Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:52 pm
As Rampardos went down the students murmured among themselves, most of the comments about how Rampardos almost swept Indie's entire team, how if not for the Toxic Tristen would have three zero'd their foe. While he had his Pokemon knocked out the other students were instead more impressed with Tristen's skill as a trainer. Matteo however smirked when Rampardos went down, and not for reasons favorable to Tristen.

As Mienshao appeared the students began to talk among themselves again, many questions concerning what Pokemon it was, where was it native to, what type it was, and so on. Apparently none of them knew of Mienshao, some even assuming it was a Psychic type from its coloring and lithe frame. Perhaps it was a fluke that Rampardos was known of, maybe because it is studied as one of the few extinct but revived Fossil Pokemon. Mienshao has no such claim to fame. Either way Tristen certainly got a reaction this time, some students even taking out their Rotom phones to take pictures of it, Nemona one of them, her eyes almost sparkling with excitement.

Indie was also confused as to what they were seeing but they knew whatever it was it would knock their Revavroom out in short order and they had to at least try to do something about that. "...try to use-" Before Indie could even finish their sentence Mienshao almost seemed to teleport, moving from one end of the field to standing behind Revavroom. The Poison type's single eye would look to the side as if trying to see the Mienshao behind it, confused as to what just happened. The longest three seconds of silence would follow after Mienshao's strange proclamation, the silence broken by Revavroom cry of pain. The collected crowd all gasped in unison.

"Vroom!" It cried out before toppling over, falling to the ground and crumbling over, its single eye turned to a spiral and its tongue hanging out. Revavroom fainted and as it did Indie could do nothing more than stare confused, their jaw literally dropping as they tried to come to terms what just happened. The crowd went silent, almost everyone looking from the battle to Ms. Dendra, searching for answers.

"Uh...I-I don't..." Ms. Dendra stuttered a bit before realizing that Revavroom had fainted. It was shocking to see it happen so quick but she would pull herself back together and carry on. "Revavroom has fainted! Indie is out of usable Pokemon! Tristen is the winner! Congratulations!" Ms. Dendra declared, several students jumping to their feet and clapping for Tristen, Nemona one of them but certainly not Matteo.

Indie would simply recall their Pokemon, stashing the ball away and taking a long drag off their before walking up to Tristen from across the field. "...you're good...I need training...bye..." They simply said before offering Tristen a handshake. Once they were down Indie would walk off to the audience bleachers now that they were eliminated. They didn't seem too beat up about losing.

With one battle down Tristen would be instructed to return to the group of students still in the tournament and no sooner did he sit down did Nemona pounce, almost pushing someone out of their chair to sit by him. "What Pokemon was that!? Where did you get it from? What can it do?" Nemona said, bombarding him with questions, however a nearby staff member would order her to be quiet and return to her former seat, Nemona obeying reluctantly, the other student taking their seat back.

The selection for the next battle would come and as it turns out it would be his 'friend' Matteo, facing off against the student Tristen was introduced to by Penny, Camp. Both would take to the field and begin their battle with Camp releasing something called a Spidops against Matteo's strange new (to Tristen) bird called a Killowattrel. This wasn't a good match up for Camp, the Bug Catcher receiving possibly the worse opponent for his team in the first round. One thing Tristen would note is apparently this Spidops was a shiny, judging by the way it sparkled when it came out and the comments the students made. But it didn't matter, that bird of Matteo's was about to make short work of the spider.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:58 pm
SubonicXP

Amaranth and Clare would both be enjoying their lunch after two periods of class, the school day half over at this point. While the menu was largely limited to sandwiches and chips there was a wide variety of fillings and flavors to choose from. The entire lunch experience made one thing clear for them both and that is that Paldeans absolutely love sandwiches.

Clare would also have some company as a young boy would come up to the side of her and set their tray down on the table to her right. "Mind if I sit here?" The boy asked as he sat down, not really waiting for an answer. As he sat down he propped up on the side of the table a long bug net that he had been carrying on his back. "I'm Camp! Bug Catcher extraordinaire!" He said, smiling and almost forcefully shaking Clare's hand. The kid looked to be either twelve or thirteen, a young teenager. In spite of his youth he was apparently very sociable, unafraid to just go up to strangers. "You're the new girl I heard about, right? You're also very pretty!" Camp complimented her. "What's your name? Where are you from? Is everyone so pretty there?" He laughed.

