty for the village? Oh, not to.... say you were a task - oh, I'm..." making such a mess of this... "sorry. I've jumbled my words." Honō went to bow, stumbled, and made a salute instead. Was this right? Or was the salute only for greetings? But he said he disliked the bow... "As a civilian of Kumogakure," Honō spoke, posture near perfect, heart thumping hard enough for his chest to visably shudder. "it is an honour to serve in any manner deemed necessary." The clear, crisp words ended with a small swallow, nerves wrecking him from the inside. For all the pressure and strain, his anxiety-induced awareness did not let up - he noticed the spar match had halted and the Raikage's attention was turned their way - oh! Was Honō meant to bow? But wouldn't that insult Wanryoku - would his heart give out? As soon as Wanryoku turned his attention away from Honō, the silver-haired Genin let out a small breath and bowed in greeting to the Raikage. He was going to collapse so quickly into slumber tonight - if not from the training but from this interaction alone.

Ah! Wanryoku had turned his attention back onto Honō! Should he salute?! Bow - no, no bowing, the advisor said as much! Whatever screams that were bouncing around in his head as green eyes caught the giant's features. Wanryoku... it looked like the advisor had something.. serious? To discuss with him? Honō felt like he was being read - as though his chest had suddenly sprung open and Wanryoku was able to start reading the plethora of his being that lay behind the untelling bones of his ribs, barely obscured by the sternum. Honō blinked. So, this is what it was like for her, wasn't it... to feel so exposed, to worry a single beat of his heart's retracting squeeze would reveale some dark tint that lay behind it, and Honō was powerless to disguise it. And he thought he knew what it felt like to be powerless beneath the cutting gaze of the clan's head family. Despite knowing his hands would do nothing to shield him, the apprentice glass-blower lifted his arms to his chest, pale finger twining together in a loose weave just over his heart.

"Wanryoku?" Honō spoke gently. He could feel that there were words meant for him,and he waited patiently for what may come next.

Chakra: 145/210
Stamina: 145/210

Other

Royal Oatmeal

Royal Burrito
Candies: 008 + 005 [1190 words] = 013

Lanfaer

Aspects
Strengths:
• Evironmental Lens:

• Soldering Teammate:

• Sleek Steps:
Due to his training in the Hari clan, Honō has no difficulty traversing slippery

• Latticino Hands

Weaknesses:
• Cracks:

• Jewelled:

• Fragility:

Fears:
• Broken Shards:

• Shattered:
apply to him.

Class Disciplines :
Legendary Smith
The user is able to gain a 5th title rank from every applicable smithing tree. 'Training' for Legendary takes 10 posts of crafting work, provides an additional 1 post off of crafting times, and gives a Grandmaster NPC (of the same area) for usage. In addition, any item solo crafted (without an npc helper) is non-reproducible by non-Legendary titled smiths.

Balanced Master
Any jutsu learned can be paid for with either chakra, stamina, or a mix of the two. Any further chakra types are also subject to this. Recovery amounts for chakra and stamina are doubled while working, and working counts as relaxing.

Lifetime Disciple
This discipline is for those wishing to gain from a lifetime master, never to be one themselves until their master is deceased. Gaining knowledge from over the course of their studies, the disciple will receive twice the benefits from each of their master's smithing trees (up to their completed titles), while in the living presence of them. After their master's death, they will successfully pass on a permanent, one-quarter of the benefit to their own Lifetime Disciple, if any. (round up to the nearest applicable number, as designated in the smithing thread)

Reductions:
• N/A

Personal Attributes:
• A Natural's Touch:
After long study and a certain knack at birth, Honō has what many people call a "natural talent" for creation of glass objects. Because of this, every third creation is exceptionally superb, granting a 50% increase to profits made from that item.

• Black Glass Mentality:
Honō's years of training with Katon [ Fire ] jutsu and glassmaking and mainpulation jutsu has helped him learn a deeper understanding of volcanic glass. As such, his experiments with enchanting any volcanic glass with Gellal has been cut by half.

