Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:24 pm
hmmm...
I guess when analyzing dreams, I should check more than one dream dictionary. I had looked up "Forest", "Television", and "Fan" because those were all stand out symbols to me, but the interpretations in the dictionary I was using didn't really resonate with me like these ones do.

At some point, I might go through all this and try to put it all together comprehensively just for my own sake of thinking things through, but I think the general message seems pretty clear as is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 am
question  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:23 pm
Been trying to get this conversion done because I apparently can't work on both the conversion and the new scene at the same time like I planned to.

I've got roughly six more posts to convert, which doesn't sound like much, but the other day, I told Psy I had 9 and only got 3 done since then. There's also a part earlier in the chapter that I want to fiddle with some more, but will do that after converting what's left.

And if it wasn't clear from the dream interpretation that I've also been feeling like s**t lately, then well... now you know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:54 am
I was just wondering why the RP dropped off. Sorry things aren't going as well as was planned on. Hope you feel better soon, TES. yum_tea  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:33 am
Just finished converting the final post. There's still some tweaks that I'll be doing to parts of the chapter, but the bulk of the work is done and should be ready to put up on Monday, so will likely be resuming in the roleplay soonish, at least on my part. I can't speak for the others.

Part of why this conversion took some more effort: I recently went back and reread the first two chapters and noticed how much more narration there was in the first chapters that has been mostly absent in the chapters that followed, so there are entire paragraphs of narration that I was adding in that weren't there in the scene on top of converting. There's a chance I might end up adding even more on my second pass as well, but I don't anticipate I'll be missing the Monday "deadline" this time around. I've also got some vague plans of additional dialogue and narration that I'll be adding to the beginning of the current chapter as I didn't do much to set it up the first time around.

In further conversion news, I'm considering after the project has concluded, in addition to doing a chapter by chapter revision, I'd also like to add illustrations. After all, the original books were illustrated, so it only seems appropriate. For the chapter by chapter revision, I'll probably use google documents so you can all fiddle with your own parts as you see fit if you find in retrospect there are things you would have liked to have done differently and we can just back and forth edit through google docs.

Also also!

*cough* Also...

Given the developments in the behind the scenes roleplay, I'm considering having these start to leak into the "movie", and the ending is more along the lines of Miro finding out it's not real and the fallout from that rather than wrapping it up as a dream as the books and Disney cartoon does.

Aside from being a sucker for drama, I'm also a fan of "twists", especially when it establishes that everything you thought you knew was going on turns out to be different. School Live!, Shutter Island, The Others... I ******** love that s**t. Hell, I love it so much I don't even hate on M. Night Shyamalan when he does it wrong {speaking of which, I still need to watch a bunch of his movies...}

So anyway, yay or nay on that idea? I mean, I could technically dictate that's what we're doing whether you like it or not emotion_awesome , but the more people that are on board, the better.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:59 pm
I think it's a good idea. It seems to be the way we're heading with things at this point. Things happening behind the scenes are affecting the "filming" already.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:41 am
Sounds good to me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:52 am
I like it. I think our version is much better than Walt’s. cool  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 pm
Yup!
I've been eaten by work as well but will be around more for the next week at least.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:16 pm
Just tell Lia where ever you need her for. She will be there. And sadly the rest of us I am sure..... stare  

Anira Tiernay

Self-sustaining Businesswoman

17,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Ghost of Lily

Shameless Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 pm
*Flips Brat's popcorn as she floats through checking out the story.*
Oooooooooh, plot twist. Yessssssssss. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:58 pm
Finally got around to editing my preface to include the fact it's being co-written and a cast list. I'll add to it as more chapters are posted and characters are introduced. Since Velcore has only made a brief appearance so far, I just have The Jabberwocky listed instead of putting him down by name.

In a way, it kind of seems more appropriate to have the list be after the final chapter, but are post credits a thing in books? Truth be told, I don't read. It's a flaw of mine that I want to be a writer, but I don't read sweatdrop

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Lia_Trovaras

Beloved Hellraiser

18,975 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:29 pm
In most books there's an Acknowledgement or a dedication at the beginning of the books. Only times I see anything at the end of most books I read are either references or fun facts stuff if it's in my fantasy/sci fi books. Like with this Steampunk version of a Sherlock Holmes series I've read they use historical people as some of the characters (Ex: Charles Darwin, Florence Nightengale, and a few other scientists of that time period). Since the series is set in an alternate time/universe of what we're familiar with, the author was kind enough to put some actual historical facts about said characters so as to educate a little.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:24 am
More random dream stuff because I feel like it?

So I had this short dream two weeks ago in which I {as my character "Tes" rather than real life me} was married to Miro {also the character}. And after a quiet, uneventful evening of just sitting on the couch, watching T.V. together, I got up, started to turn out the lights, and recited:

"Ted and Betty
Betty and Ted
Terrible at talking
But excellent in bed"

At the end, I paused at the last lamp and grinned at Miro, who was already blushing, and said, "Ready to turn in, 'Betty'?"

Unfortunately, there was no sex in this dream, though stare My brain decided to "change channels" and go to another dream. But for some odd reason, I've been thinking a lot about this short little dream since I had it, most especially today.

Oh, and on a more story related note, I'll be in conversion mode for a while. Hoping to get back on a schedule, but we'll see how that goes.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:12 pm
... I'm going to ponder on that one ...

FYI - I'm off on vacation for 4 days so I may or may not be online until I get back. emo

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games