Clare glanced at the kid as he sat down, continuing to flip through the encyclopedia for a moment before he had taken his seat. "Help yourself." They responded with a polite smile. It was a public cafeteria, after all. What harm could come from it?

And then the questions started, pulling them out of their attempt at research. "Camp, huh? That's an interesting name. You can call me Clare." They introduced themself, allowing the kid to shake their currently only hand before withdrawing it to continue absently flipping through the book in front of them as they tried to answer the questions asked of them."I'm not exactly a girl but yes, I'm probably the one you've heard about. I seem to get a lot of attention these days." Flipping another couple of pages in the next few seconds as they considered how best to answer the next question. "I'm not actually sure where I'm from or what the people there are like. I don't really have any memory of my time before Snagem took me in. They've been trying to help me figure that out but there's been no luck so far."

Flipping another page, their eyes grew wide. "This is it!" They exclaimed excitedly. momentarily forgetting about Camp as they grabbed their SNAG and snapped a picture of the page so they could read it after returning the book to the library. "Sorry! I've been looking for this since lunch break started." They apologized, returning their attention back to Camp. At least now they could find out more at their leisure.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:43 pm
SubonicXP
The selection for the next battle would come and as it turns out it would be his 'friend' Matteo, facing off against the student Tristen was introduced to by Penny, Camp. Both would take to the field and begin their battle with Camp releasing something called a Spidops against Matteo's strange new (to Tristen) bird called a Killowattrel. This wasn't a good match up for Camp, the Bug Catcher receiving possibly the worse opponent for his team in the first round. One thing Tristen would note is apparently this Spidops was a shiny, judging by the way it sparkled when it came out and the comments the students made. But it didn't matter, that bird of Matteo's was about to make short work of the spider.

Tristen made a sigh of relief when the Revaroom didn’t have it to stand up the likes of Mienshao’s Retaliate attack. After getting thoroughly tenderized by the likes of Rampardos’ skull, it probably was probably at its limit at any rate. “Nice going, Meinshao!” Tristen shouted.

“Shiooooo.” He shouted, running back over towards Tristen. Tristen gave an affectionate rub to Mienshao’s head and around the tears, giving thanks for coming in on a pinch such as that.

The two would then make their way over to Indie, meeting the opposing trainer out in the middle of the field. Being the good sport he was, he shook Indie’s hand. “Thanks. See you around.” He said to him. Though hopefully the next time he does see Indie, hopefully it would be without the vape. That was not kosher to a canine’s nose. It was like…stagnant maple syrup or something of that sort. Tristen would then make his way off to the bleachers, recalling Mienshao along the way to see about getting Rampardos ready for the next battle then, once done with that, back to the bleachers. Once he managed to sit down, he nearly leaped up back out of it from the surprise battle fanatic that is Nemona bombarding him with all manner of questions, namely about Mienshao. He didn’t want to answer that, and fortunately, someone pulled her away before he was forced to answer any one of those rapid fire questions.

Tristen sat by to wait on the next battles to come, watching what transpired on the field. Matteo was apparently now battling against that Camp guy that Penny introduced him to. The Pokémon however caught Tristen’s interest. Tristen would have never known anything about Spidops, let alone the fact that this one was shiny colored. The most he could assume that it was in fact a bug. The other one, however…got Tristen’s attention. Tristen started to then reassess Matteo’s mentality now that he sees the Pokemon he had in tow. A bird of some kind, a Flying type, clearly. Matteo trying to exploit weaknesses probably just as Tristen did with Indie. Though Tristen didn’t know much anything else about it, though he did feel a faint feel of electricity in the air that he couldn’t quite discern where it was coming from. Was it from the bird? He wasn’t positive about it. But perhaps he could watch and study up…he needed to figure out these Paldean Pokémon sooner as opposed to later.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:21 pm
The battle between Matteo and Camp was incredibly lopsided, just like Tristen and Indie's before it though Matteo would manage to do something Tristen didn't; defeat his foe without losing a single Pokemon. Like Indie before Camp had used all Bug Pokemon. After Spidops there was a Venomoth and after that a strange new Pokemon called a Rabsca. The first two Pokemon were no match for Matteo's Kilawattrel, both getting OHKO, however the Rabsca managed to survive a single blow however it all ended the same anyways. Upon defeat Camp laughed it off and congratulated Matteo with the hybrid giving the most lukewarm handshake in response, the teen eager to sit back down and wait for his next battle.