• Uncanny Aim:
Preferring to create and maintain distance between himself and the enemy, Honō has spent a considerable amount of time crafting range weapons, especially throwing weapons. From this he finds himself creating double the expected number every second attempt without the extra cost of material or time.

Lanfaer generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:28 pm
тнє נυɢɢєrηαυт σғ rυιη
вυкιנυтsυтαιנυтsυ

-----{ D }espite sitting down to allow himself a more even-level view of his companion, Wanryoku found his eye level still slightly above the boy's. Strange, though, that it came so close. Few within the village neared Wanryoku's height by even half, and yet this boy came closer than nearly everyone since the loss of that strange monk-boy he had met not that long ago. Yet such thoughts were only a momentary consideration for it gave him a strong push to not laugh in Hono's face from his antics. At least, not the full bellied laughter he had originally intended to release. What was the boy doing? It took a moment, of course, before it finally clicked: he was a bundle of nerves twitching in fear of doing the wrong thing. How odd to find someone in this village who not only said his full name, but said it was such trepidation within his voice and posture. Someone not used to addressing commanders for certain, as he had suspected earlier, and only now confirmed by his actions.
              -----Sighing gently, the giant patted the ground beside him and closed his eyes, the dull thunder of laughter rumbling within his chest as he leaned back upon his callused palms. "I am not like others, Hono. I not from the Shinobi lands. But you try, and that better than most. I thank you." Hopefully the boy would sit and relax, instead of stand and vibrate like some sort of whizzwasp. Knowing from experience the health problems a high-strung manner can cause made him painfully aware that just by being polite Wan was causing this boy anxiety. Yet...no, he could not allow others to feel standoffish. It wasn't right. Raising one hand and gesturing to Hono with the intent of pointing out something, the adviser continued. "Your words, Hono. 'An honour to serve in any manner deemed necessary!'" Pitched higher to try and mimic the boy's different voice, Wanryoku released a small chuckle. "If genin all had that, we not have problems. That...display earlier. Not needed. You more Shinobi than others already higher rank."
              -----Though the genin likely knew little of some of the higher ups back in the day, he would likely have heard of Myurai, the former ANBU Captain who had supposedly 'vanished' not too long before the incident with the ice beings. A proud man, loyal to the village and to the Raikage, Kinpaku, he had shown his true colors not long after by intimidating Kaileer and attempting to undermine not only his authority, but any and all self esteem the boy had. If any one individual could be said to be at fault for the impressively short temper Kaileer was beginning to gain a reputation for, it would be him. Just the memory of Kaileer's face, the expressions he made at the very mention of the Konin's name, brought a tiny bit of rigidity to his spine, for it was one of the few times Wanryoku could say he feared Kaileer.
              -----Shaking his head free of such thoughts, the giant continued on, though in a more amiable, friendly tone. "Hono, you look at Shinobi in awe. You also look guilty. If you could, can you tell why? What bothers you?" Soft, quiet, something difficult for a man his size, but still something he pulled off exceptionally well. He knew this was going to be something difficult for the boy to speak about, given his fear when talking to Wanryoku himself, and from the insecurity he all but screamed but a few moments ago with his body language.
              -----
              -----

►►O → O → C ◄◄

→ 3 Guisarme Spears [3]
→ Sacred Treasure Pot
→ Isamu, his uncle

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

BlackFruity
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
BlackFruity generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:26 pm
User Image
Honō Hokori

So it was witnessed...
                                Honō blinked, still feeling somewhat calmed by the neccessity of having to look up to meet Wanryoku's eyes. An odd thing, even Honō was aware, but it was comforting. The Genin disliked the act of having to tilt his head down to speak to a person respecfully to their face - it felt too much like he was looking down at the person in their entirety, or that his height was indicative to some, dare he ever say, superiority. It was a horrible thought, to be sure. It was good, to look up. Reminded him to times as a young child, before the ever-extending growth spurt, when he could look up and know that he could put trust in them, and not see the sour tint of the older individual having to look up instead. It was easier, back then, to be a child. At the indication to take a seat beside the advisor, Honō was somewhat glad - a childish nature peeking through that he might once again get to be that child, resting beside a capable adult, the definition between the two of them clear cut and obvious. Slender, scarred fingers gently gathered the flowing material of his coat and sleeves as he carefully descended down into a sitting position next to the Raikage's advisor. Honō was seated on his knees, hands loosely layed in his lap. It was a formal way to sit in a relaxed setting, somewhat practiced and bordering comfortable. It was clear by Wanryoku's posture alone that this was meant to be a relaxed setting, but Honō just didn't have the confidence in himself to follow completely along, to seat himself as he would when interacting with his young cousins.

