Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 am
User Image

User Image

First Year Ravenclaw

"Well, it is nice to meet you Rona" Joseph said to the girl and sat beside her were she gestured.

He was feeling confident, and talking to people made him shy, but for some reason, being at Hogwarts, seemed less nerve racking to talk to people.

"I am excited, yes. My grandmother and my father were in Ravenclaw, my mother was in Slytherin. Are you parents wizards, if you dont mind my asking" Joseph said to Rona hoppin he didn't offend her with his question.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:13 am
Rona Patlow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1st Year ℛᾳʋєɳcɬᾳω

"Realists do not fear
the results of their study."

- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Current Mood: Calmer... xxx Location: Ravenclaw Table xxx Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

Slowly and precisely chewing her meal, Rona did little more than listen. It was important to listen, she'd learned that at a young age. With enough listening she could even hear the trees breathing. This conversation was no different. She sat quietly as Joseph spilled, taking note of houses and even peeking around the boy's head to the Slytherin table when it was mentioned. The group seemed haughty, most of the faces were sour and their fingers accusatory, but they seemed just as well placed as any of the others. Funny how personalities must have accounted for houses... one would think they'd base it solely on ability. Rona kept a mental note.

When probed, Rona didn't know to feel ashamed and quickly swallowed her bite.

"My parents were born to witches and wizards, but they aren't magical. Neither of them went to any sort of magical school, anyway. I suppose my Grandparents are Pure Bloods on both sides... I only learned about it last week. My parents were certain I'd be a... a squib, like them." Not quite sure where the blush in her cheeks was coming from, Rona dismissed the subtle feeling of concern at the mention of her parents.

Perhaps she missed them.

"I bet your parents will be thrilled to hear you're in Ravenclaw." Excitement dwindling, Rona clammed up a bit, but she did manage to ask one last question. "I suppose you'll phone them later, tell them all about it."

OOC: ...

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 am
User Image

User Image

First Year Ravenclaw

"Thats an interesting back story, so your parents are squibs? Cool. My grandfather was a muggle. But he deceased before I was born." Joseph said and thought about his grandfather.

"I sure hope my parents are happy about me being in Ravenclaw, altough I guess my mother wouldn't mid if I was in Slytherin." Joseph admitted.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:54 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

Elliot listened to the stories being told around him, and the older students who were seeing friends again for the first time in months. This place felt homey, comfortable, and it seemed like most of the people here would get along with each other.

When the young boy started choking on something, Elliot's eyebrows drew together in mild worry, but it seemed that one of the new girls who had been sorted with him was already going to his aid. He wondered at that - was the boy in such shock that he wasn't paying attention? Elliot could certainly understand that, as he felt like he had to take extra care not to fall off of the bench he was sitting on - there was so much new information to process here that it was getting to be a bit much. The boy kept an eye on the boy who had choked, hoping that he was alright, as he listened in to the other conversations.

There was a mildly interesting one going on between the newest male arrival and the girl that Shina had been talking to - and that was when Elliot found out he wasn't the only magical-capable child born to Squib parents. But her parents hadn't cut off contact like his had, so she knew more of her history and family than he did. He frowned slightly at that - was she lucky in that, or had she grown up with her family fearing that she would end up mundane? That seemed like it would be a lot of pressure... He shook his head rapidly before pushing his plate away. His stomach was full at this point, and he didn't feel comfortable talking to anyone except for Shina and he didn't want to bother her so much, so he was going back to reading.

He took his Charms textbook back out from the pocket he had stashed it in and started rereading the thing again. As he flipped through the pages he idly put his hand back into his pocket, only to let out a small yelp. Once again, he had forgotten the little teeth machine that he stored in there, and Cheshire was more than happy to remind him of his presence.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry, I'll snag you some food you little belly on legs!" He said this as softly as he could to his pocket as he wiggled his trapped hand around. After a few moments he was able to extricate his hand, which showed signs of being chewed and clawed. One of the nearby strips of meat looked like it would do, so he retrieved it from the serving platter and tried hurrying it into his pocket before anyone noticed. Soon enough sounds of tearing and chewing could be heard from inside his robes. Thankfully Shina already knew about Cheshire, but Elliot didn't know who else could hear the kitten.

User Image
User ImagexxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxUser Image

Catastrophic Ecstasy

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:01 am
User Image
User Image

Hearing the voracious eating, Shina glanced over at Elliot. Ah, Cheshire. Seeing Elliot's mauled hand, a smile snuck onto her lips. "Elliot, perhaps you might want to consider the possibility of apprenticing to a healer. Or investing in Soft Claws. Wouldn't stop the teeth, but you might be able to cope better if only one end was sharp," Shina suggested with laughter in her voice.