With Camp retreating to the audience bleachers and Matteo back with the challengers the other students talked amongst themselves about Matteo's victory, how many weren't surprised because apparently Matteo was known for being skilled but others felt like it was just a fluke because everyone knew Camp refused to use anything but Bug Pokemon. Matteo didn't listen to any of them nor give a reaction, instead he just stared at the battlefield, as if waiting for 'the moment' he was here for.

Several more battles would take place after Matteo's battle, all of them having more back and forth than Tristen and Matteo's battles, all except for Nemona's as she too managed to sweep her foe with her Goodra, the girl apparently not playing around. Of course no one was remotely surprised about her win, even her opponent appearing to have accepted defeat they were selected to face Nemona in battle.

Eventually the first round battles would wrap up and now sixteen trainers remained. With the first round done the match-ups for round two were set in stone. Looking at the bracket they now had up Tristen could see if he won his battle and B won his they would be facing each other in the third round and if everything went according to plan he might end up facing Matteo in the semi-finals with the winner of that no doubt facing Nemona in the finals. For now though he needed to focus on beating this trainer waiting for him on the other end of the battlefield, an older student, early twenties, named Barbara. One of the students he had joined Freth and the others in Ms. Raifort's little 'Path of Legends' expedition. She was also a participant in the World Champion Cup back in Galar with Team Alola so she definitely had a history of competitive Pokemon battles. She was also the one Amaranth 'stole' a certain artifact from.

"Don't worry, kid, I won't make it a big deal over who you are." Barbara grinned, knowing good and well the team Tristen belonged to. Whether or not she knew he was keeping that hush hush was up for debate, might just be playing with him by saying that. Without another word the white haired young woman would toss out a Pokeball release onto the field the undead Coral Pokemon, Cursola.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:00 pm
Tristen’s mouth quirked as Matteo’s Pokémon had its way with the three Pokémon belonging to Camp. Camp put himself at a severe disadvantage. Even if Camp wanted to stick true to his guns and stuck to bug types, there could have been better options than just three native Bug-type Pokémon that would end up folding to a Flying type in Paldea, wasn’t there? Wasn’t there at least a Scizor in these parts? Tristen didn’t know. One thing Tristen noted however was despite the odds, Matteo was putting effort into the battle as were his Pokémon. Fast and merciless. Such a observation turned into it being founded reasoning. Thanks to his canine hearing, he could make out a few comments; while there were those calling fluke on Matteo’s part given how the match-ups came out, others did mention that he was a pretty skilled battler on any other day.

Eventually Nemona would take the stage and just as with Matteo, no one was surprised that Nemona was dominant. Much to Tristen’s surprise, she had a Goodra in tow and it was putting on quite a show to Tristen. While he wasn’t getting excitable, he kept watch, looking for things to try to exploit should a battle happen between him and Nemona. She was apparently a champion for good reason and this Goodra was showing it. Just as with Matteo’s Killowatrell, the Goodra had no mercy. Probably all of Tristen’s Pokémon was going to have a bit of an issue. Mienshao might be able to do something about it – being taught Triple Axel courtesy of his brief time in the Kalos Region for instance. Unfortunately, was that enough to keep Nemona’s Goodra at bay? Probably not.

Tristen would finally come to the realization that his expectation of trying to sweep Matteo was rather unrealistic. While it was possible, if Matteo was in fact any good, he was going to put up a fight. At least, up until Dragonite if Fela is to be believed. Worse still, now that he saw the tourney standings by the round’s end, perhaps trying to keep Pokémon in reserve and cards super close to the chest was perhaps unrealistic of him now that he got to thinking about it. Just one Toxic attack derailed everything; who the heck knows what else was in this tournament. Tristen might have had the leg up on everyone when it came to battling experience and other matters – that wasn’t to insinuate they were no less of a threat in competition. There is that chance where just to stay in the competition, he would have to release Dragonite to take over to save the day if push came to shove. He would need to get through his next opponent, then if his math checks out, would have to possibly face Brooks if he wins his battle, and as Indie showed, they could possibly be capable of anything. For all that Tristen was setting out to do, trying to see to it that he needed to give Matteo an ego check, Tristen found himself with one. Tristen felt a bit ashamed to have thought that he could go on like this. While he and his Pokémon was going to give it the 100% like he intended on, he needed to understand that things weren’t going to be that easy all the way through. He needed to just enjoy himself…well, at least until Matteo at any rate. Matteo was probably going to suck any joy out of the competition.