Watching Wanryoku watch him in return was unnerving, at first. But now, seeing accepting the advisor was being towards the silver-haired Genin, it wasn't so intimidating anymore. If anything... it felt as if there was no point in trying to put up a shield - Wanryoku could see him, all of him. It was a relief. If only because he could find no judgement in return. As Honō settled down onto the compacted dirt he felt his shoulders sag slightly, and even the muscles in his legs seemed to relax - he wasn't even aware of how tightly wound he had become.

Green eyes shifted downward as Wanryoku started thanking Honō, trying to fight back the small smile that was slipping through. He hadn't been as rude as he thought? What relief he was feeling before was a gentle ripple lost under the wave of the same emotion now overcoming him. The movement of one large, impressive hand rising and gesturing caught the Hari clan member's attention once more, green eyes lifting though he felt calm enough to not lift his head to the high, proper angle expected of a formal conversation. Honō blinked; his anxiety was warping Wanryoku's decision to repeat some of the Genin's previous words into a way of saying that the advisor was mocking him, but his eyes and some deeper, instinctual part that so often gave the Genin his moments of insight found no such evidence. The apprentice glass-blower bowed his head, overcome with the compliment - a compliment! - he had just received from the older man. "T-Thank you," Honō choked out. His cheeks were flush now, well and truly. He didn't need to see his reflection as just the heat he could feel was enough to let him know that even his ears were alight. And, again, his heart was pounding, but it wasn't loaded down with worry, but lifted with, maybe, just maybe, some hope he could actually do... this. Be a shinobi.

Honō was so wrapped up in trying to sort and settle down his emotions that, by the time he looked back up to Wanryoku's face, the Genin missed the grief and pain that had briefly flooded over the buly man's features. When he did, it was at the sound Wanryoku finally voicing what he was seeing inside of the Genin. Honō defleated, relief and regret mixing into an emotion he had no name for. Wanryoku could see that, too, of course.

"O-Oh," Honō sighed. "Well..." The glass blower paused, thinking over the question. Was there a simple and straight answer? It eluded him if so. "I guess... it started years ago." Honō tried to keep his voice crisp and clear, as he was taught to do. But, it was hard, to openly speak about a thorn that had been buried so deep into such a tender spot. "At the Academy - I was unable to finish my training. I couldn't perform a jutsu, and I overextended my chakra while trying to do so. It injured my chakra paths, so I had to cease training for some time. The head family of my clan... they decided to withdraw me. I had dissapointed them. I had no talent to become a protector of the Hari ways. Now... I believe that fear is now..." Honō paused, sad, glistening green eyes glancing over to Soraru. The young man had already showed such strength and dedication - not just in his current training, sparring with the Raikage, proving himself to all watching - in helping a village he had barely come to know and finding the courage to follow after suspected culprits of an attack that had done so much destruction to a Hidden Village...

"... I am not a shinobi. And simply wanting to help is not enough. A start. But not enough. I fear my simplistic years will only get my teammates hurt. I am guilty for not having tried harder...? Of not... trying at all...? I..." Honō sighed. He couldn't find the words. The tangle of thoughts and worries hid the thread that started it all. A moment of reprieve, to gather himself back together, unknowingly slumped in posture while he was lost in thought, and Honō was looking back at Wanryoku. "I want to help... it scares me, the thought of, what I would have to do - what I might be needed to do." Green eyes waivered, showing the words to be true. "Would I flee?" He whispered, a small shiver raising goosebumbs along his thin arms. "I worry I am more a risk than reliable." Scarred fingers trailed up his wrists, moving to brush his palms over his forearms, as if to instil warmth.

