Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:10 am
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
Please just keep in mind that viewing Christ as anything less than God is a dangerous position to be in...

this has quite annoyed me, can you give scripture to support this claim? i'd sure love to see it.

mark 10:18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Then you will know the TRUTH,
and the TRUTH will set you free

Colossians 2:9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

The explanation to the verse you posted;

Philippians 2:6-8
6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

what bible are you using? thats not what i see

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

The NIV, but the NASB, ESV and a bunch of other say the same thing.
What version do you use?

NIV
but it doesnt say that in mine neutral

also the fact you missed out the 9th scripture.
of course you can make things true when you don't tell the full story.

6 who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death –
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

you cannot pick and tweek, you have to read the bible in FULL

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

"Who being in very nature God" It can't get any clearer than that.

John 1:1-18
New International Version (NIV)
The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Colossians 1:16
New International Version
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Nehemiah 9:6
You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Isaiah 45:12
It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.

John 5:18
For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 14:7
If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

John 10:33
"We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:48 am
Quote:
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Isaiah 42:8
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Isaiah 44:8
Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

1 Corinthians 10:4
and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Paul talking about the Israelites being given spiritual water in the desert on their way to the promised land.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:06 pm
If Jesus was a created being lesser than God keep in mind these verses;

Romans 1:25
They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

Philippians 2:10
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Deuteronomy 6:13
Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:21 pm
Garland-Green

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
this still states that jesus was WITH god, this depicts that their are definitely two entities and not one, two gods? but this to me does not say that jesus is Yahweh, it's pretty clear there is two entities in this scripture.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. ?

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
being truthful this is written in two ways in both of my bibles,
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

i'll look into that, thats very contradictive on both stances.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. god created the world through jesus, yes god created the world. this scripture is not grounds for jesus being god.

You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. god created the world through jesus, yes god created the world. this scripture is not grounds for jesus being god.

It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts. god created the earth through jesus, yes god created the world. this scripture is not grounds for jesus being god.

For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. Jesus called god his FATHER, the jews who were trying to have him executed said that he was making himself equal with god. which jesus then said
“Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father[e] does, that the Son does likewise. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. 21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. 22 The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. 24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." this is figurative, this does not in one bit say jesus is god.

"We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God he DID NOT claim to be god, he denied BEING god. please find me a scripture where Jesus said "I AM GOD"

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:52 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

this still states that jesus was WITH god, this depicts that their are definitely two entities and not one, two gods? but this to me does not say that jesus is Yahweh, it's pretty clear there is two entities in this scripture.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. ?

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. god created the world through jesus, yes god created the world. this scripture is not grounds for jesus being god.

You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. god created the world through jesus, yes god created the world. this scripture is not grounds for jesus being god.

It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts. god created the earth through jesus, yes god created the world. this scripture is not grounds for jesus being god.

For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. Jesus called god his FATHER, the jews who were trying to have him executed said that he was making himself equal with god. which jesus then said
“Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father[e] does, that the Son does likewise. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. 21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. 22 The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. 24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." this is figurative, this does not in one bit say jesus is god.

"We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God he DID NOT claim to be god, he denied BEING god. please find me a scripture where Jesus said "I AM GOD"

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God.

I don't think God is a liar.

It sure is. If the Bible say God created everything with His hands for His own sake, and then go on to say that everything was created for Jesus, and through Jesus it's pretty clear who Jesus is.

Psalm 102:25
In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

We reconcile these verses with Christ being both God, and man. Fully God, fully man. God says He is the only savior, and I chose to take His word for it. As a man he was a bond-servant (voluntarily served, made himself lower than God the father by being a man born to fulfill the Law) to God the Father. God as a trinity best explains these verses, without having to insert Jesus as another god to worship something Yahweh forbids, or worship a created being which you are not allowed to either. You are only supposed to worship the Creator! Triune means that they are in essence the same, having the same purpose, the same mind, same creative powers so and and so on, but in three persons. Otherwise nothing makes sense. How can Christ come to Earth and demand that people worship him if he is not God? Why does He demand that people bow to him, and call him Lord, when you are not supposed to bow you knee in worship to any man or any created being?

