Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
GGSA Hangout Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:49 pm
Taeryyn
Noire Samhain
Taeryyn
Well, this one has green on it. xp My other option would be something neon, I think.

Looks nice, kind of steampunk-y yum_puddi

Thanks. ^^

Unrelated: I'm a bit of a language nerd, and I've been curious about your username. Is there a reason why you chose "noire" instead of "noir"?

Noire was the first way I saw the word spelled (On the cover of the video game L.A. Noire) and it looks more like a name to me. Plus an old username was Le Noire Marionette, and people called me Noire.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:09 pm
Noire Samhain
Taeryyn
Noire Samhain
Taeryyn
Well, this one has green on it. xp My other option would be something neon, I think.

Looks nice, kind of steampunk-y yum_puddi

Thanks. ^^

Unrelated: I'm a bit of a language nerd, and I've been curious about your username. Is there a reason why you chose "noire" instead of "noir"?

Noire was the first way I saw the word spelled (On the cover of the video game L.A. Noire) and it looks more like a name to me. Plus an old username was Le Noire Marionette, and people called me Noire.

Ah, I see. Cool. ^^ After a (stupid) spur of the moment decision, my username was Ciel avec Cafeine for a while. But, the last word looked silly without the correct accent on the e, so I switched it back to Taeryyn. People continued to call me Ciel for ages, though, and I didn't particularly enjoy it, haha.

The reason I asked is because it's the feminine form of the adjective, so you would normally only use it when describing a feminine noun. It also usually comes after the noun it's describing.

So, for example, marionnette is feminine, so "The Black Marionette" would translate to "La Marionnette Noire".
A masculine noun, such as chat (cat) would be "Le Chat Noir".  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 pm
Taeryyn

Ah, I see. Cool. ^^ After a (stupid) spur of the moment decision, my username was Ciel avec Cafeine for a while. But, the last word looked silly without the correct accent on the e, so I switched it back to Taeryyn. People continued to call me Ciel for ages, though, and I didn't particularly enjoy it, haha.

The reason I asked is because it's the feminine form of the adjective, so you would normally only use it when describing a feminine noun. It also usually comes after the noun it's describing.

So, for example, marionnette is feminine, so "The Black Marionette" would translate to "La Marionnette Noire".
A masculine noun, such as chat (cat) would be "Le Chat Noir".

I leaned that after I chose the username, lol. By then I had racked up 100k for the cost of a name change to correct it to La Marionnette Noire, so I just kept it. French was never my forte, but I love the sound of it.
Ciel avec Cafeine... I know it's probably because it looks like caffeine, I picture coffee, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm
Noire Samhain
I leaned that after I chose the username, lol. By then I had racked up 100k for the cost of a name change to correct it to La Marionnette Noire, so I just kept it. French was never my forte, but I love the sound of it.
Ciel avec Cafeine... I know it's probably because it looks like caffeine, I picture coffee, lol.

It's my second language. blaugh I'm ambivalent about the sound of it, but I enjoyed learning it. Ciel avec Cafeine doesn't make much sense, though, and it was sort of an inside joke. It means "sky with caffeine", technically, but it's essentially gibberish.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:38 pm
Taeryyn

It's my second language. blaugh I'm ambivalent about the sound of it, but I enjoyed learning it. Ciel avec Cafeine doesn't make much sense, though, and it was sort of an inside joke. It means "sky with caffeine", technically, but it's essentially gibberish.

I don't quite have a second language. I'm learning Spanish (Donde esta la biblioteca? whee ) but am horrible at it. I honestly wanted to learn Japanese instead, but my school cut down on it's language programs a lot. Sky with caffeine... the french version sounds like some fancy drink, haha. Now I know what my friend Ciel's name means too... he never knew what it meant.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:48 pm
Noire Samhain
I don't quite have a second language. I'm learning Spanish (Donde esta la biblioteca? whee ) but am horrible at it. I honestly wanted to learn Japanese instead, but my school cut down on it's language programs a lot. Sky with caffeine... the french version sounds like some fancy drink, haha. Now I know what my friend Ciel's name means too... he never knew what it meant.

French is mandatory from grades 4 to 9 in my home province, but I didn't really learn it until I took an immersion program in university. 3nodding My elementary and high schools were both really small (45 people in my grad class), so they didn't offer any other languages. I can read Spanish to some extent because of its similarity to French, but I don't really understand spoken Spanish at all. The odd word here and there, that's it.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:23 pm
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
I wish I could just find a few that match enough to make an avi.Maybe I just haven't put enough work into it.

What kind of avi are you looking for?

I don't even know anymore. I pretty much gave up and just use the few I have.

Well whatever you're doing, it's working.

Thanks, I have 5 that I cycle through. Most of them use a majority of the same items

I've only got the three at the moment, usually four but I'm between avis at the moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:37 pm
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
I wish I could just find a few that match enough to make an avi.Maybe I just haven't put enough work into it.

What kind of avi are you looking for?

Thanks, I have 5 that I cycle through. Most of them use a majority of the same items

I've only got the three at the moment, usually four but I'm between avis at the moment.

I have a 7 total but I really don't like it the others so I don't use it too often unless someone specifically asks for them.
I usually just throw things together and hope for the the best.  

Demmonic

Devoted Bloodsucker

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:03 am
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic

I have a 7 total but I really don't like it the others so I don't use it too often unless someone specifically asks for them.
I used to do that and collect random items but now I have focused avis.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:25 pm
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic

I mean I have a general idea when I make it, just dont sit and plan every single thing.  

Demmonic

Devoted Bloodsucker

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm
Do you guys have any go-to items that you find you use over and over again? Or any favourite items in general?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm
Taeryyn
Do you guys have any go-to items that you find you use over and over again? Or any favourite items in general?

I use yemaya's pearls' white skin as my base for every avi. I also add on Plague noir for every just because I like rats.  

Demmonic

Devoted Bloodsucker

Meliodis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:01 pm
Taeryyn

I pretty much always use my keido, katana, and headphones. What about you?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic

I mean I have a general idea when I make it, just dont sit and plan every single thing.
I generally mess around on tektek when I get bored.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Demmonic

Devoted Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:57 pm
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic
XrosHeartless
Demmonic

I generally mess around on tektek when I get bored.

I can't I get bored too fast on it.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games