Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]: Games
lol giveaway [No prizes for a while lol.] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boo.
Boo.
100%
 100%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 20

`King Spork` rolled 5 20-sided dice: 15, 6, 1, 10, 14 Total: 46 (5-100)

`King Spork`

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
pyong! rolled 5 20-sided dice: 5, 1, 15, 8, 19 Total: 48 (5-100)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:58 pm
@Yume: Thanks! I'd like to say it's ok and that you needn't pity me, but right now even I'm pittying me and if it were someone else in this situation, I'd seriousl want them to take it, so I'll accept. Thanks. heart

@Savina: I haven't heard of it either. Is it new?  

pyong!

Savina rolled 5 20-sided dice: 1, 3, 8, 4, 2 Total: 18 (5-100)

Savina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:58 pm
Pharaoh Hounds: http://www.pharaoh-hound.net/dogs.html
That's the breeder I'm trying to get one from.
The mask Anubis wore was based on the head of these dogs.

And no, not new. One of the oldest pure breeds of dogs.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:01 pm
@Pyong: Sent trade. I'm not uber rich, so it's nothing expensive... but I hope you like it anyway. ^^

@Savina: Ooh, they look aweomse. razz They're so skinny. >w<

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Corelia

Savina rolled 5 20-sided dice: 17, 12, 12, 1, 9 Total: 51 (5-100)

Savina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:03 pm
They are, but I really like them. They're really smart, fun, and gentle. Plus, they're rather small but still sturdy.  
Corelia rolled 5 20-sided dice: 20, 2, 9, 6, 6 Total: 43 (5-100)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:06 pm
When are you getting your puppy?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Corelia

Savina rolled 5 20-sided dice: 2, 5, 11, 9, 9 Total: 36 (5-100)

Savina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:08 pm
I don't know. The breeder doesn't have any listings about new litters any time soon. This one is really close to me, so I've been looking around. They cost about $700-1000, so if I have to get one shipped, it's still only a small portion of the dog's cost, LOL.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:12 pm
@Savina: I hope you can get one soon. They look cool.

@Yume: Thanks again sweatdrop  

pyong!

Savina rolled 5 20-sided dice: 1, 20, 16, 17, 19 Total: 73 (5-100)

Savina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:14 pm
I love the Simpsons. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:20 pm
@Pyong: No problem! 3nodding

@Savina: eek they must be really rare to be that expensive..

Corelia

Savina rolled 5 20-sided dice: 10, 11, 5, 17, 4 Total: 47 (5-100)

Savina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:23 pm
Not really rare. Just really well bred.
Fortunately, they've never gotten the attention of puppy mills, so they all come from breeders who can trace the lineage really far back and do all sorts of tests and whatnot to only breed in the best and healthiest.

And... by the way... $700-1000 is the cost for a PET quality one. Meaning their markings make them ineligble for breeding or because they don't fit breed standards, and are neutered or spayed before you get them so you cannot breed them.

Show/breed quality ones are over 2k.  
Corelia rolled 5 20-sided dice: 15, 8, 18, 15, 16 Total: 72 (5-100)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:28 pm
Well, it's good to know that you're going to get healthy pet. 3nodding

2k? Man, that's crazy! @.@ Those one's must be really well bred, then. O_O

Corelia

Savina rolled 5 20-sided dice: 12, 11, 10, 19, 18 Total: 70 (5-100)

Savina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:30 pm
Definitely. It's why we're willing to spend that much, partially. We LOVE the breed, but also, they're extremely healthy.  
pyong! rolled 5 20-sided dice: 19, 3, 4, 9, 15 Total: 50 (5-100)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:31 pm
Wow, that's insane. eek
It's kind of sad though. It's not fair to let some unnatural source declare what is a good or bad quality in a dog. I mean, if they're gonna do that then what's the point of natural selection?
It also causes defects like in pugs and dalmatians. I forgot what the problem with dalmatians is, but the gene that makes their spots causes it. And with pugs, because they keep trying to make the snout/face smaller and flatter, it can't see very well and runs into walls.
Poor puppies! cry  

pyong!

Savina rolled 5 20-sided dice: 1, 17, 6, 4, 7 Total: 35 (5-100)

Savina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:34 pm
pyong!
Wow, that's insane. eek
It's kind of sad though. It's not fair to let some unnatural source declare what is a good or bad quality in a dog. I mean, if they're gonna do that then what's the point of natural selection?
It also causes defects like in pugs and dalmatians. I forgot what the problem with dalmatians is, but the gene that makes their spots causes it. And with pugs, because they keep trying to make the snout/face smaller and flatter, it can't see very well and runs into walls.
Poor puppies! cry

Except that they breed out health defects. Well bred dogs are healthy dogs.
Dalmations are an example of poorly bred dogs, and people KEEP breeding them, even with the bad health traits, hence the reason they are constantly ill.
The point of good breeding is to keep the dogs as healthy as possible.
Natural selection does play it's part. In the wild, the biggest, strongest, most dominant male is the one who breeds, passing on his genes. The weak animals die off, and never breed.
So, really, it's just like what breeders do.  
[MADG]: Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff