Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 8, 8 Total: 24 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:04 pm
[I Don't Share My Crabs: 11, 18]  
Psychofish rolled 8 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 4, 7, 9, 8, 2, 1 Total: 48 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:06 pm
[8k3 Damage: 32]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:07 pm
[No Touch My Crab: 15]  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:26 pm
"What *SLASH!!*

It was not enough of a wound to kill the bandit outright, but the massive gash across his chest caused blood to spray out all over Kagae like a guyser. The man would slump backwards, no longer conscious, dropping his weapon.

"Tch. Now why'd your friend have to go and do something like that for?" the bald man that had been standing behind Stealth 11 Hisashi for some time. Bringing the blade of his ono around, he pressed it lightly against the Mantis's jawline. "Better reel in your friend there, partner." 12 deceit (intimidate), with a free raise for having a greataxe against the archer's neck for a total of 17.

"What the hell was that?!" a voice would call out from one direction.

"Shiiit, we being attacked? 'Bout time!"

"What was that?! Takashi?! Takashi?!" a woman's voice would call out from much closer.

"Your friend needs to be a little more subtle on his ambushes, I think," the man behind Hisashi would say, somewhat thoughtfully.

--------------------

@ Miyako, Zanzen, Kojiro:

Give me TN 25 Raw Perception checks this time, guys! If you make it, you hear this going on.

Iwao's roll: 31.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:42 pm
Raw Perception Roll for funsies. No explosions.

Results: 2  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:00 pm
Raw Perception: 2k2 (1k1 if I still got that penalty)

Zanzen didn't speak, merely bowing his head slightly in acknowledgment to the man's introduction.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:02 pm
@ Perception check vs TN 15:

Kojiro, if/when you enter the headman's hut, you hear what sounds like muffled groans and some movement from another room!  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 8, 9, 2, 1, 2, 3 Total: 41 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:47 pm
@The Headman's Hut

The Scorpion inclined his head towards the groans he heard. "Who is that, Cousin? Perhaps that is someone that Shosuro-san should take care of?" Kojiro would cautiously place himself between Tengu-san and Miya-chan. "You know the talents of the Shosuro family, aye?" He intended to phrase the question in that way to evoke a reaction from Tengu-san. If that person was valuable to Tengu-san, he'd try to direct them elsewhere. If not, then Miyako would see who it was and then they could go from there.

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier (Manipulation) 5k3 w/ 3 additional to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 raise to make it sound like the appropriate Scorpion thing to do.
Results: 25  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 10, 9, 4, 7, 8, 8 Total: 54 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:51 pm
OOC:
Before I forget

Awareness/Investigation roll to discern Iwao's reaction to Kojiro's suggestion. (5k3 +3 dice to handle explosions)
One raise called to look past the surface emotions.
Results: 33  
Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 9, 3, 4, 6, 2, 10, 10 Total: 57 (9-90)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:49 pm
"I think we need to figure out a course of action." her words were simple and plain. She looked over at Iwao, she wasn't quite willing to give his game up just yet. "Bayushi-san tells me there is this ronin bandit named Kuemon that has been terrorizing the area with a group of heavily armed individuals." If he was lying, she'd be the first to slit his throat.

"While it might not be directly intertwined, the incident which we are investigating is near here and these bandits have been around for a bit. Bayushi san is the only one to defend them."

But as Kojiro spoke, Miyako looked again at Iwao, frowning, but sliding her hand to her tanto. "I would so hate to find things are intertwined, would you not, Bayushi-san..." Most distinctly commented towards Iwao even as she moved towards the room, herself trusting Kojiro as they had more of a history.

[7k4 for lying about Iwao's identity for the moment.=53 ]  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Tei Kae rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-20)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:50 pm
{For extra explodey goodness]  
Tei Kae rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 2, 1 Total: 13 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:15 pm
[Perception check I forgot}  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Miyako, Kojiro, Zanzen:

Upon being asked that question, Iwao would nod his head towards the back room. "Oh, uh... well, as it were..." Craning his head to one side, he seemed to be listening for something. "Looks like your friends are busying the bandits, so I can speak frankly while they're not snooping around. It's a Kaiu magistrate from Kuda Mura. Rather than kill her when she came snooping around, I took her prisoner. Long story, and I don't think we have the time for long stories anymore."

Kojiro, you get the sense that he seemed uncertain how to answer the question of the Shosuro, but he legitimately seems more concerned about more pressing matters. One of those saved-by-the-bell things.

"It is unlikely your reasons for being here are linked to my own, but our destinies are now intertwined, sister. It seems the rest of your party has engaged Kuemon's troops. From my scoutings over the past weeks, I count their number at ten. Are your companions' numbers plenty enough to engage such a force? If not, we may have to consider them lost." 25 on etiquette to soften the blow that their fellow wardens are probably getting slaughtered as they speak.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:20 pm
Hearing the shouts of other bandits begin, Denbe makes an important realization-

He probably should have done that WITHOUT the battlecry.

"Kaiu-san, can you stand?"

Bending over quickly to cut the Crab's bonds with his sword, he glances around nervously, sure he's likely to see bandits coming any moment (and preparing to drop into a full defensive stance at the first site of one drawing a bow or charging into combat) he tries to help the Crab to his feet, hoping the Mantis will be down quickly to help him recover their companion.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 2, 8, 3, 3 Total: 24 (6-60)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:24 pm
The archer would not enjoy the revelation of a blade at his neck. "DENBE! HOLD!" he would shout loudly to get his partner's attention.

He would talk back to his captor, still being fairly loud so that Denbe could hear him. "We don't want any more trouble buddy... how about we talk this over? Of course, I'm sure you're probably thinking "there's no need to talk", right? You have me prisoner and you can use me for leverage... leverage is good, I get that!"

Think fast Mantis, think fast.

"But you know, before you really get your heart set on holding me prisoner, I guess I should tell you..."

3-2-1-Pray to the Kami this works.

"...I let you capture me just so that my friend could get behind you!"

Deceit (Awareness) 5k3
Void Point Spent: +1k1

Total:
6+8+3+3 = 20  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games