Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:38 am
I think my memory loss is mostly due to drinking. I get more work done since I'm not spazzing over every detail, but I can't really remember the process of coloring at the end of it. I guess I can't complain since even of I can't recall much of any use, my body still does what it's trained to do and I'm getting better at it. xd

And when the piece is done, no one is even going to look at the eyes
gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:57 am
BOOBIES!! scream

I can actually take a pretty good guess as to how it was done by studying it. Too lazy to test out my theory and put together a step-by-step of it right now, though.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:18 pm
Don't tell anyone my secret 13 herbs and spices that go into my coloring! gonk

On an entirely different note... I now come with 30% more cat.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:49 pm
Kitteh! scream  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:12 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:16 pm
Geez, you should have let me handle the coloring. You're getting better, but your eye for detail just isn't as developed as mine. You particularly fail on shading the boobs. cat_stressed

You were napping and I don't have much free time coming up. I couldn't wait for you to be ready.

*sigh* It's fine. At least you got started, but really, you couldn't just start on another piece while you were waiting for me? Nevermind. Just try not to let it happen again.

Haaai. m(_ _)m  

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 pm
You know you're narcissistic when...

...you commission artwork. Of yourself. emotion_kirakira

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:28 pm
And there it is.

User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:31 pm
BOOBIES!!! scream

Also, shiny emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm
Coloring some old lines to practice my skin tones.

User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 pm
This is exactly why I don't draw men. All those effing muscles I have to be careful of. stressed
Of course it's pretty much just practice since I'm covering a lot of it up.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:13 pm
Musculature definitely makes men harder to draw, but on the bright side, not all men are muscular so sometimes you can get away with giving them a more feminine figure emotion_awesome

Looks like you did pretty good with that sketch except that it looks odd that the torso is so built while the arms pretty much look like skin and bone... more so the closer arm.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm
As part of my aesthetic, girls are cute and men are manly, so for me, every guy I draw is muscled or at least toned.

Started with myself as the base for the sketch. I started building up the core muscles first since they are still going to be visible they needed to look nice. then moving up into the chest and just haven't made it to the arms yet. I only barely started on the right, but the arms will get my special treatment when I start up again.

I really should work out more.
crying  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:43 pm
Ah, but not every girl you draw is cute emotion_awesome *points to sig*

I think there's something to appreciate in a few body types, and if you wanted to draw actual characters and not just ideal bodies with different clothes and faces put on them, then getting comfortable with other body types is a must as a character's body type is part of a number of visual indicators of that character's personality.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:16 pm
Taus is one of my rare exceptions. If I didn't have that character in mind the inspiration would never have happened so you are far more responsible for that creation than I am. Though I wouldn't mind taking another swing at the design some time.

I'm trying to branch out. Just the fact that I'm drawing a male at all is a minor miracle, But I will draw different body types eventually since my ideal type of partner, even among males, is very feminine so the muscles will go. Feh, maybe I'll just draw flat women and call them guys. rofl

The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games