Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:07 am
Amy's eyes widened and then she relaxed. She breathed out a sigh of relief. "Oh. Okay, good. I was really worried there for a moment."

She looked back at Sakura. "But you haven't been this relaxed in a long time? Man... Sakura, that sucks. I'm so glad this place helps you to find that relaxation, though. Everything in the park is open 24/7, so you feel free to come here anytime you need to. You know, I just thought this garden would be something pretty and provide some fun and light relaxation for people, but I had no idea it could prove to be this helpful. I'm so, so glad. I'm so glad this is helping you, Sakura. You know... maybe you should create something we could put in here, if you wanted to of course. I don't know what, but maybe something just to kind of leave your mark here. That way, it could feel like another home to you, possibly."

Thistle nuzzled Sakura's hand, trying to comfort her.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 am
She gave a giggle and petted Thistle with a smile "It's quite alright, it already feels like a second home. It just caught me by surprise was all. I'm so used to being guarded is all, I'm usually only this relaxed at home also so I think it's likely I'll be here as much as I can when I'm not at home" she said happily.  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:15 am
Amy grinned brightly and then leaned over and hugged Sakura. "I'm very glad."

After a few moments, Amy pulled back and smiled at Sakura. "Well, we can stay here if you want or we can go down one of these paths further into the garden. Either is fine with me."  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:17 am
Sakura picked Thistle up and placed her gently on he ground once more "Well I say we take a look around, it's so new I can't help but feel curious and want to take a look at what's been done to the place" she said with a soft smile and a curl in her tail  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:33 am
Amy grinned and stood up quickly. "Great! Well, let's head down..."

Before Amy could pick, Thistle went shooting down the second pathway toward the back.

Amy sighed and shook her head ruefully. "Alright, then... Apparently we follow Thistle."

She laughed slightly and then walked with Sakura in the direction Thistle was running off in.

The pathway wound around at certain points, and at some spots, there was an exotic flower or plant set against the leafy walls.

After a few moments, they arrived in a larger open area that had a brown stone circular pathway in the center of it. It curled around and into itself, almost like what the beginning of the yellow brick road looked like in the Wizard of Oz. However, this one was deep brown, and the edges of the paths were separated by strips of grass and long-stemmed flowers. However, the flowers were more of an enhancement rather than a focal point here. And a few stones had inscriptions in them.

"This is the walking path. I have read about it before, and people can come and walk along it, finding inspiration or a sense of serenity. There are inspirational quotes carved into some of the stones. It's a great place to just walk and hear your own thoughts in the quiet of this area."  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 am
She giggled and nodded as she listened to the information as they walked along. "Well it seems like Thistle has some idea in mind for us. It's a lovely place though and you can see the effort that went into making it also" she said cheerfully as she continued along the path with Amy as they made their way after Thistle  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:45 am
Amy smiled proudly. "Thank you. I had been looking at magazines and websites since this winter trying to decide what all I wanted. The staff here worked tirelessly to help, too. Heavy lifting was required for a lot of these plants. I may be able to lift things with my power over wind, but I didn't want to do that with the trees and possibly knock off leaves or branches. That just wasn't a good option. I love our staff here."

Thistle walked around some of the circular path and then quickly grew bored and ran back to Amy and Sakura. She squeaked up at them and then ran to the archway in the back of the area. She waited for Amy and Sakura to catch up, though, before she ran through it.

After a few moments, they came to a smaller area that had a small koi pond in it with stone squares along the edge. There were a couple of benches and even a couple of hammocks. One hammock was in an area the sunlight touched while the other hammock was under the shade of a tree.

"This is where people can come and take a nap at."  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 am
Sakura wandered over to the pond and looked as the large fish swam inside lazily "This place sure is peaceful...was a good idea to have this rest area too I think, a nap spot is a wonderful idea" she said cheerfully as she turned an wandered back a little to take a better look at the area. "Those hammocks look comfortable too. Looks like you thought of every angle to me" she added with a giggle  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 am
Amy laughed and went and sat sideways in one of the hammocks, the one in the shade. "Thank you. I hope I did. We have a comment box at the main desk, though, in the entrance building. So, hopefully people will use that if they think something should be added to the garden. Also, it's very hard to get lost in here. I didn't show you the sign out front near the entrance to the garden, but it has images of flowers on the sign that represent whether you're going deeper into the garden or coming out of it."