Acts 10:25,26 - Cornelius fell down to worship Peter. Peter forbade it saying that he himself was just a man. God deserves worship, but men do not. (Cf. Acts 12:20-23; 14:8-18.)
Revelation 22:8,9; 19:10 - John sought to worship the angel, but the angel forbade it because he was a "fellow servant." "Worship God."
Romans 1:25 - People who worship and serve created things, rather than the Creator, have left the truth of God.
To worship any created thing - whether man, angel, heavenly body, or some other object in nature (mountain, ocean, etc.) - constitutes idolatry.

But Jesus received the unique worship God deserves.
He was often worshipped while He appeared on earth before His resurrection.
Matthew 8:2 - A leper came and worshipped Jesus. [9:18; 15:25; Mark 5:6]
Matthew 14:33 - After Jesus had calmed the storm, the disciples worshipped Him saying He was the Son of God.
John 9:38 - After Jesus had healed the blind man, He revealed Himself to be the Son of God (v35). The man said he believed, and he worshipped Jesus.
Note that such religious worship would have been blasphemy and should have been forbidden as it was in the case of Peter, the angel, etc., if Jesus had been just a man on earth.
Created beings also worship Him after His resurrection.
Matthew 28:9,17 - After His resurrection, His disciples worshipped Him. [Cf. John 20:28,29]
Luke 24:52 - Even after He had ascended back to heaven, they worshipped Him.
Hebrews 1:6 - Angels are instructed by God to worship Jesus.

Note that men were rebuked for worshipping men, angels, or created beings, but they were never rebuked for worshipping Jesus. Angels are even instructed by the Father to worship Jesus. The context of the above passages cannot fit the idea of obeisance to an earthly king or ruler. They refer to honoring Jesus as a religious authority - the very thing forbidden when offered to Peter, angels, etc.

Hence, Jesus accepted worship as an act of religious honor. The Scriptures, including Jesus' own teachings, would absolutely forbid this unless He possesses true Deity.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:54 pm
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

It sure is. If the Bible say God created everything with His hands for His own sake, and then go on to say that everything was created for Jesus, and through Jesus it's pretty clear who Jesus is.

In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

We reconcile these verses with Christ being both God, and man. Fully God, fully man. God says He is the only savior, and I chose to take His word for it. As a man he was a bond-servant (voluntarily served, made himself lower than God the father by being a man born to fulfill the Law) to God the Father. God as a trinity best explains these verses, without having to insert Jesus as another god to worship something Yahweh forbids, or worship a created being which you are not allowed to either. You are only supposed to worship the Creator! Triune means that they are in essence the same, having the same purpose, the same mind, same creative powers so and and so on, but in three persons. Otherwise nothing makes sense. How can Christ come to Earth and demand that people worship him if he is not God? Why does He demand that people bow to him, and call him Lord, when you are not supposed to bow you knee in worship to any man or any created being?

Acts 10:25,26 - Cornelius fell down to worship Peter. Peter forbade it saying that he himself was just a man. God deserves worship, but men do not. (Cf. Acts 12:20-23; 14:8-18.)
Revelation 22:8,9; 19:10 - John sought to worship the angel, but the angel forbade it because he was a "fellow servant." "Worship God."
Romans 1:25 - People who worship and serve created things, rather than the Creator, have left the truth of God.
To worship any created thing - whether man, angel, heavenly body, or some other object in nature (mountain, ocean, etc.) - constitutes idolatry.

Matthew 14:33 - After Jesus had calmed the storm, the disciples worshipped Him saying He was the Son of God.
John 9:38 - After Jesus had healed the blind man, He revealed Himself to be the Son of God (v35). The man said he believed, and he worshipped Jesus.
Note that such religious worship would have been blasphemy and should have been forbidden as it was in the case of Peter, the angel, etc., if Jesus had been just a man on earth.
Matthew 28:9,17 - After His resurrection, His disciples worshipped Him. [Cf. John 20:28,29]

Note that men were rebuked for worshipping men, angels, or created beings, but they were never rebuked for worshipping Jesus. Angels are even instructed by the Father to worship Jesus. The context of the above passages cannot fit the idea of obeisance to an earthly king or ruler. They refer to honoring Jesus as a religious authority - the very thing forbidden when offered to Peter, angels, etc.