Tristen would wait around, continue spectating the battles until he was once again called to take center stage. He would get up and started his way off for the field. Upon making it there, he was ready to try to make this a good battle, but hesitated for a second before releasing his Pokémon. What did she mean by that? Wait, does she know? Who the heck is she? The Pokémon she released was also a point in contention. He knew what it was and saw a little of what it could do earlier last round, but truthfully, that was the extent of Tristen’s experience with a Cursola. He knew at the very least it was a Ghost Pokémon of some kind. Tristen didn’t know exactly what to do…if they were anything like Corsola back in Hoenn, then Rampardos might not have a nice time with it. Yea, he could Bulldoze it as he does, but was that going to be enough? Tristen wasn’t sure. Mienshao wasn’t probably too keen on fighting a Ghost type either. While Mienshao had a couple of Dark type attacks; Tristen wasn’t sure if that would be enough to get him through either. And he didn’t want to send out Dragonite right away against a Pokémon he knew almost nothing about. Conversely, his opponent might know how to deal with each and every one of his, which unnerved him a little.

Tristen just had to take a guess at this point and hope for the best. “Go! Mienshao!” he shouted, tossing the ball out and having it land on the field. In a flash, once again, the Mienshao takes center stage for Tristen.

“Shiioo!” Mienshao howled out, giving a gentle wave of its arms, its fur that dangled flickered like silk as it readied itself in a battle position.

“Alright, Mienshao!” Tristen called out. At this point, start of strong, see where it goes. Adjust from there. Just as he has done before. “Knock Off!”

“The Mienshao started to rush for the opposing Cursola and went for the attack. It leaped up and gathered a dark-infused power in the palm of its hand and as it completed its flip went down to strike the Cursola.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:23 am
SubonicXP
As Amaranth enjoyed her meal a student sitting next to her would lean towards her and try and sneak a peak at her SNAG, or at least what she was doing on it. When the student noticed that Amaranth had become aware of their peaking they pulled back and flashed her a smile. "Sorry...I've just never seen a Rotom phone like that...is it one, isn't it?" They asked her, taking a second glance at the SNAG. "I'm being rude, I didn't even introduce myself! I'm Miranda, or Mimi as my friends call me. Nice to meet you." The young woman said with a smile, extending a hand to Amaranth. She looked to be about sixteen with sun kissed long brown hair and amber eyes. Her tanned complexion indicated that she spent a lot of time outside. "You're new here, right? You're not from Paldea, are you?" She asked.

"...excuse me?" Amaranth asked after a bit, lifting her head. The flash of.... something, or more accurately someone, kept crossing the corner of her eye, and she'd finally stopped her scrolling. Followed by it came the smile from the one who introduced herself as Miranda, and in the moment, there was some relief that what was visible wasn't anything sensible. "Er, I guess it's kinda like one? Doesn't use a Rotom, though... it's complicated." She hoped it'd be enough of an explanation, given how she was using the SNAG at the moment and the introduction serving as a good excuse to keep the subject there. Maybe.

"Oh, um, likewise. My name's Amaranth, but there's a couple that's called me Ammy. I've only been here a couple of days, kinda more from Orre if anything. I'm guessing you're native, or...?"  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:54 am
The Dark energy infused palm strike would rock Cursola's world, the impact of the Knock Off great enough to send the main body of the Cursola, the 'head', flying out of its construct with a string of itself still connected. The blow powerful but not enough for a OHKO. The flying head would suddenly cease its flight, pausing in midair and grin. As Mienshao pulled its hand away it would find its palm still connected to the ectoplasm that made up Cursola's body, the ectoplasm stretching out with Mienshao. With a ghostly cackle the head would fly back into its body and yank away its ectoplasm off of Mienshao and leave with it a feeling of impending doom as Mienshao was now cursed to perish in due time thanks to Cursola's Perish Body ability. Barbara wasn't going to say a word about it, but she did wonder if Tristen would notice what happened.

