Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:48 pm
@ Denbe, Hisashi, and Kagae:

It would take little effort to undo Kagae's bonds, but he didn't look much in the way of being able to walk right now.

Hisashi suddenly calls out, and gets a little less pressure from the axe against his neck. "Actually, talking is fine. Job is a job, and couldn't care less how it got done," the bandit Tenshin would respond. Hisashi could even feel him shrug.

Though he does seem to fall for Hisashi's bluff hook, line, and sinker. "... really?" he says with a dejected sigh, releasing Hisashi and grabbing his heavy ono with both hands, letting out a little roar as he swung it with full force behind him, turning his back to the Mantis.

"..... wait a minute..."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:17 pm
Rain Yupa
"..... wait a minute..."

Hisashi wouldn't miss a beat, though he really could have been quite slow from how laid back the bandit was about it all. The gullible man would find the tables being turned with an arrow point being pressed against him.

"Actually, I told you that so that I could get behind you. No hard feelings, mate. Now, drop the axe."

And thus the captor became the captive.

"Alright, move back towards Denbe and the Crab. Any funny business or sudden movements and you get dubious designation of becoming my new quiver."

Basically he was hoping that Denbe'd either restrain the man or knock him out. With any luck they could then grab Kagae and run. Barring that, he would just keep the bow trained him and take things from there.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 9, 4, 6, 10, 2 Total: 38 (6-60)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:29 pm
Deceit [Intimidate] = 6k3+2 vs Poor Tenshin

Total: 12 + 9 + 7 (+2) = 30  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:30 pm
Exploding Die  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:31 pm
...With the actual DIE this time.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 pm
Denbe froze- if Kagae couldn't stand on his own, the heavy Crab would probably be tasting a little dirt.

The Hare looked back, thinking this was really not a good time to do much in the way of holding, when he caught a glimpse of Hisashi with a big ax behind him. For a moment, a pit started to form in his stomach and he worried that despite their caution, they had just contributed to three dead or captured wardens, instead of one.

He very nearly thanked his ancestors, and the Mantis', out loud when the axeman turned around and found himself facing down an arrow. Gripping his sword in one hand and supporting Kagae up with his other arm, the Hare would try his very best to lead the Crab up to the foliage where Hisashi was quickly. He was too well aware that if he was too much in the clear when the others showed up, he might have to put his friend down and try to fight them off instead; hoping the Mantis could put down the bandit by him and lead Kagae away in a timely enough fashion.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:35 pm
Tenshin doesn't come anywhere NEAR beating a 30.

"Fair enough," he said, dropping his ono, just like that. "Though, I'm running off as soon as my companions get here. Should be any time now, partner." Hands atop his bald head, he would take a very casual walking pace as he followed the path he saw Denbe go earlier.

Denbe, you hear someone coming through the bushes as you help Kagae to his feet!

And with OOC clarification, you obviously know it's not Hisashi!  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 10, 8, 1 Total: 34 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:04 pm
Well, Hisashi was okay, and that was definitely not him rustling in the bushes. Denbe was willing to try and hold off the bandits so the courtier and engineer could make a get away, but he didn't like the idea of just standing over the helpless Crab and defending him until they ran out of badguys.

Thinking quick, in a bit of a panic, the Hare continued in Hisashi's direction, hauling the Crab into the first set of bushes he could locate along the way and attempting to keep heading toward Hisashi WITHOUT making a spectacle of themselves. The closer he could get to Hisashi before anyone hostile knew where they were and what was going on, the better.

[1 Raise to hide Kagae with Denbe.]
[5k4-5 Agility/Stealth(Sneak): 34]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:06 pm
[!!!: 16]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:22 pm
@The Headman's House

Kojiro mentally swore to himself and looked towards Miya-chan to see how it would be handled. He didn't believe that Tengu-san was their cousin, but Miya seemed content with their explanation...and he'd let that stand for now.

As for the other three, given the fact that each of them had somehow offended his honor in some way today, Kojiro thought they might be better off without them....still, saving them COULD put them in the Scorpion's debt for a long time to come. "I've got confidence in them. I've seen each of them fight. They should be fine if we aid them."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:27 pm
Suddenly, Ginko the bandit woman would burst through the bushes, stopping dead in her tracks as she saw her brother laying there, bleeding out. "T... Takashi?" Running over to his side, she cried out, "Takashi, no! Please, don't die!" Shaking him, he sputtered and coughed a bit, and she looked around in a panic.

... Kagae was gone, and the ropes were cut.

Completely failing to see Denbe and Kagae, she stood up, and drew her katana from her hip. She looked directly at the bandit Tenshin, and Hisashi.

"You b*****d! I'll kill you for this!" she screamed in their direction (presumably at Hisashi?)

At this point guys, I'm going to require initiative rolls, unless someone thinks of something REALLY clever. (Kagae needn't bother)  
Sutiiven rolled 7 10-sided dice: 10, 9, 1, 10, 1, 7, 1 Total: 39 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 pm
Rain Yupa
Completely failing to see Denbe and Kagae, she stood up, and drew her katana from her hip. She looked directly at the bandit Tenshin, and Hisashi.

"You b*****d! I'll kill you for this!" she screamed in their direction (presumably at Hisashi?)

At this point guys, I'm going to require initiative rolls, unless someone thinks of something REALLY clever.

"I assure you that I am not the one who has injured your ally, and I have no interest in harming you or my captive. I am simply here to retake my companion from you. Stand down, and I will release this man and allow you to tend to your wounded ally in peace. Both our sides have taken casualties that must be dealt with - we do not need any more unnecessary bloodshed this night."

It probably wasn't going to work, but he had only one shot to try and talk her down before she attacked.

Courtier (Awareness): 6k3
Void Point Spent: +1k1

Total: 19+19+9+7 = 54

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 9 Total: 18 (2-20)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 pm
Exploding Dice:  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:30 pm
Without a raise, Hisashi would get a partial success:

"Tell me the b*****d who did this is, and we have a deal," she said lowly at Hisashi, growling under her breath.

"Uh-oh..." Tenshin would say lowly under his breath. Turning his head to the side. he would say quietly, "Would you mind if we took a few steps to the left before answering her?" he requested, as Denbe and Kagae were in the bushes to the right.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:54 pm
Hisashi would eye the woman growling at him and pondered his options for a moment.

"What is your intent with this information? And what evidence do I have that you will keep your end of the deal?

If it wasn't one thing it was another, it seemed.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games