Chakra: 160/210
Stamina: 160/210

Other

Royal Oatmeal

Royal Burrito
Candies: 014 + 005 [1072 words] = 019

Lanfaer

Aspects
Strengths:
• Evironmental Lens:

• Soldering Teammate:

• Sleek Steps:

• Latticino Hands

Weaknesses:
• Cracks:

• Jewelled:

• Fragility:

Fears:
• Broken Shards:

• Shattered:
apply to him.

Class Disciplines :
Legendary Smith

Balanced Master

Lifetime Disciple

Reductions:
• N/A

Personal Attributes:
• A Natural's Touch:

• Black Glass Mentality:

• Uncanny Aim:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 pm
тнє נυɢɢєrηαυт σғ rυιη
вυкιנυтsυтαιנυтsυ

-----{ E }yes trained upon the younger, and smaller, male was what allowed Wanryoku to see something he'd witnessed only a few times in the genin of the village: humanity. Far too often the Genin he had met here in Kumogakure, and even in Kirigakure, believed themselves miniature, youthful vigilantes. And here, of all times, there was a boy who understand the limitations of what it meant to be human. A shinobi was always that, first and foremost, even if they are built like Wanryoku himself, but shinobi like Axel would rush blindly in to prove themselves, and those like Hakanai would lose themselves into their emotions that left them nothing but liabilities. All in some vain attempt at being the 'hero', or whatever it was that young children looked at shinobi to be. Odd, to find someone from this side of the world who looked at the idea of being a warrior with 'magical' powers and thinking that maybe, just maybe, they couldn't do it. These words brought a small, mirthless grunt of a laugh from the giant's thundering voice, thunder rumbling in the distance. The tone that followed was one of understanding, and...pain. "You are the first, besides Kaileer, who doubts themselves."
              -----Reaching down to his side, Wanryoku pulled forth a hunting blade that in someone like Hono's hand would be a short sword. The hilt was clearly carved by hand, seemingly made of some sort of bone yellowed with age. The blade bore jagged edges on the backside, a boning edge, while the other was razor sharp, curved wickedly at the end to act as a gutter. Stamped in the center of the blade was a bear's paw surrounded in strangely shaped leaves, a twin upon the other side. Gazing at it for a moment longer, he flipped it around and held it by the point before holding it out to Hono to take. The decision had been made, and there was no going back. "Once, long ago, I was born," he whispered, his voice calm, distant, and slow as he sounded out the words properly. It was clearly difficult, but just as clearly worth the effort to him. "A liha, a witch, a medic like Shinobi, said my chakra network was...wrong. More so than my kind. When I came here, I learned: I cannot use Ninjutsu. I cannot use genjutsu. I cannot use Fuinjutsu, or Eisejutsu, or anything but what I can use with a blade. I cannot walk on water, and I cannot walk on trees. You, Hono, can do more than I as a 'traditional' shinobi."
              -----Once Hono took the blade, the giant would sit back upon his hands and consider how to continue, for it brought old memories he had hoped to keep buried a little longer. "You try harder, Hono, and I never see you train. You try harder, and I never see you fight. I know, because your heart is filled with hopes and dreams for village above yourself. But liability?" Here, the jounin snorted derisively to express what he thought of that concept. "We all have purpose, and place, within this village, Hono. It might not be easy, or simple at first. It might not be easy to see, or know. It might hurt to find out. But you can be anything, if you put mind do it." That distant gaze lingered a bit longer in the distance before Wanryoku inhaled slowly, only to release it and, with it, his tensions. A weight left his shoulders, then, something he had not truly considered he'd had until it was already gone.
              -----That same fear of being useless.
              -----It was a fear he had kept with him for so long, knowing that as other shinobi learned to use chakra in ways of producing world-changing abilities, he was stuck with his fists and whatever he could fit within them. Oh, yes, these 'styles' he'd learned helped much, but always he was restricted, and weak, against the two major forces of the shinobi world's arsenal: ninjutsu, and genjutsu. All it took was someone to trap him within water and he would be dead, drowned or beheaded, or a scarlet smile from ear to ear. That fear had eaten at him when facing Nekita before, and moreso when coming face to face with the ANBU in the mountains, from Konohagakure. Had they fought there Wanryoku could have ended a few, sure, but the end result? That was far from being certain in his favor. No, it was more likely he would have added his own life's blood to the slurry on the mountainside.
              -----But now? That fear was...gone. That sensation of being a waste. For even as he informed the young boy by his side of the fact that everyone had a strength, a place in this world, it finally donned on him that, just perhaps, this was his place. Mayhaps his strength was merely a tool, a shield for those who would one day overtake him and rise to greatness. And here, now, he would [hopefully] start that with Hono.