"What a devastating blow. I don't think my friend will be in this battle for long. Cursola, let's make them work for it, use Confuse Ray." The woman ordered. Her Cursola would let out a terrible wail before unleashing a blinding flash of light from its core, attempting to confuse its foe. Barbara's goal here was to make it difficult for Tristen to recall his Pokemon and difficult for Mienshao to convey to its trainer that something was wrong, regardless if Tristen knew about Perish Body or not. Even if Mienshao fought through the confusion at first and knocked out Cursola right here it didn't matter, she still bought time and might even create an opening for the next Pokemon.  
Blizzard120 rolled 1 100-sided dice: 30 Total: 30 (1-100)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:24 am
“Me-Shio?” Mienshao spoke up, staring at its arm then the rest of him as the ectoplasm like overtook it then gets taken away in almost an instant. None of it actually hurt, but there was a sense of dread that came over it and he didn’t know or understand why.

“Mienshao? What’s wrong!?” Tristen shouted.

“Shio?”

Tristen wasn’t sure what was going on. “Mienshao, forget it! We got to keep up with the attack!”

Before the two would have any opportunity to however, the Curseola retaliated, unleashing a harsh flash that dazzled the fighting type. “Meee-shiiiiiooooo…” He moaned out, now unsteady on his feet, seeing practically stars and birds circle about it. The

“Oh no…Mienshao, try to get through it! Try using another Knock Off! Take it out!!” Tristen said. Much to his chagrin, Mienshao didn’t have much in the way of trying to rid itself of its confusion. If push came to shove, he could try to get Mienshao to U-Turn out of battle, but that was still going to depend on how potent the Curseola’s Confuse Ray was.

The Mienshao would shake its head then recklessly lunge out, trying to go after the Curseola with another dark-infused palm strike. But as it lunged out at one of the many copies of Curseola that it thought it was seeing, it ended up striking ground and face planting, hurting itself in confusion.

Confusion Check - Hurts self in confusion (1 - 33)

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:16 pm
Both Cursola and Barbara just swung at the either, neither one of them capable of seeing the duplicate that Mienshao was seeing in its confusion. This was exactly the opportunity Barbara was looking for. It was time for them to set the stage for her next Pokemon and to continue to cause problems for Mienshao. "Now Cursola, bring the Sandstorm!" The white haired woman commanded her Pokemon.

With a cry Cursola would unleash a burst of ghost energy which harmlessly swept over the field and became absorbed into the soil at their feet. Next thousands upon thousands of dirt particles would rise up into the air, possessed by this energy, suspended in place for but a second before they began to fly around the field wildly and at great speeds thus creating a Sandstorm. Of course the Sandstorm would harm Cursola as well, but she knew her Coral Pokemon could handle at least one round of this grating wind and if it took the Cursola down that was okay as her next Pokemon was coming in to very favorable conditions.  
Blizzard120 rolled 2 100-sided dice: 27, 95 Total: 122 (2-200)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:28 pm
As Mienshao managed to get back up on its feet, trying to shake the stars and confusion that swirled about it, Tristen stared in confusion for a moment. She had every opportunity to shut down Mienshao, but instead she’s choosing to stall out? Tristen’s training once again started to kick in. He was starting to get suspicious. There had to be something else. Her next Pokémon, perhaps? Who knows. He needed to get a handle on it. He needed to get Mienshao back now. With the confusion, however, it was easier said than done. Worse, even if he did get Mienshao out of there, what isn't to say that Rampardos was going to be subjected to the same fate as Mienshao just now? As far as what Tristen could see, he had to try to play it safe if he could. He couldn't afford to lose Mienshao now.

“Mienshao! U-Turn!” Tristen commanded.

