Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:44 am
Revenge would choke slightly on the piece he was swallowing when Shayne said that. "Ahem, sorry. I mean, yes, I suppose I would. But I would figure out what that was when I returned myself."

The minutes ticked by, and he was growing increasingly agitated, his tail actively twitching back and forth. At one point, it even knocked a table and he almost caused things to spill, turning to catch the table before that side gave way.

This was turning out bad. He didn't want to simply abandon Shayne after asking for his help, nor simply bring him along and leave Petra out here alone. He only caught glimpses but it seemed Petra and Kuori were bonding the night before, so she would probably feel safest with her. He could take both of them, but then the servants would have all this food set up and who knows how long Kuori was going to take to get back, and it seemed extremely rude to leave them waiting out here with no one to serve.

Plus, if he were to bring Petra, he'd need to fill her in on the events of last night before they got there and he couldn't just start talking about the Aria thing in front of all these servants.

Though he definitely didn't eat his fill, Revenge wouldn't eat any more as he began to pace. He thought about trying to find Kuori, but there was the possibility that she had gone off into the woods to do her business, and that would be extremely inappropriate for him to go after her. She could be scouting for possible enemies, but if she was, odds are he wouldn't be observant nor fast enough to locate her.

All he would do was wait, but Sehanine above, it wasn't easy.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:34 pm
Valac would dismissively grunt back at Selma, "Do what ya want."

Valac's eye would flicker up from his meal for a moment when he noticed Kuori walking pass but he didn't care.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:57 pm
Kuori went and sat down by Abby, "Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt." She lowered her voice to a whisper and said, "Whats this I hear about you letting this guy take you captive?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:07 am
Kuori's comment seemed to catch Abby off guard. "What?" She would briefly look over at Kail, but he was too enraptured in his cheese and his daughter's playing to be paying them any attention.

Abby would lean next to Kuori and whisper back. "Where did you hear something like that? On the contrary--we are lucky he hasn't kicked us out of his house. Negotiations got off to a rough start last night. He did not appreciate me hiding my true form under an illusion and he dispelled it in front of everyone. I kind of... let my emotions get the better of me for a moment and I collapsed. Valac tried to attack him while Revenge insulted him. Before I could do anything, Valac broke some of his plants he uses for his research. He zapped Valac with a spell and sent the rest of us away. However, I think Twyla managed to smooth things over this morning. We are going to pick up negotiations after this. He said he will help us if--if I let him study the magic used to create me... or rather I, well, I offered to let him study my true form in exchange for his help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selma would smile excitedly. "Really? This is great! I have something I wanted to try out. I think it should get rid of your lethargy."

Selma would run off from the dining room and disappear down a hallway. Two exasperated servants would chase after her. Before long she would return and offer Valac would looked to be a small, round piece of candy. "Here, you should try this!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya would let out a slight laugh. "Oh, the breakfast inside is much nicer. If you guys were to leave now, you might catch the tail end of it. Oh, and Lady Odessa is going to be practicing her violin on the west veranda this morning. Her music is most mesmerizing."

Petra seemed to pick up on Revenge's uneasiness and lack on eating. As she munched on strip of jerky, she would say flatly to the paladin. "Look, don't be waiting out here on my behalf. I'll be fine. If you got in a fight with Abby last night, I think you should go talk with her. No reason to let bad feelings linger. She probably wants to see you anyways."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:56 am
Revenge would offer a soft smile to Petra when she tried to reassure him.

"That's okay. As much as I want to, I cannot. I know from experience what can happen if you leave someone and not expect anything bad to happen." His smile would turn into a frown, and his gaze turned towards the manor.

"While Kuori doesn't care about what I want or my feelings, she does have... potential good in her heart. She really cared for Ying. I can tell she really cares for you. She wouldn't just abandon you out here. I know she'll be back any moment. I just need to have more patience."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:17 pm
"Odd sentiment, coming from a paladin of a goddess of emotions." Shayne muttered, before setting his cup down. "Welp; if you two are staying out, I am going in. It is that, returning to sleep, or practice my brewcrafting skills."

Returning to his tent Shayne would gather his things, before exiting. "Hiya, will you and the others need help with clean up?"  

Noname 51

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:20 pm
Valac would take the sweet, place it in his mouth and crunch down on it with his molars.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:24 am
Kuori leaned in closer, "Studying you is exactly what Aria was doing. Do you really want to let this guy get a chance at learning to repeat what they did?"  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:23 pm
"Just because I follow a particular deity, doesn't mean my paladin duties ever come second," Revenge would retort, but then sigh.