Hence, Jesus accepted worship as an act of religious honor. The Scriptures, including Jesus' own teachings, would absolutely forbid this unless He possesses true Deity.

this is all so dumb, the bible is full of contradictions all the way through.
dont even know why i bother.
i'm out.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:04 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

this is all so dumb, the bible is full of contradictions all the way through.
dont even know why i bother.
i'm out.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

No contradictions if you know who Jesus is. In fact it makes all the more sense if you know him.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Jesus proclaimed Himself to be the “Alpha and Omega” in Revelation 1:8, 11; 21:6; and 22:13. Alpha and omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. Among the Jewish rabbis, it was common to use the first and the last letters of the Hebrew alphabet to denote the whole of anything, from beginning to end. Jesus as the beginning and end of all things is a reference to no one but the true God. This statement of eternality could apply only to God. It is seen especially in Revelation 22:13, where Jesus proclaims that He is “the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

One of the meanings of Jesus being the “Alpha and Omega” is that He was at the beginning of all things and will be at the close. It is equivalent to saying He always existed and always will exist. It was Christ, as second Person of the Trinity, who brought about the creation: “Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made” (John 1:3), and His Second Coming will be the beginning of the end of creation as we know it (2 Peter 3:10). As God incarnate, He has no beginning, nor will He have any end with respect to time, being from everlasting to everlasting.

A second meaning of Jesus as the “Alpha and Omega” is that the phrase identifies Him as the God of the Old Testament. Isaiah ascribes this aspect of Jesus’ nature as part of the triune God in several places. “I, the Lord, am the first, and with the last I am He” (41:4). “I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God” (Isaiah 44:6). “I am he; I am the first, I also am the last” (Isaiah 48:12). These are clear indications of the eternal nature of the Godhead.

Christ, as the Alpha and Omega, is the first and last in so many ways. He is the “author and finisher” of our faith (Hebrews 12:2), signifying that He begins it and carries it through to completion. He is the totality, the sum and substance of the Scriptures, both of the Law and of the Gospel (John 1:1, 14). He is the fulfilling end of the Law (Matthew 5:17), and He is the beginning subject matter of the gospel of grace through faith, not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9). He is found in the first verse of Genesis and in the last verse of Revelation. He is the first and last, the all in all of salvation, from the justification before God to the final sanctification of His people.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:07 pm
Garland-Green

tbh i don't care anymore, theres to many denominations, they cant all be right.
it's pointless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

it's pointless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

If Jesus is Truth, how can you not care about truth?
Though there are many denominations very few of them differ on who Jesus was. What is not to be considered denominations; Jehovah's Witnesses, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and similar, who have their own books that are valued above the Bible. I urge you to read the text honestly, and make sure you are grounded in the real Jesus, and not a fake one. Only the real one saves.

Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

If we don't have the nature of Jesus right, then we are not really believing in the Jesus that can save us. If God is love, and wants what is best for us, then the truth should not be beyond us to understand.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:26 pm
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

it's pointless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Though there are many denominations very few of them differ on who Jesus was. What is not to be considered denominations; Jehovah's Witnesses, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and similar, who have their own books that are valued above the Bible. I urge you to read the text honestly, and make sure you are grounded in the real Jesus, and not a fake one. Only the real one saves.

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

If we don't have the nature of Jesus right, then we are not really believing in the Jesus that can save us.

give me a scripture where jesus says i am god and i'll consider you right.
otherwise all your babble is flawed, he said she said, isn't Jesus saying I AM GOD.

and what do you know about the jehovahs witnesses? have you ever been one? the book of mormon is held above the bible, but the witnesses dont have a book.

the elders have a book yes, thats nothing to do with the bible.
what book are you referring to that the witnesses have?