The command made Meinshao’s ear flicker but it was about all it was accomplishing at the moment. He tried to get a mark on the Curseola, trying to line up a shot, then went for it. A neon-green aura started to form and once again, Mienshao went on the attack, not to take out his foe, but now to go on the retreat. In spite of the confusion that wanted to keep an iron-grip on Mienshao, the fighting type would ram right into the ghost Pokemon and gave a hard flip off the top of its head. In mid-air, the neon green aura turns red and Mienshao would find itself retreating back into its Pokeball.

Tristen sighed in relief just then, stashing the Pokeball, but right at the moment, this was a big tempo loss for him. And he had no idea what was going to be waiting on him if he sent out his next Pokemon. And unlike Mienshao, his two other Pokemon in reserve did not have the means to escape. He had to make the most of this. "Rampardos! Go!" he then called out.

The second Pokeball landed on the field and out came the the mighty dinosaur out for battle in the scouring sandstorm. "BAAA-WA!" he roared out as he was released. He would bash his head into the ground, psyching itself up once more, but stopped himself once he noticed something odd. The Rampardos would look around, noting the odd weather suddenly somewhat confused. Wasn't it sunny earlier?

Confusion Check - (1st Dice, Even - Confusion Cure; if no cure, 2nd dice: 1-33 confusion damage)  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:53 pm
While her plan didn't go exactly as intended she could still work with the change in circumstance very well. With an amused scoff she called out to her Pokemon. "Cursola, why don't you take a nibble off their spirit and use Giga Drain." Barbara ordered her Coral Pokemon.

As soon as Rampardos appeared from its ball the Cursola would let out a ghoulish wail, its ectoplasm glowing green, beckoning forth some of Rampardos' health in the form of green orbs which would bubble up from the dinosaur's skin and fly towards Cursola where it would then be absorbed into the main body. While dealing damage to the Rock type Cursola would also heal itself and avoid the inevitable knock out from the Sandstorm damage that would soon come. With the Giga Drain finished the Sandstorm would rack across the body of Cursola dealing a small amount of damage.

Her Pokemon was still in this, she was going to make the most of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:36 pm
Tristen was caught off guard completely by the sudden Giga Drain that the Cursola unleashed. The Rock Pokémon yelped out and effectively crumpled over from the sudden draining attack. Even with the Sandstorm buffering any manner of drainage, Rampardos’s stamina was still sucked down almost like an invigorating smoothie. “Rampardos!” Tristen shouted. Tristen started to kick himself suddenly; he was trying to play it safe and keep Mienshao in the fight and instead it was Rampardos now in jeopardy. He couldn’t lament on it however. This wasn’t helping him nor Rampardos. He really needed to take this thing out fast and keep whatever advantage he had…if there was one. “Rampardos! Crunch attack!” Tristen shouted.

Rampardos ended up having to push himself a bit but he managed to get back on his feet. Giving a roar, he made the reckless charge, once again empowered by his Sheer Force capabilities and the Life Orb giving the rampaging dino even more of a boost. While the attack wasn’t part of Rampardos’s usual wheel house of just bashing things with his head until the foe was thoroughly concussed, the dino did have a pretty powerful bite too. The couches Tristen had to save in the Snagem headquarters because of it since it was a tiny Cranidos.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:57 pm
That was it for Cursola, the undead coral Pokemon finally going down as Rampardos rushed in and delivered an absolutely devastating Crunch attack upon the Ghost type, doing enough damage to OHKO a full health Cursola three times over. No kill like overkill, right? "That...looks like it hurt..." Was all Barbara could say as the ectoplasm construct shattered in Rampardos' jaws and the round body hit the ground and rolled up to the woman's feet, Cursola knocked out cold. The woman would take out the Pokemon's ball and recall it, making a mental note to get Cursola checked out for any lasting damage but then again it was a Ghost Pokemon.

"Maybe it's time I used something a little more my specialty." Barbara declared as she tossed a Heavy Ball out, the device burst opening to reveal a floating Probopass, a little red balloon attached to its head, an Air Balloon. Don't Probopass float naturally? Best not to question this, dear reader. "Probopass, Earth Power." The woman simply commanded.