"You two are probably right though. I don't know what's keeping Kuori, but I shouldn't wait any longer. You'll be all right on your own, Petra?"

After her response (assuming it is affirmative), Revenge would then ask the servant girl, Hiya, "Pardon me, may I help myself to some of those?" He would point to the yellow flowers he spotted a few minutes ago.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:46 pm
"I mean, some one who focused that much time into the study her teachings and yet, doesn't understand sometimes two parties fight because they do care of the other party. Like two old crows, all they do is fight and curse eachother. But, remove one and both are saddened." Shayne would smile, "Psychology was a course at the academy. And last night she said 'friend'"

"Hiya, you think our little Petra could come on to manor grounds?"  

Noname 51

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:32 am
At Kuori's question Abby looked nervously over at Kail but he still didn't seem to be paying any attention to him. She would then whisper back. "I don't sense any malevolence in Master Kail's intentions. He already commented on how he felt human experimentation was abhorrent. I think he is simply interested from an academic standpoint...though...the idea of being studied does make me feel a bit embarrassed. I don't know exactly yet what he has in mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Valac crunches down on the candy a sweet caramelly sensation hits his taste buds. It almost was a little sickeningly sweet but the fogginess from Valac mind did seem to clear up. (-1 penalty to REF removed) Selma produces a pen from her dress and begins to write down notes on a napkin while muttering to herself. Valac has no idea what she is muttering but it sounds like it has to do with magic and her medicine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya would first respond Shayne's off for assistance. "Oh, don't worry about it. Cleaning up is what we are paid to do." When asked about the flowers she would look a little confused. "Uh...sure! I don't think those are claimed by anyone. Just don't pick anything out of the gardens, they are the masters pride and joy. Your young lady friend is free to explore them though. They are meant toot be enjoyed after all."

Petra seemed a little surprised at Shayne asking about her on her behalf. She would look over at him but it was hard to tell too much with the way she kept her face hidden. "I-I suppose looking at the gardens would be more fun then hanging out here. I should be fine either way though. I'm not helpless."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:00 am
"Not once did that thought cross my mind. Quite the opposite, in fact, but we are travelling companions now. And that means we have to look out for eachother. From staying up late to craft healing potions, acting as the resting guardsman, Or seeing that the praised roses of a our host botonist are properly examined, scrutinized, and smelt." He would say to Petra, before giving a shrug. "If we don't have our backs, who will?"

"About ready, Rev?"  

Noname 51

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:11 am
Twyla sat cheerfully listening to Odessa's violin--an instrument Twyla would never master, due to her overall tininess--and felt a bit happier. Music always made her feel better overall.

She was surprised, though, to see Kuori come out onto the veranda, whereupon she sat near Abby and engaged her in close, whispered conversation.

Twyla was intrigued... but she so rarely got to listen to the violin that she couldn't quite bring herself to ignore it in favor of whatever the other women were saying. Twyla resolved silently to find out what it was immediately--or, well, after this song.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:33 pm
Noname 51
"I mean, some one who focused that much time into the study her teachings and yet, doesn't understand sometimes two parties fight because they do care of the other party. Like two old crows, all they do is fight and curse each other. But, remove one and both are saddened."

"Well, since even before I re-united with my wife, she's been going to great strides to protect Petra, even giving up everything she's worked for so far for Petra's sake. The last thing I wanted is for Petra to get hurt - or worse - because her paladin husband failed to protect Petra out of mere negligence."

"That's definitely one way of looking at it," Revenge would respond flatly to Shayne.

Heading over towards the flowers, he would pick enough to make a half-decent bouquet out of them. After completion, he would do one last scan of the area for Kuori.

"Did you really just abandon Petra? I pray that that's not the case," he would whisper to himself.

Returning to the others, Revenge would bow his head slightly in apology to Hiya and the other servants. "I'm sorry I did not eat much. I have a lot on my mind. Perhaps, under better circumstances, I could one day better enjoy the hard work you've poured into this food for us."

Turning to Shayne, he would nod that he was ready, before walking towards the gate; halberd in one hand, flowers in the other.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:12 pm
As Valac perked up from eating the medicinally magical candy he remembered the last experiment he was subject to and asked Selma, "So will this one have effects I won't feel till tomorrow?"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games