►►O → O → C ◄◄

→ 3 Guisarme Spears [3]
→ Sacred Treasure Pot
→ Isamu, his uncle

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

BlackFruity
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
BlackFruity generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:39 am
User Image
Honō Hokori

So it was witnessed...
                                Honō had lost the strength to look Wanryoku in the eye. The confession had sapped so much emotional energy from the Genin that it left him with shoulders sagged forward, spine bowing and head lowered, causing silver hair to shift and fall over his eyes. Exhausting, but somehow... exonerating. Not unloading his worries, but having someone he felt could look through any the jumble of his uncertainties and help Honō actually... figure himself out. And Honō could see Wan's ability to observe, to cut through the fog of insecurities and locate the tiny thorns Honō had learned not to irritate, dispite their refusal to remove themselves from those tender places. Honō would have let them be, not wanting to burden another - Wanryoku took that burden from him, gave him a safe space to begin the healing, even if it was just acknowledging those pricks still remained embedded. Still... it was so draining. Green eyes blinked, shoulders hitching back a tick at the sound of Wanryoku's sudden grunt. Looking through silver lashes and strands of shortly-cropped hair, Honō tilted his head and brought his clasped hands to his chest - had he mistaken himself!? Wanryoku looked beyond troubled - no... no, no, no - Honō had brought up bad memories, hadn't he? Thin, pale lips parted as if to speak, but the apology died on the tip of his tongue as the advisor suddenly spoke. Honō blinked.

"Raikage Kaileer...?" He whispered, confused for a moment. At first, the Hari clan member had been hooked on another part of the sentance - that he was the first to doubt himself. So he was weak? That proves he has no right to be a shinobi, right? But then, Kaileer is the Raikage, and he also doubts himself? Isn't he the strongest member of Kumogakure? How can someone of such a high rank hold any doubts on themselves? Was it... no. Surely it could not be because of his doubts, could it? Honō still had his hands clasped to his chest, but slowly lifts them to his lips, fine brows folding down into a frown as he battled his thoughts. Raikage Kaileer doubts themselves, but is still so capable as to been named the leader and figurehead of an entire Hidden Village, filled with shinobi and civilians alike. Honō blinked, a thought striking him, as startling as any slap across the face; why would Wanryoku admit such a thing? Wouldn't that be private for the Raikage? Wanryoku did not seem, in any way, to be a man who would reveal anything of such sensitivity. Honō briefly dared a thought of maybe, just maybe, it was revealed for purpose of somehow... encouraging Honō? To compare someone of the Genin's position in Kumogakure to the Raikage, however - Honō had no right, truly...

Green eyes flickered, clasped fingers twitching briefly, at the sight of Wanryoku retrieving a viscious looking blade from his side. What little knowledge Honō had gleamed from his training in woodworking, he could spot the carved edges of a hand-hewn hilt. It didn't, however, look like any wood that Honō had used - bone The word had come unbidden to the Genin's mind. The blade was suddenly even more imposing to look upon... Not that the teeth of the blade nor thesharp hook of it tappered tip weren't already conveying such an air... Honō let out a small, silent hitch of air as the blade was tossed up. The genin's shoulders clicked back a notch in surprise and irrational worry. Honō had everything to fear from the giant of a man, but he also knew that he had nothing to fear as well. When the hilt was presented to Honō, the silver-haired genin looked between the weapon and it owner for a brief moment of confusion, not at all expecting the man to ever have to present the blade to someone like Honō.