With a moan Probopass would wave its mini noses around, its body giving off a slight glow as it drew power from the Sandstorm, a small twister of sand forming around it as it attacked as its Sand Force ability activated. Probopass would send a healthy amount of Ground energy into the ground beneath it which would then travel underground and erupt forth underneath Rampardos, heating up rock and other minerals along the way as it burst forth from the cracked ground in a magma-like fashion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:30 pm
SubonicXP
With a moan Probopass would wave its mini noses around, its body giving off a slight glow as it drew power from the Sandstorm, a small twister of sand forming around it as it attacked as its Sand Force ability activated. Probopass would send a healthy amount of Ground energy into the ground beneath it which would then travel underground and erupt forth underneath Rampardos, heating up rock and other minerals along the way as it burst forth from the cracked ground in a magma-like fashion.

Tristen could only give a sigh of relief once Rampardos managed to make short work of the Cursola. Though he could have wished that Rampardos managed to not take the kind of damage he did from the likes of a Giga Drain attack from that thing. The pressure was on, to say the least. This person seemed to be of a higher caliber as far as what he could tell. She wasn’t screwing around. He wasn’t going to last long if he kept trying to do something too fancy in order to keep some semblance of secrecy to himself.

Once the Probopass hit the field, however, it started to make sense just what she was trying to accomplish. Tristen knew very well this Pokémon at least. The cover and stall tactics, it was meant for this Pokémon. She wanted to try to cripple Mienshao, if not outright take it out so the Pokémon wasn’t all that much of a threat to Probopass. The problems only gotten deeper once she made her attack command. “Rampardos! Look out!”

“BA-WA!?” Rampardos looked down at his feet as the attack was unleashed. The dino’s eyes went wide as the ground heated up then exploded with ground-type fury, blasting the dino head over heels and having it land on the ground with a resounding thud. Rampardos struggled once again to get up.

“Rampardos, come on, you can do this!” he shouted. He knew that Rampardos has taken considerably worse, but then again, has he? The time in Snagem was rough, there was no doubt. But then it perhaps raised the question of who this person actually was. If she had been around the block like he was starting to suspect, then it could stand to reason that her Pokémon were a lot stronger than he given them credit for. The only thought he had in mind was hope for Rampardos to get up so he could command an Endeavor attack. Such an attack would pierce the Probopass’s defenses and perhaps set up for Mienshao to finish it off and still leave the advantage to Tristen for the time being. If Rampardos didn’t get Giga Drained earlier, maybe such a notion was possible, but right now it was looking severely dire. It looked as if Rampardos was about to stand back up, but then he fell right back over. It was clear as day, Rampardos was done in this battle. “Rampardos, it’s okay, come back now!” he said, recalling the fallen dino back to the ball.

Tristen would then take out Mienshao’s Pokeball once again and gave it a toss out. Once the ball popped open, Mienshao appeared on the field. “Mee-shooo!” It spoke up, only to stop itself as it tried to shield itself from the sandstorm that started to scour every inch of the lithe fighting type. The good news was that it seemed that whatever was ailing Mienshao was over with. Unfortunately, Tristen had to deal with a massive floating head in the middle of a sandstorm that was threatening to take more than its fur coat. Tristen had to play this smart. He needed decisive strikes on this Probopass. He was sure that Mienshao could take it, but one screw up was going to put Mienshao back in a compromising position. First off, he had to get in… “Meinshao! Fake Out!” Tristen shouted.

“Sho!” The Mienshao rushed deep into the sandstorm, right for the floating Probopass. The Mienshao quickly started juking around, its steps quick and light. Then the fighting type stepped in, giving one mighty slap to the floating steel head, right between the eyes.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:23 pm
Probopass would let out a series of metallic chimes as the Mienshao zigged and zagged through the Sandstorm, the magnetic Pokemon trying to keep up with where it was going but found it hard to do so. The Compass Pokemon was then caught completely off guard by the sudden slap to the face, barely feeling the impact but was taken aback all the same, the Pokemon flinching from the sheer audacity of this furry creature. It actually slapped it. How can they slap?

"...well, that happened." Barbara commented, then quickly realizing Tristen's plan here. "You're a clever boy, aren't you? A very talented young trainer indeed. Yes, she must be proud of you." She said, giving Tristen a knowing smile. Was she referring to Freth? Had to be. "Probopass, pull yourself together, of foe here won't be satisfied with just slapping." She warned her Pokemon, the Probopass slowly but surely regaining its wits as it began to look around confused, trying to find Mienshao again, its mini noses darting around it.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff