Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:16 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 6 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 7 items collected - Complete! 1st place!
Himura Kaichiyo & Associate - Complete! 2nd place!
-----
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 7 items collected, Returned! Judging...
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 7 items collected, returning to the castle...
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 6 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 5 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 5 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 4 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 4 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 4 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 2 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 1 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 1 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri would suddenly stop, giving you a somewhat dirty look.

"Naohiko-san... please tell me, you are kidding," is all she would say.

Naohiko, your roll (and free raise expenditure) is put on hold until you give me a TN 15 Awareness/Etiquette roll to appease the priestess of the kami that something mundane like a disposable food utensil is worth the blessings of the kami. Or that you were, in fact, kidding (which might involve a Sincerity or Sincerity [Deceit] roll instead?).

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Those who are around, they listen and are appreciate of the music. They're mostly just Crane guards and servants though. No judging is to be had.

It looks like things will be wrapping up real soon-like, so you'll re-unite with your comrades soon enough.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo awkwardly pressed her fingertips together, avoiding the woman's gaze. "Well... ummm... that is... er... what I meant to say..."

She would begin to shrink back when the four Mantis began to approach her, the woman surrounded by her posse.

But, all of a sudden, Kiyo succeeds a Willpower roll and gestures behind her with one hand. "You heard me! And if you don't like it, Himura G-EEEEEEEEEE~

As you grab her wrist, you bolt out the door before she can drop your full name to the Mantis, who immediately start to give chase, but the woman leading them would wave dismissively, apparently not eager to go jogging in her heavy winter kimono. When you look behind you after some running, you see no sign of pursuit, even on the off chance you roll high despite your penalties.

"G-G-Gen-Gend-ndo-san! M-m-my ar-rm!" Kiyo squeeks as she stumbles to keep pace with you, tripping in her attempts, and also apparently losing one of her sandals at some point during the retreat.  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 4, 7, 7, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 Total: 43 (8-80)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:36 pm
"Consider it an absolute, last, we-have-no-other-option type scenario. Surely we'll find something where we're going. " Naohiko let out a deep sigh as he looked down the street, trying to get the feel of the city. "I just want this scroll to mean something. If it is so dear as to require such a high price then I don't want it to be in vain. Who is it of, anyways?"

OOC:
Awareness/etiquette 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Dice: 4, 7, 7, 7, 6
Results: 21  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:15 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 6 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni, 1 belated Free Raise for returning to the castle
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 7 items collected - Complete! 1st place!
Himura Kaichiyo & Associate - Complete! 2nd place!
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 7 items collected, Complete! 3rd place!
-----
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 7 items collected, Returned! Judging...
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 6 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 5 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 5 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 4 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 4 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 4 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 2 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 1 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 1 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"..."

Ruri would sigh, delicately placing her fingertips against her forehead.

"We are not having a dango skewer blessed, understand? I appreciate your gusto, but... no. Okay, Naohiko-san? Just... no."

As you two proceed towards the castle, you are able to find a temple easily enough; it makes sense, considering that it is the cultural center of the city, you are kind of spoiled for choice, as there are many within close proximity. The first one you find is a shrine to the Order of the Four Temples, a monastic order that places a major emphasis on culture.

However, as you approach the doors, a Daidoji Scout approaches you two.

"Pardon me, but the final team to finish has finally scored. At this point, Princess Kioko would like all teams to return to the castle."

--------------------

@ Gendo:

But before you two can begin to catch your breath, a Daidoji Scout approaches you two.

"Excuse me, folks, but I've been ordered to retrieve you and bid you return to the castle. Three teams have finished, and Princess Kioko would like to formally announce the victors."

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

After you finish your second song, you begin to hear some hustle and bustle in the main gathering area. Was the event finished? Not much time had passed since your were cleared for victory.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:27 pm
Naohiko buried his face in his palm as he heard the news. Stiffly and wordlessly he followed the Daidoji to the castle. Internally all he could think of was all the choice phrases sailors used that Kaichiyo had seen fit to pick up on. All so much of this fell under "Needn't have much bothered" now. Not to mention the damage control he'd have to do with Ruri to atleast get her to not think too cruelly of him or the Kraken in general. Naohiko had his work cut out for him.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:48 pm
Kaichiyo smiled along to the appreciative glances, a bit disappointed that she hadn't attracted any attention from those who stayed behind or any other finishing teams, but soon enough she heard the commotion, perking up, stowing her biwa, and going to investigate.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 10, 7, 3, 5 Total: 40 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:04 am
He nods to the Scout, bowing lightly. After leaving the man, he'd speak. "I'd rather not have to prove myself against three opponents if I don't have to. Especially when those three are drunk and will make such fools of themselves that it would be nearly dishonorable to defeat them."

He looked down at her, smiling.

"Oh little brown bird
Small of size but strong of will
Your Honor I duel."

Poetry/Awareness - 4k3 - 28  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 pm
@ Gendo:

After reciting your poem, Kiyo would avert her gaze away. "That... was a nice poem. Thank you, Gendo-san," she would say meekly. "We should hurry though, so we don't delay things."