"Oh...!" He gasped softly. Both hands reached out for the hilt, green eyes flickering up in worry that he had read the situation wrong. He paused, allowing the long, flowing material of his translucent sleeves to fall down and over his hands. When the worn surface of the bone handle brushed the callouses on the pads of Honō's fingers, through the material of his sleeves, again Honō looked up to double check that it was okay before his fingers would slide underneath, his palms facing upright - a very respectful manner to recieve an offered item. The weight was both expected and a surprise, not used to handling such a heavy weapon. The blades and handles crafted in Honō's family's workshop were often of a smaller, lighter standing. From the moment Honō had worked out Wanryoku had offered the blade, all Honō could think of was Soraru's earlier words - that the young male would attack anyone who touched his blade without permission. It was a sentiment Honō was vaguely aware of - something... about a warrior and their weapon being very... it was something personal. Yes, that sounded right. Personal. And this thought very clearly reflected in how Honō made the effort not to leave any marks by touching the handle and blade with the material of his sleeves acting as a barrier between the weapon and the natural oil and filth of the Genin's hands.

Honō did not need his skill in reading people to see this blade had a space in Wanryoku's life. The older male had handled it with such reverence and looked upon it was memories obviously filling his mind's eye, how could Honō not treat the weapon with equal levels of respect? He kept the blade horizontal, resting across the flat palms of both hands. Looking down, Honō's green gaze skimmed over the unfamiliar brand - a paw of a great beast, and - such beautiful leaves... Honō couldn't recognise either the animal or plant represented in the mark. At the sound of Wanryoku speaking once more, Honō looked up to see the man had relaxed his posture again, leaning back on his hands and gaze clouded with thoughts he... Honō could only feel it out and word it as 'difficult.' Had Honō made this kind man go through those difficult memories? The Genin's eyes creased at the corners, saddened at what he has made the advisor go through, but respecting the man to have made the choice. Honō would never dare believe himself knowing better...! Such a thought...

Honō sat, listening quietly, barely shifting as more and more of Wanryoku was revealed - not just his past, but a tender portion of himself. But soon, when Wanryoku began speaking of Honō, the green eyes misted, tears threatening to properly form, summoned by the sudden support washing over him. But it was only in the quiet of Wanryoku's finished words did something finally become understood. Honō looked down to the blade - truly, a precious extension of the man before him, and yet he had allowed Honō the honour of holding it. The Hari clan member suddenly felt like he was holding something as precious as the man's very heart. Wanryoku trusted the Genin with it...! Without even knowing it, Honō had held the blade - just as delicately, just as respectfully - closer to his own heart, and was gazing down at the blade with a small, overwhelmed smile - Honō gasped, his spine going ramrod straight. On the blade a single drop of water had suddenly appeared and Honō was stricken that he was the cause. A single tear - the only tear to have escaped - had fallen right on the blade...!

"I am so sorry...!" He gasped, bowing deeply, presenting the blade back to Wanryoku, never daring to do something as intimate as clean the advisor's blade. Wording...! Whatever revelations, including the calming of his own inner turmoils, were lost under this turn of events.

Chakra: 175/210
Stamina: 175/210

Other

Royal Oatmeal

Royal Burrito
Candies: 021 + 005 [1,316 words] = 026

Lanfaer

Aspects
Strengths:
• Evironmental Lens:

• Soldering Teammate:

• Sleek Steps:

• Latticino Hands

Weaknesses:
• Cracks:

• Jewelled:

• Fragility:

Fears:
• Broken Shards:

• Shattered:
apply to him.

Class Disciplines :
Legendary Smith

Balanced Master

Lifetime Disciple

Reductions:
• N/A

Personal Attributes:
• A Natural's Touch:

• Black Glass Mentality:

• Uncanny Aim:

Royal Taorito generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:14 pm
User Image
E I G H T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R

K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered, surrounded by the world. And yet you're smiling bright, completely blind to life.

R A I K A G E B U K I J U T S U - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

I'm breakable, unbreakable. I'm shaking yet unshakable.