She pointed toward the archway they had come through. "See that orange tropical-looking flower plant by the archway we just came through? Those are by every side of the archway that leads out of the garden. So, if we were wanting to leave, we'd find the orange flower and use that archway, continuing that until we were out."

She pointed in the other direction toward the other archway where a bright blue flower was located. "Then, on the other side of the archways is a blue flower. If you see a blue flower near the archway, you go through that to get deeper into the garden. The pixies also know about this system. So, if one of those flowers ever dies or is picked by a customer, then they'll know it and quickly grow another one."  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 am
She nodded as she listened "Sounds like a good system too, simple to understand and follow. I'm sure this place will be a hit" she said taking a seat on the hammock in the sun. "You never know, it may become quite the attraction too" she added with a giggle. "Either way it's a beautiful place to rest and relax" she said as she swung a little enjoying the scenery.  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:05 am
Thistle huffed with impatience as she saw Amy and Sakura sit down. How could they just sit like that when there was so much to explore?! But she knew better than to make a fuss, so she simply waited, her tail flicking impatiently.

Amy, on the other hand, loved just sitting down and relaxing. "I hope it is. I think people kind of forgot about this place as it went under repair after the fire and then was made ready for the warmer months. I hope more people stop by AS and then find out about this garden. They just have to know it's here. Which, again, I'm very thankful that you'll be telling others about it. I also hope the art exhibit areas will draw people into AS, too."  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 am
She nodded with a soft smile "I'm sure they will all come and take a look at least, there's been so much work and new things being set up around town here that it'll be a matter of time before they make their way here and enjoy themselves" she said as she got to her feet and stretched. "Well I should go let them know about the garden and head home to get some rest" she said feeling a little disappointed she had to leave so soon. "Sorry I can't stay to play Thistle, you'll have to show me around the garden next time I see you" she added with a giggle. "I'll also bring my little one along to enjoy itself too" she said with a giggle  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 am
Amy nodded. "I hope so, too."

When Sakura stood up, stretched and said she had to leave, Amy got up, too, but looked disappointed. "Aww. It sucks you have to leave, but it's so great you got to see this and found it so relaxing! I'm really glad you'll be back and that we'll have our morning brainstorming sessions! If you have pictures of your house and where you want the garden, you might want to bring those, too."

She hugged Sakura. "You have a safe trip home and you call me if you need help with anything. I've even got a spare house here in town if you need to hide from the military in a place they'd never think to look for you at."

She squeezed Sakura lightly once more and then pulled back. She grinned at her friend. "I can't wait to see you again."

Thistle came over and rubbed lightly against Sakura's leg. Then, she squeaked softly up at her. "Bye!"

She was already looking forward to meeting the new creature Sakura said she'd bring over for Thistle to play with!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:22 am
She nodded happily and gave Thistle one last scratch behind the ear before she offered a friendly wave "I'll be sure to let you know if anything comes up" she said as she turned and ran off back out of the garden happily and enjoying the scenery before she had to return home after dropping into MW to let the others know.  

SakuraTheBlueTiger

Tipsy Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:07 am
Amy was outside of the garden helping set up the small drink bar near the archway entrance. It just had simple drinks like water, juice, lemonade, fruity virgin cocktails... Okay, maybe that last one wasn't completely simple, but none of these drinks took up that much space to make. It was a large bar like the one in the pool. This one served its one purpose: to provide convenience for patrons who wanted to spend time in the garden.

The magazines Amy had brought for her and Sakura's first brainstorming session were in a canvas bag she had set off to the side of the path on the other side.

Thistle, meanwhile, was drinking some lemonade from a bowl Amy and the new bartender for the garden had made for her.

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games