--------------------

@ The Castle of Kyuden Doji:

Soon, everyone would re-unite at the castle, the event having been called as finished. All of you would be there, and most of the samurai who set out to begin with at the same time you are here... but not all. You suspect a quarter are missing, possibly for assorted reasons.

"Excuse me, everyone!" Asahina Masanori would call out, trying to get attention over the clamor of everyone chatting with one another. Hardly anyone noticed, so he called out again, "EXCUSE ME, EVERYONE!" in a squeaky voice. The volume level dwindled then, and he cleared his throat.

"Doji Kioko would like a moment to address all of you," he would say. "Afterwards, if any of you wanted refunds, please turn in the receipts from the city's vendors along with the item in question, and you will be reimbursed. Otherwise, the items you want to keep are yours, as souvenirs! After we break, please be aware that supper will be served within half an hour's time." Turning his head, he would see a Setsuna-clutching Kioko step forth, and he would bow and retreat out of the way.

"Thank you everyone for coming out today!" Kioko would start off. "It was a long event, probably the longest we had planned, so thank you for bearing with it! That said, I wish to congratulate the three victorious teams personally. Utaku Bayarma and Shinjo Hideki were the first to return! They were immediately followed by Daigotsu Shoichi and-

There would be a few murmurs of surprise and disbelief amongst some samurai, though Kioko would simply talk over them.

-and Himura Kaichiyo. Finally, Kakita Otsu and Isawa Marihito concluded the winners with third place! A respectable job, one and all!" There would be some polite applauds from everyone.

Kaichiyo, you had been asked to stand to the side for just this announcement; the only two with you are the Crane and Phoenix. Shoichi, and the two Unicorn, are absent. The Crane is a fair, white-haired woman that, despite lacking armor, was resting her weight against a studded tetsubo with a dainty blue/pink bow tied at the end (the business end). The Phoenix was a man a few years older than you, thin with high cheekbones that, while probably capable of being willing to harm a fly, seemed like he would have a great difficulty accomplishing that very task. Neither would probably strike you as well-suited for this event, but here they are. Perhaps the Crane had offered assistance to the teams bearing their clansmen in them?

"Despite this, I still extend my praise to those who were close. Had the event not ended when it did, it wouldn't have gone on for much longer, from my understanding! Those who put on a commendable effort include the teams of Ide Urako and Mirumoto Katsunan; of Moshi Ruri and Himura Naohiko; and of Kitsuki Senzo and Mirumoto Otsu! And, of course, to everyone else who competed with all their hearts and cunning! Winning teams, you will be reimbursed for your items, but as a special gift, you will not be required to return them! My compliments for making the most out of my beloved city!"

Kioko would bow politely to everyone gathered, and most would return the gesture with a deeper bow of humility. Masanori would then begin trying to corral the various teams to assorted judges.

The following Glory rewards are given out:
Kaichiyo gets 3 points of Glory for completing the event!
Naohiko gets 2 points of Glory for being in the 6-7 item range!
Gendo gets 1 point of Glory for being in the 3-5 item range!

While things are wrapping up, you have a chance to for some brief smalltalk with anyone gathered here. Your partners are currently not by any of your sides. Ruri is seeing to a judge and making damned sure she gets refunded as she's returning the scroll. Kiyo is off speaking with Kayoko. Shoichi is... Shoichi.

Afterwards, unless anyone wanted to accomplish anything specific at dinner, we'll skip to the evening before all you go to sleep, in the Minor Clan wing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:04 pm
With the event being over Gendo proceeds with the only course of action available to him. He goes to seek out Doji Kioko and see to Setsuna.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 4, 6, 1, 3, 10, 6, 1, 9 Total: 40 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:41 pm
Naohiko waited patiently as Ruri made sure she got her reimbursement for the items. When the Centipede priestess was finished, the Kraken would attract her attention and then would proffer the origami mantis he made the other day. "I understand that I've been a bit hard to deal with. I'm sorry for that and I want to thank you for putting up with me today. I hope this small thing is an adequate token of that."

OOC:
Etiquette/Awareness 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Raises: 1 to make sure he comes across as a sane and normal Rokugani.
Dice: 4, 6, 1, 3, 16
Results: 26-5  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:22 pm
The little princess followed instructions to her designated spot easily enough, at first thinking nothing of the other two standing next to her, but then coming to wonder why indeed there was only two upon hearing the announcement. The entire winning team was... missing... Still, it wasn't a thought she dwelt upon for long, as her chest quickly swelled with pride; the only minor clansman to rank, and Naohiko had even earned an honorable mention. Yesterday may have been a disaster, but today was a good day for the Kraken.

With the few moments she had before everyone moved on, she turned to the other team and bowed, similing warmly, "Congratulations. It is an honor to be standing next to you. With how many times I was completely lost out there, I'm still amazed I even made it back, much less among the winning teams."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:52 pm
@ Gendo:

You would approach Kioko, who was speaking with several of the Crane, but she would notice your approach.

"Ah, Gendo-san. Setsuna-kun has been an absolute darling. I am extremely appreciative that he was allowed to keep me company!" she would say, ignoring the others and speaking to you, smiling.

Though, she didn't exactly make an motions to return him...

A number of people were watching this exchange. You could feel many eyes on you.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri would c**k a brow at your apology. "You... do realize that my clan's courtiers specialize in making people feel bad about themselves, right? You are, by no means, the most difficult person I've dealt with in my lifetime." She would carefully pick up the mantis, placing the paper item in one palm and looking at it at eye level.

She would suddenly think of something, both eyebrows raising this time as she looked past the mantis at Naohiko. "Unless you got up to things you think I should know about?"

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

The Phoenix would bow to you as you addressed his team. "Ah! It is likewise an honor, friend Kraken," the Phoenix would say. "I'm, ah, Marihito. Isawa Marihito," he would say, introducing himself.

"She knows that, you doofus," the Crane would say. "The princess announced us, if you remember."

"Oh, um... right, she did, didn't she, Otsu-san?" Marihito would say, standing awkwardly. Otsu would stick her tongue out teasingly at him. "Otsu and I have never been here before; trust me, I understand your navigational dilemma. Luckily for us, the people we came across were... very eager to help Otsu-san out."

"You mean, they were eager to help Goro-kun out!" she would correct her teammate, as she would swing her tetsubo one-handed in his direction as emphasis, causing him to stumble back a few steps to avoid getting hit. Though her face reflected a coy playfulness, rather than anger.

"Y-yes, sorry, Otsu-san... Goro-san..." he would apologize to you. He would lean in and say lowly to you, "Goro-san has a way with words, if you know what I mean."

"It's true!" Otsu would say, overhearing, as she planted her tetsubo into the ground, cracking the stone ever so slightly. She would cover her mouth with one hand and laugh.  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 4 Total: 20 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:42 pm
The kraken bushi was unsure his minimal knowledge of the Mantis was adequate enough to correct Ruri. He had always heard that the Mantis courtier technique was to make one feel as if they were in imminent danger...but he let the matter drop. "The most exciting thing that happened while I was without your company was that a peasant asked for my help with a little matter and I gave it. Hardly worth mentioning. "

OOC:
Awareness/ Sincerity [Honesty] (Untrained) 3k3
Dice:10, 6, 4
Results: 20  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:03 am
"Oh I am so glad I wasn't alone. I would have thought Kyuden Kakita would have a similar layout, and Kyuden Isawa just as large." she mused, not in disbelief, but simple genuine curiosity.

To the tetsubo comments, her own sweet, melodic laugh rang out in tandem. "Hehe, well, Daigotsu-san seemed to have much the same effect on them, but I think I would have preferred Goro-kun."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:48 pm
Gendo would bow respectfully. "Of course, Kioko-Hime. I would allow you to take his company any time you wish, if he isn't being upset at something. I would not wish you any troubles. As for now, I suppose I better take Setsuna-kun on a walk and all."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:46 pm
@ Naohiko:

Since you COULD extrapolate and chose not to, I would say neither honesty nor deceit emphases would apply, but that's a moot point since it's untrained.

Ruri looks thoughtful for a moment, like she was internally gauging whether she thought she should press for information and call you on it, but decided against that plan. "Well, thank you for the figure," she would say as she changed the topic back. "Souvenirs are part of the Winter Court experience!" Almost immediately, she would comment, "I returned the scroll, so the Crane should be returning me that personal item by tomorrow. Sorry, I know you had your eye on it, but it was just too expensive. Were there any items you were partial towards keeping?"

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Actually, most architects tend to vary their designs, to sow confusion into potential invaders. Though the Phoenix has never suffered at the hands of this tactic, others have. Unicorn, Dragon, Mantis, Lion... if all of our cities were identical, an attacking army would have to conquer just one to learn the weaknesses of the rest," Marihito would explain, almost reflexively.

"You know, in case you needed a lullaby to put you to sleep right now," Otsu would clarify for her partner, causing him to redden.

"S-sorry..." he would apologize, bowing.

Otsu seemed to feel bad almost immediately, waving dismissively. "Kidding! I was kidding! I'm... sure, any Kaiu girls would be impressed hearing you boast such knowledge! Honest!"

You get the impression that didn't make him feel any better.

"Well, it's been a lovely afternoon, but I think I'm going to break this party up and go get some tea to warm me up before dinner," Otsu would explain.

Marihito would nod. "My clansmen would want to hear of my exploits as well, so that works for me," he would say.

Despite her teasing, both Otsu and Marihito would each bow respectfully to one another before parting ways, but not before giving a similar gesture to you as well.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kioko would stare blankly at Gendo for a few moments, before coming to the necessary conclusion! "Oh! Of course! Setsuna's your dog, after all. Yes, here you go~" She would hand Setsuna over to you, who would wag his tail and lick your face as soon as he was in your embrace once more.

"I have matters to attend to. Hopefully I can enjoy more of Setsuna-kun's company soon." Kioko would bow her head, before moving off to do princessy things.

--------------------

@ Everyone:

Dinner will happen without incident, unless you plan on causing an incident. At this point, you guys can meet up after dinner to discuss things, before sleep claims you.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games