[x] My attack was successful, finishing off the first round of our spar in my favor. Though, I couldn't help wondering, for a brief moment, if the move I'd made was fair. Then again, our rules stated to only use techniques I knew he was capable of handling, and the Lightning Transfermation sacrificed almost all damage for speed. It'd given my the upper hand in the past, and I was sure it would in the future as well. Besides that, I'd sacrificed my trump card on our first round, meaning from here on out getting within striking range was going to be more difficult. Plus, now he knew what to expect.

A small grin lit my lips at his mention of 'flashy Ninjutsu'. Those existed as well, but more for intimidation, in my opinion. Except for the technique I had in mind to create that I intended on being my signature. But that was besides the point. There was no sense in wasting energy with attacks in general. Small, fast hits were both less likely to kill--which was fine by me--and force the opponent to wear down faster than myself. Unfortunately, in the case with Soraru, he fought incredibly similar to me. That also made it strangely exciting because it became a matter of waiting until the other tripped up rather than wearing them down. If we were looking for the latter, there was no doubt that my endurance would hold out much longer than his.

After opening a scroll and examining it briefly, he asked for a moment to grab something, taking off before I could respond. Not that I had any problems with it; I got a moment to relax and find out what Wan wanted.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, the giant responded to me, confirming whether or not he'd even heard me in the first place. He noted I was feeling better--that was still up to debate but at least I wasn't fuming, I supposed, as I had been upon leaving Kumo. And he noted that I fought well with Soraru. Which I guessed was true. Holding back was difficult. A lot of my focus went into curbing my blows and limiting my speed so that he could keep up. Were it not for the handicap, which I was fine with, I had faith enough in my ability to assume this would have been finished much sooner. Or at least I hoped. I'd definitely underestimated the kid, and I felt guilty for that.

I took the break to observe the interaction between Wan and the genin Hono, the second acting in his usual, nervous way. For the time being, I hung back, giving them room to talk rather than rudely interrupting; after all, I was in no real hurry while I waited for Soraru to return. They spoke of the qualities the Hari clan member had compared to most of the shinobi of the village, and that the boy showed more respect than even the higher ranks of Kumogakure. Then Hono confessed some of his past to Wan; he was forced to withdraw from the academy after damaging his chakra network, and felt he was not capable of anything useful. Although perhaps in not the same ways, I could understand why he felt that way; myself, how many times had I watched this village burn and been unable to protect it?

My sparring partner returned, asking if I was ready to continue. I was about to call a 'yes', but I heard my name mentioned, Wan's heavy voice carrying far enough for me to hear easily. I doubted myself just like this kid did. My gaze immediately averted to my surroundings, searching for a sign that anyone else heard. While he wasn't wrong, it was something I didn't exactly appreciate announcing to the world. Wan told a bit of his own He was incapable of using chakra at all, something I wasn't actually aware of; I'd known he didn't use it, but not that he couldn't.

Turning back to Soraru briefly, I held up a finger, signaling for him to wait. "Give me a few, actually. You can do some training if you like, or just relax." I gave him a distracted grin and made my way over to Wan and Hono. The giant wanted to speak to me about something, and I wanted to quell any curiosities if there were indeed any. He seemed to have diverted the subject, though, by presenting some sort of blade to Hono, which brought the boy to tears. Shoving my free hand in my pocket, I settled the bokken on my shoulder and waited for them to finish their touching moment so that I could talk with my adviser. At the very least, I needed to hear from him what was going on regarding this barbarian business that I'd returned to.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
☁ Spar with Soraru
☁ Talk to Wan

Items of Note:
☁ Wooden Bokken [right hand]
☁ Elemental Uchigatana [Raiton] [set aside]
☁ UHV Shield [set aside]

Royal Oatmeal

Lanfaer

BlackFruity

I don't want to hurt you, it's not my nature. A monster born from dusk to dawn can't be your savior.