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:41 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

it's pointless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

If we don't have the nature of Jesus right, then we are not really believing in the Jesus that can save us.

otherwise all your babble is flawed, he said she said, isn't Jesus saying I AM GOD.

and what do you know about the jehovahs witnesses? have you ever been one? the book of mormon is held above the bible, but the witnesses dont have a book.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

The Jehovah's witnesses have their own Bible translation that omits verses that do not agree with their core doctrines. It is called the New World Translation. There's a former JW in the guild. If you don't take me as an authority on The Jehovah's Witnesses you should talk to him. I have also studied their doctrines, and how the Jehovah's witnesses came about as an organization. Their lines of failed end- time predictions and so on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:04 pm
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

it's pointless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

"Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

The Jehovah's witnesses have their own Bible translation that omits verses that do not agree with their core doctrines. It is called the New World Translation. There's a former JW in the guild. If you don't take me as an authority on The Jehovah's Witnesses you should talk to him. I have also studied their doctrines, and how the Jehovah's witnesses came about as an organization. Their lines of failed end- time predictions and so on.

you are blind sighted and stupid if you think god will condemn people that believe slightly different. you sir are arrogant and narrow minded.
their BIBLE not book, their BIBLE may have a few differences but what bibles dont?
your bible is different from mine but i dont condemn you.

a murderer can be forgiven but someone who has a belief different than yours is condemned?
if thats what you really think Jesus or God stands for then shame on you.
That means God is not love and god does not really care for humanity.
open your eyes and stop acting so condescending!

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:19 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

it's pointless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

you are blind sighted and stupid if you think god will condemn people that believe slightly different. you sir are arrogant and narrow minded.
their BIBLE not book, their BIBLE may have a few differences but what bibles dont?

a murderer can be forgiven but someone who has a belief different than yours is condemned?

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

It is not me you have a problem with.

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Belief is everything. If it was not so important who we believed or what we believed Christ would not warn us.

Mark 13:5-7
And Jesus began to say to them, "See to it that no one misleads you. "Many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He!' and will mislead many."

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Calling someone stupid, arrogant and narrow minded is judging someone.
I have not done that with you. I have tried to show you with scripture, but you take offense.

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:30 pm
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

It is not me you have a problem with.

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Belief is everything. If it was not so important who we believed or what we believed Christ would not warn us.

Mark 13:5-7
And Jesus began to say to them, "See to it that no one misleads you. "Many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He!' and will mislead many."

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Calling someone stupid, arrogant and narrow minded is judging someone.
I have not done that with you. I have tried to show you with scripture, but you take offense.

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

1. Ramses II, Amon-Ra, and Nut.

2. Horus, Osiris, and Isis.

3. moon god, Lord of the Heavens, and sun god.

4. Ishtar, Sin, and Shamash.

5. Buddhist triune of transformation body, enjoyment body, and truth body.

6. The Hindu triad of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. (Trimurti)

7. The Brahmas also have their trinity. In their trinity, Vajrapani, Manjusri, and Avalokitesvara.

8. China and Japan also worship Buddha, but they know him as “Fo.” When
they worship him they say “Fo, is one god but has three forms.”

9. The ancient Egyptians also worshipped a trinity. Their symbol of a wing, a globe, and a
serpent is supposed to have stood for the different attributes of their god.

go along and practice your pagan worshiping.

and YOU are the one judging others. you are not my brother or sister because you dont preach the truth.

and still no quote of jesus saying I AM GOD. you are a fool because you preach lies, lies that were created and forcefully pushed upon people in the 4th century a lie than cost lives. do your research before you try spreading your pagan lies.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:35 pm
Anyone can be forgiven if they repent, and turn to Jesus.
Repent means abandon their previous life. Thoughts, and practices. Put on the new man.

2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Most Bibles say the same things, just in a different way, unless you have a cult version. Some translations use dynamic and and others formal equivalence.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games