User Image
((OOC: Oooh, you got a posting format! Looking good! ))

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:30 am
User Image

User Image

It seemed the sorting hat knew more about him than he liked to admit. Did the rest of the students hear what he had heard. No, it can't be, he answered internally, the hat only said the name of the House the other students belonged to. Maybe, it whispered things to them also. Suddenly, he was alight with curiosity. What had it whispered to other students? Was it as true to them as what the hat had whispered in his ear? That hat told him of his quest for knowledge. It was true, he did feel out of place and a desperate need to understand what was going on. To his credit, by this time, he knew where the "Ravenclaw" students were sitting and quickly made his way over to them, all the while contemplating what a strange and intricate world this was, he had a lot to learn.

Taking the first empty seat available, he looked around. He was more interested to meet these people than he ever had been in meeting anyone from his past. This was, of course, understandable. These people were witches and wizards, after all, people who he thought only existed in storybooks. Still, he had learned through his own experience, it was quite possible these children did not want to be bothered. Before he decided to say anything, he took a quick look around the table.

On one end there was a conversation about parentage and magical history. Another, a question about apprenticing to a healer. All of it seemed very strange, so different from what Aaron had known.
Well, that's what you get when you grow up with normal parents. he reasoned. Though, he had to admit, he wasn't sure his family exactly qualified for normal

---------------

WITH: Ravenclaw table
OOC:

Thanks to Song of Aoede for graphics  

aliciazee

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:31 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fourth year - ravenclaw
hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

"Tristain," the sudden whisper hit the air just behind the beautiful Second Year's ears and made her jump in light surprised. The gentle touch of Phinelia's hand had found itself on her right shoulder as said senior Ravenclaw slipped into the seat vacant just next to the blond girl. The redhead's faint but knowing smile that was shot along with a shrug to Tristian was apology for her tardiness and absence; half the Sorting already missed.
The look in her molten eyes also said that as soon as the Ceremony had finished its run and all the eager applause had finished echoing in the dome ceiling of the Great Hall Phinelia had a present for Tristian. The best gift - a thing they both adored more than anything; a secret knowledge.
Without another word from the Fourth Year, she slipped into the role of proud House Member and immediately began the cracking clap for the newest Ravenclaw called. As if her presence had never so much as left the bench of the bronze and sapphire house even during the summer break; Phinelia was home once more.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:40 pm
Rona Patlow

1st Year ℛᾳʋєɳcɬᾳω

"Realists do not fear
the results of their study."

- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Current Mood: Calmer... xxx Location: Ravenclaw Table xxx Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

Rona's eyes once again wandered to the Slytherin table, their house perfectly trimmed in black and green. Once again she took note of how put-together most of them seemed. Lovely, sharp haircuts and handsome faces, the lot of them. They must have been a house of Purebloods and leaders. A pang of jealousy twisted her guts. Their abilities would far outshine her own in classes, she knew it...

Oh well. One can only study and hope for the best. At least she wasn't like her parents.

"I think I would have felt very out of place in Slytherin." She added, turning again to look about her own table. Glasses, long frizzy hair, frumpy clothing. Some of them had wild jewelry, like her own, and others strange hats or alarmingly large ears or teeth. Where they a house of nerds?

Rona giggled to herself, suddenly very conscious of how much this place was like a real school. Her clique had been assigned.

"So, did the sorting hat say anything strange to you?" The girl only asked because the hat had commented on her severity and wit. She wondered if these children were more similar to her than she had previously imagined.

OOC: ...

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:18 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

"Everything okay?" he heard a girl say. At first, it didn't register the fact that she was talking to him. Yeah, it took an attempt at death to make his presence known. Everybody could choke on water, right? Though to Chase, he felt like his dignity was stabbed with a very sharp weapon.

"I'm fine," he nodded at the girl. Was he? It wasn't like a sip of water could drown him. Plus the body reactions did their jobs with getting rid of the water from his windpipe. But somehow, he didn't feel quite right.

"I guess the sorting took a toll on my psychological well-being," he said.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:00 pm
User Image

Hearing the boy's initial response, Cressida was put at ease. Even if she wasn't entirely sure she believed the boy, he had, after all, just choked. "Fine" was not the word she would have chosen. She felt a pang of guilt for the boy, she hadn't meant to call attention to what was probably an embarrassing moment for him. But, then again, she had acted on instinct. Seeing that someone was in trouble, her natural urge was to respond. That wasn't a bad thing, was it?

At his explanation, his use of the sorting to explain how out of place he felt, Cressida realized she empathized. It was, after all, not a moment ago that she walked on unsteady legs to the table they now shared. The choking had shaken her from it, but, with the immediate danger now past, she realized her nerves were catching up with her yet again.

"Yeah", she acknowledged, "same here. I don't really know what I expected, but...yeah she finished lamely. "I'm Cressida" she offered, almost apologetically. "Were you expecting Ravenclaw?" Cressi asked, genuinly curious. At least, for the moment, conversation was a distraction from her nerves that seemed to come and go in waves. Though, she was admittedly less tense now that she had been sorted.  

Song of Aoede

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:38 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

Chase only hoped that his parade of undignified moments would end with the choking. At least he wasn't splattering blood all over the place like he did at the train station. But still... He tried to forget what just happened and focus on the budding conversation. She seemed a little nervous, though who wouldn't be after going through the sorting?

He found it funny how he had to assess his abilities a third time on the first day at Hogwarts. It was expected, since the school made a big deal out of the sorting and all. "I don't know," he said. "Truth was, I know I didn't fit into Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. In my mind, it was a tossup between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, but the people who I rode the boat with expected me to end up in Ravenclaw." It was almost second nature for him to use the word "people" rather than "friends".

"I'm Chase, by the way," he greeted Cressida.

He wasn't much of a social person, though Chase didn't know how much it showed. He has, after all, been an introverted geek for most of his life. Changing that in a couple hours was impossible, though he was trying.

User Image

His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:03 pm
User Image

Cathryn Rose O'Malley
13 Years OldThird YearRavenclawChaserSingle

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cathryn's head began to swim with the massive influx of first years. There were so many new faces she had to talk to! Were there this many last year? Or the year before? She wasn't sure, but she did know that her extroverted nature was screaming at her to say hello to someone! She had greeted Seren already, and they could talk later, sharing a room and whatnot. She spotted her next victim(s). A boy with long dark hair, brilliant turquoise eyes, and a very nerdy tendency was talking to a blonde-haired, brown-eyed girl. "Hello, first-years! Am I interrupting? I'm Cathryn O'Malley, but you can call me Cat or Kitty for short. Welcome to Ravenclaw. We are happy to have you!" There. Her nature was satisfied, at least for the moment.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

Wearing

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:10 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━┓
Sato Aiko

Fifth Year Ravenclaw ▹ Prefect
┗━━━━━━━━┛

▷ I may be quiet, but I'm screaming at you in my mind. ◁

The graceful Japanese Prefect watched for a while as several students were Sorted into her house until finally she rose from her seat. "Welcome to House Ravenclaw. I am one of your Prefects. Aiko Sato is my name, but you all should call me Aiko. I would like to welcome you to the house of the brilliant, established by Rowena Ravenclaw at the school's founding. You all should be very proud to be members of Ravenclaw. Welcome all!"

Out of Character: ...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:00 pm
User Image

Cressida listened to the boy intently, welcoming the conversation. Under normal circumstances, she was a decent conversationalist herself, but after going through the sorting, her first day in this expansive castle, and meeting all the new people, well, suffice it to say it was unlike anything she had ever experienced. She wondered just how her parents had felt on their first days. She can imagine her mother having been just as nervous and Cressida herself felt, while her father, she assumed was probably charming. Though, she realized, being that they were not in the same house when they attended the school, they probably didn't meet the first day. She wondered why that surprised her as mucha s it did. Cressida, it seemed, had just always assumed her parents had known each other from..well...forever. Such was the logic of an eleven year old. Of course, all that had very little to do with the conversation she was now having.

"I guess Ravenclaw is a good as any," she said with a smile, only a touch of her anxiety quivered at her lip, most of had at least begun to fade. "I was a little nervous they might put me in Slytherin. I'm sure it's not as bad as I hear, but...well you know what the rumors are." She finished a bit more hesitantly than she had meant to when she begun. Cressida had, in fact, wondered if her mischievous streak might land her in the serpent's house, but, there was never any true malice in her motives. In fact, it was her sense of justice that usually led her astray.

Hearing his name she tried it. "Chase?", she spoke, hoping she had hear him correctly. "Nice to meet you, Chase".

Suddenly another girl, older than herself and the boy she now knew as Chase, piped in. "Not at all," Cressida answered with a lighthearted smile. "I'm Cressida, nice to meet you". It just as she finished that someone else, a prefect, she later explained, stood from her seat and welcomed the group to Ravenclaw. Cressida wondered if this was a formality or she was genuinely excited, but she quickly put it out of her mind. "Welcome to Ravenclaw", she echoed to herself, just above a whisper.  

Song of Aoede

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:43 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

When Cressida mentioned the Slytherins, Chase couldn't help himself but to glance over at the table. Many of them seemed to give off this proud aura, almost with disdain. They were an annoyed bunch of kids, Chase generalized. No, chastised himself. It was the second time that night he passed judgement on a person or a group.

"Yeah. 'Chase' as in, dog chasing its tail," he joked. What were his parents thinking? It was an unusual name, yet it was common. Chase you dreams... Or something like that. Rather, it was more life he chased nonexistent shadows in the dark. "I hope classes start soon. It's something to do," he said.

He heard a very enthusiastic greeting to the first years, and he turned his head to face the girl, Cathryn. He gave her a nod of acknowledgement, then said, "Hello." I'm an idiot. At least he could've elaborated more on the abrupt greeting.

He heard the Prefect's little speech, though he didn't respond. He didn't know how to respond. Was he proud to be a Ravenclaw? Nothing in his life seemed to have changed. At least, not up until this moment. Maybe the fact that he's losing the ability to perform basic daily functions, like drinking water. Maybe tomorrow would be a brighter day.

User Image

- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games