┃☁ a c | 62250
┃☁ r y o | 24600
┃☁ c h a k r a | 1325 / 1330 (+15)
┃☁ s t a m i n a | 1030 / 1105 (+15)
┃☁ t r a n c e | 25 / 25
┃☁ m o o d | focused
┃☁ h e a l t h | tired
┃☁ i n j u r i e s | none

Artwork and character © Taorito  

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:11 pm
тнє נυɢɢєrηαυт σғ rυιη
вυкιנυтsυтαιנυтsυ

-----{ W }ithout truly looking at him, Wanryoku watched Hono's reactions to better understand the boy's feelings. It was clear that his earlier suppositions had been correct, with the boy understanding well the history of the blade without truly knowing the content of it. The reverence he betrayed in his smallest actions, from the covering of his hands to the light caress of his fingertips upon the blade, it was clear that he believed it to be of great importance to Wanryoku. He wouldn't be wrong, either. That blade held memories and importance that none alive knew, after his mother died, and on some level that was a good thing. Yet...the meaning...
              -----A sigh escaped Wanryoku's lips at the thought, just before Hono jerked back in fright or shock. Eyes widening, it was clear that to him, at least, he had committed a grave sin. The hastily held out blade brought the giant's head around to meet the eyes of his companion, and despite the redness and the tears it was clear he was frightened that Wanryoku would react badly. Should be? The question came unbidden to his mind as the memories of the blade came to him despite his attempt to hide them, but...he could not run forever. The revelations from before, from the fight with his uncle, came together in his mind to teach him a lesson, and remind him of the previous ones. Lifting a great hand, Wanryoku reached for the blade with slow, thoughtful movements, his fingertips hovering over the hilt where Hono's hand cradled it. Should I? Another question, a different answer than before, perhaps, though the turmoil roiled within him. Yet it stilled a moment later at those same memories, at the lessons, and so he rotated his body with his hips and extended his other hand, too, to take Hono's hands and fold them, gently but firmly, over the blade he offered up.
              ----- Raising dark grey eyes to meet the moist, emerald pools that were Hono's, Wanryoku slowly smiled with assurance, and with a posture of acceptance. Relief, perhaps, could be read in his expression as the steel bar of his spine relaxed, completely, at last. "This blade was a gift from my mother, the last piece I have of her on this world," he explained, his tone clear, and filled with a small bit of sorrowful cheer. "She gave it to me the day I slew my first...buck..." The word stumbled from his lips, consternation at the lack of translation from his language to Japanese creasing the skin between his eyes for a moment before it, too, faded. "I wept that day for the life I was forced to take. I was only five, but my brothers had slew several more by that time. I hated what I had to do, to take life, to harm others for my tribe. And so she gave me this, a knife passed down from my great grandfather on her side, a man known for his benevolence." Removing his right hand from Hono's left, the jounin shifted his hand over and tapped one digit upon the symbol etched within the blade. "He was a man of honor, who only fought when needed. He fought not as barbarian, or huntsman, but as a brother to the world. When others fought with anger and fists, he fought with word and judgment. When huntings were needed, he wept for the sacrifice the dead offered so that others might live."
              -----A chuckle escaped despite his attempts to stifle it, though upon further review Wanryoku felt it fit. "She told me that sometimes, we are not what others expect of us, and that being different? It can be an honor. Do not judge yourself harshly, Hono, for I know you will do great." Sitting back once more, the giant gestured to the knife without taking his eyes from Hono's. "I want you to have this. I see you can understand what I mean, and I know you see its truth. Take it, and always remember this talk. If you ever need an ear, or assistance, I would be honored if you came to me." And with that, he offered his hand once more, a hand to be shaken as a smile burned forth from his expression that reached to his eyes. "If you do me the honor of being my friend?" The last part, he spoke with his accent, allowing himself to return to his normal method of speaking, as a sign that if Hono were to accept his offer of friendship it would be as himself, not something he could only pretend to be. Anything else, anything less, would be an insult to everything that had transpired between the two.
              -----In his heart, Wanryoku hoped the child would accept the blade, for it signified something of large importance to him: the acceptance, at long last, of who he had been, who he was, and how they, combined, were who he would become. There was no changing the past, only moving towards the future, and that required him to pass the torch, as it were, to whom he viewed in a strange way as his successor.
              -----

►►O → O → C ◄◄

→ 3 Guisarme Spears [3]
→ Sacred Treasure Pot
→ Isamu, his uncle

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

BlackFruity
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

☁ [ Hidden Cloud Village } Kumogakure (UHV'd, closed)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 348 349 350 351 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games